Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire (10848 Views)

Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 11, 2018
This is why Christianity is so wrong, it permits sin !!

Sin as much as you want and the blood of Jesus will atone for your present sins, past sins and future sins.
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 11, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Bro, the gospel of grace is the gospel of humility. God receives all the credit and the believer receives nothing in terms of credit and praise...

Only the prideful in heart will reject the message of grace.

Well spoken sir, only the proud in heart does not acknowledge grace..

While it is true that grace abounds one has to acknowledge grace for it to manifest. yes his grace us available to all men, but not all men have made themselves available to grace...

some out of pride, some feel they can achieve it all by themselves, but without grace its always a life disgrace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 11, 2018
nairalanduseles:
sin and grace na just mere words..........naija is in crisis ppl neva chop una dey go church still ....yeye
Leave em alone b4 they start calling you Antichrist, there's no point arguing with them.
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by djon78(m): 11:04am On Feb 11, 2018
toobusy:
Does this actually means that God takes more notice and favour his sinful children than the good ones,i don't understand,

First of all we need to get to understand who God is and also the retched nature of man. Romans 3 Vs 23 said that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Every man, all have sinned. As a result of Adams disobedience, humanity was sold into sin.

In Isaiah 64 Vs 6 states that the righteousness of man is like a filthy rags. See there is not even one good in man, be it pope, GO etc.
The only saving grace for man is Jesus Christ God's Son, who took the form of man, and as a lamb of sacrifice, was offered up for the Sin of entries mankind.

God judged the sin of the entire world on Jesus when He hung on the cross of Calvary.

That's why in 2corinthians 5 Vs 19,God does not input the sins of the world again, because Jesus became Sin, and God is calling the world to be reconciled to Him. But will the world listen.

God's nature is holiness, mercy and grace. It is God's mercy and grace that withholds God's judgement on the Wicked because He did not want anyone to perish. God's grace and mercy reveals us to Gods greatest nature which is Love. Agape, God's kind of love. God's love is beyond man, man can't even fathom it because man is selfish by nature. And the major problem why our world is messed up is because of man's selfishness.

Read 1corinthians 13, that chapter emphasizes on God's love. And men will never know the gravity of the Love God has for man till when they go to the other side of eternity, and by then it will be too late for many, because when they man dies and then realize how much he was Loved by God and rejected this love, expressed in Jesus Christ, then they will go into eternity gnashing their teeth in regret.

That is why the best thing that will happen to any man alive is to fall in love with God, fall in love with Jesus Christ. Better discover this love now and live in it.

When it comes to sin, believers still struggle with sin, because we are still carrying the body of sin. That is why as a Christian, daily fellowship with God in studying His word and prayers will fortify you as a believer while still in the flesh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 11:12am On Feb 11, 2018
Bhol28:
Please,are we trying to encourage sin here.Some of us here, like me,are new believers growing daily in the Words and to my own understanding peter was mentioned by the angels may be because he had denied Christ.Well the Op might be right by saying he enjoyed an uncommon favour there.But are we not really encouraging sin here.
No, we are not trying to encourage sin. We are trying to preach the gospel as it is. Where sun abounds grace did much more abound so that as sin brought death so should grace bring everlasting life. We should not sin on that account, knowing it is not the will of God for us.
We do not encourage sin through preaching grace rather we are able to live above sin when we know grace. Romans 3:31.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by vicardino(m): 11:15am On Feb 11, 2018
Can we have this discussion together? I'd love to . Christianity isn't a religion, it isn't. It's a way of life.
lucreziaborgia:
I believe in God, I believe in Jesus Christ but I'm not a Christian. I'm tired of this religion bullshit, I believe in being a good person, I try my best to be fair and to help others in need.
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 11:16am On Feb 11, 2018
toobusy:
Does this actually means that God takes more notice and favour his sinful children than the good ones,i don't understand,
Please try reading the book of Romans, Galatians and Hebrews, by His grace, you will understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 11:19am On Feb 11, 2018
frosbel2:

Sin as much as you want and the blood of Jesus will atone for your present sins, past sins and future sins.

Glory to God!
Your true nature is revealed.
You have shown what you have been fighting, not Calvinism, but Christianity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 11, 2018
5solas:

Glory to God!
Your true nature is revealed.
You have shown what you have been fighting, not Calvinism, but Christianity!

Indeed, Jesus was not a Christian, he was a JEW.

Christianity is the worship of the SUN God, the same religion of PAGAN ROME.

That is why your worship day is called SUNday.
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 11:26am On Feb 11, 2018
frosbel2:

Shows how poor your understanding of the Bible is.
Read the Bible and for now be content with being taught!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 11:28am On Feb 11, 2018
jiggaz:
Hello
Hi. grin
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by vicardino(m): 11:37am On Feb 11, 2018
Bro, you remember the story of the woman caught in adultery? John 8? By the law, she was to be stoned to death,, by the law. But grace didn't see her as someone condemned to death yet, grace saw her as someone worthy of a second chance. In law, we have accusers while in grace, we have an advocate, the law condemns but the grace saves. Satan uses the letters of the law to finish and completely kill some sons of God. In your daily work with God, have you ever fallen and a spirit is constantly reminding you of your place as a fallen child of God? Reminding you of what you did, how you disappointed God and you get soaked in this thought till you see yourself as an unworthy fellow, not even fit to be a child of God, you can't stand up to issues by faith again, your prayer life is dying and all. That's what satan uses the law to do. But remember this, 1 john 2:1 "My little children, these things I write unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an ADVOCATE with the father (who is to judge), JESUS CHRIST the righteous. The words in ()are mine. The first charge is "SIN NOT" and the grace is "even if you sin cos it's practically impossible not to sin by human effort, then we have an ADVOCATE to defend you before God based on the strength of his righteousness. Bro, sin (ambiguous) isn't being promoted but demoted. Let's embrace grace of God and strive to live Holy. The grace is what brought you to Christ in the first place. But the grace ends the day a man dies.

I believe you know that this grace can be abused. You don't sleep with girls at will or under the influence of whatever and say grace is there to cover you o. You don't kill or deliberately do some unholy shit and you are banking on the grace,,, nah oyo be ur second name o.
Bhol28:
Please,are we trying to encourage sin here.Some of us here, like me,are new believers growing daily in the Words and to my own understanding peter was mentioned by the angels may be because he had denied Christ.Well the Op might be right by saying he enjoyed an uncommon favour there.But are we not really encouraging sin here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:53am On Feb 11, 2018
strenghtofawoman:

Well spoken sir, only the proud in heart does not acknowledge grace..

While it is true that grace abounds one has to acknowledge grace for it to manifest. yes his grace us available to all men, but not all men have made themselves available to grace...

some out of pride, some feel they can achieve it all by themselves, but without grace its always a life disgrace

Well said. More grace bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
jaxxy:

The law is put as check and balance. Breaking certain laws there can be consequences from God and even man bt simply fufilling the law can not save u. In fact we cannot even fulfil the whole laws. Hence we need grace and faith and God gave us that through his son. The word of God is True wisdom! I love it

He gave Salvation through Jesus that not one may receive the gift of Forgiveness and the Grace of God but only through Jesus Christ. The Law is past it is not meant for the saved. you cannot keep the law and be covered by grace. choose one and not both, it is worldly wisdom to think that we can interpret God's words any different than he spoke it

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by bloodofthelamb(m): 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
frosbel2:

You are wrong grace destroys the power of sin and render it useless.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by jaxxy(m): 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

He gave Salvation through Jesus that not one may receive the gift of Forgiveness and the Grace of God but only through Jesus Christ. The Law is past it is not meant for the saved. you cannot keep the law and be covered by grace. choose one and not both, it is worldly wisdom to think that we can interpret God's words any different than he spoke it

The law exist so don't think u can wave it off. It doesn't mean u are under the law.
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by tsnsamuel(m): 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
5solas:

This is awesome!

Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Romans 6:1.
This is the verse thrown at you when you try to preach grace by those who are uncomfortable with it and see preaching grace as encouraging sin. It is not necessarily so.It should be preached and not abused. Grace abounds when we sin, but must we sin on that account, knowing God does not want us to? This is what Romans 6:1 is saying. It flows directly from 5:20
And we do not set aside the law when we preach grace or insist that salvation comes by faith alone, rather it is when we have faith that we are able to keep the law. 3:31. Not to be saved thereby though. Gal. 2:16,21; Hebrews 7:11.

Ephesians 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
But yet nonetheless these gifts are differently and variously divided according to his will and pleasure, and therefore every man ought to be content with that measure that God has given him.
bearing in mind that one can't quantify the measure of grace u have, it's better to take that mentality of the more you sin, the more the grace available to you away from ur mind, cos one doesn't know wen the grace will expire.
It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. The spirit of God does not live in a dirty vessel, the more you sin, the more you get comfortable with it, and the more difficult it is to trace ur step back to God. Beware

1 Like

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by adegeye38(m): 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
There is no need to twist the scripures to sooth any devilish agenda the entire Christian experience is 100% clear wen it comes to the issue of sin

the bible says shall we continue in sin, cos grace abounds, God forbid

The wages of sin is death

he that sins of the devil

The soul that sinneth shall die

righteousness exalts a nation
and so on and so forth

how can Jesus encourage to continue in the same sin he died to save u from, does that make any sense

God and sin cannot go together

The major identity of the devil is destruction and his tool his sin

Thats why God has provided everything needed for a believer to obtain victory over sin

His Son, His word, His spirit and Himself

2 Likes

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
jaxxy:

The law exist so don't think u can wave it off. It doesn't mean u are under the law.

Yes it exists.. Jesus did not come to do away with it, he came to fulfill it. what i am very sensitive to is when people, religious or not decide to tell you what God actually wanted to say or what he meant by saying something as simple as an instruction a child would understand
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by Aposteli1(m): 1:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
It truth most be told. The grace of God is not for us to continue in Sin. As it's stated clearly in Romans 6:1, The grace of God is for us to live a holy life in order to run the race that is set before Us. God never created man as a Robot. If we are to be Sons of God there's a basic primciple that we have to follow. John 15:14 Jesus Christ says " You are my friends if you do what I command". Furthermore,Apostle Paul through the help of Holy Spirit let Us to know that We (Christians) are a Living Sacrifice and we must live a Holy/Sacrificial Life(Romans 12:1-cool. Brethrens,let us create time to study our Bible and Run away from false Preachers encouraging Sin all in the name of Grace. (Mark 13:3-9). We can live a Holy life,we must live a holy life because that is our MANDATE. Let's preach the Gospel of Christ as we received it From Jesus Christ himself and the Apostles ( The early Church). The Word of God can't be outdated don"t try to update it.
God will uphold Us in Jesus name.......Shalom!!

2 Likes

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by Charlesdock(m): 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
vicardino:
Can we have this discussion together? I'd love to . Christianity isn't a religion, it isn't. It's a way of life.
James 1:27

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by vicardino(m): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
Omo ibadan, better not to quote the scripture than to quote it out of context to fit your devilish and witchcraft belief. That's a religion, not Christianity. So, Christianity to you is just all about visiting orphans and widows in their distress and not being polluted? Show me the work of Christ in that. What kinda christians are churches breeding nowadays? By the way, how many orphanages and widows have you helped? Read from verse 26 & even the verse 27 you quoted, I might need a day to interpret it for you.
Charlesdock:

James 1:27

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by femi4: 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
lucreziaborgia:
I believe in God, I believe in Jesus Christ but I'm not a Christian. I'm tired of this religion bullshit, I believe in being a good person, I try my best to be fair and to help others in need.
Christian means Christ like not religion. Don't confuse yourself. Man started religion, there is no religion in the Bible.

Jesus said:

Matthew 16:24-26
Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by femi4: 3:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
frosbel2:

For all have sinned, nobody was exempted.

In iniquity did my mother conceive me.

Without grace, you are doomed even before you start.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
femi4:
For all have sinned, nobody was exempted. Without grace, you are doomed even before you start.

If you SIN, you will die, no grace will save you !!!

1 Like

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by femi4: 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
frosbel2:

If you SIN, you will die, no grace will save you !!!
The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through (grace = Christ Jesus our Lord) ROM 6:23

Always read the Scriptures in full

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
femi4:
The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through (grace = Christ Jesus our Lord) ROM 6:23

Always read the Scriptures in full

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him - Ezekiel 18:20

1 Like

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by femi4: 3:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
frosbel2:

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him - Ezekiel 18:20
You quoted Ezekiel, before the dispensation of grace. Haba, I expected you to know better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 3:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
djon78:

First of all we need to get to understand who God is and also the retched nature of man. Romans 3 Vs 23 said that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Every man, all have sinned. As a result of Adams disobedience, humanity was sold into sin.

In Isaiah 64 Vs 6 states that the righteousness of man is like a filthy rags. See there is not even one good in man, be it pope, GO etc.
The only saving grace for man is Jesus Christ God's Son, who took the form of man, and as a lamb of sacrifice, was offered up for the Sin of entries mankind.

God judged the sin of the entire world on Jesus when He hung on the cross of Calvary.

That's why in 2corinthians 5 Vs 19,God does not input the sins of the world again, because Jesus became Sin, and God is calling the world to be reconciled to Him. But will the world listen.

God's nature is holiness, mercy and grace. It is God's mercy and grace that withholds God's judgement on the Wicked because He did not want anyone to perish. God's grace and mercy reveals us to Gods greatest nature which is Love. Agape, God's kind of love. God's love is beyond man, man can't even fathom it because man is selfish by nature. And the major problem why our world is messed up is because of man's selfishness.

Read 1corinthians 13, that chapter emphasizes on God's love. And men will never know the gravity of the Love God has for man till when they go to the other side of eternity, and by then it will be too late for many, because when they man dies and then realize how much he was Loved by God and rejected this love, expressed in Jesus Christ, then they will go into eternity gnashing their teeth in regret.

That is why the best thing that will happen to any man alive is to fall in love with God, fall in love with Jesus Christ. Better discover this love now and live in it.

When it comes to sin, believers still struggle with sin, because we are still carrying the body of sin. That is why as a Christian, daily fellowship with God in studying His word and prayers will fortify you as a believer while still in the flesh.
Beautiful explanation... Thank you.
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
5solas:

No, we are not trying to encourage sin. We are trying to preach the gospel as it is. Where sun abounds grace did much more abound so that as sin brought death so should grace bring everlasting life. We should not sin on that account, knowing it is not the will of God for us.
We do not encourage sin through preaching grace rather we are able to live above sin when we know grace. Romans 3:31.
Beautiful explanation. Thank u bro.

1 Like

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
5solas:

Hi. grin
Hia... Lol

1 Like

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by orisa37: 4:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
Let us all start praying that The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with Mr. President to stop infiltrating the South with Fulani Herdsmen migrants.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! / Dr Myles Munroe Spoke About His Death, Before The Plane Crash. / Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.