Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,458 members, 7,781,315 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:24 PM

El-zakzaky Speaks, Says I’m Fine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-zakzaky Speaks, Says I’m Fine (314 Views)

FG To Pardon Orji Kalu, Dariye, Nyame. Ignores El-Zakzaky - Sahara Reporters / Ambode Thanks Tinubu, Party Leaders, Says I’m Ready For The Primaries / Don’t Worry About My Health, I’m Fine – Buhari Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

El-zakzaky Speaks, Says I’m Fine by zakim(m): 8:32am On Jan 14, 2018
Leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN) also known as Shiite, Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, told journalists in Abuja yesterday that he is fine.

El-Zakzaky was recently rumoured to have died in custody of the Department of State Services (DSS) where he has been detained for about two years.

Text messages and WhatsApp messages were circulated alleging that El-Zakzaky died in custody caused by wounds suffered from gunshots during his arrest.

El-Zakzaky spoke to journalists’ yesterday afternoon at a safe facility in Abuja.

He reportedly walked towards the journalists in a white flowing gown with a turban.

The short conversation with the journalists was reported thus:

Journalist: Good afternoon, sir?

Sheikh Zakzaky: How are you? Journalist: Can we have a word with you? Sheikh El-Zakzaky: If they agree and allow me (He says so jokingly)

Journalist: How are you feeling now?

Sheik El-Zakzaky: I am feeling better. The security officers have allowed me to see my doctor, my personal doctor. I thank God, I am improving.

Journalist: Do you have anything to add.

Sheikh El-Zakzaky: I thank you for all your prayers

Journalist: Thank you sir

Sheikh ElZakzaky: Thanks (As he walks away)

Also speaking to journalists, a DSS official, Nnenna Nnochiri said: “In the last few days, two days to be particular, yesterday importantly, there was unfounded rumour which was spread across Nigeria that the leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, Shiek El-Zakzaky, passed on in the custody of the Service.

“As you can see in the last few minutes and you also interviewed him and he by himself pointedly told you that he is okay.”

He added that, “every doubting Thomas across Nigeria and those who wanted to capitalise on the said rumour to cause trouble in Nigeria have seen that the man is alive. He’s on his feet, he is hale and hearty. He is up and doing, and you saw him with his wife.

“The fact is that some people wanted to take advantage of some developments in some parts of the country to further make trouble and mobilise the people to engage in untoward activities, which can impact negatively on the security, stability and order of the nation.

“The fact is that now that they have seen that the man is alive, now that they have seen that nothing happened to the man, it is our believe that such persons who ab ignitio, had planned to take advantage of such situations and who have seen that the rumour is unfounded should desist from any plan they must have put in place.

“Nigeria must remain very stable, Nigerians for us must trust the government and security agencies to provide enabling environment for citizens to pursue their legislate business,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/el-zakzaky-speaks-says-i-m-fine.html

Re: El-zakzaky Speaks, Says I’m Fine by hisgrace090: 8:58am On Jan 14, 2018
Why not allow el-zackzaky and his people to be?

(1) (Reply)

Trade Minister To Commission PAN Shade Tree Initiative In Kaduna / Nigerians Accept I'm Doing My Best – President Muhammadu Buhari / What Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky Taught Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.