Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:39 PM

5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies (36442 Views)

5 Nigerians In "Black Panther": Sope Aluko, Tunde Laleye, Amechi Okocha, Tari / Daniella Okeke On Vacation In Hollywood And Las Vegas (Photos) / Semah G. Weifur: The Blind Liberian Boy Flavor Featured In "Most High" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by Amberon: 11:55am On Jan 13, 2018
Exactly what I was gonna say
enemmo:
Sophie Okonedo in Aoen Flux
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by Charlesdock(m): 11:55am On Jan 13, 2018
ednut1:
Nigerians too like to dey claim pple grin. They are british first abeg
I swear grin grin
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by jayboy17(m): 12:17pm On Jan 13, 2018
Mind you all of them were born and raised in Foreign land but funke Akindele was called from naija ni
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by IYANGBALI: 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2018
biacan:
Biacan cool
who sabi you?no be only biacan mtcheeeeeeeeew
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by femarse: 12:28pm On Jan 13, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Akinnuoye-Agbaje, that man has being in nollywood for years. The first time i watched a movie he feaured that was "Bourne Identity", where he spoke yoruba.

Bourne Identity
lost
American oddisey
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by naturefellow(m): 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2018
Ihatepork:
Cool. But Funke remains the champ cos she's based in Nigeria
born, bred and based (y)

Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 13, 2018
Ishilove:
Apart from Chinwetalu and Adewale, I don't think the other fellows identify as Nigerians. I could be wrong though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Oyelowo

Early life

Oyelowo was born in Oxford, England,[5] to Nigerian parents[6] of Yoruba ethnicity.[7] He was brought up as a Baptist.[8] He grew up in Tooting Bec until he was six, when his family moved to Lagos,[9] Nigeria, where his father Stephen[8] worked for the national airline and mother for a railway company. David attended a "'military-style' boarding school'.[8] They returned to London when Oyelowo was fourteen,[10][11] settling in Islington.[8]

While enrolled in theatre studies at City and Islington College, his teacher suggested that he become an actor. Oyelowo enrolled for a year in an art foundation course, at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).[11] He finished his three-year training in 1998.[12] He also spent time with the National Youth Theatre.[13]
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by dejavubobo1(m): 12:55pm On Jan 13, 2018
shaddoww:
We've got lots of talents down south, na just condition make crayfish bend. But once dey get to d other side, dey only need just a small opportunity n dey unleash their greatness.
We also have people like;

Hakeem Kae-Kazim
Hollywood actor, Kazeem was born in Lagos State and is a native of Ogun
State. He has featured in several hit movies such as ‘Hotel Rwandan,’ ‘X-Men
Origins: Wolverine, ‘Pirates of the Caribbean,’ ‘At World’s End and many TV series
including 24, and Criminal Minds. He has also featured in some Nollywood movies
like ‘Last Flight To Abuja,’ ‘Black November’ and ‘Half Of A Yellow Sun.’
Currently, Hakeem is a brand ambassador for Etisalat Nigeria.

Adetomiwa Edun
British actor Adetomiwa Edun was born in 1984 to a Nigerian father from the
Yoruba tribe and a half-Ghanaian, half-English mother. Edun, who moved to the
United Kingdom at the age of 11, has featured in movies like Slaves, Law &
Order: UK, The Hour, Passengers. He is popularly known for his role in the TV
series, Merlin, where he played ‘Sir Elyan’ and he became the second black in
2009 to play Romeo at the Globe Theatre. Tomiwa speaks English,
Yoruba and French.

Uzo Aduba
Uzoamaka Nwanneka “Uzo” Aduba is an American actress who is known for her
role as Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren on the television series ‘Orange Is the New
Black’. Her parents are both Nigerians of Igbo origin.

Caroline Chikezie
Caroline was born in England to Nigerian parents but was sent to boarding school
in Nigeria at a point, in an attempt to make her abandon her dreams to become
an actress. She choose acting to taking over her father’s hospital in Nigeria. So
far, the 42-year-old has featured in ‘ Holby City ,’ ‘Casualty ,’ ‘ Babymother ,’ ‘ As
If ,’ ‘ Judas Kiss,’ ‘ Free Fall’, ‘Torchwood’, ‘Cyberwoman”,’
‘Supernatural,’ and ‘Brothers and Sisters’.

Nonso Anozie
Nonso Anozie is an English actor of Nigerian descent. Apart from movies, he was
cast to play in the TV series ‘Game of Thrones’ and ‘Dracula’.

The great David Oyelowo
He was born in Oxford, England, to Nigerian parents. Oyelowo first attended a youth theatre after being invited by a girl to whom he was attracted to. He then studied theatre studies for A level at City and Islington College. It was his passion in acting that earned him get good grades that his teacher advised he should become an actor and start an acting career. After A levels, Oyelowo enrolled for a one year art foundation course, before winning a place and scholarship at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA), finishing his three-year training in 1998.
David oyelowo tauted to be d next "black" James bond. saw him in Queen of katwe d guy good
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by iamrealdeji(m): 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Akinnuoye-Agbaje, that man has being in nollywood for years. The first time i watched a movie he feaured that was "Bourne Identity", where he spoke yoruba.
the mummy also,he was the tough villain that attempted to stab Brendan Fraser's son on the hand in the mummy

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2018
Ihatepork:
Cool. But Funke remains the champ cos she's based in Nigeria
I don't think funke is in any Hollywood movie, I have checked the cast of infinity war n black Panther, I nor see her name.
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by Ihatepork: 1:33pm On Jan 13, 2018
charliboy654:

I don't think funke is in any Hollywood movie, I have checked the cast of infinity war n black Panther, I nor see her name.

She's in avengers. The thread made FP yesterday

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by Iammicboy(m): 2:01pm On Jan 13, 2018
Wat of alex hunter
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by steeltu(m): 2:08pm On Jan 13, 2018
What of Olu Jacobs. Plz always confirm your findings before miss leading others.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by buchi2104(m): 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2018
U forgot one person Caroline Chikezie
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by PurestBoy(m): 3:15pm On Jan 13, 2018
femarse:

Bourne Identity
lost
American oddisey

Go and watch Oz penitentiary where he even sang in Yoruba, he was a drug addict and gay in that prison movie.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by laudate: 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2018
ExInferis:
It's a bit part.

She's going to be background filler, with no speaking lines.

Maybe she'll be in one or two frames that we'd have to pause and look for her.

So why the unnecessary jubilation?

Have you seen the script?? Or are you the director? Where is it written that she would have no speaking lines?
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 13, 2018
Ihatepork:

She's in avengers. The thread made FP yesterday
Ya, Avengers Infinity wars, I have checked the cast, her name is not among.
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by safarigirl(f): 4:29pm On Jan 13, 2018
ExInferis:
It's a bit part.

She's going to be background filler, with no speaking lines.

Maybe she'll be in one or two frames that we'd have to pause and look for her.

So why the unnecessary jubilation?

as in. The hype tire me.

See as Nigerians dey carry the matter for head. South Africa has been producing Hollywood actors left and right, Kenya has an Oscar winner, she was even in Black Panther acting a major role, then a whole Nigeria that is supposed to have the biggest movie industry in Africa is celebrating waka pass role. Tomorrow, these same people will be trying to intimidate SA and Kenya, but see the real level Nigeria is...waka pass.

Black people will always wait to be acknowledged by their white masters before they rate their own.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by HallaDaTruth: 4:42pm On Jan 13, 2018
You forgot to include Megalyn Echikunwoke, she featured in green arrow as a shape shifting heroine. I have watched that series. Google it
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 13, 2018
wonder woman & doctor strange lovely movies
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by ekamaobobaro891(f): 6:23pm On Jan 13, 2018
Adetomiwa Edun
lives in Lagos
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by ekamaobobaro891(f): 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2018
inspire700:
Several Nigerian born actors have featured in Hollywood superhero movies. As fans anticipate Funke Akindele's Hollywood debut as a member of Dora Milaje in "Avengers: Infinity War," Pulse Movies has put together a list of Nigerian-born actors that have played a major or minor role in a superhero film.

Check them out.

1. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje - Thor: The Dark World

Akinnuoye-Agbaje was born in Islington, London, to Nigerian parents of Yoruba origin.
In Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World," Akinnuoye-Agbaje played dual roles as the warrior Algrimand the monstrous Kurse.
In "Suicide Squad," he played Killer Croc, a Metahuman who suffers from a skin condition that causes him to develop reptilian features.

2. Chiwetel Ejiofor - "Doctor Strange"

Ejiofor was born in London's Forest Gate, to Nigerian parents. In Marvel's "Doctor Strange," the Oscar nominated actor played Karl Mordo, the master of the Mystic Arts.
Unlike in the comics, his character is not introduced as a villain.

3. Moe Sasegbon: Wonder Woman

British-Nigerian heptathlete Moe Sasegbon made her acting debut in DC's "Wonder Woman."
She made an appearance in the first act of the movie as one of the Amazons, who were called to battle the uninvited German soldiers.
She also reprised her role as an Amazon in "Justice League."

4. Sammi Rotibi

Sammi Rotibi is an actor born in Nigeria and has starred in several movies including "Django Unchained."
In DC's "Batman V. Superman Dawn Of Justice," he played General Amajagh, an African terrorist from Nairomi.

5. Wunmi Mosaku

Wunmi Mosaku is a Nigerian-born British actress.
In "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice," Mosaku played Kahina Ziri, a Nairomi citizen who was hired and blackmailed by Lex Luthor to falsely testify against Superman.
"Avengers: Infinity War," the latest superhero movie to feature a Nigerian, makes its debut on April 25, 2018.

SOURCE: http://www.gistparkmedia.com/2018/01/5-nigerians-who-have-featured-in.html

what about ELYAN
That yorouba guy that acted as Gwen brother in Merlin??
his name is ADETOMIWA EDUN
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by DEIFIED(m): 6:46pm On Jan 13, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
The first movie i saw him was in legionnaire, he fought along side with van damme. Great actor i must tell you.
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by johnel2real(m): 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
he also starred in the mummy.
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by johnel2real(m): 7:45pm On Jan 13, 2018
what of this nigerian lady that starred as arya in the originals.
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:09pm On Jan 13, 2018
DEIFIED:

The first movie i saw him was in legionnaire, he fought along side with van damme. Great actor i must tell you.
Yes, he is. I like the character he played in the movie Pompey.
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:10pm On Jan 13, 2018
johnel2real:
he also starred in the mummy.
He featured in The mummy.
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:08pm On Jan 13, 2018
inspire700:
Several Nigerian born actors have featured in Hollywood superhero movies. As fans anticipate Funke Akindele's Hollywood debut as a member of Dora Milaje in "Avengers: Infinity War," Pulse Movies has put together a list of Nigerian-born actors that have played a major or minor role in a superhero film.

Check them out.

1. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje - Thor: The Dark World

Akinnuoye-Agbaje was born in Islington, London, to Nigerian parents of Yoruba origin.
In Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World," Akinnuoye-Agbaje played dual roles as the warrior Algrimand the monstrous Kurse.
In "Suicide Squad," he played Killer Croc, a Metahuman who suffers from a skin condition that causes him to develop reptilian features.

2. Chiwetel Ejiofor - "Doctor Strange"

Ejiofor was born in London's Forest Gate, to Nigerian parents. In Marvel's "Doctor Strange," the Oscar nominated actor played Karl Mordo, the master of the Mystic Arts.
Unlike in the comics, his character is not introduced as a villain.

3. Moe Sasegbon: Wonder Woman

British-Nigerian heptathlete Moe Sasegbon made her acting debut in DC's "Wonder Woman."
She made an appearance in the first act of the movie as one of the Amazons, who were called to battle the uninvited German soldiers.
She also reprised her role as an Amazon in "Justice League."

4. Sammi Rotibi

Sammi Rotibi is an actor born in Nigeria and has starred in several movies including "Django Unchained."
In DC's "Batman V. Superman Dawn Of Justice," he played General Amajagh, an African terrorist from Nairomi.

5. Wunmi Mosaku

Wunmi Mosaku is a Nigerian-born British actress.
In "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice," Mosaku played Kahina Ziri, a Nairomi citizen who was hired and blackmailed by Lex Luthor to falsely testify against Superman.
"Avengers: Infinity War," the latest superhero movie to feature a Nigerian, makes its debut on April 25, 2018.

SOURCE: http://www.gistparkmedia.com/2018/01/5-nigerians-who-have-featured-in.html

Number one on that list should be Hugo Weaving who played Red Skull in Captain America. I'm sure not many know this but he is Nigerian by birth. Was born in University of Ibadan Teaching Hospital in 1960.
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 14, 2018
safarigirl:
as in. The hype tire me.

See as Nigerians dey carry the matter for head. South Africa has been producing Hollywood actors left and right, Kenya has an Oscar winner, she was even in Black Panther acting a major role, then a whole Nigeria that is supposed to have the biggest movie industry in Africa is celebrating waka pass role. Tomorrow, these same people will be trying to intimidate SA and Kenya, but see the real level Nigeria is...waka pass.

Black people will always wait to be acknowledged by their white masters before they rate their own.

bit part doesnt matter

samuel l jackson and forest whitaker

back when these movies were made no one would hav thought that samule l jackson would eclipse eddie murphy; ditto for forrest whitaker and allen payne
Re: 5 Nigerians Who Have Featured In Hollywood Superhero Movies by safarigirl(f): 6:55am On Jan 14, 2018
oyb:

bit part doesnt matter

samuel l jackson and forest whitaker

back when these movies were made no one would hav thought that samule l jackson would eclipse eddie murphy; ditto for forrest whitaker and allen payne
you are conparing actual Americans to a Nigerian?

Do you know how many Hollywood movies Joke Silva and Olu Jacobs acted when they were younger? And I am not talking about roles that nobody will notice you, I am talking various scenes with lines and everything, supporting roles..... Did they break into anything?

Plus, Funke is 40, which roles will she be getting?

Bit parts can only boost the careers of Americans, even Lupita N'yongo and that Gahanain guy on Sugar aren't just Africans, they have dual citizenship

I suggest most of you lower your expectations. There is nothing extraordinary about featuring in these extra roles. Your mates are acting major roles and we dey here dey happy for extra.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

”Being A Mom Is Everything” – Omoni Oboli Shares Adorable Photo With Her Sons / Charles Okocha Gets A Strange Hug From Excited Female Fan (Photos, Video) / I Shed My Heavy Weight because My Nephew Told Me I Might Die – Lepacious Bose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.