Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

How Long Will This Continue?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Long Will This Continue?? (306 Views)

South West Is A Ticking Bomb Waiting To Explode - For How Long Will You Hide It? / For How Long Shall This Continue / For How Long Can Nigeria Wait For A President Who Is Incapacitated?- Ayo Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Long Will This Continue?? by laivwire(m): 2:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
Just a couple days back, I witnessed horrific accident scene where a trailer failed brakes and crushed a motorcyclist to death along with his passenger. Just last month, not too far from the same spot, I witnessed a similar scenario play out right in front of me, a trailer failed brakes and ran into other road users and motorists taking lives in its wake.

Its all over the dailies, the frequent accidents and preventable loss of lives shows that although our road traffic enforcements agencies are working, there is a lot left to be done. At a trailer park near my mechanic's workshop, they told me of all the long articulated vehicles who had weak or absolutely no brakes on their wheels. They were virtually moving disasters waiting to happen. VIO, FRSC, Police checkpoints are only around for their stomachs.

How many people need to die before the needful is done??

I suggest a bill should be passed that either restricts trailer and long vehicle movement to night time when people traffic is lower or total ban of trailers from entering deep into town in urban areas. They can load and unload into warehouses at the outskirts of town and get their luggage ferried by canters or other vehicles within the city where they are needed.

I'm just pained at seeing innocent people die from preventable causes. We should wake to our responsibilities of adequate policy formulation and adherence and not just about the #20 or #30 we will eat on top of our dubious transactions.

Remember, it could be you or someone close tomorrow.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

For The Love Of Nigeria By Atiku Abubakar / Jettison 2019 Polls, Restructure Nigeria, Bakare Tells Buhari / BENUE Masacre:all Sponsors Shall Die A Miserable Death,human Right Activist Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.