₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,947,163 members, 4,036,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 January 2018 at 04:24 AM

Warning About Jumia - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Warning About Jumia (580 Views)

BUSINESS ALERT! Get N5,000,000 Doing This Business ....... Warning / Who Knows About Jumia Affiliate Payments / Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning About Jumia by nicerguy01: 11:10pm On Jan 13
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Jumia may enable you pay easily and deliver your item(s) BUT they have IMMENSE issues with return and refund.

I am a victim. I returned an item within 48 hours of delivery, on 1st December, 2017 and followed due process, however, Jumia is still treating the issue nonchalantly. The product has AT LEAST FIVE DEFECTS.

My experience has connected me with similar ex-customers who have been forced to keep the wrong items that were delivered to them in spite the efforts they made to return them and get refunded as PROMISED by Jumia.

There is more to this hell Jumia is putting me through.
Re: Warning About Jumia by delishpot: 11:21pm On Jan 13
sorry o.
Re: Warning About Jumia by ClitoPen: 11:48pm On Jan 13
someone you are looking at can scam you face to face and you are talking of online...na better game be that

They started this thrash the moment they terminated the option of pay on delivery
Re: Warning About Jumia by GMBuhari: 2:55am On Jan 14
I don't shop on Jumia
Re: Warning About Jumia by Raymondif: 8:15am On Jan 14
Shop with www.sellers.com.ng very fast in delivering and customers friendly they offer pay on delivery!
Re: Warning About Jumia by Xone3(f): 10:19am On Jan 14
ClitoPen:
someone you are looking at can scam you face to face and you are talking of online...na better game be that

They started this thrash the moment they terminated the option of pay on delivery

Konga terminated pay on delivery not Jumia. Jumia still offer pay on delivery except you're one customer that cancels his/her order anyhow.
Re: Warning About Jumia by kaywon: 10:43am On Jan 14
Xone3:

Konga terminated pay on delivery not Jumia. Jumia still offer pay on delivery except you're one customer that cancels his/her order anyhow.

Please stop saying what you don't know!!!
JUMIA stopped pay on delivery last year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning About Jumia by kaywon: 11:16am On Jan 14
@Op, your experience is even better than mine.
I placed order on 3 different items on JUMIA. About 2 days later, a friend drew my attention to the fact one of the orders indicated it was to be shipped in from the overseas, hence it'd take much longer. I immediately cancelled that order. Exact dates I placed those orders were November 11th, November 27th and December 15th, all of 2017.

The first order has not arrived as we speak and this is 2months already (something they promised to deliver in 10working days max). Annoying thing is having to waste your precious time with their answering machine. Meanwhile this is my first time trying JUMIA because that friend of mine urged me to.

The second order did arrived December 5th 2017 (8days after I placed the order). The refund and the first are nowhere to be seen. What their plans are, I can't explain!!
Re: Warning About Jumia by majekdom2: 6:03pm On Jan 14
I 'll always advice pay at pick up. You will always have the option of inspecting your products at the warehouse
Re: Warning About Jumia by ClitoPen: 8:16pm On Jan 14
Xone3:

Ok. Noted
Re: Warning About Jumia by adonismuller(m): 9:06pm On Jan 14
kaywon:

i received something today and it was pay on delivery. ...stop the lie
Re: Warning About Jumia by kaywon: 10:11pm On Jan 14
adonismuller:

i received something today and it was pay on delivery. ...stop the lie

what lie? That JUMIA's pay on delivery wasn't removed as at last November when I placed my orders??
Re: Warning About Jumia by kaywon: 10:29pm On Jan 14
I've not tried buying from them again. If they have restarted POD, good for you.
Re: Warning About Jumia by adonismuller(m): 6:29am On Jan 15
kaywon:

what lie? That JUMIA's pay on delivery wasn't removed as at last November when I placed my orders??
the lie is how you generalized it... ..items like clothings is pay on delivery..
Re: Warning About Jumia by fados4sure(m): 7:45am On Jan 15
kaywon:
I've not tried buying from them again. If they have restarted POD, good for you.
Jumia still offer pay on delivery & the reason why they probably may not be pay on delivery, are as follows:

1; The item is below #2500

2; The item is above #200000

3; You have too many failed delivery

4; The item is shipped from oversea
Re: Warning About Jumia by kaywon: 8:28am On Jan 15
adonismuller:
the lie is how you generalized it... ..items like clothings is pay on delivery..
if you say clothing, well let me not dispute. i didn't try clothing. But the item I tried buying had been POD shortly before November 2017. They probably removed the POD for the year ending rush period. I haven't checked again if they've restored it, I don't care to. Let them get me refunded
Re: Warning About Jumia by kaywon: 8:50am On Jan 15
fados4sure:

Jumia still offer pay on delivery & the reason why they probably may not be pay on delivery, are as follows:

1; The item is below #2500

2; The item is above #200000

3; You have too many failed delivery

4; The item is shipped from oversea

none of the 3 orders was
1. below #2500, or
2. above #200000

it was the one to be shipped from overseas that I cancelled and haven't been refunded for. The one I find more annoying is the first order (since November 11th) which I've been told nothing about, despite several attempt by me to reach their customer support. If it wasn't for the money already deducted from my account, would I ever worry myself?
Re: Warning About Jumia by Xone3(f): 8:51pm On Jan 17
kaywon:

I am a seller on jumia. I can authoritatively tell you that I know what I am saying. Maybe you are a troublesome customer. The type that orders an item and can't pay up when it is delivered or the rate at which you cancel your orders is alarming.

Know your facts before jumping.

1 Like

(0) (Reply)

A Nigerian Owned Company Named To Forbes Magazine’stop 400 / The Chance Of A Lifetime - Free! / Real Estate Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.