Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,474 members, 7,781,383 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:31 PM

15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists (22817 Views)

Russia Death Merchant Viktor Bout Tells Trump To Flee To Russia For Safety (Pix) / Cameroonian Man Joins The Ukraine Army (Photos) / Violence Ahead Of Cameroon’s Presidential Election, As 25,000 Flee To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Daejoyoung: 8:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
israelmao:
I hope they were not part of the militia that carried out attacks in both Taraba and Benue.This same Cameroon shielded Boko Haram when GEJ was in power.Goose has come home to roast.
l know Chad shielded BokoHaram, dunno about Cameroon.
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by israelmao(m): 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
Daejoyoung:
l know Chad shielded BokoHaram, dunno about Cameroon.
Cameroon did same.
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Nonye1: 8:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
eehnnnn you say Wetin, when we are looking for where to run to
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Nonye1: 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2018
denkyw:
Another 6,700 Cameroonian refugees have crossed into Benue state ..... Hehehehe, from frying pan to fire grin
let's just hope Fulani herdsmen aren't waiting to do a welcome party
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Abagworo(m): 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
Secession is not solution to any country's problems but has been proven to worsen things especially in Africa. Look at Somalia, Eritrea and Somaliland. Even Western Sahara and Southern Sudan have not found peace. Interestingly Rwandan Hutus and Tutsis that witnessed the worst ethnic cleansing have united and are doing better now.

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by shinarlaura(f): 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2018
Funkybabee:

.biko when did u heard Nigerian is fleeing to cameroon

Of course they did
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by ivolt: 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2018
lilfreezy:
na God go punish France. See the nonsense the French and the British are causing in Africa. People from thesame country having problems because half if French influenced while the other are English influenced. For fvck sake when are Africans going to have sense and embrace themselves, you guys are just being dividend because France and Britain are playing who is a more dominant force. Smh
Be reasonable, are Nigerian separatists also speaking french?
The real problem is the uneducated people being fooled by bigot into thinking that the
"other" people are the cause of their problem.
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Funkybabee(f): 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
shinarlaura:

Of course they did

Link or evidence cuz I haven't hear that,though Italy na everyone here ham
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Dsov2016: 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2018
lilfreezy:
na God go punish France. See the nonsense the French and the British are causing in Africa. People from thesame country having problems because half if French influenced while the other are English influenced. For fvck sake when are Africans going to have sense and embrace themselves, you guys are just being dividend because France and Britain are playing who is a more dominant force. Smh

thumbs up for such an accurate summation
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by BiafraIShere(m): 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2018
denkyw:
Another 6,700 Cameroonian refugees have crossed into Benue state ..... Hehehehe, from frying pan to fire grin
I really felt pity for them the moment I read that part, running away from a government crackdown into the killing fields of Benue state is a classic case of from frying pan to fire! However, these people really have no choice, Nigeria is the only neighbouring country they can easily run to since the rest of the French speaking parts of Cameroon has cut them off. Life is really short, nasty and brutish in these parts of Africa.
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Etuagievin(m): 9:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
This is caused by sectional colonization
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Adaezechalene(f): 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
Let me book my space. Will be back for my make up artistry.
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by snipernigga(m): 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
Wrong direction, Jubril no dey take eye see secessionists. If in doubt ask Nnamdi grin
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by BlackDuke(m): 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
Oh ye Camerounians! you run away from a bad man, come jam evil spirit.
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by 9too1: 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
1shortblackboy:
na wa o my African brothers can't just find peace and rest of mind. the other time it was Nigerians fleeing boko haram into cameroon now Cameroonians fleeing into Nigeria. not as if Nigeria itself is even that safe. we still have boko haram and the infamous president's kinsmen on the rampage
my friend from Cameroon called me yesterday that she's in Nigeria with her family members. I will visit them on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Edonojie007(m): 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
shinarlaura:

Lol... u re funny.. don't worry cuz i am very safe but i feel for my English brothers and sisters in the other part of the coumtry.
Like Seriously...English Brothers; Are They From U.S?
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
This when will APC conduct its convention?
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by iSlayer: 10:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
DieBuhari:
So do you suggest Nigeria makes it's own version more ruthless?
The way you mortals reason sef

She's very stupidd..
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Axis313(m): 11:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
lilfreezy:
That English speaking side of Cameroon, that's now seeking independence, was part of Nigeria before they opted out of Nigeria to joined Cameroon sometime after independence through referendum. Their argument then was Nigeria wasn't treating them well,I think they know better now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by amodu(m): 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
israelmao:
I hope they were not part of the militia that carried out attacks in both Taraba and Benue.This same Cameroon shielded Boko Haram when GEJ was in power.Goose has come home to roast.

God Bless limitlessly for this commendable observation.

First thing that came to my mind was this when I saw the states in which they trooped in to. They are states recently confronted with maiming and killings.
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by gtown: 11:39pm On Jan 11, 2018
Snow02:
why though ?? of all the countries u now choose Nigeria welcome oh when some of us are trying to escape this hell hole ah guess the grass ain't greener at the other side after all
That's tells that you should have a reconsideration on the way you hold retrospect views about nigeria, your country. Nigeria may not be there yet, but that greener grass afar you are viewing is poison.
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by gtown: 11:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
alexaletor:
Goodluck Jonathan for 2019!!!
Not everyone is cursed!

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by lebete3000: 12:30am On Jan 12, 2018
lilfreezy:

Na dem be one of the 2bastards wey forcefully join people that weren't interested in being 2geda.

Isn't a similar thing happeni in Nigeria?

But wait sef, why do Islamic people love to force peeps to be with them sef?
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by gregyboy(m): 12:43am On Jan 12, 2018
wrong counry to run to even to the wrongest state they are doom fulani go kill dem
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Nowenuse: 1:26am On Jan 12, 2018
lilfreezy:

Seriously, it's just very sad. Are we Africans ever going to unite and progress as a people in our lifetime?
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by IdeyFindWife: 2:15am On Jan 12, 2018
TheAngry1:
Welcome! You will be fine here. We have 99 problems, but visitor(s) ain't one.

Unlike so South Africa with their biased, Ru open, xenophobic police men and Justice system.
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by davidif: 2:18am On Jan 12, 2018
ruffDiamond:
which kain wahala be did

England and France be paddy na??

It's called being your brothers keeper.
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by davidif: 2:20am On Jan 12, 2018
Abagworo:
Secession is not solution to any country's problems but has been proven to worsen things especially in Africa. Look at Somalia, Eritrea and Somaliland. Even Western Sahara and Southern Sudan have not found peace. Interestingly Rwandan Hutus and Tutsis that witnessed the worst ethnic cleansing have united and are doing better now.

You dey mind African coyntries?
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by davidif: 2:23am On Jan 12, 2018
dhabrite:
Let them go.

Plus let Biafra go.

Please tell me, where has secession ever worked?
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Aldebaran(m): 2:23am On Jan 12, 2018
Exodus
Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by Aurelius1(m): 4:02am On Jan 12, 2018
Axis313:

That English speaking side of Cameroon, that's now seeking independence, was part of Nigeria before they opted out of Nigeria to joined Cameroon sometime after independence through referendum. Their argument then was Nigeria wasn't treating them well,I think they know better now.
I wanted to say this but you beat me to it. They are now trying to secede from the same Cameroon they ran to. But they should have known better that they would be segregated due to language differences.

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Cameroonian Refugees Flee To Nigeria Amid Crackdown On Secessionists by BetaThings: 4:09am On Jan 12, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Wrong country to run to...

If you have any brother or sister over there, give that advice to him/her
Tell them to remain and confront Biya's death squad
The Libyan deportees held this opinion about Nigeria a few months back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shooting At YouTube Headquarters In California / Coup D'etat Or Mutiny In Burkina Faso: Heavy Gunfire At Several Military Camps / Propaganda Filters The Truth About Ukraine On Russian Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.