Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) (47257 Views)

Kenyan Man Commits Suicide After Lover Cheated On Him (photos) / Kenyan Man Burns His House, Digs His Own Grave And Commits Suicide (Photo) / Kenyan Man With Biggest Manhood Undergoes Surgery (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by Groovenaija360(m): 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
Man loses both legs in hippo attack in Kenya.

There is rising cases of human-wildlife conflicts in Naivasha, where wild animals have been straying out of their natural habitats in search of pasture and water.

Doctors have amputated the legs of a man who was attacked by a hippo in Lake Naivasha at the weekend.

The doctors said cutting off both legs under the knees was the only way to save the life of the father of two.

The amputation came amid concerns over rising cases of human-wildlife conflicts in the town.

Naivasha is home to two major national parks and several animal sanctuaries. Wild animals have been straying out of their natural habitats in search of pasture and water, especially following the prolonged drought.

In the latest case, three men were attacked by a herd of hippos in Kasarani and Oserian. One died and the others were seriously injured.

Susan Kamau, a nurse at the Naivasha Sub-County Hospital, said the two were brought to the hospital in serious condition. She said the legs of one of the victims were completely crushed.

"It was impossible to treat them. The victim had to be rushed to theatre as his legs were literally hanging from the skin. They had to be amputated as we did not have any other option.”

She said the man would get artificial legs after recovery.

“The second victim had deep injuries in the thighs. He is in stable condition and will be discharged soon,” she added.

>>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/kenyan-man-loses-legs-attacked-hippopotamus-graphic-photo/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by LionDeLeo: 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
Although this is a sad incident, the thing just dey make me laugh grin grin

E dey do me like those horror movies and children cartoons. cheesy

As in, hippo chaw my legs and I no come get leg again, very funny. grin

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by Groovenaija360(m): 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
grin
CC;Lalasticlala, mynd44

it has happen grin

Kenya again..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by braine(m): 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2018
The revolt of the animal kingdom. We humans have done enough damage to the Earth making it hard for them to thrive. They have a right to go on some revolution spree.

14 Likes

Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by greatman247(m): 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2018
chai which kind thing is this na??
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by KushyKush: 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2018
LionDeLeo:

E dey do me like those horror movies. cheesy

What is funny about someone having no legs

Hope you are not a psychopath

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by OVA200(m): 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
I wish him quick recovery.

Sometimes I just wonder why we rush to book space when we have nothing to say and know no benefit is involve, The wahala I passed through before booking this space is even more than running 10KM.

To Seun's herbalist; Three gbosa for you.
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by Marshallino: 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hmm
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by ToluSuo(m): 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
shocked grin
This shit is all I had you were me only. Bleep!!!
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
I trust 9ja.
if na 4 my own 9ja,
the story 4 b say d hippo day cooking pot

5 Likes

Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by Edopesin: 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
That Zoo Sef
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by mauricerex: 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
When snakes and other endangered animals go start this movement for naija grin
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
Tnx God his peniis is safe.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by deebrain(m): 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
Forget this sh** about protecting these ugly sh**ty animals.

Kill them all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by LionDeLeo: 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
KushyKush:

What is funny about someone having no legs

Hope you are not a psychopath

No I'm not, rather, on the contrary, there are strong indications that you are
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by Lawalemi(m): 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
Enemies attack in diverse ways
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hippopotamus get teeth?
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by Nobodys(f): 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
cry
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by Jaytecq(m): 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
Animals too are angry
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by neolboy(m): 5:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
That is why we don't spare all these wild animals in naija

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by lanocfoods: 5:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
God I can't imagine the pain
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by coldsummer: 5:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
I was on that lake this year. Those hypos are massive
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by Wejustok2: 5:27pm On Jan 11, 2018
Groovenaija360:
Man loses both legs in hippo attack in Kenya.

There is rising cases of human-wildlife conflicts in Naivasha, where wild animals have been straying out of their natural habitats in search of pasture and water.

Doctors have amputated the legs of a man who was attacked by a hippo in Lake Naivasha at the weekend.

The doctors said cutting off both legs under the knees was the only way to save the life of the father of two.

The amputation came amid concerns over rising cases of human-wildlife conflicts in the town.

Naivasha is home to two major national parks and several animal sanctuaries. Wild animals have been straying out of their natural habitats in search of pasture and water, especially following the prolonged drought.

In the latest case, three men were attacked by a herd of hippos in Kasarani and Oserian. One died and the others were seriously injured.

Susan Kamau, a nurse at the Naivasha Sub-County Hospital, said the two were brought to the hospital in serious condition. She said the legs of one of the victims were completely crushed.

"It was impossible to treat them. The victim had to be rushed to theatre as his legs were literally hanging from the skin. They had to be amputated as we did not have any other option.”

She said the man would get artificial legs after recovery.

“The second victim had deep injuries in the thighs. He is in stable condition and will be discharged soon,” she added.

>>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/kenyan-man-loses-legs-attacked-hippopotamus-graphic-photo/

CC;Lalasticlala, mynd44

chai it really bad
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hippopotamus kills humans more than lions.

6 Likes

Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by jaymejate: 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
Thank God say no be hippopotamus these Fulanis de rear... They for Don use am collapse the country
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by adecz: 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
undecided

Never mess with a hippo..

5 Likes

Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by room089: 5:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
O ga!
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by deco22(m): 5:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
LionDeLeo:

E dey do me like those horror movies and children cartoons. cheesy

You really think the guy finds it funny that this happened to him

Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by MrBONE2(m): 5:36pm On Jan 11, 2018
mauricerex:
When snakes and other endangered animals go start this movement for naija grin
Thank Great One because I yaf stop hunting wild animals because of the bad dream I had last weekgrin

Which BoneBeings will not like to complete their Lifecycle. .. grin
Re: Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) by Haykinsofficial: 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
Eleyi tun strong gan. o!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

James & John Ugwuoke: Conjoined Twins After Surgery Involving 22 Indian Doctors / Kenyan Woman Kills Her Husband Before Committing Suicide (Graphic Photos) / 16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.