Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Libya Returnees Reject N1,000 Fares In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Libya Returnees Reject N1,000 Fares In Edo (307 Views)

Zulum: Boko Haram Is Attacking People And You Are Collecting N1,000 Per Car / Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup / Libya Returnees Protest Non-Payment Of Stipend In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Libya Returnees Reject N1,000 Fares In Edo by Kayus4real: 6:44am On Jan 11, 2018
Returnees yesterday rejected the N1,000 fares given to them by the Edo State government. People yesterday morning stormed the premises of Benin Motel Plaza where the returnees are lodged to look for their relatives. They peeped through the fence.
A woman, who gave her name as Boss, said she was looking for her brother, Aminu.She said she last heard from him in September 2016.

Another man said he visited the hotel each time he heard Nigerians returned from Libya to search for his daughter. The returnees said it was sad that they were still wearing the prison uniforms given to them in Libya. They claimed that an announcement by the Federal Government that Nigerians should return home, made Libya policemen to arrest them.

The returnees alleged that they lost money during the arrest and
deportation. Efosa Clifford, 43, said he spent over N1.3 million on his failed trip to Europe.

He said: “Life is good in Libya. But unfortunately, blacks have no free movement Gabriel Edokpaigbe said it would be a shame for him to go back to
his father’s home after he sold his belongings to travel to Europe. He said the N1,000 fare would not take him to his destination.
Christian Otoide, who said he is based in Lagos State, added that he was still wearing a prison uniform “because I have no clothes.”
He said they were promised many things in Libya and he was forced to join the Federal Government flight, instead of the IOM programme.

“How will N1,000 take me to Lagos? We were working in Libya, but the police told us that our government said our country is good
now.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/returnees-reject-n1000-fares/

Re: Libya Returnees Reject N1,000 Fares In Edo by okosodo: 6:48am On Jan 11, 2018
Federal government should please do something. If they were northerners, the matter would have been a matter of urgent public importance. Since they are southerners and mostly christians, they can go and die
Re: Libya Returnees Reject N1,000 Fares In Edo by Ayoemrys(m): 6:54am On Jan 11, 2018
Useless Goverment They Have Nothing To Offer Than To Fill Their Pocket With Our Money, If You Cant Buy One Cloth Then Leave The Rag He Wore, Thunder Go Fire You(goverment)all
Re: Libya Returnees Reject N1,000 Fares In Edo by obedugo(m): 7:16am On Jan 11, 2018
This returnees na mumu o, so they no sabi say if this government tell you to run u stay if they tell you to stay u better run. Our country is now good indeed

(1) (Reply)

EKITI 2018: I Have No Regret Backing My Deputy – Fayose / INDEPENDENT Award Will Motivate Me To Do More — Okowa / The Black Man Needs To Use His Brain Productively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.