Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music (37442 Views)

Davido: My New Private Jet Has Arrived / Davido: My Gateman Has 2 Houses And 3 Cars (Photos) / Davido: My Wife, Chioma Wears The Latest - Flaunts Chef Chi's Designer Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by harbdulrasaq88(m): 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
According to him, his father was initially not in support of his decision to do music and even went ahead to arrest him when he returned to Nigerian to pursue his dreams For a star like Davido who obviously came from a wealthy home, one would think he never had to struggle for anything.

Well it appears that the Fia crooner didn't exactly have it easy especially when he gave up everything to delve into music. According to Atlanta born Nigerian singer, his father was not impressed when he left the US where he was studying Engineering to return to Lagos to pursue his music career. He said: "My dad didn’t like me doing music!” laughs D “If he saw my face on a billboard, he’d arrest everybody at that show! But when I made the song ‘Dami Duro’ [2011], it became the biggest track in Africa; it’s saying: ‘I’m the son of a rich man, you can’t stop me, and people love me.’ It now feels good for dad to see that music can take me this far.”

When asked about the awakening the western mainstream has experienced seeing that Afrobeat has inspired a lot of international artistes, Davido who has over 4 million followers online sited social media as the main reason.

According to him, "It’s the internet and social media,” replies Davido, with the assurance of someone who has Nigeria’s biggest Instagram account (5.5m followers). “I’m telling you, Nigerian people have a supportive force, and an amazing energy. Beyoncé and Kanye felt it on their visits, but Nigeria has always been very big on entertainment; when I was little, a big artist would come over to play every Christmas. Now the music industry in Nigeria is like a government ministry; it’s worth billions. There are so many artists in Nigeria that you might not have heard of, but trust me, they’re doing well."

Speaking on the type of music and what inspires his sound, he said“In Nigeria, we all mix sounds together and collaborate; it’s natural,” He described his type of songs as “afrofusion”, with elements including hip-hop, Ghanaian high life, South African kwaito, and R&B. “It’s been generalised as afrobeats, but I have songs that sound like afropop, afrotrap." he said.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/01/my-dad-arrested-me-when-i-left-usa-for.html

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by benzene00: 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ar
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
Nice guy.

9 Likes

Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by hollamanng(m): 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
K
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by psychologist(m): 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
grin

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by awa(m): 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by inventor432(m): 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
now the music is fetching you money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by jerrybakermillz(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
Hmmm.....Your father arrested you and bail you,then he wire millions into your account to pursue your dream

Money before fame,now you have the fame and more Money.....issorite

You work hard for it though

34 Likes

Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by EddieCAD(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
So what do you want us to do with this information now undecided

3 Likes

Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by DWJOBScom(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
well done son
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by Perge(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
My question is.....

Where is NwaAmaikpe? angry

78 Likes

Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by mccoy47(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
Who wouldn't
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by donstan18: 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
EddieCAD:
So what do you want us to do with this information now undecided

Learn how to allow your kids use their talents and enjoy what they have passion for, no matter how rich you are.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by justikay2000: 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
Let him rearrest u now that you have 30billion in ur account b4 u you finish the money on yor baby mamas

1 Like

Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by larisdena(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ok.
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by johnstar(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ok
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by tociano009(m): 5:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
You won my heart, because I ve been waiting for all those other Nigeria Afropop singers calling there music's Afrobeats please tell others to stop saying they are doing Afrobeats because it's an insult to Afrobeats singers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by mhisbliss(f): 5:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
sadin nigeria even kpangolo music sells as long as the beat is ok and danceable, every upcoming musician would be stars if only they get the publicity and promotion, and with the money at davido's disposable he kinda had an advantage, if everyone had the same opportunity as davido, he wouldn't have succeeded with his frog voice

Its nothing personal incase a fanboy want to carry matter for head cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by itsandi(m): 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
Cool story grin Enjoy interesting stories, poems, follow series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Enjoy
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by bmxshop: 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
Nice
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by Donald3d(m): 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
My father beat the shiit out of me when I ..... grin grin
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by Nizguy(m): 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
u did well
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by drips8(m): 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2018
I wonder how his dad feels now
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by greatman247(m): 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2018
Now your risk is paying off big time...well done man.
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by mikeapollo: 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
harbdulrasaq88:
According to him, his father was initially not in support of his decision to do music and even went ahead to arrest him when he returned to Nigerian to pursue his dreams For a star like Davido who obviously came from a wealthy home, one would think he never had to struggle for anything.

Well it appears that the Fia crooner didn't exactly have it easy especially when he gave up everything to delve into music. According to Atlanta born Nigerian singer, his father was not impressed when he left the US where he was studying Engineering to return to Lagos to pursue his music career. He said: "My dad didn’t like me doing music!” laughs D “If he saw my face on a billboard, he’d arrest everybody at that show! But when I made the song ‘Dami Duro’ [2011], it became the biggest track in Africa; it’s saying: ‘I’m the son of a rich man, you can’t stop me, and people love me.’ It now feels good for dad to see that music can take me this far.”

When asked about the awakening the western mainstream has experienced seeing that Afrobeat has inspired a lot of international artistes, Davido who has over 4 million followers online sited social media as the main reason.

According to him, "It’s the internet and social media,” replies Davido, with the assurance of someone who has Nigeria’s biggest Instagram account (5.5m followers). “I’m telling you, Nigerian people have a supportive force, and an amazing energy. Beyoncé and Kanye felt it on their visits, but Nigeria has always been very big on entertainment; when I was little, a big artist would come over to play every Christmas. Now the music industry in Nigeria is like a government ministry; it’s worth billions. There are so many artists in Nigeria that you might not have heard of, but trust me, they’re doing well."

Speaking on the type of music and what inspires his sound, he said“In Nigeria, we all mix sounds together and collaborate; it’s natural,” He described his type of songs as “afrofusion”, with elements including hip-hop, Ghanaian high life, South African kwaito, and R&B. “It’s been generalised as afrobeats, but I have songs that sound like afropop, afrotrap." he said.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/01/my-dad-arrested-me-when-i-left-usa-for.html

Confirmed!
Davido and most of his Nigerian colleagues, are playing the genre /sound inspired and originated from Ghana!

2 Likes

Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by Abfinest007(m): 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2018
t
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by lordtim001(m): 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2018
These space bookers above. Thunder is coming o
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by bumi10(m): 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
they will always do their jobs as fathers

thats their way
Re: Davido: My Father Arrested Me When I Left USA For Lagos To Face Music by anibirelawal(m): 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
GOOD...

FROM GRACE ....TO ..... AMAZING GRACE.!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tobi Bakre And Banky W (Throwback Vs Recent Photos) / Linda Ikeji Celebrates Her 41st Birthday (Photos) / Bishop Umoh Mobbed At An Event In Akwa Ibom Today (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.