Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Is Jumia Now A Scam?? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Jumia Now A Scam?? (1237 Views)

When Is Jumia Black Friday 2023 / Is Jumia Using Jazz? / Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jumia Now A Scam?? by chikk(f): 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
I Didn't know what best section to create this thread, frankly, I was tempted to go to the crime section.

So I ordered an item from jumia, a 10pcs makeup brush (left of picture) and jumia delivered this fish-shaped single brush to me(right)

Order was placed about a month ago and they said its shipping from overseas thus it'll take time to be delivered and I had to pay before delivery. They extended the delivery time twice via text end I didn't bother, after all, it's "jumia" right?
Delivery man brought the item, I felt it and said it doesn't feel like what I ordered, he tore it open to confirm. He then said he can't take it back, that I should call them to do a proper return ish.

People, I have been calling jumia since morning o. Burning my airtime listening to their yeye song. I've mailed them through different mail addresses but no response.

I can't fill their return form on their site because it's not available on the very item I ordered. Meaning, there's no return policy on it.

Please can someone tell me what to do? Or help me tell jumia to return my money if they don't have the product I paid for.

Mods, Biko, do justice. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Is Jumia Now A Scam?? by BlackDBagba: 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
One chance grin
Re: Is Jumia Now A Scam?? by HeyCorleone(m): 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
You have fallen into deep sh;t from a very great height.

I don't understand why people still patronise Jumia. They have proven their incompetence overtime.

There are so many physical stores you could have gotten the thang you wanted.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jumia Now A Scam?? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
chikk:
I Didn't know what best section to create this thread, frankly, I was tempted to go to the crime section.

So I ordered an item from jumia, a 10pcs makeup brush (left of picture) and jumia delivered this fish-shaped single brush to me(right)

Order was placed about a month ago and they said its shipping from overseas thus it'll take time to be delivered and I had to pay before delivery. They extended the delivery time twice via text end I didn't bother, after all, it's "jumia" right?
Delivery man brought the item, I felt it and said it doesn't feel like what I ordered, he tore it open to confirm. He then said he can't take it back, that I should call them to do a proper return ish.

People, I have been calling jumia since morning o. Burning my airtime listening to their yeye song. I've mailed them through different mail addresses but no response.

I can't fill their return form on their site because it's not available on the very item I ordered. Meaning, there's no return policy on it.

Please can someone tell me what to do? Or help me tell jumia to return my money if they don't have the product I paid for.

Mods, Biko, do justice. Thank you

Jumia is now dropshipping, you pay for an item, they go to AliExpress and buy it and make you wait till AliExpress ships it to them and they bring it to you and pocket the profit. Sadly they ordered the wrong item, please learn to import stuff yourself, use AliExpress, it's easy and items there are very cheap.
Re: Is Jumia Now A Scam?? by Florblu(f): 10:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
If you must buy from jumia, always insist on pay on delivery
Re: Is Jumia Now A Scam?? by beastofwestros(m): 10:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
grossintel:
Jumia is now dropshipping, you pay for an item, they go to AliExpress and buy it and make you wait till AliExpress ships it to them and they bring it to you and pocket the profit. Sadly they ordered the wrong item, please learn to import stuff yourself, use AliExpress, it's easy and items there are very cheap.

do you use aliexpress? pls message me on WhatsApp 08130184092
Re: Is Jumia Now A Scam?? by chikk(f): 10:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
Ha... Na wa o.

So no solution? They should just give me back my money nah. And they're still advertising that same item
Re: Is Jumia Now A Scam?? by iSpread(m): 10:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
baby girl just go to the nearest pick up station and make trouble
Re: Is Jumia Now A Scam?? by Beedude(m): 10:32pm On Jan 11, 2018
chikk:
Ha... Na wa o.

So no solution? They should just give me back my money nah. And they're still advertising that same item
Same Thing Happened To Me. Ordered A Couple's Wristwatch And Other Stuffs To Mark My Wedding Annivesary And My Wife Birthday. Since November Last Year. Up Till Now I Got Nothing. Av Called And Called To No Avail. I Think This Is The Last Deal We Av Togeda
Re: Is Jumia Now A Scam?? by Beedude(m): 10:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
Florblu:
If you must buy from jumia, always insist on pay on delivery
Thats Wat I Do Mostly. But The Particular Items I Purchased Wasn't Available On Pay On Delivery. I Should Av Sense Danger
Re: Is Jumia Now A Scam?? by kelvainoij: 11:15pm On Jan 11, 2018
GOOD INVESTMENT IS THE KEY TO FINANCIAL GROWTH.
Bitclub is a good investment option to start with this year� follow the link to get started��
https:///send?phone=2348142352634&text=am%20interested%20in%20your%20Bitclub%20Advantage%20Business%20Opportunity%20please%20Tell%20me%20more

WhatsApp 08142352634 for info..

(1) (Reply)

Total Life Changes (TLC) / Immediate Call To Sack All Corrupt Nipost Staffs At Sagamu Ogun State / Very Clean 27kva Perkins Soundproof Generator For Sale N1.2million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.