Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,424 members, 7,800,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State (26398 Views)

Ruga: List Of 11 States FG Approved For Herdsmen Settlement / Simon Lalong Rejects Cattle Colonies, Dumps Buhari / Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by osusuallstars: 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2018
That's my governor. Straight and direct. I pity Kogi people minus that eye sore called bellow
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by InfiniteLoopx: 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2018
PhockPhockMan:

Your hatred for the governor has nothing to do with this excellent position on this vexed herdsmen issue.
Yeah, the Federal government said they're proposing to build the colony throughout the country, no state was exempted.
My fear is the position of the Almajiri in Imo State.

May God Save Imo State.
...and the one that is currently towing his part, Dave Umahi. May God deliver Ebonyi. I fear for Ebonyi more than any South Eastern state. embarassed
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by Gpdwise(m): 5:35pm On Jan 12, 2018
There is nothing wrong for fulani herds men to acquire lands for grazing of there cattle. I buy the meat I eat it isn't free !! It's high time Nigeria starts learning how to package life stock product. Must fulani herds men transport live cattle from one state to another. If it's the sourcing of the cattle feed can't an arrangement be negotiated where youths in the south will be gainfully employed because they venture into cultivation of grass. Let's say the Federal government wants to allocate land!! Would the land be every state or on regional geographic location. Would transportation be offered to them when they want to move from one point to another because if transportation won't be given to them of what use is this reserve that states are rejecting. I would advice abia state should not be in a hurry to reject this grazing reserve. If FG is serious about grazing reserve then the government needs to partner with both state and private enterprise because if this reserve are operational with adequate fencing and indigenous security then I see a better Nigeria. I just want to make common sense
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by Baroba(m): 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2018
The rule is simple, if you want land or property for business, you PAY for it, that's how it's done everywhere else.. The proposal in itself is absolutely ludicrous.. angry
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by LZAA: 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2018
NonsoWow:
Did FG mention Abia as one of the states where they want to build cattle colony? Gov Ikpeazu is a failed governor. He wants to use this to distract from his failed government. His incompetence is no longer tolerable and in 2019, we will kick him back to the dustbin where TA Orji picked him from.
yes ikpeazu may have been below average but on this he is spot on
these herdsmen are evrywhere
hpe u knw benue is just an hour from enugu
do d math
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by InfiniteLoopx: 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2018
Gpdwise:
There is not wrong for fulani herds men to acquire lands for grazing of there cattle. I buy the meat I eat!! It's high time Nigeria starts learning how to package life stock product. Must fulani herds men transport live cattle from one state to another. If it's the sourcing of the cattle feed can't an arrangement be negotiated where youths in the south will be gainfully employed because they venture into cultivation of grass. Let's say the Federal government wants to allocate land!! Would the land be every state or on geographic location. Would transportation be offered to them when they want to move from one point to another because if transportation won't be given to them of what use is this reserve that states are rejecting. I would advice abia state should not be in a hurry to reject this grazing reserve. If FG is serious about grazing reserve then the government needs to partner with both state and private enterprise because if this reserve are operational with adequate fencing and indigenous security then I see a better Nigeria. I just want to make common sense
You just made a stupid sense. The Fulanis have already destroyed any goodwill they have by their incessent killings and blood bath. Nimbo is still fresh in our memory. Please, when they come, you can offer them your papa land, in your state, but no Eastern State is keying into this madness.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by lanocfoods: 5:48pm On Jan 12, 2018
While I applaud this move, up also urges the government to fortify rural villages and raise security consciousness to avoid what happened in Benue to repeat. These Fulani's are on a mission of ethnic cleansing
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by SouthEastFacts: 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2018
NonsoWow:
Did FG mention Abia as one of the states where they want to build cattle colony? Gov Ikpeazu is a failed governor. He wants to use this to distract from his failed government. His incompetence is no longer tolerable and in 2019, we will kick him back to the dustbin where TA Orji picked him from.
One Terrorist sighted.
Like my Governor said, "South East not just Abia will Never cede any part of her territory to any Terrorist"

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by lanocfoods: 5:51pm On Jan 12, 2018
Baroba:
The rule is simple, if you want land or property for business, you PAY for it, that's how it's done everywhere else.. The proposal in itself is absolutely ludicrous.. angry
Even with their money don't let them settle at all. There is his proverb that says, to give monkey water no be problem na to collect your cup

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by Splashme: 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2018
AfonjaSlayer:
This is what I call "Clear statement" no beating around the bush, no sugar-coating words...

Straight to the point and tell them the truth.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by dsocioemmy(m): 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2018
Way to go! simple as that
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by agbonkamen(f): 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2018
correct. all these useless people matter don tire me.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by profudus(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2018
With the way FG is going about securing land in each state of the federation for Fulani herdsmen, one begins to wonder whether cattle rearing is a NATIONAL BUSINESS that brings money into federation account. Help me tell PMB that everybody needs land for one business or the other. Down south here, we have a limited land mass for agriculture, but we have not cry to the north that have vast land to give us land for our agriculture. #PMBSTOPTHATNONSENSE

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by ensamy(m): 6:10pm On Jan 12, 2018
This Presido want to islamize Nigeria by every means using fulani agenda
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by Daewang: 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2018
That's good my Enugu State should learn from this. Enugu is too gentle in the name of civility and that's rubbish because our Igbo ancestors were great warriors. What has come over the Igbo race?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by 35824L: 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2018
NonsoWow:
Don't worry, soon the demonic reign of PDP in Abia state will come to an end. Ikpeazu is a crook living on borrowed time.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by Penalty82(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2018
NonsoWow:
Who are to speak for Abians?
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by Dreadful: 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2018
BrokenTV:
Is time all South East and South South Governors, support this, come together and reject this proposal from Federal Government. Let them concentrate their Cattle colonies in the north. I pity states that will accept this, because before you know what is going on. They will start dragging your land with you.
Exactly bro. That's the plan to spread Fulani across the country.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by Justiceleague1: 6:23pm On Jan 12, 2018
There are lots of land in Ibadan,Oshogbo,Ogbomosho,ijebu ode,Ota...they should establish malu colonies there...the slaves will surely accommodate their masters and their cows

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by Reference(m): 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2018
The word 'colony' sef is a scalpel that opens wounds of generations past especially the slave trade into British rule. Words like that fall into the category of jihad', inquisition', 'crusade', words that send shivers down one's spine.

You see, this is why I am an advocate for restructuring. If Nigeria is properly structured, the identity of any Nigerian will be exactly that, a Nigerian, but we prefer to be identifued first by tribe, then religion, then politics, then class before nationality. Why for instance will the herdsmen wish to be identified as 'fulani herdsmen, mixing their occupation with a tribal identity. This is the undoing of Nigeria. I am certain if they were not 'Miyetti Allah' but 'Usman Dan Fodio and Sons - Cattle Breeders' they will receive a bit of sympathy. Afterall is Dangote not buying up vast resources down south without a problem. It means this can work if we restructure and drop this evil, toxic geo-political identity. The Federal government has no business whatsoeverpandering to sectional interests. If the herdsmen want air they should delaminate and begin to seek solutions individually. Its is possible.

Just the same way that the only way to end the Niger-Delta crisis is for the Federal government to step down from direct involvement in the oil industry. Let the IOC's negotiate directly with the sovereign peoples of that territory and be partakers in the successes and failures of such ventires. The Federal government should not be seen to be taking sides and is not best placed to be an arbiter in enterprise of which cattle breeding is.

I don't know of any serious business in the present day and age that must be tied to ethnicity. Even if it must like the Scots desire to produce pure haggis in its traditional form, the Americans say they cannot permit sheeps' brains to be served for human consumption, period. If you want to have an ethnic identity, do it at home, not at anyones expense. The fulani herdmen must modernize and integrate for them to progress south.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by coernes: 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2018
Funny enough most of those herdsmen are Fulani men from chad and niger republic that are looking for opportunity to base in Nigeria. Now they've gotten what they want. Porous border in northern states have given many of them access to country. They are recruited by northern politicians to rear their cows and by boko haram as terrorist. They are poverty-stricken, ignorant and heartless. GIVE THEM A CHANCE, THEY'LL NOT ONLY FORM CATTLE COLONY, BUT COLONY OF TERRORIST
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by shine96: 6:57pm On Jan 12, 2018
NonsoWow:

Nonsowow or what you call yourself, just close that your dirty mouth. If you don't anything to say, go jump inside well. The governor is one of the best in the country
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by BrokenTV: 7:06pm On Jan 12, 2018
Dreadful:
Exactly bro. That's the plan to spread Fulani across the country.
They have seen that it is not easier for them the conventional way, so they are divicing new strategy to spread them against the southern states. The states that implement this might not see the results now, it is in the next 30 to 50 years and so they will understand what they did to themselves. I just they pity that fish brain in Kogi Government house, he have no clue of what he is trying to invite in Kogi.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by Sharoniah(f): 7:23pm On Jan 12, 2018
I love my governor... thumbs up Ikpeazu...we love you
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by Buikebanks(m): 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2018
Lovev this one nice decisive action an choice

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by Buikebanks(m): 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2018
Love this one nice decisive action an choice

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by poseidon12: 7:31pm On Jan 12, 2018
Good. All the Governors should reject such move by Buhari. Buhari wants to colonize Nigeria for his Fulani people through the back door.
Any Governor in the Southeast that agrees to the nonsense should be impeached immediately. Rochas take note.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by 41lady(m): 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2018
For those who don't study History in secondary school or heard about the origin of fulanis in Nigeria, please read this and share it with your children because the present government have cancelled history from school curriculum so that the recent and up coming generation will not know this spectacular history of our country Nigeria, pls.. read and digest it to know the implications of the present colony, happy reading;

This is why history must be taught in our schools. Those who neglect History are bound to repeat the mistakes of the past. Please read below and learn. BEWARNED!!!!!!!

The Gross influx of Fulani herdsmen presently and now calls for the sharing of this history.
By John. (All JUKUNS SHOULD READ THIS.)

The story is told of how King Yunfa, the Hausa Sarki in Gobir (now called Sokoto) hosted a Fulani immigrant called Usman Dan Fodiyo and his group in February 1804, as a result of this and since 1808 the whole of the northern region lost its kingdoms and were replaced by Fulani emirates.

King Yunfa is said to have been killed in 1808 and the Fulani warrior (Usman Dan Fodiyo) established Sokoto caliphate, making himself Sultan.

Gradually, other Hausa kingdoms were pillaged and taken over by the Fulani emirs. The ethnic groups in the core north were the first victims of Fulani imperialism, a venture that occurred because the people were given access to grazing land as a result of the hospitality of the hosts.

They however failed to overrun the Bornu and Jukun kingdoms , so the Shehu of Bornu and Aku Uka remains paramount till today!

The Afonja dynasty compromised by allowing a Fulani warrior known as Janta Alimi to settle in Ilorin, the Fulani guerrillas killed Afonja in 1824

And Ilorin, a Yoruba town under the Oyo empire, fell into Fulani hands, becoming an emirate under Sokoto caliphate till today! Even the attempts of the O'odua People's Congress (OPC) to revert to status quo ante and crown an Onilorin of Ilorin became an exercise in futility.

The Yoruba warriors got wise and defeated the Fulani jihadists in Osogbo in 1840, if this didn't happen there would most likely have been Fulani "emirs" as rulers in Oyo Alaafin, Ibadan, Owo, Osogbo, Ede, Ado, and Igede Ekiti today!

If the Bini Kingdom did not fight and repel the jihadists, they would have penetrated the Edo/Delta region beyond the present day Edo North Senatorial District which gave in and allowed the jihadists to overrun & islamize them.

Along with some ignorant folk most of them are now angling for grazing areas and a corridor through the entire federation. These grazing areas will in future become Fulani settlements, later communities and finally local government areas with elected officials.
If you think I am being alarmist look towards the once beautiful and serene Middle Belt state of Plateau.

The exact same thing happened in Jos.

Therefore, it will not be farfetched to conclude that the Fulani herdsmen are pawns in an agenda to overrun all towns in Nigeria! So that we will have emirs in Owerri, Enugu, Benin, Agatu,Wukari, Abeokuta and other towns where FG creates "grazing reserves" for Fulani herdsmen!

If Yunfa didn't accommodate Fodio and his warlike immigrants from Futatoro, Hausa sarkis would be ruling today in the north!

And if Afonja didn't conspire with Alimi, a Yoruba kingdom would not have been ruled by Alimi's offspring till today!

It is a subtle continuation of the 1804 Fulani jihad by the fully-armed and protected Fulani herdsmen with an age-old agenda to overrun and Islamize the whole of Nigeria very quickly.

I will end this with what someone rightly said- "The grazing bill is not an attempt to solve the problem, it's a subterfuge to progress the agenda"

It's an age-old political strategy really- ..create a problem, come up with a "solution" that advances the cause, and then give it a legal backing.
Make it look like a win-win situation.

Be as wise as serpents....

Spread this message for people to be aware.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by BeingFrank(m): 7:53pm On Jan 12, 2018
NonsoWow:
Who is this one, are u 4rm Niger Republical, or u just wnt 2 type something?
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State by Mintayo(m): 8:03pm On Jan 12, 2018
The plan to "Islamize" Nigeria is real...
Please help save Anu...https://www.nairaland.com/4239439/please-save-sisters-life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria / Police Replies Wike On "Plot To Plant Dollars And Guns In His Residence" / "Hope Uzodinma Can't Win Election In Imo" - Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.