Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! (14431 Views)

Apostle Ogochukwu Tochukwu Amaukwu's 2018 Prophecies / Primate Elijah Ayodele's 2018 Prophecies: What Atiku Must Do Ahead Of 2019 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:20am On Feb 11, 2018
Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:30am On Feb 12, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional

Hear His Word And Live

Monday, February 12th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David (Isaiah 55:3).

In the Old Testament, God asked Moses to gather the children of Israel to the foot of a mountain so He could talk to them (Exodus 19:10-11). When the people saw the thunderings and lightnings, they were terrified by the presence of God and the sound of His voice, but it didn’t change their lives (Exodus 20:18-19).

When Saul of Tarsus was on his way to Damascus
as he wreaked havoc on the Church, during the great persecution of the early Church, suddenly, there shone from heaven a great light that dazzled him. He fell to the ground, and heard the voice of the Lord in the Hebrew tongue, but his co-travellers heard what they assumed to be thunder. Who can hear God and live?

But thanks be unto God! Being born again, we were chosen to hear His voice. The reason Saul could hear Him, and his colleagues didn’t, even though they understood the Hebrew language, is found in Acts 22:14: “...The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.”

Someone says, “If I should hear the voice of God directly, it will change my life”; no! Others heard that same voice and it didn’t change their lives. It’s not about the sound you hear, it’s about the message it unveils, and whether or not you receive that message into you. Every time you hear the Word of God in your spirit, you live. Jesus said man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word from God’s mouth Matthew 4:4). Every time God talks to us, we live; we’re strengthened and blessed.

The same way you eat food every day, and it nourishes your body, when you hear God’s Word every day, it does something to your life; you’re encouraged, and you’re projected in the right direction. Success, favour, and grace are multiplied in your life, all because you’re feeding on the Word. Jesus said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live” (John 5:25). John was referring to spiritual death. So when you hear the Gospel of Christ, you live. Don’t stop feeding on the Word.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the efficacy of your Word in my life. Your Word is my life, and I walk in the precision of the Spirit, because the Word is the light that guides my path. I’m triumphant today, and always by the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Psalm 119:130
The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

Proverbs 4:20-22
20. My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21. Let them not depart from thine eyes;
keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22. For they are life unto those that find them,
and health to all their flesh.

Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:

Matthew 27: 45- 66
Leviticus 1- 3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Acts 17: 10- 21
Psalm 14- 16

Leave comments on today's devotional www.rhapsodyofrealities.org
Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:21am On Feb 13, 2018

The Curative Power Of God’s Word

Tuesday, February 13th, 2018

Pastor Chris

My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh (Proverbs 4:20-22).

The word translated “health” in our opening text is the Hebrew word “marpe,” which means medicine. So, that verse should actually read, “...For they are life unto those that find them, and health [medicine] to all their flesh.” The Word of God is medicine; it has curative powers. If you’ll meditate on the Word, it’ll destroy every, and any form of disease and infirmity in your body. The Bible says, “He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their
destructions” (Psalm 107:20).

God’s Word is the solution to every challenge. Its potency and efficacy are undeniable. The Word has the ability to transform your life, energize you for victory, and programme you for excellence. As you meditate on the Word, a metamorphosis takes place in your life. If you’re facing challenges in your health, don’t despair. Get a hold of God’s Word and there’ll be a change.

When you don’t study or feed on the Word as you should, you starve your spirit, and that’s dangerous. It’s like people who stay without eating physical food for a long time; they become weak and eventually susceptible to sickness and disease; their immunity against germs and viruses rapidly dissipates. But if you’re feeding well, chances are, you’re unlikely to have the same problems.

The Word of God does much more for your spirit than physical food. If you’ll stay in the Word, you’ll always be healthy and sound. If you’d meditate on the Word, it’ll cure that blood condition, get rid of the HIV, heal your bones, heart, and skin, and produce life in you! It’ll cure that wound that has defied treatment. Speak the Word to that infirmity; talk to that cancer; talk to your blood cells; command the diabetes to be healed! Keep yourself in health with the Word.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word is healing and health to my body. Your Word is my daily meditation, and as I do, I fortify my soul and body with spiritual food, and against the corrupting influences of this world. I’m born of the incorruptible seed of the Word, and I have overcome the world, in Jesus’ Name.

FURTHER STUDY:

Psalm 107:17-20
17. Fools because of their transgression,
and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.
18. Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat;
and they draw near unto the gates of death.
19. Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble,
and he saveth them out of their distresses.
20. He sent his word, and healed them,
and delivered them from their destructions.

Matthew 13:14-15
14. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15. For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Matthew 28
Leviticus 4- 5

Acts 17: 22- 34
Psalm 17- 18

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:06am On Feb 14, 2018
*RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

*CHOSEN TO BE HIS WITNESS .*

Wednesday, February 14th .

Pastor Chris

*Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen (Matthew 28:19-20).*_

Did you know that as a child of God, because of you, there’s hope for men in this world? God chose you to be His witness; to tell others about the saving power of the Gospel of Christ, and about His love. The Glorious Gospel of the blessed Lord has been committed to your trust (1 Timothy 1:11). The Apostle Paul, understanding this, declared, _*“...necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel”*_ (1 Corinthians 9:16).

Be absolutely convinced that nothing else could be as important as being an effective witness for Christ. This must be your passion and your love—witnessing to others about Jesus. You’re chosen for this. The Bible says, _*“… it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things”*_ (Luke 24:46-48).

How then could you be quiet? You have to tell somebody else, and you also have to give towards the furtherance of the Gospel. Be a sponsor of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be proud of it. Give financially for the things of God, and be present in meetings where Kingdom expansion is discussed.

In your sphere of contact—be it a hospital, prison, school, village, wherever—preach the Gospel. Tell the untold and reach the unreached, because this Gospel is real and it’s true; it’s the power of God unto salvation to those who believe. The Apostle Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 5:13-15, _*“For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause. For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.”*_

Be compelled by your love for Christ to preach the Gospel. Intercede for the lost whenever you have the opportunity to do so, because you’re God’s witness on earth.

*PRAYER*

*The burden of responsibility is on me to preach the Gospel of Christ. I’m sensitive to the leading of the Spirit to minister the Gospel to the weary and bring healing and health to the sick, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.*

*FURTHER STUDY:* *||* *Mark 16:15-18* And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. *||*

*||* *Acts 1:8* But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. *||*

*DAILY SCRIPTURE READING*

*1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Mark 1:1-20,
Leviticus 6-7

*2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Acts 18:1-11,
Psalm 19-20
Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:07am On Feb 15, 2018
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES THURSDAY, 15TH FEBRUARY. Pastor Chris

TOPIC ✨ HE’S YOUR PORTION✨

And the LORD spake unto Aaron, Thou shalt have no inheritance in their land, neither shalt thou have any part among them: I am thy part and thine inheritance among the children of Israel (Numbers 18:20).

We understand from the Scriptures that God apportioned inheritance to the different tribes of Israel except the Levites. To the Levites He said, “I am thy part and thine inheritance among the children of Israel.” In other words, “I’m your portion! I’m everything you need!” This is wonderful! How rich can you get when the Lord is your portion?

Psalm 24:1 says, “The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” If this is true, and it is, then it follows that the earth and everything in it belongs to you because the Lord is your portion. No wonder, the Bible says all things are yours! Now, you can understand when I say I don’t ask God for anything; all my prayers are for other people. I have nothing to ask God for, because I have Christ, and Christ is everything.

When this truth dawns on you, the struggles would be over; it’ll change your mentality and your testimonies would be different. The Psalmist knew the Lord to be his portion and so declared, “The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot” (Psalms 16:5).

Then in Psalm 27:1, the psalmist testified, _*“… the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”*_ (Psalm 27:1). He didn’t say, “Strengthen me, oh Lord”; rather, he declared, “The Lord is the strength of my life!” You don’t ask for strength when you know the Lord is your portion; He’s your strength, and you testify accordingly.

Being born again, you’ve been made a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light (Colossians 1:12). You’ve been brought into a large place (Psalm 18:19); a place of wealth, health and prosperity. Get to know and enjoy all that belongs to you in Christ by studying and meditating on the Word. Walking in the light of this and other truths in the Word will launch you into a life of endless possibilities, glory, excellence and superabundance.

PRAYER
Thank you Father for being the portion of my inheritance; I boldly declare that the lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places and I have a goodly heritage. I live and walk in wealth, health and prosperity even as goodness and mercy follow me all the days of my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: Genesis 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I [am] thy shield, [and] thy exceeding great reward.

Psalm 16:5 The LORD [is] the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

Psalm 119:57 [Thou art] my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep thy words.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Mark 1:21-45,
Leviticus 8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 18:12-23,
Psalm 21-22

� Please don't stop at reading, join us today let's take God's divine presence into every man's world.

EXTRACT FROM RHAPSODY OF REALITIES
Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:43am On Feb 16, 2018

Say Exactly What You Want

Friday, February 16th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God (Philippians 4:6).

The Amplified Classic Version of the opening scripture says, “Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.” The Lord expects us to make definite requests of Him. Say exactly what
you want!

There’s no need for vain repetitions or superfluity of
words. Some people are that way when they pray, but Jesus said, “...When ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking” (Matthew 6:7). Some make vague requests. For instance, someone might say, “Help me Lord; I can’t continue like this,” and thinks he or she has prayed, but that’s not a definite request.

You have to state precisely what help you want. Is it help with your finances, your health, job, or your family? Whatever it is, be specific and act on the Word. Our opening verse gives us two key elements of effectual prayers: definite requests and thanksgiving. In Mark 11:23, the Lord Jesus said, “For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.”

Jesus didn’t tell us to speak to “mountains,” but to “this mountain,” teaching us to be definite in acting our faith. When you have a strong and definite desire for a change, make your faith proclamations accordingly, and begin to glorify God for the answers. Only when you’re specific in your requests are you able to effectively give thanks to God, because you know when they’re met.

It makes no difference what challenges you’re faced with; refuse to fret or doubt! Tell the Father what you want, and praise Him for the answer. He said ask and receive that your joy may be full (John 16:24).

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the power in the Name of Jesus, and the authority I have to use that Name to effect specific changes as I may desire. I’m sustained by the power and authority of that Name, living the higher life of glory that you prearranged for me. I walk in divine wisdom, in dealing with the circumstances and affairs of life, today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Matthew 6:25
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Matthew 7:7-8
7. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 2: 1- 22
Leviticus 9 -10

Acts 18: 24-19: 1- 7
Psalm 23- 24

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:25am On Feb 17, 2018

Knowledge Activates The Power Of The Word

Saturday, February 17th, 2018

Pastor Chris

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free (John 8:32).

Spiritual truths are activated by knowledge. 2 Peter 1:3 says, “...his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” Proverbs 11:9 says through knowledge—revelation knowledge—shall the just be delivered.

As you study and meditate on the Word, not only will you discover your inheritance in Christ, you’ll also receive the faith to relate with and enjoy all that God has made available to you in Christ Jesus. The Word is truth, and it has the capacity and ability to make you a success, build you up like a solid edifice, and keep you in health.

It doesn’t matter who you are, or how severe or hopeless you might think the case is, nothing is impossible to the one who lives by the truth of God’s Word. Life is an unending stream of blessings, excitement, success, and victories for the one who understands and applies the principles of God’s Word. The Word is able to change your life and to change you completely from failure to success. However, you must know the Word. If you don’t know the Word, you can’t work the Word.

That’s why we teach and preach the truth of God’s Word, because when we talk about the blessings that belong to us in Christ and people become aware of the blessings, they’ll start walking in the blessings. Through knowledge, they’re able to appropriate the blessings in their personal lives.

For example, many people know about healing, but most haven’t been taught how to walk in divine health; so when we preach divine health, they hear about it and get to know that divine health is theirs. That knowledge will impart faith to their spirits and activate the power of the Word in their lives to walk in divine health.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for giving me the Holy Ghost to teach and reveal the truth of your Word to me. The Word is working in me right now, producing life in me. I’m like a tree by the stream, ever luscious and green, prospering in everything and everywhere, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Proverbs 18:15
The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge;
and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.

Proverbs 23:3-4
3. Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat.
4. Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.

Philemon 1:6
That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 2: 23- 3: 1- 12
Leviticus 11- 12

Acts 19: 8- 20
Psalm 25- 26

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 7:42am On Feb 18, 2018

He Brings You into Your Inheritance

Sunday, February 18th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).

In Exodus 23:23, God promised to give the children of Israel the lands belonging to the Amorites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites. The inhabitants of these lands were giants, armed and trained in war. They obviously were physically stronger and more intimidating than the Israelites. Their cities were fortified. How will Israel take possession of the lands and make God’s promise a reality? It was going to be by the Holy
Ghost.

God had said to them, “For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off” (Exodus 23:23). Notice He didn’t say His angel shall bring them into the land, but that He’d bring them to the enemies: the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites, and Jebusites. He was going to cause the Israelites to collide with their enemies.

Never be afraid when you have to collide with opposing forces; they’re bread for you. God always causes you to collide with them when He wants to give you what they’ve occupied so long that doesn’t belong to them. The reason is simple: you’re the seed of Abraham. The Holy Spirit came to live in us for a purpose, to make us champions, and to bring us into our inheritance. Until you know Him, you’ll not walk in your inheritance! You’d live an ordinary life.

However, when you know the Holy Spirit, you become an active participant in the divine nature; you play your part in the divine experience! Nothing and no one is able to cheat you out of God’s best! You’re confident in the word! You know, and live in your divine inheritance. 1 Corinthians 2:12 says, “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.”

The Holy Ghost knows the things that are freely given to us of God. You don’t have to struggle for them. He shows you those things; He brings them to your knowledge, and your understanding, so you can speak them, because with your mouth, you bring them into the material world from the realm of the Spirit. Your affirmation of the Word makes it real in your life.

PRAYER
Precious Holy Spirit, I acknowledge your presence in my life. You’re the Shepherd of my soul; the One who guides me in the perfect will of God. Thank you for bringing me into my glorious inheritance in Christ Jesus. By you, I possess and enjoy my inheritance today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

1 Corinthians 2:12-13
12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 3: 13- 35
Leviticus 13- 14

Acts 19: 21- 29
Psalm 27- 28

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:50am On Feb 19, 2018

From Darkness To Light

Monday, February 19th, 2018

Pastor Chris

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light (1 Peter 2:9).

God always has a purpose for what He does; He doesn’t just do things. For example, He didn’t just bring you out of darkness, He also transferred you into His marvellous light. Always, He brings you out, to bring you in. Colossians 1:13 says, “Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.”

Did you notice He didn’t just deliver you from the power of darkness? That alone would have been wonderful, but He went a step further to catapult you to the Kingdom of His love-son. Thus, our opening scripture above reveals your present location: God’s marvellous light; His awe-inspiring light! That’s your domicile; therefore, no darkness in your life.

It brings to mind the words of Jesus in John 8:12. He said, “...he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” We’re the children of Light, dwelling in the Light, and the Lord is the father of lights (James 1:17).

Darkness represents sin, death, evil and all the negativities associated with Satan. You’ve been brought out of all that, including sickness, disease, depression, poverty, frustrations, etc., into the gracious and glorious life in Christ; the liberty of the sons of God. 2 Corinthians 4:6 says, “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts....”

We see by Him; He’s our light. Speaking prophetically, the psalmist, in Psalm 36:9 says, “For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.” You dwell in God’s light, in His Kingdom of light, where you reign over darkness, manifesting the virtues and excellence of Almighty God.

PRAYER
My life is for the glory of God. I’ve been divinely commissioned to display the virtues and perfections of divinity. I manifest the power and excellence of Christ to everyone in my world. Thank you blessed Lord, for bringing me out of darkness into the glorious liberty of the sons of God, where I reign and rule in life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Colossians 1:12-13
12. Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Proverbs 4:18
But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Isaiah 60:1-3
1. Arise, shine; for thy light is come,
and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
2. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
3. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 4: 1- 20
Leviticus 15

Acts 19: 30- 41
Psalm 29- 30

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:48am On Feb 20, 2018

You’re A Blessing

Tuesday, February 20th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3).

The mentality the Lord expects us to have isn’t that of those in need of blessings but that of a people blessed beyond measure, to be a blessing. Our opening verse says He’s blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3), not just so we can enjoy and keep the blessings to ourselves, but so we’ll be a blessing to our world.

In Genesis 12:3, God said, “And I will bless them that bless thee....” Part of your heritage as the seed of Abraham is that through you, the nations of the earth shall be blessed.

Take Joseph for an example: The Lord blessed him so much that he became the envy of all his brothers. When his brothers sold him as a slave, he became the manager of his master’s (Potiphar’s) estate.

The Bible specifically records that from the time Potiphar made Joseph the overseer of his house, and of all that he had, the Lord blessed him and his entire household for Joseph’s sake; the blessing of the Lord was upon all that Potiphar had in his house and in the field (Genesis 39:5). Such an amazing reality!

When Joseph was unjustly sent to prison, due to false accusations from his master’s wife, he soon became the head of the prisoners because he was always quick to help others. Furthermore, through his wisdom, the whole Egyptian empire was preserved from severe famine.

As a blessed person, it doesn’t matter what job you do: your prosperity is assured. Even your work is an avenue to bless others. Ephesians 4:28 shows us the reason for work. It says, “Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.” He wants you to work, get a job, not so you can make a living or make ends meet, but so you can be a blessing to others as well.

Your job is your opportunity to express the excellence God has deposited within you. There’s so much within you that the world can benefit from. That’s why you must be the best of you, and bless the world with the investment of your personality. Find a need, and reach out to meet it.

PRAYER
My life is for the glory of God. His blessings are evident and working in and through me, and I’m a dispenser of the same. Thank you Father, for the increased ability to positively impact my world as I live gloriously for you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Genesis 12:2
And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

1 Peter 3:9
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

1 Peter 2:9 AMPC
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] ownpurchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 4: 21- 41
Leviticus 16- 18

Acts 20: 1- 12
Psalm 31- 32

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:42am On Feb 21, 2018

True Confession

Wednesday, February 21st, 2018

Pastor Chris

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for
another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much (James 5:16).

When the Bible talks about confession, many only relate to it in terms of confession of sins, but confession is much more than that. Confession means to speak the same thing with God in consent; it derives from the Greek word “homologia”; it’s a principle in the Kingdom of God that begins with your salvation as a child of God.

You couldn’t have been saved without confession; not the confession of your sins, but the affirmation of the Lordship of Jesus over your life. Romans 10:9-10 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” This is the true confession that catapults you into salvation.

The only time you confess something you did wrong
is after you’ve become a Christian and have received eternal life. When you do something wrong, you talk to the Lord about it and you’re cleansed. Even though you talk to God, you don’t really confess your sins, because He didn’t tell us to confess our sins to Him; He knows already. You only confess or acknowledge your faults to your brothers and/or sisters whom you’ve offended. That’s what we read in our opening verse.

Someone might ask, “How about 1 John 1:9 that says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness?” For some people, they believe this means we’re always sinning; we’re in a perpetual state of sin and confession; but that’s not true; it means, if we acknowledge our sins, He blots them out. 1 John 2:1 says, “...if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.” Notice it doesn’t say, “When any man sin,” but “If any man sin,” letting you know that sin isn’t perpetual.

Moreover, the Bible says, “For sin shall not have dominion over you...” (Romans 6:14). Hallelujah.

PRAYER
Thank you blessed Father for my salvation in Christ, and for the remission and total blotting away of my sins. I’m the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, living and manifesting the rightness of God in every place, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 3:24-26
24. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26. To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

1 John 4:14-15
14. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 5: 1- 20
Leviticus 19- 21

Acts 20: 13- 24
Psalm 33- 34

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:31am On Feb 22, 2018

Confident In The Day Of Crisis

Thursday, February 22nd, 2018

Pastor Chris

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17).

There’re two key words I’ll like you to notice in our opening verse. The first is “perfect” which means “made complete,” while the second is “judgment.” Judgment is from the Greek word, “krisis,” the derivative of the English word, “crisis.” It depicts a time of intense difficulty or danger. So, whether you have a crisis in the Church or on your job, at home or in the country where you live, God wants you to have boldness or confident assurance in the day of crisis.

Mark 4 gives credence to this. It tells the story of how the disciples were rattled amidst a raging tempest. Distraught with fear, they cried out to Jesus, “...Master, carest thou not that we perish?” (Mark 4:38). At that hour of crisis—that period of turbulence—Jesus was unflustered. With poise, boldness and an undeniable confidence, He hushed the tempestuous weather to sleep. Mark 4:39 says, “...he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.”
He then chided His disciples saying, “Where is your
faith?” Faith in what? In the Father’s love! This was the confidence Jesus had. John 15:9 (NLT) says, “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love.” When you function in the Father’s love, you become unafraid of anything because you know the Father is with you and in you. That fellowship inspires confidence. You’re conscious that you dwell in His love.1 John 4:18 says, “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear....”

It makes no difference what you face in life, refuse to be anxious; calm the storm. Give the Word of faith. Heal the sick, restore sight to the blind, unstop deaf ears, and restore maimed limbs! In spite of the turbulence, declare peace, tranquility, and calmness over situations and circumstances. Be bold and confident in the day of crisis because you have the Father’s love; meaning you’ll always win.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the confidence I have in your Word and in your love for me. In the hour of crisis, I give no room to doubt and unbelief; I’m strengthened, having the confident assurance that you’re always in, and with me. I live in perpetual victory, above the adversary and all adversities, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Proverbs 24:10
If thou faint in the day of adversity,
thy strength is small.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Romans 8:31-37
31. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32. He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33. Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36. As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 5: 21- 43
Leviticus 22- 23

Acts 20: 25- 38
Psalm 35- 36

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:19am On Feb 23, 2018

Yield To The Spirit For Guidance And Direction

Friday, February 23rd, 2018

Pastor Chris

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God (Romans 8:14).

The human mind, at its very best, is limited and as a result can’t be a sure guide for the Christian. Due to the limitation of human understanding, we’re unable to tell those things that are good for us, or make the right choices until we look into the Word and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us.

Jesus said, “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come” (John 16:13). Yielding to the Spirit for guidance and direction will make all the difference in your life: your path will be forever flooded with light. You’ll be able to discern and walk in God’s perfect will at all times. Your life will be void of struggles as you journey on the clear path of progress, victory and success, because you have the light of life.

Jesus said, “...I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life...” (John 8:12). In His light, we see light, and His Word is light. Psalm 119:130 AMPC says, “The entrance {and} unfolding of Your words give light; their unfolding gives understanding (discernment and comprehension) to the simple.” God’s Word has the ability to bring illumination to your spirit and give you insight into reality. This is why you must allow the Word to dwell in you richly.

The Word and the Spirit are one; when you open your heart to the Word and to the Holy Spirit, the storms of life will never be able to obscure your vision. How far do you want to go in life? How successful do you want to be? The Lord can take you much farther than you could ever imagine. He’s more passionate for your success than you can imagine, and it’s His delight to help you become a success.

Invite Him to help, lead, and guide you in the choices you make and in the decisions you take. He said in Isaiah 1:19, “If you will only let me help you, if you will only obey, then I will make you rich!” (TLB). This is His desire. Trust Him, and He’ll make you a wonder to your generation.

PRAYER
Blessed Holy Spirit, how lovely you are to me! You’re so great and I acknowledge you as my Lord, Teacher, Helper and Guide! Thank you for guiding me into all truth, teaching me to make the right choices and decisions that are consistent with your perfect will for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
John 14:16-18
16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 6: 1- 29
Leviticus 24

Acts 21: 1- 9
Psalm 37

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 7:37am On Feb 24, 2018

Beyond Reproach

Saturday, February 24th, 2018

Pastor Chris

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight (Colossians 1:21-22).

How inspiring and comforting this is! God chose you before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blame before Him in love, and predestined you to be accepted in His presence (Ephesians 1:6). Long before He laid the foundations of the earth, He had you in mind. He knew you, accepted you and settled on you to be the focus and object of His love.

This had nothing to do with your good works; it’s
purely the result of His grace. He reconciled you to Himself, justified you and made you righteous. Now you’re beyond reproach, beyond condemnation. There’s no judgement against you; you’re free from all accusations: “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus...” (Romans 8:1). Following the sacrifice of Jesus on your behalf, sin and its consequences shall not have dominion over you. You’re free to serve the Lord and live for Him, in righteousness and true holiness.

Someone might ask, “How about when I do something wrong, am I still righteous, holy, blameless and irreproachable?” Yes, you are! First, understand that Christ is your redemption (1 Corinthians 1:30), meaning that He’s your riddance. In other words, He rids you of trouble and takes responsibility for your faults.

Secondly, you aren’t holy or righteous because of youractions, but because you live in the presence of God, and have His nature of righteousness. He gave you His righteousness as a gift (Romans 5:17); therefore, you have right standing with Him. Moreover, His presence in you sanctifies; that is, makes you holy.

This is what gives us boldness and confidence to pray and expect answers. It’s the reason we can speak and expect things to turn out the way we said they should, because we have a right of hearing in His presence. He qualified us to live in His presence, and become partakers of the divine nature, associates of the Godkind. Blessed be God!

PRAYER
Blessed Father, I thank you for your love and your grace, and for the gift of righteousness, which gives me boldness and right standing in your presence. What joy thrills my soul to know that I now stand justified in your presence, holy, acceptable, and beyond reproach, because Jesus paid the full penalty for my sins. Now, I reign and rule with Him forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Ephesians 1:3-4
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4. According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 6: 30- 56
Leviticus 25

Acts 21: 10- 17
Psalm 38- 39

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:59am On Feb 25, 2018

He Looks Beyond Your Faults

Sunday, February 25th, 2018

Pastor Chris

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

There’re people who have stopped going to church, because they did something wrong and thought God was mad at them and couldn’t forgive them. I wish they knew the kind of God He is! He is love. He could never turn His back on you. He loves you so much that rather than punish you for your sins, He punished His Son, Jesus. That’swhat we read in our opening verse.

God may hate sin, but He loves the sinner. He
distinguishes the sinner from his actions and loves him nonetheless. That’s the reason He could look beyond man’s faults and frailties and pay the ultimate price—the death of His Son—to save the world. The Bible says God was in Christ, reconciling the world—the world of sinners unto Himself—not imputing their trespasses unto them (2 Corinthians 5:19). He doesn’t hold your sins against you.

Jesus already bore the punishment and consequences for all your sins. He was judged for your sake: “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed” (Isaiah 53:5). This is part of the excitement and joy we celebrate as Christians; we’re so grateful to God for all He’s provided for us in Christ Jesus. He’s so wonderful! Where would we have been without Him? What would our lives have been like?

Think about a God who isn’t just loving, but is also all love! Even when we inadvertently do or say the wrong things, in His love, He made provision for our automatic cleansing. In 1 John 1:7, He says, “If we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another and the blood of Jesus Christ his son cleanseth us from all sin.” He gave no conditions for the cleansing; so you never have to worry about unknown sins in your life.

Then the ninth verse says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Thus, having been born again, if you do something wrong, and confess it to the Father, He’s loving enough, and can be trusted, to cleanse you, not only from that sin, but from all unrighteousness. How wonderful this is!

PRAYER
I see people the way God sees them. Rather than see their flaws and faults, I see the good in them—that beautiful part of them! Always, I rise above offences as I cover others with the umbrella of God’s love flowing from the castle of my heart, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
2 Corinthians 5:19-21
19. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Jeremiah 31:3
The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying,
Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love:
therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Romans 5: 8- 10
8. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 7: 1- 23
Leviticus 26- 27

Acts 21: 18- 26
Psalm 40- 41

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 8:12am On Feb 26, 2018

The Cares Of This Life

Monday, February 26th, 2018

Pastor Chris

And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares (Luke 21:34).

The parable of the sower that Jesus told in Mark chapter 4 shows us the reason the Word of God is unfruitful in the lives of some people. These people are overwhelmed by the cares of this life: “And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, And the cares of this world... choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful” (Mark 4:18-19).

When you find a Christian who isn’t bearing fruits that
are consistent with the Word of God, it’s because he or she is encumbered with the cares of this life, therefore receiving the Word amongst thorns. “Thorns” here refers to “the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things.” These things choke the Word of God in people’s lives and make it unproductive, thus resulting in many not living to their potentials in Christ.

1 John 2:15 says, “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” Our opening scripture says, “...take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting.” God wants your affection and attention set on Him and His eternal Word, on things in heaven and not on things in the earth (Colossians 3:2). He wants you to guard your heart and make it a fertile ground always for His Word to not only be deep-rooted, but also to produce the desired result.

In Proverbs 23:26, He said, “My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.” He doesn’t want you chasing after the vain things of life, but rather that you meditate on the Word and let it gain the ascendancy in your life. That way, you’d have a fruitful and productive life: “Blessed is the man that...his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper” (Psalm 1:1-3).

PRAYER
Blessed Father, my heart is fixed on you, to serve you, love you, and bear fruits of righteousness. Nothing in the world satisfies as much as the pleasure of knowing you and living for you! My gaze is set on you, to know and walk in your wisdom, fulfilling your will and purpose for my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Mark 4:14-20
14. The sower soweth the word.
15. And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
16. And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
17. And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.
18. And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, 19. And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
20. And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 7: 24- 8: 1- 13
Numbers 1- 2

Acts 21: 27- 39
Psalm 42- 43

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:33am On Feb 27, 2018

The Blessedness Of Giving

Tuesday, February 27th, 2018

Pastor Chris

As long as the world exists, there will be a time for planting and a time for harvest. There will always be cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night (Genesis 8:22 GNB).

One of the most profound principles in the Word of God that guarantee continuous increase in finances is the principle of giving. Not too many people are as excited to give, as they are to receive; meanwhile, the promised blessing isn’t to the receiver but to the giver. Jesus said, “...It is more blessed to give than to receive ” (Acts 20:35).

2 Corinthians 9:8 gives us a clear insight about the
blessedness of the giver. It says, “And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation]” (AMP). The previous verse says, “...God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without) a cheerful (joyous, prompt to do it) giver [whose heart is in his giving].”

Now this isn’t just about money; Jesus didn’t say “give money,” He said “Give!” Whatever good thing you desire in your life, sow the seed of it into the lives of others and it’ll be multiplied in your own life. Remember His words: “Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them...” (Matthew 7:12).

Another thing your giving does is that it helps to increase the fruits of your righteousness: “Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness” (2 Corinthians 9:10). If only you knew all that your giving to the Lord could do for you! It connects you and everything that concerns you with God’s Spirit and gives you results that aren’t only for today, but for tomorrow and for all time.

Each time you have the opportunity to give, be excited. Our lives as Christians should depict the character of our heavenly Father, who gave His precious Son, Jesus, for our salvation (John 3:16).

CONFESSION
Thank you precious Father, for blessing me in all things, and making me a blessing to my world. I declare that I’m mightily blessed today as I seek opportunities to give, for you’ve said in your Word, it’s more blessed to give, than to receive. Hallelujah.

FURTHER STUDY:

2 Corinthians 8:9
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

2 Corinthians 9:7
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 8: 14- 26
Numbers 3- 4

Acts 21: 40-22: 1- 10
Psalm 44 - 45

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:41am On Feb 28, 2018

Keep Looking...

Wednesday, February 28th, 2018

Pastor Chris

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed (James 1:25).

The Word of God is a mirror. The Bible says, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord” (2 Corinthians 3:18). When we look into the mirror of God, we see ourselves. We see the glory of God. The natural mirror portrays earthly reflections, but God’s mirror, His Word, is the perfect mirror that shows you who you are aand exactly how God sees you.

The more you look into the mirror of God, the more you’re changed to become what you see. So, keep looking, because as you look, you’re metamorphosed; your life becomes increasingly excellent. But if you take your eyes away, you’d live a confused life because you’re looking at the wrong thing. Our opening verse says, “But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.”

James 1:22 says, “But be ye doers of the word, and
not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” If you’re a doer of the Word, when you look into God’s mirror, you don’t forget who you are. The one who doesn’t do the Word has an identity crisis.

No matter the challenges you face and the troubles that may come your way, stick to the Word. Always remember what the Word says about you: you’re more than a conqueror; greater is He that’s in you than he that’s in the world. Maintain this consciousness.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word transforms me from glory to glory, and instills in me the mindset of the just. I’m a doer of the Word, and not a hearer only. Therefore, I’m blessed evermore, living transcendently over and above sickness, disease, Satan and circumstances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Psalm 19:7
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

2 Corinthians 3:18 AMPC
2 Corinthians 3:18
And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 8: 27-38- 9: 1- 13
Numbers 5- 6

Acts 22: 11- 30
Psalm 46- 49

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:53am On Mar 01, 2018

Desire Spiritual Growth

Thursday, March, 1st. 2018

Pastor Chris

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ (Ephesians 4:14-15).

Some people have been Christians for many years, but they haven’t grown spiritually. Some aren’t even aware of the reality and necessity of spiritual growth. The Bible says, “Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby” (1 Peter 2:1-2). This is God’s desire for you; He wants you to grow in fellowship with Him and in the things of the Spirit.

The latter part of our opening text says, “But speaking
the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ.” This is God’s purpose for you; He doesn’t want you tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine. He wants you stable, mature, and established in the faith.

Spiritual growth is like the growth of a newborn baby that has to go through several stages before coming to adulthood. It’s exciting to see the baby take its first feeble steps, make expressions, and attempt to hold things. It’s even more thrilling when the baby is eventually able to walk and run around, even though at first, with wobbling steps. In all of these phases, growth is progressive, and that’s the reason for the excitement.

It’s the same thing spiritually. When you’re growing spiritually, you’d notice you’re able to take charge of your life; you don’t need somebody to deal with the devil for you; you’re able to put him where he belongs by exercising your dominion in Christ! You’ve learnt the Word; you’re in charge and in control of your life. You can tame circumstances. That’s how it should be.

Desire more of God; desire more of His Word, for the Word of God is God. Feeding on the Word is the only means you can grow spiritually, and live the transcendent life in Christ. “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue” (2 Peter 1:3).

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the working of your Word in my life. My growth in life is evident and consistent, because I’m connected to my source—the Word—in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Peter 2:1-2 AMPC
1. SO BE done with every trace of wickedness (depravity, malignity) and all deceit and insincerity (pretense, hypocrisy) and grudges (envy, jealousy) and slander and evil speaking of every kind.
2. Like newborn babies you should crave (thirst for, earnestly desire) the pure (unadulterated) spiritual milk, that by it you may be nurtured and grow unto [completed] salvation,

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 9: 14- 32
Numbers 7- 8

Acts 23: 1- 10
Psalm 50- 51

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 8:03am On Mar 02, 2018

The Light Of God In Your Spirit

Friday, March, 2nd, 2018

Pastor Chris

The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly (Proverbs 20:27).

You can never know God except from your spirit; that’s where His light shines. His Word is His light (Psalm 119:105). Job 18:5-6 reveals something interesting. It says, “Yea, the light of the wicked shall be put out, and the spark of his fire shall not shine. The light shall be dark in his tabernacle, and his candle shall be put out with him .” The wicked here refers to someone who’s non-conforming to the Word; it’s the description of a man or woman who’s rebellious against the Word of God—deliberately or indirectly.

For such a person’s lamp to be put out means it was on before, which means he’s someone who had been given the light of God’s Word and he rejected it; he turned away from God. Some people are that way; they forget God; they’ve closed their hearts—their spirits—to His Word. I’m not talking about the heathen; the heathen doesn’t have light at all, and never had it.

Nevertheless, for such people who never had the light of God or whose light has been put out, all they need is to receive the light of God’s Word into their spirits. Psalm 119:130 says, “The entrance of thy words giveth light....” God’s Word brings illumination to your spirit and gives you insight into reality.

Notice that the scripture doesn’t say God’s Word gives light; rather, it’s the entrance of God’s Word that gives light; entrance where? Your spirit! The Word has to gain entrance into your spirit to produce results. Suddenly, you’re awakened to spiritual realities; your path is flooded with light; darkness and negative circumstances are dispelled, and God’s glory and His abundant provisions become real to you.

In Psalm 18:28, the psalmist said, “For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.” We read that the spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, thus the entrance of His Word into the spirit (candle) of the one whose light is out, will give him light. If he’d open his spirit to the Word, the storms of life will no longer obscure his vision.

Fill your heart with the Word. Make it your compass for navigating through the storms of life.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the light of your Word that lightens my heart, enlightening my life. I function in, and by the precision of the Spirit, because I see with your light, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Ephesians 1:17-19 AMPC
17. [For I always pray to] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of Him,
18. By having the eyes of your heart flooded with light, so that you can know and understand the hope to which He has called you, and how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints (His set-apart ones),
19. And [so that you can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength,

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 9: 33- 50
Numbers 9- 10

Acts 23: 11 - 21
Psalm 52- 54

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 7:32am On Mar 03, 2018

The Life Of Christ In You

Saturday, March, 3rd, 2018

Pastor Chris

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life (1 John 5:11-12).

There’re those who don’t think there’s any difference between Christianity and the religions of the world, and they’re so wrong. Christianity is beyond religion; it’s the pulsating life of Christ in a human person. It’s the outworking of divinity in humanity. It’s the revelation of Christ in you.

The real essence of Christianity is the fact that Christ Jesus literally lives in your spirit by the Holy Spirit; the presence of God literally dwells in you. This was man’s craving from the very beginning; man craved a relationship with the divine and that’s the reason for all the religions of the world: man seeking a relationship with this supernatural being he believes is out there even though he’s never met him.

But that’s why Jesus came: to make fellowship and relationship with God a possibility, and He achieved it. Through that fellowship, we were given eternal life; the life and nature of God was imparted to the spirit of the man who received Christ. Now, He (Jesus) told us to preach the Gospel and tell the whole world that eternal life is available in His
Name.

He said in John 10:10 (NIV), “The thief comes only to
steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” The Christ-life in its fullness is what you received when you received Jesus as Lord of your life. The Bible says in Colossians 3:4 that Christ is our life; He’s the life of the one who’s born again. What a Gospel!

This is what He wants us to preach and teach around the world: Christ in you, the hope of glory! Now, a relationship with Almighty God is possible; righteousness is possible and available. All it takes is to believe: “...whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life” (John 3:15).

PRAYER
I’m born of God, and Christ lives in me by the Holy Spirit. The life of God and His righteousness have been imparted to my spirit; I have God’s nature of righteousness and His life flows through my being. I’m a witness for Christ, producing fruits of righteousness, and revealing His glory to my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

John 3:14-15
14: And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15. That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Colossians 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 10: 1- 31
Numbers 11-13

Acts 23: 22- 35
Psalm 55

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:05am On Mar 04, 2018

SPIRITUAL AWARENESS .

Sunday, March 4th, 2018

Pastor Chris

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints (Ephesians 1:17-18).

The word, “know” in our opening text is the Greek “eido.” It means, “To become aware.” God wants you to become aware of the hope of His calling in your life, and the inheritance He’s made available to you in Him.

1 John 5:13 (NIV) says, “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. “God wants you to know you have eternal life in your spirit now. When you’re aware of it, you’re going to live and act accordingly. It’s part of growth—learning about the things of God—knowing where you are, and who you are in Him.

Eternal life is the life and nature of God, which you receive at the new birth: “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life “ (1 John 5:11-12). Are you aware that you have eternal life? Has it dawned on you that you’re an associate of the God-kind? You may not feel it in your body that you’ve received the life of God; that’s because eternal life is in your spirit and not your physical body, and your consciousness of it will affect the way you live.

You’re not ordinary; the life in you is incorruptible, making you excellent and full of glory. God wants you to come to the active knowledge of this truth.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for eternal life that’s in my spirit. I live and function with the consciousness that I’m an associate of the God-kind. Nothing is impossible to me, for as Christ is, so am I in this world. I’m healthy and strong, strengthened with might by God’s Spirit in my inner man, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

John 17:2-3
2. As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Corinthians 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 10: 32- 52
Numbers 14- 15

Acts 24: 1- 9
Psalm 56

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:40am On Mar 05, 2018

Don’t Live Without God

Monday, March, 5th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12).

Our opening scripture describes the state of the unregenerate man. It’s the most terrible thing for a man to live without God! How deplorable! Who wants to
keep living like that?

Ephesians 4:17-18 says, “This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart.” Those referred to here are the heathen; those who don’t know God. They may be religious but their spirit is in darkness; their understanding is darkened, because the light of God isn’t in their spirit. What hopelessness to be alienated from the life of God!

This is why we must be passionate about preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, letting men know what Jesus came to do. He came to give us life (John 10:10). In John 3:3, He said, “...Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” If you’ve not been born again, make the decision today to make Jesus the Lord of your life. Don’t live one more day without God.
The Bible says in Romans 10:9, “...if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” That’s how simple and quick it is to be born again. Once you make that proclamation of the Lordship of Jesus, instantly, eternal life is imparted to your spirit. You’re at once brought into oneness with God; you’re straightaway transferred from this present world of darkness and turmoil, into the glorious liberty of the sons gof God. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your life in me. I’m so grateful for your grace and wisdom at work in me. Now, more than ever, I’m passionate about preaching the Gospel and bringing men and women out of darkness into your marvelous light, into a living relationship with the resurrected Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Matthew 16:24-26
24: Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

John 15:5-6
5. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Mark 16:15-16
15. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 11: 1- 26
Numbers 16- 17

Acts 24: 10- 21
Psalm 57- 58

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 8:30am On Mar 06, 2018

The Word And Your Inheritance

Tuesday, March, 6th, 2018

Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

When the scripture says the Word is able to give you an inheritance, it means the Word is able to deliver the inheritance to you. Imagine that you have an inheritance and you can’t claim it, because you require some evidence; you require an attorney to go in on your behalf to present the right documentation that shows the inheritance is rightfully yours, before it’s given to you. The lawyer didn’t “give” you the inheritance, but he helped you get it. That’s what the Word does for you.

God already gave us the inheritance. The Bible tells us
we’re joint heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17). Now, because of Jesus, all things are yours. All of God’s resources belong to you, and through the Word of God, you can know and take possession of your inheritance. The Word informs, directs, and leads you in the blessings of God for your life.

Colossians 1:12 says, “Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light.” Study and meditate on the Word every day, for it’s the book of your inheritance. There’s no way of appropriating the blessings of God to your life except by the knowledge of the Word.

Your victory, success and prosperity are in the Word: “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success” (Joshua 1:cool.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you that through your Word, reality is unveiled to my spirit, causing me to walk in my inheritance in Christ. Your Word in my mouth prevails over circumstances, and activates your blessings in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Psalm 16:6
The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places;
yea, I have a goodly heritage.

2 Peter 1:3-4
3. According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4. Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

1 Corinthians 3:21
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 11: 27-12: 1- 17
Numbers 18- 19

Acts 24: 22- 27
Psalm 59- 60

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:34am On Mar 07, 2018

Life In The Word

Wednesday, March, 7th, 2018

Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

God’s Word doesn’t just give life, it’s life. Jesus said, “It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63). When you’re studying or listening to the Word, life is either imparted to your spirit, or your spirit is being built and educated. Only the Word of God has the ability to do this.

It makes no difference the predicament you’re in; all
you need is a word from God, because all of God’s power is wrapped up in His Word. Hebrews 4:12 (ASV) says, “For the word of God is living, and active...” ; that’s the reason it can transmit and impart life, for the Word of God is life in itself.

It doesn’t matter that you’ve been told your womb is dead and as a result you’ll never be able to conceive. With the Word, that womb will come back to life! It doesn’t matter that you were told you’ll never be able to walk again, due to paralysis; the Word will give life to your limbs! You might say, “Is it that simple?” Yes, it is! As long as you settle in your heart that the Word never fails, and you hinge your faith on it, it’ll rid you of all anomalies.

Remember the words of Jesus that we read; He said, “...the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63); and we’re like Him. The Bible says as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). When Jesus spoke to maimed limbs, they grew back. When He spoke to corpses, they came back to life, because He’s the Living Word; His words transmitted and imparted life, and we’re just like Him.

The Bible says, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever” (1 Peter 1:23). The Word gave birth to us, thus making us the Word in flesh, just like Jesus. No wonder Paul in 2 Corinthians 3:3 calls us the epistle of Christ.

Give life to the dead, and to hopeless situations with
your words.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the efficacy of your Word in my life. I’m born of your incorruptible Word; your Word is my life, and through the power of the Spirit, I impart and transmit life; I dispense your grace and goodness everywhere, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Proverbs 4:20-22

20. My son, attend to my words;
incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21. Let them not depart from thine eyes;
keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22. For they are life unto those that find them,
and health to all their flesh.

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 12: 18- 44
Numbers 20- 21

Acts 25: 1- 12
Psalm 61-64

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:05am On Mar 08, 2018

The Word Cleanses You

Thursday, March 8th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you (John 15:3).

The world today is full of all kinds of dirt, unbelief, fear and evil. Every time we’re in conversation with people, especially those who aren’t in the faith, they rub off some negativities on us. Every time we watch television, there’s something terrible and negative, something with some fear, and uncleanness in it. Wrong thoughts come to us as well, from which we have to cleanse ourselves.

How do we purify and cleanse ourselves from the dirt we contact from the world? It’s with the Word! God’s Word is the best cleansing agent. Jesus said to His disciples, “Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you,” as seen in our opening scripture.

This is one of the reasons it’s so important that you’re in the right church, where the Word is taught. Listening to the Word cleanses your soul. Even now, as you study the Word through this devotional, you’re being cleansed; there’s a purification taking place in your heart.

Give yourself to the Word of God. The Apostle Paul admonished in Colossians 3:16: “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”

God’s Word displaces unrighteousness from a man’s heart and replaces it with righteousness. It wipes out fear and replaces it with faith. The Word of God is a cleanser; it cleanses anyone who comes under its influence, power, and authority.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word is my daily meditation; therefore, I’m cleansed and purified at all times. I’m sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in my life, who causes me to walk in your perfect will, and in your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Isaiah 55:10-11
10. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
11. So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

2 Timothy 3:15-17
15. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17. That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 13: 1- 37
Numbers 22-23

Acts 25: 13- 27
Psalm 65- 66

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:03am On Mar 09, 2018

Light And Direction

Friday, March 9th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path (Psalm 119:105).

No one who knows and lives by God’s Word ever gets confused in life; the Word gives you light and direction. If you have the Word of God in you, you know where you’re going; your life has a meaning; your journey is forward and upward only, because God’s Word is a lamp that brightens your path, and a light that directs you.

Psalm 119:130 says, “The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.” David was saying this to God. No wonder he was so guided and led of God; he was an extraordinary success. During his reign as king over Israel, Israel never lost a battle except the one he wasn’t involved in. David knew how to consult with God and receive light and direction from the Spirit.

Don’t play the guessing game with your life; receive light and direction from the Lord, through His Word. Open your spirit to the Word. Meditate on the Holy Scriptures; that way, the Word will mingle with your spirit, giving you light. If the Word of God doesn’t enter into you, there’ll be no light in your spirit. Those who don’t have accurate knowledge of the Word of God can only plunge themselves into perpetual darkness.

The Bible describes the Word as “...the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world” (John 1:9). Without the Word of God, your decisions will be made in darkness, and the decisions that are made in darkness can only produce more darkness, making the person’s life a labyrinth of uncertainties, confusion, and utter frustration.

God has given you His Word to light up your path, and have light through the darkness. Jesus said, “...I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life” (John 8:12). Under that light, you don’t see shadows. Poverty, sickness, disease, death, failure or impossibilities are shadows; they don’t exist under the light of God.

PRAYER
The Word of God is in my heart; therefore, my heart is flooded with light; my path is continually lit. I walk in preordained pathways; therefore, none of my steps shall slide, neither do I walk in confusion, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Proverbs 20:27
The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord,
searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Matthew 6:22-23
22. The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
23. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

1 John 1:5-7
5. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 14: 1- 26
Numbers 24- 26

Acts 26: 1- 11
Psalm 67- 68

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:35am On Mar 10, 2018

Make Him Your Focus

Saturday, March 10th, 2018

Pastor Chris

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth (Colossians 3:1-2).

Christian perfection isn’t in the perfection of our works, but on the vision of Christ; you have to look at Him. 2 Corinthians 3:18 says, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”

The Word of God is the mirror of God, and Jesus is
the Word made flesh. As you behold Him in the Word, you’re changed from glory to glory. For example, Colossians 3:9-10 says, “Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him.” Notice that the reason you‘re not supposed to lie isn’t because of the command, “Thou shall not lie,” but because you’ve put on the new man which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Christ: that’s what you set your gaze on.

The way to set your gaze on Him isn’t as you would a picture on the wall, but through His Word in your heart, keeping your focus on the image and vision of who you are in Him and what He’s made you; that’s meditation. As you behold or contemplate the glory of God, you’re metamorphosed; you understand what it means to be in Him, and He in you.

When you recognize yourself in Him and He in you, all the struggles for perfection will be over, for in Him you’re complete; perfected! Glory to God!

PRAYER
Blessed Father, I thank you for your Word, which I receive into my heart with meekness and faith. As I meditate on it, I increase in grace, knowledge, and wisdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Colossians 2:9-10
9. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 14: 27- 52
Numbers 27- 28

Acts 26: 12- 23
Psalm 69 -70

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:15am On Mar 11, 2018

Faith: Your Shield Against The Enemy

Sunday, March 11th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked (Ephesians 6:16).

In Christianity, faith is our lifestyle. 2 Corinthians 5:7 says, “(For we walk by faith, not by sight).” Hebrews
11:6 says, “But without faith it is impossible to please him....”

Thus, when the scripture says to take up the shield of faith, it doesn’t mean there’s a particular spiritual shield called faith. Rather, it means your faith is a shield. With your faith, you’ll be able to neutralize or put out all the fiery darts of the wicked one. There’re fiery missiles directed at you, and they’re coming from demoniacal forces, but with your faith, you can put them out.

Discouragement and anger, for instance, are missiles
of the enemy. Some people could be by themselves and suddenly have anger and discouragement well up within them. Some suddenly feel something like a hard object hit them from the side, yet there was no physical object or person present; that’s a fiery dart of the enemy. For some others, it comes as a sharp pain that never goes away.

But thanks be unto God! These missiles or darts from the enemy are no match for your shield of faith. The Bible says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4). 1 John 5:4 says, “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”

Can you see that your faith is what you need? Faith in God’s Word puts you permanently over and above Satan and the circumstances of life. We’re not helpless as God’s people, neither are we vulnerable to the wiles of the enemy. It’s the reason we can count it all joy when we go through diverse tests: we have what it takes to go through the fire and not be burnt, and go through the waters and not drown. You have everything you require to be a success and win at all times.

Refuse to give up, no matter what happens. Stand your ground on God’s Word, and your victory will be as sure as the Word of God is.

PRAYER
My faith is alive and prevails today. No weapon of the enemy fashioned against me can prosper, because I dwell in the pavilion and safety of the Most High, soaring on the wings of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

2 Timothy 3:12
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

James 1:2-4
2. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Romans 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 14: 53- 72
Numbers 2 9 - 31

Acts 26: 24- 31
Psalm 71- 72

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:51am On Mar 12, 2018

Do All Things In His Name

Monday, March 12th, 2018

Pastor Chris

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him (Colossians 3:17).

In our opening text, the Apostle Paul was referring to the instrumentality of the Name of Jesus; using the Name of Jesus as an instrument, as a weapon, the way you’d use a knife or any weapon. Imagine what your life would be like if you lived every day, doing all things in the Name of Jesus!

Imagine that all your projects were started in the Name of Jesus! Imagine coming into your office every day, declaring, “I come in the Name of Jesus!” It immediately takes away every form of limitation. What a life of success and glory that is!

The Word is clear: you can do anything in the Name of Jesus as long as it brings the Father glory. If you’d live this way, there’d be no fear in your life; you wouldn’t go to bed at night wondering what might happen to you, because you’re living for Him—in His authority. Nothing compares to that; it’s the way to live the supernatural Christian life.

If there’s a tumour in your body, for example, use the Name of Jesus as an instrument against it. Say, “Tumour, in the Name of Jesus, you can’t stay in this body; I cut you out,” and it’ll go! If you had a problem with your heart, command it to function normally, in the Name of Jesus. If you’ve been having trouble at work, command the storm to cease, in the Name of Jesus.

His Name is the solution to every problem; it’s the way out of every quagmire. Even now, declare, “In the Name of the Lord Jesus, I have the wisdom to function and deal excellently, to answer questions, and solve problems. I do the right thing at the right time, in the right way for the right purpose.” Blessed be God!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for every hindrance has been taken away from my path, in the Name of Jesus. I walk the path of success, victory, and triumph, because I function, and do all things in the Name of Jesus. I’m in good health, and at the top of my game. My life is for glory and excellence, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Acts 3:2-7 & 16
2. And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
3. Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms. 4. And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
5. And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
6. Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
7. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
16. And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

John 14:13
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Philippians 2:9-11
9. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 15: 1- 20
Numbers 32- 33

Acts 27: 1- 8
Psalm 73

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:12am On Mar 13, 2018

Be Blessings Conscious

Tuesday, March 13th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them, The LORD bless thee, and keep thee (Numbers 6:23-24).

As Christians, we’ve been called to a life of blessings; we’re to walk in blessings, speak and manifest blessings every day and everywhere. Imagine walking into your home, office, classroom, or board meeting, speaking blessings! The Bible adjures us to render blessings, for that’s our calling (1 Peter 3:9).

It’s like what the Lord said to Aaron and his sons, the priests. He commanded them to pronounce blessings on the children of Israel, even though the children of Israel were His own people. The Jews today are inarguably some of the most successful people in the world, because of their consciousness of the blessings of God. They teach their children, and their children’s children to speak blessings, and be conscious of blessings.

The blessings upon the Jews are, however, not as glorious as the blessings upon the Church—the new creation. Yet, because not many in the Church have been adequately taught how to bless and receive blessings, we haven’t seen much results in this regard. For example, when we say to someone, “God bless you.” To some people, it’s a mere religious platitude that doesn’t mean much. However, to the spiritually enlightened, it’s an invocation of something supernatural.

Why would God instruct Aaron and his sons to bless the children of Israel, who were already a blessed people? It’s because the pronouncement of blessings activates the power for the blessings to work. He told the priests what to say in pronouncing blessings on the people; it’s in Numbers 6:24-27; study and meditate on it. Even today, they still speak those words of blessings. Now you understand why anything they do prospers.

In your life, be blessings conscious. When you’re in Church, for example, and the minister of God stretches forth his hands or pronounces blessings, receive with your spirit. Blessings flow through our hands and from our words. The words of blessings spoken into your life have power; they actually guide your life and lead you in the path that God wants you to go.

PRAYER
I’m Abraham’s seed and his blessings rest on me. I’m like a tree by the stream, well-watered and ever flourishing, bearing fruits of righteousness. Truly, the lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places and I live in prosperity and victory every day. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Philemon 1:6
That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Deuteronomy 28:3-13
3. Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4. Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5. Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store. 6. Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
7. The Lord shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
8. The Lord shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
9. The Lord shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the Lord thy God, and walk in his ways.
10. And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the Lord; and they shall be afraid of thee.
11. And the Lord shall make I thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
12. The Lord shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
13. And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 15: 21- 47
Numbers 34- 36

Acts 27: 9 - 20
Psalm 74

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:11am On Mar 14, 2018

A Strong Desire

Wednesday, March 14th, 2018

Pastor Chris

When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole (Mark 5:27-28).

The Bible tells us of the woman with the issue of blood who, having suffered for twelve long years, made up her mind to receive a miracle. Compelled by her desire, she pressed through a huge crowd to get to Jesus, defying the injunction that forbade her from having physical contact with other people.

According to the custom of the Jews, the haemorrhage
she suffered made her unclean; therefore, she stood the risk of being stoned to death if found in public, let alone touching other people. Her desire for freedom, for her healing, pushed her to brave the odds (Mark 5:24-29).

Likewise, until Hannah became desperate for a child, and made up her mind for a miracle, nothing happened. For many years, she maintained the status quo, until she decided she must have a miracle. She went into the house of the Lord, fell on her face before God and prayed until she prevailed.
How strong is your desire to change your financial status?

How strong is your desire to change your health status? How compelling is your desire to move to the next level? How strong is your desire to experience the supernatural in your spiritual life, in your ministry, in your academics, business or career?

We all want to see growth and make progress; everyone of us wants to heap success upon success, but not many are ready to brave the odds and do the needful. Growth in any area requires very simple and basic principles that aren’t negotiable. One of such is a strong compelling desire. Let your desire be strong enough to compel you to take the right and necessary actions.

PRAYER
Dear Lord, I thank you for the glorious Gospel of your Kingdom, which is committed to my trust. With all fervency and urgency, I preach the Gospel of righteousness, braving all odds to ensure your righteousness is established in the earth and in the hearts of men, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

James 5:16-18
16. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. 17. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.
18. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

Mark 5:25-34
25. And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,
26. And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
27. When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.
28. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. 29. And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. 30. And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?
31. And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
32. And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.
33. But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. 34. And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Mark 16: 1- 20
Deuteronomy 1- 2

Acts 27: 21- 31
Psalm 75 - 77

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

DIG Haruna's Tragic Death Prophesied By?? Guess?? TB Joshua! / 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services / Preaching In The Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 288
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.