Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,476 members, 7,781,389 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:39 PM

Jesus Is The Light Of The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is The Light Of The World (1289 Views)

Christianity Has Lost The Light / Jesus Is The Only Way: My Personal Experiences / No, The Muslim Jesus Is Not Even Close To The Jesus Of The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is The Light Of The World by FaithfulServant(m): 3:35pm On Jan 12, 2018
“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life” (John 8:12).

Jesus is the light of the world. It is dangerous to move around this world without light because anyone who does so is exposed to dangerous things like snake bites and other harmful things. So also a man without Christ is exposed to the dangers of the world. He is a puppet of the devil easily controlled by him.

Are you yet to give your life to Christ? If the answer is yes, know within your heart that you are walking in darkness and you know how dangerous that is. You have the chance to turn from darkness and embrace the light—Jesus. There is no amount of sin which you might have committed that Jesus cannot forgive because He is faithful and just to forgive your past sins (1 John 1:9).

Just the same way the sun light sustain life on earth, so also Jesus who is the light of the world sustain the world with life (John 1:4). Jesus is not only the light of the world, but the only one through whom one can obtain real life. Just the same way the sun gives energy, so also those who have Jesus and live in His light are never weary or slothful but fervent serving the Lord (Romans 12:11).

Turn to Jesus my dear friends because without the light of the Christ in your life, you cannot live a fulfilled life here on earth nor spend eternity with God in heaven. Jesus is with open hands willing to embrace and receive you back (Matthew 11:28).

Jesus also refer His followers as the light of the world, “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid” (Matthew 5:14). That means the followers of Christ are to reflect the light of Christ to others when He had gone. They are to be like Christ in holiness and righteousness, so that many will turn from their sinful ways and seek the Lord. Leave darkness today and embrace the light of Christ (Matthew 3:2).

Prayer

Dear Lord Jesus, your word has said that you are the light of the world. I want your light in my life Oh God, and I pray that your light shine forth in my life and in the life of my family. Any darkness in my life, I pray your light overshadow it and may your light be permanently indwelt in me that no darkness will comprehend in Jesus name. Amen.

https://www.gospelandtruth.com/2018/01/jesus-is-light-of-world.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

COVID19 - Don't Give Them A KOBO / Hank Aaron Dies Weeks After Taking Covid19 Vaccine / STEALING ONES GLORY THROUGH SHAKING OF HANDS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.