Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,693 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (38778 Views)

Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by ngenec: 2:03pm On Jan 20, 2018
Where are u kay08, have u gone on break[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Oluwakemi65(f): 6:08pm On Jan 22, 2018
Kayo80 you've gone AWOL again. hope all is well?
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by queenitee(f): 8:40am On Jan 24, 2018
Taiwo why? why?

1 Like

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 11:27am On Jan 24, 2018
Oluwakemi65:
Kayo80 you've gone AWOL again. hope all is well?

Sorry, i am sick. I'm getting better now. I'll definitely continue by weekend.
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Oluwakemi65(f): 11:34am On Jan 24, 2018
kayo80:

Get well soon dear, pele.

1 Like

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by DemiKOL(f): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
kayo80:

please take care of yourself.....

1 Like

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Hardeybaryor(m): 1:37pm On Jan 24, 2018
kayo80:

Please get well soon. I wish you quick recovery

1 Like

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by tu9ic3(m): 12:43am On Jan 25, 2018
Get well soon bro
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:03pm On Feb 01, 2018
Oluwakemi65:

Get well soon dear, pele.

Thanks.
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:03pm On Feb 01, 2018
DemiKOL:

please take care of yourself.....

Thanks. I'm back. smiley

1 Like

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:04pm On Feb 01, 2018
Hardeybaryor:

Please get well soon. I wish you quick recovery

Thank you.
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:14pm On Feb 01, 2018
tu9ic3:
Get well soon bro

Thanks.
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2018
kayo80:

Wish you quick recovery and pls I want to know if you have completed me you and them such a great job you did there so I'll love to read the remaining part

1 Like

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2018
Kennydave12:
Wish you quick recovery and pls I want to know if you have completed me you and them such a great job you did there so I'll love to read the remaining part

Thanks. I promise to complete it when I complete this.
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2018
Chapter 7

“Wow! You look so much like her.”
“Yes, of course I do; we are twins.” Taiwo said and looked up at him funny.
“Yes, I know,” Efe said, still dazed. “I’m sorry, I was caught off guard.”
“It’s okay,” she said and laughed a little. “My mom actually wanted me to have a discussion with you.” She added.
“Okay.”
“So…she actually wanted to know if you are capable of supplying eggs to all our outlets across the state.”
Without thinking twice, Efe answered with, “I can.”
“Okay. I don’t have the raw figures with me right now, but I am guessing we would be needing like…” She was saying then stopped to look into space for a few seconds before adding, “Like a couple of hundreds of crates every week.”
“Okay. I can deliver.”
“That’s great. You would be dealing directly with me,” she said and handed her phone over to him. “Please let me have your number?”
“Okay,” he said and collected the phone. He handed it over after punching in his number. “My name is Mr. Efe Imarogbe.”
“Okay, Mr. Efe Imarogbe.” She said slowly as she stored his number on her phone. “You will hear from me pretty soon.” His phone started ringing, and then she said, “Yep! You just heard from me.”
“Oh!”
“Of course you will still hear from me again…” She was saying then stopped to chuckle. “Pardon me; I was just trying to be funny.”
Efe smiled at her as he held up his phone to store her number.
“Okay…so where is your farm?”
“Sheshegun.”
“Oh, that’s not too far from here. Please no delays.”
“No delays.”
“Okay. Be expecting a call from me soon.”
“Okay.” He said and she walked backwards for a few steps, then turned around and headed towards her car. Efe basked in the euphoria of what had just happened for a few seconds, and then got into his car. He pulled out his phone and called his farm manager.

When he ended the call, he sat there, making some mental calculations, and thinking of his next move. When he realized how odd it was sitting in his car for too long in an unfamiliar area, he started up the car and made a u-turn right at the spot he was parked at.
He drove out of the street and right there parked on the right side of the main road out of the estate was Taiwo’s car. She was standing beside the car, looking into her phone, but looked up when his SUV casted a shadow in front of her.

“Don’t worry; I’ll get it fixed.” she shouted out. Without saying anything back, he parked in front of her car, hopped out of his SUV, and walked back to meet her.
“Mr. Imofegbe you don’t have to…” she was saying and stopped when she noticed the screwed up look on his face. “Oops! Sorry, I guess I screwed up your name?”
“Just call me Efe,” he said as he crouched beside the affected tire. He looked up at her before saying, “I guess a nail did the damage. Hope you have a jack and wheel spanner in the boot.”
She was biting her nails as she responded with, “The extra tire is actually punctured too.”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by YINKS89(m): 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2018
Can efe stand d test of tym with Taiwo
... M waiting.

1 Like

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by emilykang(f): 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2018
Interesting story smiley Enjoy interesting stories, poetry, follow series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by DemiKOL(f): 8:37pm On Feb 01, 2018
kayo80:

Thanks. I'm back. smiley
yipee! smiley thanks for the update
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by seun0225(m): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2018
Welcome back

1 Like

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by collinometricx: 4:58am On Feb 02, 2018
Kayo80 u bad ni... U nor fit mention me

1 Like

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2018
Chapter 8

How did we get here; he thought to himself as he sat watching TV on his long living room couch with Taiwo. It was a Saturday, and she was dressed casually in white t shirt and blue jeans. Even though she was on the other end of the couch, it felt like she was right beside him the way his body reacted. All he could think about was sex. He even had an erection a few minutes ago when she had reached out to collect the remote control from him and her hand had rested on his lap for a few seconds. If not for the jeans he had on, he was sure it would have been an awkward moment.

Twenty seven days and counting; he had just three days to go and hoped something dramatic won’t happen today to jeopardize the whole task.

After he helped her change the tire a couple of days ago, they had decided to grab something to eat together and discuss business further. And since that day, they had stayed in touch a lot, blurring the line between business and pleasure after a point. And today, she had decided to come get some crates from his home egg depot, and out of courtesy, he had invited her in after the eggs were loaded in her car, thinking she would decline, but she accepted.

He was so glad when power went out. “Oops! And I don’t have any fuel left in the generator,” he said and sat up.
“Who has fuel these days anyway?” she said and got up. He walked behind her as she headed towards the door. She turned around all of a sudden and bumped into him. “Oops! Sorry. I think I forgot my car keys,” she said and then looked at him for a few seconds before putting her palm on his chest. “Oh my God!” She exclaimed and led him by the hand back into the living room.“Your heart is beating too fast.”
“It’s okay. I am alright.” He said and started taking deep breath as he felt himself going into full panic mode.
“What’s wrong Efe? What should I do?” She said, looking worried.
He didn’t say anything for a while, but just kept taking deep breaths and trying to steady his shaky hands. After a few seconds, he smiled up at her, and said, “I’m okay now.”
“No you’re not.”
“Yes, I was just scared…”
“Scared? Scared of what?”
“It is hard to explain.”
She looked at him for a few seconds with confusion on her face and then said, “Efe, are you scared of me?”
“No. Not that. I’m scared of what…of what…” he was saying then let his voice trail off, with his eyes on her.
“It’s okay Efe. I feel the same way, but it’s okay.” She said and looked into his eyes for a few seconds, before leaning in and kissing him passionately on the lips; he reciprocated for a few seconds, then pulled back sharply.
“I’m sorry. I’m very sorry. I like you very much, but I can’t.” He said as he got off the couch, scratching his head. Without saying another word, she picked her car keys from the floor, smoothened out her top, and got off the couch. “I’m sorry. It’s just that I…”
“I’ll call you about making payments for the eggs.” She said, cutting him off.

She got up, and headed towards the door. They walked silently out the house, and when she got to her car, she sighed before opening the door and getting in. Efe signaled for the gateman to open the gate, and told Taiwo he would call her. She nodded and looked at him one last time before turning around and backing the car out of his driveway.

He waited for her to drive out, and then headed back inside the house. He dumped his body in the couch, and buried his face in his hands. Just then, his phone started vibrating in his pocket. He pulled it out, and saw it was his farm manager calling. When he picked up, all he heard was heavy breathing on the other end of the line. “Mr. Akintola, are you there?”
“Sir, I have called the vet, but the chickens…the chickens are dying.”
“What?”
“Yes, they just started dropping dead a few minutes ago.”

3 Likes

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 6:28pm On Feb 02, 2018
collinometricx:
Kayo80 u bad ni...
U nor fit mention me

Sorry. smiley

I just dropped a new update.
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2018
seun0225:
Welcome back

Thanks.
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2018
YINKS89:
Can efe stand d test of tym with Taiwo
... M waiting.

smiley
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2018
DemiKOL:

yipee! smiley
thanks for the update

You are welcome.
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by YINKS89(m): 6:39pm On Feb 02, 2018
kayo80:

smiley
u see wah m saying? Look @ wat Taiwo has caused nw.

1 Like

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by collinometricx: 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2018
kayo80 :

Sorry. smiley
I just dropped a new update.
ok

1 Like

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 02, 2018
how hard is it to abstain for 30days. btw nice story.
Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by DemiKOL(f): 7:55pm On Feb 02, 2018
Gbese!

1 Like

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by cutediva87(f): 9:24pm On Feb 02, 2018
jesu

1 Like

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 11:41am On Feb 03, 2018
Chapter 9

Most bars in his neighborhood play loud music at night, and that was something he had grown to hate over the years. The only place he could go to that didn’t play loud Nigerian afro pop music out their speakers was a lounge on the other side of town that sold a bottle of beer for a thousand five hundred Naira. Even though that was five times the price he normally paid for beer, he drove down there anyway. At this point, he needed someplace relaxing. Even though his doctor had told him he couldn’t die from a panic attack, he feared the next one he had might actually kill him.

Efe was at a table all by himself, at the outside bar of the Deer Lounge, thinking of all that had happened that day. After rushing down to his poultry farm, and meeting his staff burying about 74 birds, he was a wreck. His vet doctor said it was definitely exotic Newcastle disease, which usually doesn’t show much warning signs in affected birds till they start dropping dead one by one. He was glad it was the 100 birds he kept in deep litter housing that were affected, and not the 2,900 in battery cages in the main pen.

They worked all day; all hands on deck giving the birds antibiotics, and properly disinfecting the whole farm house. He left the farm around 5pm, and drove down to the church to see the man who he felt might have some answers to his latest predicament.

After describing everything to the man, he reassured Efe that it was a coincidence, and that he was still on track. Efe found that had to believe with what had just happened, but the man had a smile on his face all the while, like he knew something Efe didn’t. He had left the place a bit elated.

He lost almost hundreds birds in one day, and although that was a bad thing, he had heard about poultry farmers losing two thousands birds in a space of 48 hours, so he was glad it didn’t get that worse in his case. Now, he just had to wait 3 more days to complete the thirty day task and see what life had in store for him. Although it had seemed like it would be easy when he first heard the old man say it, the task had turned out really harder than he thought. It was like that story in the Bible about Lot’s wife turning to a pillar of salt after looking back when asked not to do so. When you are asked not to do something, the temptation to do that thing grows.

His mind went to Taiwo, and he couldn’t imagine what would be running through her mind right now. Females don’t take rejection likely, and he hated that he had to put her through that weird ordeal at his home earlier in the day. “Hello, is this seat taken?” a female voice said. He looked up at her, and his heart immediately started racing.

3 Likes

Re: 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by seun0225(m): 11:51am On Feb 03, 2018
Taiwo on the beat

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Story] My First And Last Sex With My Sugar Mummy – Episode 1 / Cold / "I Love Macmillian Books"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.