Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo (113888 Views)

Boy Who Photobombed Traditional Wedding Photo Has Been Found / Traditional Wedding Photo Of Davido And Kim Kardashian (Photoshopped) / Juliet Ibrahim Weds Iceberg Slim (Court Wedding Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by MA23: 2:02am On Jan 14, 2018
Kingx4sure:
Wow! Congrats to them. Have known both of them of NTA right from when I was in Zaria years ago. Didn't know Elizabeth Banu was single. Such an epitome of beauty back then
Wow,you been to zaria, I was born in zaria, I knew him also in zaria, when no station to watch , we must watxh the news
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 2:06am On Jan 14, 2018
Ishilove:

Anybody born in the 80s knows Frank Olize

Frank Olize first became famous c1983 when he went on the streets to ask people "Who is the common man?"

There was an economic crisis beginning c1982 and people were always talking about how it affected "the common man", so he went on the streets to ask who is this "common man" that everybody is talking about.

He became known for asking such funny questions on the Network News

In the 1990s he took over as host of Newsline from Patrick Oke and Yinka Craig (who had started the show in 1989).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 2:09am On Jan 14, 2018
Ishilove:

We are many. grin

I fell in love with Tokunbo Ajayi and her huge glasses, and Ruth Benemisia-Opia, as well as Eugenia Abu and Frank Olize

Do you know Funmi Odubekun, Waheed Olagunju, John Momoh, Hauwa Baba-Ahmed, Ronke Ayuba, Joan Odwyer, Elizabeth Nze, Sienne Alwell-Brown, Patrick Oke, Donald Ovberedjo and Segun Aderiye?

5 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by laudate: 2:12am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:
In 1989 Cyril Stober got married to Winifred Efunsheke Merriman-Johnson. She was a duty continuity announcer on NTA 2 Channel 5. I remember how Patrick Oke and Yinka Craig teased Cyril Stober about her.

Yinka Craig and Patrick Oke presented Newsline in 1989 and they often introduced Cyril Stober as "Cyril, Your Reach Out, Stober" (NTA 2 Channel 5's nickname was "Your Reach Out Station" ).

Efunsheke Merriman- Johnson now lives in London.
Are they now divorced? Is that why he is marrying Elizabeth Banu?
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 2:18am On Jan 14, 2018
laudate:

Are they now divorced? Is that why he is marrying Elizabeth Banu?

I don't know if they got divorced, but she still bears his name. She's now known as Freddie Cyril-Stober.

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 2:20am On Jan 14, 2018
Ishilove:

We are many. grin

I fell in love with Tokunbo Ajayi and her huge glasses, and Ruth Benemisia-Opia, as well as Eugenia Abu and Frank Olize

Do you know Efunsheke Merriman-Johnson, Patrick Ugbe, Sola Adewunmi (and later on) Geena Ikpe?

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by laudate: 2:23am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:
Do you know Funmi Odubekun, Waheed Olagunju, John Momoh, Hauwa Baba-Ahmed, Ronke Ayuba, Joan Odwyer, Elizabeth Nze, Sienne Alwell-Brown, Patrick Oke and Segun Aderiye?
You forgot to add Kehinde Young-Harry, Chris Anyanwu, Danladi Bako, Ladan Salihu and the late Yinka Craig.

3 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 2:27am On Jan 14, 2018
laudate:

You forgot to add Kehinde Young-Harry, Chris Anyanwu, Danladi Bako and the late Yinka Craig.

That was a list of newscasters on the network news. I was composing a list of correspondents and people who anchored other news shows.

People like Lola Ogunbambi, Maudlyn Park (News Week before Chris Anyanwu took over the show), Mathews Otalike, Sele Eradiri, Jennifer Iwenjiora, Godfrey Odu, etc.

(Have you seen my list of continuity announcers on Channel 5?)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by laudate: 2:29am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:
That was a list of newscasters on the network news. I was composing a list of correspondents and people who anchored other news shows.

People like Lola Ogunbambi, Maudlyn Park (Newsline before Chris Anyanwu took over the show), Mathews Otalike, Sele Eradiri, Jennifer Iwenjiora, Godfrey Odu, etc.

(Have you seen my list of continuity announcers on Channel 5?)

No, I haven't seen your list. Please post the link to your list here, or tag me when it is completed. cheesy Even Abike Dabiri was on NTA too, wasn't she?? And Jennifer Iwenjiora was said to have married former VP Atiku Abubakar?
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 2:42am On Jan 14, 2018
laudate:

No, I haven't seen your list. Please post the link to your list here, or tag me when it is completed. cheesy Even Abike Dabiri was on NTA too, wasn't she?? And Jennifer Iwenjiora was said to have married former VP Atiku Abubakar?

Yes, Jennifer Iwenjiora is now known as Jammila Atiku-Abubakar. Abike Dabiri was a correspondent on Newsline, then she took over from Frank Olize as anchor of the show.

naptu2:

Do you know Efunsheke Merriman-Johnson, Patrick Ugbe, Sola Adewunmi (and later on) Geena Ikpe?

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by laudate: 2:49am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:
Yes, Jennifer Iwenjiora is now known as Jammila Atiku-Abubakar. Abike Dabiri was a correspondent on Newsline, then she took over from Frank Olize as anchor of the show.
Thanks, bro.' You are a goldmine of valuable information. Someone should actually do a documentary on NTA and its broadcasters, for posterity. Too many of them have left the system, and no one knows where they are anymore.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 3:54am On Jan 14, 2018
Here she is 29 years later. Efunsheke Cyril-Stober (Efunsheke Merriman-Johnson).

My favourite continuity announcer on NTA2 Channel 5 in the 1980s.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Mohito500: 4:35am On Jan 14, 2018
My name is Frank Olize, it is 9pm. Do you know where your children are?

I duff my hat for Aisha Bello (later Katung and back to Bello. We used to laugh at her for the name transformation), Eugenia Abu, Late Tokunbo Ajayi, Ruth Opia, Blossom Bobani, Sele Eradiri, Abike Dabiri and Modele Sharafa-Yusuf reporting from National Stadium always.

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by mechanics(m): 5:40am On Jan 14, 2018
What happened to his other wife? so he's the one my pastor do refer to that he made a positive mark which nobody has defeated in his secondary school days.

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by modupeleke(f): 6:00am On Jan 14, 2018
Congrats to them, Elizabeth will be on honeymoon, Fatima Abba Hassan will continue the news pls has Mohammed Kudu Abubakar retire?
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by wink2015(m): 6:07am On Jan 14, 2018
I AM SHOCKED TO LEARN THAT CYRIL STOBER IS A SIERRA LEONEAN. So he is an expartiate staff of NTA engaged under expartiate contract.

The federal government is so generous to a foreigner like him for the OVER LONG TIME that he has been engaged in NTA.

His generation includes the great FRANK OLIZE, and much later ABIKE DABIRI who is now a special assistant on foreign affairs matters to the Presidency.

Cyril Stober is a veteran broadcaster given the long period he had spent with the NTA

I initially thought he is a Nigerian man probably from Plateau state, Nassarawa state etc.

This is older couple who have been engaged in previous relationship either married and divorce or had never gotten any partner before after long of singleness getting married.

I think Cyril Stober will secure a NATURALISED CITIZENSHIP by his marriage to this NIGERIAN CO-BROADCASTER. He might feel that immigration might be out looking for his Sierra Leonan passport.
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by MediumStout(m): 6:55am On Jan 14, 2018
Ishilove:

Anybody born in the 80s knows Frank Olize

You're right. Matured response
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Ishilove: 7:10am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:

Wt...

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Ishilove: 7:12am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:

Do you know Funmi Odubekun, Waheed Olagunju, John Momoh, Hauwa Baba-Ahmed, Ronke Ayuba, Joan Odwyer, Elizabeth Nze, Sienne Alwell-Brown, Patrick Oke, Donald Ovberedjo and Segun Aderiye?
!!

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 7:12am On Jan 14, 2018
Ishilove:

Wt...

Is that Greek??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 7:13am On Jan 14, 2018
Ishilove:

!!

grin grin grin

I dare you to speak.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Ishilove: 7:13am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:

Is that Greek??
Lmao! You're trolling me abi? cheesy

Hokay. 1-0 angry
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Ishilove: 7:15am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:

grin grin grin

I dare you to speak.
Ehn, I know Hauwa Baba-Ahmed grin

As for the rest... look down

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Ishilove: 7:18am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:

Frank Olize first became famous c1983 when he went on the streets to ask people "Who is the common man?"

There was an economic crisis beginning c1982 and people were always talking about how it affected "the common man", so he went on the streets to ask who is this "common man" that everybody is talking about.

In the 1990s he took over as host of Newsline from Patrick Oke and Yinka Craig (who had started the show in 1989).
Walking Encyclopedia Thanks darling kiss
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 7:24am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:

Ishilove:

Wt...

These were all continuity announcers on NTA2 Channel 5 (back when we had "duty continuity announcers).

Efunsheke Merriman-Johnson was my favourite. She's from the Merriman-Johnson family of Lagos/Sierra Leone. She had absolutely perfect diction.

Patrick Ugbe was a baby-faced announcer on NTA2 Channel 5. He later became the Commissioner of Information in Cross River State (either in the Donald Duke administration or the military government before it). I hear that he is now the MD of a radio station in Cross River State.

Shola Adewunmi was also a continuity announcer on NTA2 Channel 5. He disappeared and reappeared on AIT in 1996 and then disappeared again.

Geena Ikpe is the youngest of them. She became a continuity announcer in 1990 or 1991. I think she still works at the NTA and her name is now Geena Udeme-Etuk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Ishilove: 7:27am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:

These were all continuity announcers on NTA2 Channel 5 (back when we had "duty continuity announcers).

Efunsheke Merriman-Johnson was my favourite. She's from the Merriman-Johnson family of Lagos/Sierra Leone. She had absolutely perfect diction.

Patrick Ugbe was a baby-faced announcer on NTA2 Channel 5. He later became the Commissioner of Information in Cross River State (either in the Donald Duke administration or the military government before it). I hear that he is now the MD of a radio station in Cross River State.

Shola Adewunmi was also a continuity announcer on NTA2 Channel 5. He disappeared and reappeared on AIT in 1996 and then disappeared again.

Geena Ikpe is the youngest of them. She became a continuity announcer in 1990 or 1991. I think she still works at the NTA and her name is now Geena Udeme-Etuk.
I remember Geena Ikpe!

Do you have her picture? It's so fuzzy...
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by BushWickBill: 7:28am On Jan 14, 2018
@naptu,
Well done o.
You be back in d days paddy.
You sabi.
This indomie/Davido/DSTv generation won't understand what it felt like to have to watch the news because your Social Studies marks depended on it.

How come no one is mentioning the glamour newscaster, Sienne Allwell-Brown?

I don't want to believe she went under the radar as you guys were reeling out the names from the golden era of Naija.
Fun
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 7:38am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:

Ishilove:

!!

These were all newscasters on the 9 o'clock news.

Funmi Odubekun read the news in the early 1980s. There was some kind of scandal or rumour about her in the mid-1980s, but I can't remember what it was about. She left NTA in the mid-1980s.

Waheed Olagunju was a sports correspondent in the early 1980s, then he started reading the news in the mid-1980s.

John Momoh was a newscaster in the 1980s, then he became the host of Tonight At 9 in 1990.

You said that you know Hauwa Baba-Ahmed.

Ronke Ayuba was a newscaster in the early and mid 1980s. She was married to the Minister of Communications, Colonel Tanko Ayuba. (I think she and Elizabeth Nze were the prettiest newscasters).

Joan O'dwyer read the news in the early 1980s. She now works at Channels Television.

Elizabeth Nze read the news in the 1980s and 1990s.

Sienne Alwell-Brown read the news in the 1980s and 1990s.

Patrick Oke read the news in the 1980s, then he and Yinka Craig (a former sportscaster) presented Newsline from 1989- c1993.

Donald (The Don) Ovberedjo read the news in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Segun Aderiye was State House correspondent in the early and mid 1980s, then he read the news in the late 1980s and early 1990s. He later moved to AIT.

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Suuuru: 8:02am On Jan 14, 2018
please,let me know if pretty women in press like this are still lying fallow. i want to marry more.
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 8:05am On Jan 14, 2018
BushWickBill:
@naptu,
Well done o.
You be back in d days paddy.
You sabi.
This indomie/Davido/DSTv generation won't understand what it felt like to have to watch the news because your Social Studies marks depended on it.

How come no one is mentioning the glamour newscaster, Sienne Allwell-Brown?

I don't want to believe she went under the radar as you guys were reeling out the names from the golden era of Naija.
Fun

She's one of the newscasters that I mentioned in my list.

naptu2:

She was also teased by Yinka Craig when she got married to Razak Lawal.

She presented the news on the Sunday after she got married. We were waiting to see if she would be introduced as Sienne Alwell-Brown or Sienne Lawal, but after beginning Newsline, Yinka Craig introduced her as Sienne All-Well-Wed.
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:

We used to follow newline religiously back then. We need people like Frank olize today. There was this episode where this white garment nutcase woman was claiming two girls were witches stopping their dads progress. She had burned the hands of one of them. Frank set her up well. There was the woman on national TV all pumped up saying yes I burnt her hands she is a witch. The next week she had been arrested, deflated and was denying burning the girls hands.
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 8:16am On Jan 14, 2018
oyb:

We used to follow newline religiously back then. We need people like Frank olize today. There was this episode where this white garment nutcase woman was claiming two girls were witches stopping their dads progress. She had burned the hands of one of them. Frank set her up well. There was the woman on national TV all pumped up saying yes I burnt her hands she is a witch. The next week she had been arrested, deflated and was denying burning the girls hands.

I remember that case very well. I often use it as an example to show people why it's sometimes absolutely necessary for the government to separate some children from their parents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Comedian Mercy Ada Jesus Is Dead / 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) / Odion Ighalo And Lilian Esoro Are Dating, His Wife Reacts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.