Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Journey To Italy, Episode One - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Journey To Italy, Episode One (424 Views)

The Journey To A Thousand Flash / Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher: Episode One / The Thorny Path To Italy- A Novel By Akíntayo Akinjide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Journey To Italy, Episode One by Govatomic(m): 11:43am On Jan 10, 2018
JOURNEY TO ITALY - Episode one
Life has been so boring in the village, as things were not going as planned. After finishing secondary school, my hope of going to university was dashed because of my fathers low financial status but never stopped him from marrying more wives making my mother number three out of seven wives. It was hell at home as these wives quarrel and fights themselves making the atmosphere looks unbearable.
Yee! May God punish the person that used stick to beat my dog, 'Ogun lapa'. That was the voice of the first wife shouting on top of her voice to show her ego and seniority. Sango will kill you too, 'oloriburuku' the fourth wife shot back at her. Ehhn, you are the witch that wanted to kill my dog, for what. You are asking me, ask your dog. Your stupid dog that took away my meat while I was taking to iya Aduke, that was my mother. Foolish woman I don't have anything to say to you since you can't cover your soup well, 'oniranu'. That was the display of madness in our home and my father just look on with his tobacco in his mouth. 'Awon were'( mad people) he always say smiling to himself.
All these makes me sick and wanted to leave home and travel to city just like my friends had done and also having learnt that one can only make it in the city.
'Knack knack' was the sound on the door that woke me up from sleep. 'Aduke'' Aduke'... Who is at home?. It was the voice of big sister ( my mother's sister) who has been doing well abroad. She began to sing my oriki on sighting me but I was just smiling. After the whole exchange of pleasantries she said she wanted to take me along when she will be returning to abroad, it was as if I was dreaming until I heard my mother say' no' maybe she thought I would marry a white man and forget about her, so funny but that was her belief. After much persuasion she decided to agree and we got ready on the said date. We took off by car but before we moved my mother wept but I was happy to leave home not to city but abroad. The first wife was also weeping but what caused it, I don't know. We began our journey and passed through deserts but I was little scared as i start to see human skeleton, woman being dragged on the hot soil by men and raped by them. Young guys in military uniform raping young guys who were screaming for help. I can't forget these Gory sight of a small baby being smashed on the wall with his brain outside. My aunt just looked away as I shiver and I could not ask her any question since she had earlier warned me no talking.

After several days, we arrived at a border where my aunt stopped and met with a white man and exchanged pleasantries, she was hailed by some group of boys which shows how popular she is and I said I will be popular and richer than her, little did I know. After she talked with the man she received some money which I later learnt it was the money for her bringing new slaves, also she takes part to my mother to deceive her that I was already working and sending her money. After my aunt was gone the young man came to me and said beauty ,your name, I replied with uneasy, Aduke' but he pronounced 'Adue', anyhow sir, I was feeling unsecured and unease since my aunt left only telling me to be a good girl. The young man took me to a big mansion where I met madame Theresa, who lived with four children and husband in the big house. She proved to be nice to me and urshered me to a room of only three and half abestos, although clean, I was a little bit confused that despite the big unused rooms she could only offer this tiny room however I was happy since I would have a place to sleep and eat. I was given the list of what I will be doing like sweeping and general cleaning everyday but no education in the list. I was forced to ask madame if I wil go to school but she shouted Bleep up you slave.' I slave'. I wepted all night and for days till I accepted fate.
After two to three weeks, i was getting used to them most especially the baby, until oneday, I was tired after working a whole day and since no one was at home I decide to sleep in the living room, wearing a skirt revealing my legs, I slept that I didn't know the time madame husband came home until when I felt a hand caressing my legs that I woke up and slap the hand.' Oga, it is you, am sorry I didn't know. Don't worry dear, he said trying to move closer but I moved backward, he moved again putting his hand on my shoulders, I shrugged, beauty, are you afraid he said, I could not talk I was only weeping trying to beg him but he will not listen. So desperate, I decided to run away but he ordered me to stop and draws me closer to himself, and wanted to ...thanks for reading. Episode two coming soon.
Keep Visiting www.teamwhatt.com for episode two
Like us on facebook@ teamwhatt.

(1) (Reply)

Discipline / Mothers Day Special Poem: Mama By Soibi Ransom / A Nigerian Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.