Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Atheism Is A Religion - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is A Religion (24327 Views)

The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. / Atheism Is Madness / Atheism Is Extreme Evil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2018
vaxx:
hopefullandlord,you are asking me a GENERAL question? is it possible to love and be peaceful without GOD and i strongly said no.... and in your second question ? you assume i am of the opinion if there is any atheist without love and peace.. your questions do not follow up at all, i treated them differently.... you should have ask me specifically if there exist an atheist without love and peace......

study your first question with your second question ... you will realize it has no resemblance......

Correct, I see know resemblance Sir. What is the real reason for their stupidity?

An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, “Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.” The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, “What would you want to talk about?” “Oh, I don’t know,” said the atheist. “How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?” as he smiled smugly.
“Okay,” she said. “Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff – grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?”

The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl’s intelligence, thinks about it and says, “Hmmm, I have no idea.” To which the little girl replies, “Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don’t know shit?” And then she went back to reading her book.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 11:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
butterflyl1on:

You lack any iota of the ability to understand anything.

My comment about negative faith NOT BEING ALWAYS ABSOLUTE and it ALSO BEING IN DEGREES was a response to you, hopefullandlord, superhumanist and budaatum (which was his position until now) and I simply explained that negative faith is not always absolute but varies based on the individual atheist and his personal experiential evidence to that effect.

Be it an absolute negative faith or a negative faith that isn't absolute both of them are derived from each individuals personal experiences but be it absolute or not it does not change the fact that they are working with negative faith since their position is only verifiable largely to themselves and isn't universally verifiable or agreed upon.

So let me ask you this.

DOES A DESIGNER OF THE UNIVERSE EXIST?
DOES GOD EXIST?
DOES YAHWEH EXIST?

I asked 3 different questions so treat them separately.
Sigh, does he realize that the theory of evolution is incompatible with theism, I blame the theory for promoting atheism. Look what it has done to their thinking.

Evolution is not proven — therefore the Bible is correct.

Therefore from now on, it's Atheists responsibility to prove that God doesn't exist. Or prove to us that NO-god exist.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Regarding the last part of this comment of yours where you said your answers are no, no and no. Is this a 100% certainty to you? And if it was totally certain, how then did you arrive at this certainty?

Also, If yes, why then do you suppose atheists still ask for proof of God or evidence of his existence if they are already sure that his lack of existence is a 100% certainty?

Double standards?
World religions are asking Atheists for evidence of their NO-god's existence. They have not given an answer to date. Is it because we all know that Hitler was an an undercover Atheist and therefore NO-god is actually Satan?

My neighbor says that the Bible must be true because, when you take the original Hebrew letters, spread them out and twist them around, you can spell words. If Atheists dont believe this, I am forced to accuse them of closed-mindedness and blasphemy.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 11:46pm On Jan 26, 2018
Atheists falsely believe that they are smart. There's a huge difference between thinking you're better than people you disagree with... and thinking that, on one particular issue, you're correct, and people who disagree are mistaken. Thinking you're right, and trying to convince people you're right... that's arrogance.

You know what? If I'm not right? Prove me wrong. I'll let you in on a not- so- secret secret: Every time I see an argument for Atheism, for just a microsecond, I wonder if it's right.

I wonder, "Could this be the argument that'll convince me?" It never is -- in fact, those microseconds are getting shorter and shorter, as I've now seen about eighty thousand arguments for Atheism and all of it suck -- but I always wonder. I'm open to the possibility that I might be wrong. I just don't think I am.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 11:14am On Jan 27, 2018
frank317:

see you in hell bro

Vaxx is a far superior thinker and has consistently displayed excellent character. His wisdom is like a shining light among the darkness of Atheism. I have asked myself many times if LOVE can flourish with Atheism. Can one build a loving community with Atheism?

Can one build a loving family with Atheism?

Can one sustain a loving marriage with Atheism?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 9:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
JacksonD7:
Linger around the threads of nairaland for a while, and you're bound to find some smart quips from the enlightened atheists lurking around. It's not just nairaland, atheism is now a global phenomenon. With millions of wise and rational minds dedicated to tearing down the foundations of religion.

But, if you look at things constructively, you could come to the conclusion that atheists, are in fact more religious than adherents of the religions that they detest. And you would be right, because atheism is actually a religion.

I have been lingering around and have not seen evidence of "WISE" Atheists and enlightened minds, because wise and enlightened minds will by its very nature, never engage in the cowardly insults, mocking and destruction of billions of decent peoples most treasured and holy doctrines. Have you noticed that Atheists have nothing good to teach, that is why they mill around words such as God, Jesus, Bible etc to gain relevance through cruel criticism and lame questions to world religions.

Why cant even one Atheist be the exception Sir, and positively tell us what their religion of Atheism has to offer mankind?

I really want to learn more about the psychology of Atheists. Butterflyl1on, Vaxx and Kingebukasblog has won me over because they offer humanity tremendous value.
One can take their teachings and build a community, one can empower and change many things in ones life, one can proudly teach ones family the things they talk about with confidence and joy. Atheists offerings are scary.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 11:52am On Feb 10, 2018
frank317:

Unfortunately for you, butterflylion and sciencewatch think you are going to hell. you are a pagan, soon butterflylions pastor will come and destroy your shrine. see you in hell bro
If Vaxx is your example of a Pagan, then I would rather be a Pagan than an Atheist.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by Ronpet777(m): 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Sigh, does he realize that the theory of evolution is incompatible with theism, I blame the theory for promoting atheism. Look what it has done to their thinking.

Evolution is not proven — therefore the Bible is correct.

Therefore from now on, it's Atheists responsibility to prove that God doesn't exist. Or prove to us that NO-god exist.
Strongly seconded!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by hopefulLandlord: 1:21pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ronpet777:

Strongly seconded!!!

How is evolution not compatible with theism?

Even if evolution is falsified this very minute, how does it prove the bible to be true?

you guys just support anything so long its coming from "one of us" even when you know that thing is nonsense
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by budaatum: 5:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
budaatum:

I have reported you again for derailing this thread.
I lied.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by Ronpet777(m): 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2018
vaxx:
''Atheism is like a fake currency,it is good on the surface but it has no real value'' vaxx
Much respect bro.... That is Wot I call shocker punch! May u walk without stumbling...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by Ronpet777(m): 8:18pm On Feb 12, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

How is evolution not compatible with theism?

Even if evolution is falsified this very minute, how does it prove the bible to be true?

you guys just support anything so long its coming from "one of us" even when you know that thing is nonsense
U guys hv been duly exposed here to be weaklings. I regret arguing with u guys because at d end of the day, U've got nothing to offer.
U r just baskets full of gigantic holes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by hopefulLandlord: 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2018
Ronpet777:

U guys hv been duly exposed here to be weaklings. I regret arguing with u guys because at d end of the day, U've got nothing to offer.
U r just baskets full of gigantic holes.

That's an amazing way to dodge the two direct simple questions I gave but I understand red herrings can be a refuge for some
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by Ronpet777(m): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

That's an amazing way to dodge the two direct simple questions I gave but I understand red herrings can be a refuge for some
U always ask questions.That is all u do while offering NOTHING! NOTHING!! NOTHING!!! Isn't it monotonous to u? God, it is no longer interesting to engage in any conversation with u guys.
Start up a conversation when u have something meaningful to offer the world than a crazy assertion that nothing made something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by hopefulLandlord: 8:52pm On Feb 12, 2018
Ronpet777:

U always ask questions.That is all u do while offering NOTHING! NOTHING!! NOTHING!!! Isn't it monotonous to u? God, it is no longer interesting to engage in any conversation with u guys.
Start up a conversation when u have something meaningful to offer the world than a crazy assertion that nothing made something.
1. I've not made an assertion that "nothing created something", that's a strawman

2. this is another Dodge to my questions, suddenly your troll mode gets activated when you put your foot in the mouth
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by budaatum: 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2018
vaxx:
wait , let him define table. he will overlap himself. he will realized what it term as table may not be table to you or me....logically, we will all have subjective definition

this is why socrate was very wrong when he said we should seek for absolute truth .....there is no absolute truth anywhere....only GOD IS THE TRUTH......

Are you asking him to prove a self evident axiom perhaps?
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by folaski: 6:17pm On May 06, 2018
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by IDRWFB(m): 12:15am On Oct 15, 2018
A very, very interesting read.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 15, 2018
According to the Bible book of Revelations, atheism is the final globally accepted RELIGION that will become the endtime worship! Satan has been disguising as God for centuries, using demons as smaller gods and godesses to control mankind against the Almighty God. When Jesus instituted Christianity to expose Satan's hideout, Satan quickly changed his tactics by the "if you can't beat them, lead them" style. He(Satan) made sure that politically ambitious individuals joined the Church and got rid of all the faithfuls so that religion and politics were merged as an entity. But that's not Satan's intention, his main focus is to disorganise any form of group trying to work on "what God required from man". Today Satan is secretly recruiting billions with speed to destroy religion because REAL Christianity has been restored just as Jesus started it in the first century and Satan can't stop it again. Now his plan is to gather all the people on earth as one against the TRUE Christians who have been vilified from the onset till today. So majority of the atheists don't know that they're actually practicing another Religion! It's just an institution that's advocating for self esteemed standards so that each person will have his/her own mind. Jesus has His own organized followers today, though Satan has made them objects of hatred throughout the earth! But now he is gathering people together under atheism to fight against the newly restored pure worship (Jehovah's Witnesses)
Soonest from now, union of nations will unanimously agree that religion has been causing confusion and hindering their peace, so they'll ban all globally accepted religious groups living only the aboriginal worships that's restricted to certain locations! ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses will continue as Christians until these world powers (under Satan's influence) come after US, then Jehovah will give Jesus the order to intervene and billions will die because Jesus will kill all none Christians!
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by aadoiza: 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2018
Fvcknames:
I'm not talking on behalf of all atheists, but I used to argue against religion, but mostly Christianity.
I had my reasons
I live in a Christian environment, my parents are Christians, and it affects me so much, from my point of view, it has it's benefits but has it's disadvantages (which I think is more[personal opinion]).
I'm forced to go to church, I don't force people not to go to church, my mum is the most religious person I know, she can pay her full salary in church with no back up 4 the month, it affects her.I'm forced to stay up 4 vigils cuz of something I don't believe in.If I tell my parents I'm an atheist, our relationship is as good as dead. Everything is taken in the spiritual context. You are busy during the weekdays, you have just Saturdays and Sundays to relax or do whatever, but one of the days would be sacrificed, you might even go 4 one practice or the other on Saturday too. I know other people that'll be doing far better without christianity, so I just try to make people see reason. I don't really know any Muslims so I tried to reason with the religious people around me(who were Christians).
I bet if I came from a Muslim background and I became an atheist I'd be arguing against Islam and all.
But then everything is a waste of time. Everyone thinks they are right and everyone else is wrong. I might be wrong 4 all I care, I'm an atheist because I feel the evidence points to the fact that there is no God, but I could be wrong, no one knows 4 sure.
I think it's very rare 4 an atheist to become a Christian and vice versa from just arguments, cuz everyone is just trying to defend their own view no matter what. The argument is started with the attitude of I'm right and you're wrong. I feel anyone that becomes an atheist or Christian has to do his own thinking, so all this is a waste of time(my opinion)
This is the best comment from an atheist I have read on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by aadoiza: 3:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
vaxx:
human stupidity.....whao that is good , send me the link....if you think you are rational for not believing in GOD .... you are deceiving yourself.....TO me all religion are valid , though i may disagree with some of their doctrine but so long it spread peace and love....it is valid...

A non believer of GOD to me is worst than an ingrate
Wow!! Apt and subtle.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by MuttleyLaff: 4:23pm On Dec 24, 2018
Seun:
Whether atheism is a religion or not, the fact is that there is no objective evidence for the existence of God, therefore it makes sense to refrain from believing in any God that people preach to you about until they provide you with some objective evidence that the God actually exists.
Atheism is a religion but I don't believe in it

Religion takes different shape and form, has different passions, interest, rituals etcetera.
For some, sports, like football or hockey is a religion.
For others some, fashion too is a religion

Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, New Age, Scientology, Paganism, TAF etcetera too are religions
however there is only one true and pure religion, that is faultless. So let's call a spade, a spade

Back on track, what is the list, example and range of objective evidence for the existence of God or for God actually exists you're asking for?
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by Fvcknames: 1:43pm On Dec 25, 2018
aadoiza:

This is the best comment from an atheist I have read on this forum.
Lol thanks
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by aadoiza: 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2018
Fvcknames:

Lol thanks

You're welcome, bro. I just love realists; and judging by your comments here you're one.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by budaatum: 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Atheism is a religion but I don't believe in it

Religion takes different shape and form, has different passions, interest, rituals etcetera.
For some, sports, like football or hockey is a religion.
For others some, fashion too is a religion.
I see you've been peddling this idea for a while. I wonder where you place the ubiquitous worship of money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Femi Aribisala: How I Stopped The Rain At My Niece's Wedding / Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th / Pastor E.A Adeboye Plays The Piano (Video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.