Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay (29360 Views)

20 Most Ridiculous Overloaded Vehicles Spotted On The Road / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees / 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by Opinionated: 11:31am On Jan 10, 2018
Hotels are always looking for ways to make money. Thus, they have devised subtle ways to rake in more money-which may appear ingenious to them but not to their guests. Check your bill closely and always speak up when a hotel hits you with any of the following ridiculous fees shared by Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency.

Additional person fee

Hotel room rates are usually based on double occupancy. You don’t have to pay extra charges for kids or friends in the room. To avoid this fee, you need to be aware of it before you book so that you can search for another hotel that doesn’t charge it.

WiFi fee

WiFi should be one of the perks customers enjoy when they stay in a hotel. But a lot of hotels charge a fee for WiFi. This said, when you find such a fee on your bill, do not hesitate to make a complaint especially if it is ridiculously expensive.

Parking fee

You should not pay to park your car at a hotel you are lodging. But in a desperate bid to earn more, some hotels charge this absurd fee.

Early check-in fee

Some hotels will charge you extra if you check in at a certain time. If you arrive early, ask whether there is an early check-in fee. If there is, you should not hurriedly pay. The hotel should be magnanimous enough to check-in whether you arrive early or not.

Luggage Holding

Some hotels charge guests to leave their bags at the front desk. Always confirm if this service is free before stashing your luggage with them.

[b]source: [/b]http://www.opinions.ng/5-ridiculous-hotel-fees-never-pay/

5 Likes

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by Eleniyan007(m): 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
Op luggage holding..I go kon pay money for dis 9ja

1 Like

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by rocknation62(m): 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
E remain small dem for dey collect OLOSHO FEE grin

THIS PERSON ABOVE ME,WELL DONE OOOO,I NO DEY FOLLOW YOU DRAG SPACE O,JUST KNOW THAT YOU TOOK WHAT BELONGS TO ME....
MY GOD WILL FIGHT FOR ME...
cry cry cry

25 Likes

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by prof22(m): 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ok
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by drips8(m): 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
ftc

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
Okay

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by shammahyaro(f): 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
k
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by AreaFada2: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
Lol. Rip off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by korel9: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
come OP, which country is this meant for?

19 Likes

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by free2ryhme: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
In Nigeria nobody ask questions

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by fiftynaira(m): 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
How does this affect the price of Garri?
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by ibkgab001: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
Is it your money
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by 2shure: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
who hotel epp
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by Daviestunech(m): 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
You see dose mofos upstairs grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by janeIBfashion(f): 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
these are ridiculous charges

1 Like

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
Lodged in a hotel some months back. Woke up the next morning and remembered that I didn't get the Wi-Fi password.

E pain me based on the room fees much sad

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by Ajoboss(m): 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2018
I only patronize hotels wen Fatima is around
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by Taniaa(f): 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2018

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by deafeyez: 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2018
They would have to tell you even before charging me. I can't come early and you charge me early fee without proper notice.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by Samusu(m): 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2018
Miscellaneous fee too
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by Kirgyakos(m): 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2018
WTF
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by badmanschatz: 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
Spacebookers Association of NL

Which one again is . .. ... ...

Are you dumb in the fingers too?

1 Like

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by idkAttitude(m): 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
i will pay everything even toilet fee
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by sholatech(m): 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2018
In most Nigerian hotels, you would not need pay most of these fees.

But in many other countries, you surely will pay.

Many Hilton hotels require you pay for some high Speed wifi services. Same with Car-parking and extra beds by Marriot/Intercontinental hotels even in African Destinations like Kenya, Uganda, SA etc
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by Dramadiddy(m): 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
i can understand parking but the rest is a no no for me
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by Bustincole(m): 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
This must not be in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by Benjaniblinks(m): 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by correctguy101(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2018
If I count the number of times I paid for a hotel room, I'm sure it would be less than 10times.

I mostly move about with artistes and paper boiz. I don't even pay for the orobos, it's a given undecided

OP really? Some hotels do charge for common WiFi and luggage? What kinda nonsense hotel could that be?

Parking space, aye. Not all places you park in some hotels. There are reserved areas where you must pay if you insist on parking there.
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by johnstar(m): 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
Not hotels in Nigeria
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by olowobaba10: 1:51pm On Jan 10, 2018
BALCONY FEE, SEA VIEW FEE
Re: 5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay by tartar9(m): 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2018
How about getting charged for inquiring about their charges sad

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ / Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum / Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.