Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? (3228 Views)

Can I Do This With Corel Draw Or Corel Photo Paint? / Can A Laptop With Intel Celeron Processor Run Corel Draw Smoothly? / Can You Draw Or Act Video. Then Why Not Earn?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by nonny1212: 4:02pm On Jan 12, 2018
Please I would like professionals in the house to advise me on which of these two(illustrator or coreldraw) softwares to learn as a graphic designer. thanks.
Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 12, 2018
The one with the largest community and more video tutorials on YouTube.

The one that is cheaper.

I would say go for Inkscape!
Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by nonny1212: 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2018
wilsonreuben:

The one that is cheaper.

so u mean to say that inkspace has the largest community and more video tutorials on YouTube?
Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 12, 2018
nonny1212:

so u mean to say that inkspace has the largest community and more video tutorials on YouTube?

Apparently, yes.

It is free and open source that is what makes it popular.
I know what you are thinking. "If it is free then it is not a professional tool."
That is absolutely incorrect.

Inkscape is up to per with illustrator.

Nigerians only know Illustrator and CorelDraw 'cause those were introduced to us. And we are sticky, we can't let go of something.

Same goes for Blender and Maya, GIMP and Photoshop...
Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by nonny1212: 5:06pm On Jan 12, 2018
wilsonreuben:

Apparently, yes.

It is free and open source that is what makes it popular.
I know what you are thinking. "If it is free then it is not a professional tool."
That is absolutely incorrect.

Inkscape is up to per with illustrator.

Nigerians only know Illustrator and CorelDraw 'cause those were introduced to us. And we are sticky, we can't let go of something.

Same goes for Blender and Maya, GIMP and Photoshop...

Truth is, this is the first time I'm hearing abt this inkspace. if you sure abt this software, could you kindly share some of the works you have done with it?

1 Like

Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 13, 2018
Don't get inkscape, I repeat don't. Apart from being slow ( heard it was written with python a slow language) it has a smaller community than corel and illustrator. That something is free doesn't mean that it is professional.
Thank me later, take corel easier to use with a vibrant community.
Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by excellgraphics(m): 8:37am On Jan 13, 2018
nonny1212:
Please I would like professionals in the house to advise me on which of these two(illustrator or coreldraw) softwares to learn as a graphic designer. thanks.
I simply recommend photoshop,coreldraw,adobe illustrator u can check my profile to learn more.
Thank u.
Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by nonny1212: 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2018
excellgraphics:
I simply recommend photoshop,coreldraw,adobe illustrator u can check my profile to learn more.
Thank u.

I want to learn 1.
Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by excellgraphics(m): 2:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
nonny1212:

I want to learn 1.
den chose photoshop.
Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by ahidsufi: 10:13pm On Jan 15, 2018
Go for Coreldraw because its the most widely used in Nigeria but if you are good with illustrator you have no problem too.

DO NOT use Photoshop for printing large format because its a Pixel application always use CorelDraw, Illustrator or any Vector based software.
Pixel application lose it quality when enlarge while Vector based dose not lose it quality.

2 Likes

Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by nonny1212: 1:51am On Jan 18, 2018
ahidsufi:
Go for Coreldraw because its the most widely used in Nigeria but if you are good with illustrator you have no problem too.

DO NOT use Photoshop for printing large format because its a Pixel application always use CorelDraw, Illustrator or any Vector based software.
Pixel application lose it quality when enlarge while Vector based dose not lose it quality.

I thought is jpeg that large format works are exported to?

if no, what file export?
Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by bigl: 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2018
Learn illustrator, period.

Inkscape is good according to some people but i've not used it but illustrator? I use everyday for logo, 3d layouts, etc. Its expensive but worth it.

Besides, should u need to use other adobe softwares later on, u're half way there cos d interface, etc are almost the same.

Corel is also good and that's what I started with but the company failed to evolve and didnt grow the layer system in it. That made ps and ai to overtake.

Try ur hands on all to see what they offer and what u're comfortable with
Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by ahidsufi: 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2018
nonny1212:

I thought is jpeg that large format works are exported to?

if no, what file export?

Yeah, its jpeg.
Just try using coreldraw and photoshop to enlarge the same picture, you will see what am talking about.
Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by achu442(m): 2:50am On Jan 24, 2018
Who can teach Graphics design in Port Harcourt...?
Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by dudebuck: 9:38am On Jan 27, 2018
I started with inkscape but moved to illustrator. But I use the two from time to time. inkscape is good but the pen tool is a hit or miss.

1 Like

Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by jiorhemen(m): 5:15am On Oct 26, 2018
excellgraphics:
I simply recommend photoshop,coreldraw,adobe illustrator.
Hello Mr Rafiu, please is it possible to learn the three at the same time? I asked because I am interested in learning the three. Are there centres where I can be trained on how to use the three at once? Do you have a training centre in Abuja?
Re: Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? by aktem(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2018

The one that is cheaper. Don't tell me you download crack 'cause you have your reward.

Inkscape is even out of the question, especially when talking about great design softwares like Adobe illustrator. Inkscape has many shortcomings

Back to the discussion... If you want to be a professional and internationally accepted.. Learn illustrator. If you are work for Nigerian client...you can download corel draw export the designs and save it in corel draw format(. Cdr)... Or save your print ready files in. Pdf

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Mockup On Android. Photoshop Not Needed / In Need Of Tutorials / Capoeira Dance animation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.