Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

So who do you think can stop IBB? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So who do you think can stop IBB? (729 Views)

No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen / How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan / The Lies Can Stop Now! "Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government" - Shagari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So who do you think can stop IBB? by infohenry(m): 2:07am On Apr 11, 2010
Former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, yesterday in Benin, Edo State, confirmed that he would contest the 2011 presidential election. The confirmation has put paid to the intense speculation in recent weeks that he would throw his hat into the presidential contest in next year’s election.

Babangida spoke briefly with newsmen at the Benin Airport on his way to Asaba, the Delta State capital, for the commissioning of a dual carriageway named after his late wife, Miriam, and a lecture in her honour.

Said Babangida: “I am going to Delta State because of the special love I have for it and courtesy of the Delta State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan.” Ask to comment on the speculation on his presidential ambition in 2011, he simply said: “The speculation is correct.”
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/apr/11/newsbreak-11-04-2010-001.htm

Finally is comfirmed, IBB is running for the PRESIDENT of nigeria come 2011. F or those who don't want him. WHO do you think can stop him and HOW
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by jamace(m): 4:29am On Apr 11, 2010
In a free and fair election, IBB will be defeated hands down.

But why must Nigeria continue to recycle old bones like IBB and his ilks in a country of over 140 MILLION PEOPLE?
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by loabb(m): 8:13am On Apr 11, 2010
God Almighty!!!
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by Sunofgod(m): 9:23am On Apr 11, 2010
Dele Giwa -  grin
Gloria Okon - grin

Check out the link below,

http://againstbabangida.com/
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by ElRazur: 9:52am On Apr 11, 2010
I wonder if Babangida still open his own mail? If so, I think sending him a mail packed with Anthrax and Cyanide dust may be a good idea.

I can get these things in the UK, but then are monitored and as such may trigger an alarm. I swear, someone should look into this. I am sure it is the only cost effective way of taking him out.

smiley

Yes I hate him THAT much. smiley
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by jaybee3(m): 9:54am On Apr 11, 2010
Hahahahah El shocked shocked shocked
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by ElRazur: 9:59am On Apr 11, 2010
Oga, I was in Naija during his tenure, I am not sure I want him back there again. What does he really want? He's got the money, power, connection, lifestyle, etc. WTF does he want from us again?

Let's not forget he "allegedly" got away with murder.
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by invisible2(m): 10:03am On Apr 11, 2010
Nigerians are cowards, how else can we sit idly and allow a thief who escaped with his free loot for 8 years to think of coming back to steal from the same vaults again? It baffles me that we keep celebrating criminals and still hope that somehow, this nation can move foward.

Ibb has a gift, he can dribble everyone so neatly that you will never suspect his intentions for as long as he wishes to keep us busy dancing to his music, while he robs us blind. The problem is that many people enjoyed his creativity in looting, they are asking for a repeat performance. Pity.
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by jaybee3(m): 10:07am On Apr 11, 2010
ElRazur:

Oga, I was in Naija during his tenure, I am not sure I want him back there again. What does he really want? He's got the money, power, connection, lifestyle, etc. WTF does he want from us again?
Power Power Power, the sort of that money can't easily buy.
I'm sure no one in his/her right mind would want otherwise but Nigerians simply don't stand and be counted. The country is just full of short sightedness people. All the dude needs is distribute brown envelopes and Gbam he becomes the next presido.
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by sheriffman(m): 10:09am On Apr 11, 2010
God can, and he will surely stop him for the masses of this country
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by ElRazur: 10:11am On Apr 11, 2010
@Invisible
His nick name was Maradonna. Remember?

jay bee:

Power Power Power, the sort of that money can't easily buy.
I'm sure no one in his/her right mind would want otherwise but Nigerians simply don't stand and be counted. The country is just full of short sightedness people. All the dude needs is distribute brown envelopes and Gbam he becomes the next presido.

You are right man. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  He had all the powers during the Military rule, how he will now adapt to Democracy - a form of power sharing - is just beyond me.

I just hope my people will wake up from this deep slumber and keep him away from the elections.
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by invisible2(m): 10:11am On Apr 11, 2010
^^^God only helps those that helps themselves.
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by ElRazur: 10:12am On Apr 11, 2010
sheriffman:

God can, and he will surely stop him for the masses of this country

God left Nigeria long time, shortly after independent I think. But that is another story.
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by sheriffman(m): 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2010
OK now that he has come out of his shell,if it's for real let's see what all those spineless so-call big men in PDP will do.I am praying that his coming out now will throw the party into confusion against themselves for the good of the country.
Re: So who do you think can stop IBB? by jamace(m): 12:42am On Apr 12, 2010
IBB has refused to learn. Election in Nigeria is no longer cash and carry o. Let him go and ask SOLUDO and ANDY UBA in Anambra guber elections.

(1) (Reply)

Was Mr President Poisoned? / Are The Hausas Are Angry That Jonathan Is Now President? / Kaduna State Governor Arc. Namadi Sambo Is Confirmed Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.