Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

I Still Have Presidential Ambitions – Gov Fayose - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Still Have Presidential Ambitions – Gov Fayose (306 Views)

China’s Myanmar Lessons For BRI Ambitions / Gov Fayose To VP Osinbajo: Stop Blaming Failure On Past Govts. / Gov. Fayose: Close Eksu Send Me The Keys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Still Have Presidential Ambitions – Gov Fayose by theJournalng(m): 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2018
The State Governor of Ekiti State, Mr Ayodele Fayose, has said that he is still in the race for the 2019 presidential election regardless of the fact the ticket was zoned to the North by the Peoples Democratic Party. He said he decided to take it slowly on his campaign because of the July 14, 2018 Ekiti governorship poll. He is to repeat a resounding victory against Dr. Kayode Fayemi, if he is picked as the candidate of the All Progressives Congress. Speaking on the protests of some distressed PDP aspirants that Fayose shouldn’t be allowed to meddle with the primary, the governor assured that the state had no role to play in the primary, saying it was the obligation of the Chief Uche Secondus led National Working Committee. The distressed PDP aspirants such as former Minister of Works, Prince Dayo Adeyeye; Senator Biodun Olujimi; Owoseeni Ajayi and Amb Dare Bejide had advised Secondus to prevent Fayose from playing any role in the primary, during a joint press conference on Monday. Fayose said, ‘I am still in the race for presidency. I am only waiting for the Ekiti governership election to hold so i can have the time,” while addressing public primary and secondary school teachers in an interactive session at the Government House in Ado Ekiti. ‘Though I am making contacts and reaching out to prominent men in the country, I do not have a role to play, only the NWC will present the delegates lists for them to elect the candidate. So I won’t obtrude despite my support for Prof Kolapo Olusola. He said, “I don’t regret supporting Olusola. If it were those people I had supported, they won’t be abusing me. But they remain our brothers and sisters and we are going to put our house in order at the right time so that we can be on the same page.” Fayose called on teachers to support Olusola the same way they supported him in the June 21, 2014 governorship election, where he defeated Fayemi. Fayose said, “Don’t vote for people that will come here and sack you. When your colleagues in Kaduna State were sacked, one of the APC leaders here in Ekiti lauded the decision saying it was the right step in the right direction, such a person is not good for Ekiti teachers I believe.”
source: journalng.com
https://journalng.com/2018/01/13/still-presidential-ambitions-gov-fayose/

(1) (Reply)

Chat With Friends And Connect With Love Once Now. / Secrets / Please Needed An Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.