Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,413 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:04 PM

I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her (5138 Views)

How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by property12: 1:08pm On Apr 11, 2010
hi, i love my wife very much she was size 10 when we met, she is now
size 16, i find women slim very attractive, and i've had chance to be
with a few, but i dont want to cheat on her, i will not risk losing my
family. how do i let her know this without hurting her.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 11, 2010
Some questions to ask you before giving an answer:

1) How long have you been married for?
2) How many children have you had between yourselves?
3) Have you yourself changed since getting married, as in put on weight?
4) How active are the pair of you - are there any leisure activities you could do together?

1 Like

Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by property12: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2010
1. 15years
2. 3
3. yes of course im older 37 but kept myself fit
4. im active, she's not very active
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2010
hmmmm! whatever means u choose, good luck to ya!

first off, a size 16 isn't that bad.
there's worse things like a size 8 who nags you to the edge of madness tongue  tongue
2. u prolly need to take stock of a few things: what do you like and dislike about slim ladies? what do you like and dislike about plump ladies? can you see her size as a good thing? (she's had 3 kids. she WILL put on some weight. no, models don't count. u dont want to know what they do to regain their skinny sizes. u'll puke)
3. get 2 treadmills (crazy i know) or register at a gym together. work out WITH her. don't try to put pressure on her. if u do, make sure she doesn't realise that's what u're doing  tongue
4. change your own diet. ask her to give you lighter meals, smaller portions. eat brekkie/dinner together as often as you can.
5. when she starts making changes, encourage her. trust me a woman will lose 5 pounds to see the admiration in her man's eyes.

when you're making the changes to yourself it tends to rub off on your partner.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by victorazy(m): 1:43pm On Apr 11, 2010
just tell her i love u, the more u reduce, the more i love u, gud luck lol
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2010
1. Help her more with housework and the kids(she is the mother of your kids gaddammit) as someone mentioned stop looking up to hollywood moms, they have money and time to hire personal trainers and dietitians.
2. Educate her on her diet and help her with exercise.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2010
@ OP

offtopic, but i'm curious. how did you resolve the issue u had last year? i don't want to post the link here, but i think u know which one i'm talking about. it's been resolved, no?
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 11, 2010
Property12, now I'm really confused, and riled!  angry

What's this thread you started last year about?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=217579.msg3333305#msg3333305

Here, you say you have 3 kids, last years thread, you had 4angry
Here, you say you've been married for 15 years, last years thread, you'd been living with your co-habiting girlfriend for 12 yearsangry

No wonder your "wife's" put on weight - 4 children later, and 12 years wasted of her life, living without the commitment of marriage must cause untold stress, and as we all know, stress can play havoc with ones weight. I tell you what, scrub all I posted initially with regards to your "wife's" weight issue. I've absolutely no advice to give you on that score.

What the blazes are you playing at? 

1 Like

Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 11, 2010
Property12, this was you January 2009:

property12:

hi nairalanders, i have been with my partner for 12years we are like husband and wife although not married, we have four children together. just 2years ago she' been saying she as a new beleive that is wrong to have intimacy before marraige, so she told me she will never have intimacy with me again untill we are married, so we continued i beged her for several months for intimacy she refused, she then swore on all are children that she will not change her mind, so i moved out because of frustration and i might do something silly, is she wrong or right, what can i do, i miss my kids to death, it is like she has my heart.

I'm speechless. What woman wouldn't blow up, if they had to deal with this? 4 kids, and no sniff of a wedding! For any woman to shlt out 4 kids without any talk of marriage is a wonder. If they were quadruplets, I'd understand. But getting pregnant 4 times, jeeze. My brain's creaking trying to comprehend why. undecided
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by minute(f): 2:28pm On Apr 11, 2010
Really sick of this question no matter how it is presented. undecided undecided undecided

Offer to make her dinner,make a healthy one.Invite her to go on

walks after dinner or in the morning.Sign up for yoga,dance or kickboxing

classes.Remind her you love her the way she is and you want her to love herself.

Set goals together and help each other at achieving it. Goodluck.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2010
Good job Siena, some of these NLers think no one pays attention grin grin grin No wonder the poor woman gained all that weight, you are willing to wreck her but not wife her? shame on you.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2010
^^^ Yes, Ms Ebony. We live in sad times indeed. I feel for the poor lady.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by SleekReek(m): 3:31pm On Apr 11, 2010
I beg you property12 if you haven't wedded her please do so,at least pay her dowry and do court wedding angry

It must really be stressful on her.You have no moral justification to talk about her weight,wed her then deal with the weight  later.It's quite clear she really loves,so make her happy(wed her) and losing weight would not be an issue.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2010
What sad times it is Siena sad sad In his mind, he is being smart but he doesnt know his kids will be affected by this one way or the other.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2010
I understand, Ms Ebony.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Sagamite(m): 3:43pm On Apr 11, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Good job Siena, some of these NLers think no one pays attention grin grin grin No wonder the poor woman gained all that weight, you are willing to wreck her but not wife her? shame on you.

He wrecked her?

She does not have a brain to determine and demand what she wants? Did he despoil her or she did it with her free will and open eyes?

Anyway, in regards to the obviously fictitious scenario, it is a lose-lose situation. Women don't like hearing the truth except it is positive.

No matter how you put it, she is most likely not going to take it well and then be spiteful. The only thing she wants to hear from you is the she is the most beautiful thing on Earth even if she looks like a whale.

Size 16 for a woman in her 30s is not a big problem in anyway for me though. Talkless of one in her 30s and with kids.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by axeman85(m): 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2010
anytime you are joking with each other, tell her she is orobo too badddd gannnn. and am sure she will stat being conscious and hit the gym or stadium. grin
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by darqly(m): 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2010
Damn,nairaland is crawling wit mossad types,lol. See how they unravelled the poster's misdeeds and treated his case sharply. Lesson learned? A lie can only get you so far!
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by axeman85(m): 6:37pm On Apr 11, 2010
darqly:

Damn,nairaland is crawling wit mossad types,lol. See how they unravelled the poster's misdeeds and treated his case sharply. Lesson learned? A lie can only get you so far!

FBI, CIA, MOSSAD, M15 THEM PLETY FOR HERE WELL WEL, READY TO PUNCE ON ANY OFFENDER. grin
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by omicron(m): 7:06pm On Apr 11, 2010
Physical features shd neva form d basis 4 tru luv cos they wil neva always remain d same. And wen they change r luv always change with them.

As 4 u, communicatin ur concerns to her in a truly caring, gentle & not-too-serious manner might suffice. U also hv 2 help her through it: maybe a workout with her or plannin her diet 2gether cud be rewarding to u both.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Brisingr(m): 8:01pm On Apr 11, 2010
U look her straight in d eyez and say baby u will drop down & give me 100 pushups or so God help me am gonna whoop ya fat, just kiddin
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by sojjy: 11:52pm On Apr 11, 2010
victorazy:

just tell her i love u, the more u reduce, the more i love u, gud luck lol

On a more serious note,Victorazy has said it all.Approach her in a polite way without making her feel bad.She will really love to satisfy you and get reduced to your satisfaction.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Diva20(f): 11:57pm On Apr 11, 2010
You're such an asshole, property12.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Sagamite(m): 12:06am On Apr 12, 2010
sojjy:

On a more serious note,Victorazy has said it all.Approach her in a polite way without making her feel bad.She will really love to satisfy you and get reduced to your satisfaction.

You must be joking. Na World War III.  grin

She would wonder why, be hurt and feel betrayed that he cannot accept her the way she is and he is "criticising" her (don't be fooled, it would be taken as a criticism no matter how lovingly you put it as long as you are her partner).

She would say "You should love me irrespective of my size".

Women refuse to accept that, in real life, would is the Lord and King of should, and is by far superior, takes precedence and dictates the most likely scenario.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by spoilt(f): 12:37am On Apr 12, 2010
@ Siena
You sure outed him. Lol. grin
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 12, 2010
spoilt:

@ Siena
You sure outed him. Lol. grin

Lol. These guys think we have short memories, that's for sure.

How're you doing? Hope hubby and kids are doing good. smiley
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by spoilt(f): 12:43am On Apr 12, 2010
Siena:

Lol. These guys think we have short memories, that's for sure.

How're you doing? Hope hubby and kids are doing good. smiley

We have one kid. We're doing fine. Thanks

Hopefuly OP will resurface to defend himself. Lol.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Gabry(f): 2:46am On Apr 12, 2010
Based on your post, I know you marry your wife because she is slim and sexy not because you love her. So even if she loose weight for u now and you both grow old, I bet you will be complaining about her wrinkles and her sagging body.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Tinksh(f): 4:25am On Apr 12, 2010
Seriously?? The woman has given you four healthy children and her life. By the sounds of it she is a great wife exept for a few extra kilos?? You have got to be kidding me!!! I cant even find a word do describe how wrong you are.
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 12, 2010
Tink_sh:

Seriously?? The woman has given you four healthy children and her life. By the sounds of it she is a great wife exept for a few extra kilos?? You have got to be kidding me!!! I cant even find a word do describe how wrong you are.

Read my previous post above, especially the parts where I quoted him.

He's not even married to the woman, he's been stringing her along for 12 years, and 4 kids later, she's still single. angry
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by 006(m): 7:13am On Apr 12, 2010
Don't mind the poster, it's a cooked up story.

How can one, just last year, was cohabiting with a woman for 12 yrs and had 4 kids with her will come just more than a year later and say he was married for 15 yrs and had 3 kids?
Where’s the 4th kid?
Maybe he/she is in international space station researching about lies in his dad’s miserable life
Re: I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 12, 2010
006:

Don't mind the poster, it's a cooked up story.

How can one, just last year, was cohabiting with a woman for 12 yrs and had 4 kids with her will come just more than a year later and say he was married for 15 yrs and had 3 kids?
Where’s the 4th kid?
Maybe he/she is in international space station researching about lies in his dad’s miserable life

LMAO! cheesy

@ Property12: Where are you? Be a man, and get back on this thread, unless you're so ashamed of yourself, you feel you can't. I hope you are! angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lol / Could This Be Love ? / Photos Of Two Patients Caught While Having S*x In Lagos Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.