Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,363 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:10 PM

Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! (15452 Views)

One United Africa 1000 Man March: Jonathan, Anyaoku, Ooni Of Ife, Soyinka Join / Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) / Youths Plan Nationwide Solidarity Rally In Favour Of Prof Osinbajo And Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by blackbeau1(f): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2018
This is the problem of the south south. Rather than come together as a unit, we divide amongst ourselves and fight stupid wars .

1 Like

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by godofuck231: 10:51pm On Jan 14, 2018
Datazone:
The Ijaws are indeed troublesome, na the day when Itsekiri wan do their protest nai una wan still do una own?

I pray Malami's memo is taken seriously into consideration. If the Ijaws think they own the land, let them take the case to international Court , we, the Itsekiris are ready as documents can't lie. The former AGF of Delta State (Charles Ajuyah) has even commended Malami's timely intervention.

I urge every Nairalander to look at any world map earlier than 1991 (when Ijaws invaded our land and renamed it to Okerenkoko) and they will see the real name (Okerenghigo) on the map.

GAME TIME - Any Nairalander ( Ijaws in particular) that can show me Okerenkoko (the Ijaw fictitious name) on any world map earlier than 1991 will receive an airtime worth N15,000 from me.

why not ask why the coastal was called bight of benin,not bight of izon or usobo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by Miscellaneous(m): 10:52pm On Jan 14, 2018
Afriifa:
bro.. keep quiet if u have no facts to present
U should really keep quiet. You have nothing to contribute here. However, pass the message to your Ijaw brothers. What message? I know you will be clueless as usual.... it's not ur fault, it's common with your tribesmen. Well, the message is that no inch of itsekiri land will be converted to an ijaw community again. We can discuss peace, not territory. Pls avert the brutal military force & embrace court judgements today. .. tell the others

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by Miscellaneous(m): 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2018
blackbeau1:
This is the problem of the south south. Rather than come together as a unit, we divide amongst ourselves and fight stupid wars .
Not stupid imho. If u think it's stupid, walk a mile in the shoes of Itsekiris & have ur community taken. Well, from a popular quote that goes: "Even if heavens will fall, let justice be served!"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by justuschi50: 11:02pm On Jan 14, 2018
I leave in Delta ijaw are been deprive of their property and resources

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by April4th(m): 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2018
melvinjames:
Itsekiri are troublesome.

You have said it all. That's how they forced Col. Dungs to change Warri South local government head quarters from Ogbe-Ijoh to Ogidigben that birthed the Warri communal crisis. Them done wan start another one again, very soon we go ask una how market.

1 Like

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2018
godofuck231:
why not ask why the coastal was called bight of benin,not bight of izon or usobo

You nor do Geography?

It extends eastward for about 640 kilometres (400 mi) from Cape St. Paul to the Nun outlet of the Niger River. To the east it is continued by the Bight of Bonny (formerly Bight of Biafra). The Republic of Benin and this bight were both named after the Benin Empire. On December 25, 2003, UTAGE Flight 141 crashed in the Bight.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bight_of_Benin

A “BIGHT” REFERS TO a bend or curve, most often a crescent shape, that forms an open bay in a coastline. The Bight of Benin is a roughly 500-mi- (800-km-) long bend in the West African coast, stretching from near the mouth of the Volta River (Cape Saint Paul) in GHANA eastward across the coastlines of TOGO and BENIN to the DELTA of the Niger River in NIGERIA. The Bight of Benin received its name from the centuries-old kingdom of Benin located in southern Nigeria. The nation of BENIN (formerly Dahomey) consequently received its name from the coastline in 1975.

http://geography.name/bight-of-benin/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by justuschi50: 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2018
Miscellaneous:

U should really keep quiet. You have nothing to contribute here. However, pass the message to your Ijaw brothers. What message? I know you will be clueless as usual.... it's not ur fault, it's common with your tribesmen. Well, the message is that no inch of itsekiri land will be converted to an ijaw community again. We can discuss peace, not territory. Pls avert the brutal military force & embrace court judgements today. .. tell the others
pls u don't know anything, its time for ijaws to become more violent against Nigeria fg
Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by April4th(m): 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

Time and again it has been proven that the ijaws in the south are a replica of fulani herdsmen in the north. Trouble, argument,chest-beating, militancy, fighting, youthful exuberance , land grabbing etc is ingrained in their DNA.

They should be gagged before it is too late.

What is this one saying? If you have nothing important to contribute, pls keep quiet. All you people do is come here and assume. How many Ijaw person or persons do you know or met with? So how do you come to the conclusion that we are troublesome?

1 Like

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by April4th(m): 11:12pm On Jan 14, 2018
blackbeau1:

My dear you said it all, we need to embrace peace in the Niger Delta. GEJ did a lot by bringing the Maritime University to that location, whatever name the town is answering should be of no consequence. The entire Niger Delta will benefit from it, trust me. But the troublesome Itshekiris will not give peace a chance. Let them keep fanning the embers of war, a repeat of the Warri crisis is in the offing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by April4th(m): 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2018
coputa:
Itsekiri's are the reasons warri is not moving forward,they cry wolves when there's none.OKERENKOKO is the real name,I worked in that community,it's an ijaw community.There's nothing like OKERENKIGHO,the Itsekiri's are mischievous.
. My brother thank you very much, a lot of NL who haven't even been to Delta State once will comment whatever they like on this thread but we who are from there knows the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by April4th(m): 11:16pm On Jan 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

You are just ranting my friend. Who or what is holding you from launching the first offensive against any Ijaw clan?

Your bitterness and hatred will only end on NAIRALAND.

There is a sitting Pere in Gelegele despite the noise and threat by both the misguided Oba and the Governor.

The indigenous Ijaws in Edo state are 100% aborigines and NOTHING, NO INDIVIDUAL, NO OBA, NO GOVERNOR, NOBODY can reverse the will of the Ijaw people.

Pele egberi faa.
Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by April4th(m): 11:19pm On Jan 14, 2018
charliboy654:

The AGF is not misguided, he's only following the rule of law, u can't create a bill to name a university a place that doesn't exist, the AGF only said the appropriate name should be used for naming the university. There is no such place as okerenkoko in the world.

Na today the place done they answer okerenkoko? Even an average Delta born boy or girl knows that, I wonder where you people get your information from.
Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by Plus10(m): 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2018
The Itsekiris are truly troublesome ask other tribes from Delta
Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by Miscellaneous(m): 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2018
justuschi50:
pls u don't know anything, its time for ijaws to become more violent against Nigeria fg
BEING A TEXT OF AN ADDRESS DELIVERED BY THE PRESIDENT OF ITSEKIRI NATIONAL YOUTHS COUNCIL ON AN OCCASION OF AN INTERFACE WITH MEMBERS OF CIVIL SOCIETY GROUPS IN WARRI.

In every human society, for there to be form, shape and orderliness, there is always a supreme entity whose dictates and provision is final and it is this finality vested in this supremacy that gives rise to sovereignty which all sovereign nations of the world enjoys to ensure internal orderliness and its independence "Equal justice under law is not merely a caption on the facade of the Supreme Court building, it is perhaps the most inspiring ideal of our society. It is one of the ends for which our entire legal system exists...it is fundamental that justice should be the same, in substance and availability, without regard to economic status" Lewis Powell, Jr.

No wonder as granted by our constitution in a constitutional democracy, we have three arms of government viz: the judiciary, legislative and executive that are saddled with the responsibility of interpreting the law, making law and enforcing the law respectively.

In the case of the National Maritime University, Okerenghigho, among these three arms of government, the judiciary, through the Supreme Court, the highest court in our land, in the course of performing it's constitutional responsibility has affirmed that the land is Okerenghigho and belongs to the Itsekiri people of Omadino.

The executive arm of government through the office of the attorney general of the federation and minister of justice, the chief law officer of the federation in the course of performing its constitutional responsibilities after a critical examination of the position of the law having being equipped with the Supreme Court Judgement on this subject matter, has written to the National Assembly to recognize Okerenghigho as the legal and aboriginal name of the location.

What this implies is that among the three arms of government saddled with constitutional responsibility of ensuring orderliness in the country, two have already given credence constitutionally to the recognition of the said place as Okerenghigho and as belonging to the Itsekiri people of Omadino.

This of couse now leaves us with one arm of government which is the legislative.

At the legislature today, for the bill to be considered as being successfully passes in a bicameral legislature arrangement where we have the Senate and the House of Representatives, both houses must differently pass the bill and move to the level of concurrence where they will harmonies before the bill is finally conisidered for passage and sent to the President for accent.

As at today, it is only the Senate that has erroneously passed the bill. The House of Representatives just recently did their public hearing on the bill and everyone knows what transpired at the floor of the public hearing, where our representatives referred the attention of the committee to paragraph 8 of section 2 of part 2 of chapter one of the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria as amended which barred the National Assembly from reviewing or ousting the decision of the Supreme Court.

The implication of all of these analysis are as follows:

1. The President will never accent to the bill even if the National Assembly erroneously passed it to disregard the Supreme Court judgement and the advice of the attorney general of the federation.

2. Among the three arms of government saddled with constitutional responsibility of ensuring law and orderliness in Nigeria, two are already on the side of truth and justice.

3. Since it is only the Senate that has erroneously passed the bill, and we have several stages to go before the bill is finally passed, the arrival of the memo from the office of the attorney general of the federation to the National Assembly is very timely, just as Theodore Roosevelt once said "Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found against the wrong" the onus now rest on the National Assembly to do the needful in accordance with the position of the law.

Owing to the unnecessary noise generated by postion of these two arms of government on this subject matter, the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for justice to be denied. Consequently, the attention of the whole world, civil society groups particularly the Nigeria bar association is now on the National Assembly to see whether in the course of passing the final bill into law, it will align itself with the position of the law and the other two arms of government or it will oust the position of the Supreme Court on the subject matter.

While we call for calm and orderliness as we wait for the pronouncement from the National Assembly, we thank all those that have shown solidarity to the enthronement of justice in this case, we shall not fail to reteirate as earlier published in our Deghele's declaration that we are prepared to defend every parcel of land with our last blood.

We leave our conscience with the words of Frederick Douglass "Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe"

We are open to discuss peace and not territory.

I remain,

Comr. Weyinmi Agbateyiniro
President, Itsekiri National Youths Council

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by Miscellaneous(m): 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2018
April4th:

Na today the place done they answer okerenkoko? Even an average Delta born boy or girl knows that, I wonder where you people get your information from.
How old are u? We are talking about years before 1991 here...
Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by godofuck231: 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2018
Datazone:

You nor do Geography?

It extends eastward for about 640 kilometres (400 mi) from Cape St. Paul to the Nun outlet of the Niger River. To the east it is continued by the Bight of Bonny (formerly Bight of Biafra). The Republic of Benin and this bight were both named after the Benin Empire. On December 25, 2003, UTAGE Flight 141 crashed in the Bight.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bight_of_Benin

A “BIGHT” REFERS TO a bend or curve, most often a crescent shape, that forms an open bay in a coastline. The Bight of Benin is a roughly 500-mi- (800-km-) long bend in the West African coast, stretching from near the mouth of the Volta River (Cape Saint Paul) in GHANA eastward across the coastlines of TOGO and BENIN to the DELTA of the Niger River in NIGERIA. The Bight of Benin received its name from the centuries-old kingdom of Benin located in southern Nigeria. The nation of BENIN (formerly Dahomey) consequently received its name from the coastline in 1975.

http://geography.name/bight-of-benin/
You don't even know your history if not you can fault that your weak geography ,the Benin Empire once spread past dahomey almost the whole of west Africa, kotunu was called kutunu meaning empty snail shell used for playing spinning games by kids,ikoyi means a war camp, so let's me school u about ur geography again, ovonramwen the Benin Emperor was from where? Didn't think so
Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2018
it is the problem of the ijaw, they are the one trying to take what is not theirs, you need to stop trying to put everybody at the same level, you end up solving nothing.
When a crime is committed, you don't lock up the victim and the criminal.
You lock up only the criminal for a logical reason.

blackbeau1:

1 Like

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by April4th(m): 11:54pm On Jan 14, 2018
Miscellaneous:

How old are u? We are talking about years before 1991 here...

That's a very stupid question you're asking. By 1991 I was already in my second year in the University, so ask an intelligent question my friend.
Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by April4th(m): 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2018
Plus10:
The Itsekiris are truly troublesome ask other tribes from Delta

Thank you my brother for pointing that fact out.
Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by ernieboy(m): 2:59am On Jan 15, 2018
desreek9:
I expected unity in everything south south but no they must fight each other, why cant they emulate south west such that even if there is any disagreement, they will settle it amicably without blowing it out of proportion.

Which one is protest again undecided
only ijaws are fighting everyone else. they are a troublesome set who find I difficult to co exist in a civilized manner.

1 Like

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by ernieboy(m): 3:08am On Jan 15, 2018
freedomchild:
As an Igbo man, I stand with my ijaw brothers... All the same I ask for peace
when did the ijaws become brothers to the Igbo's? abi na because of oyel money? culturally the ijaws are even closer to the other ethnic groups in the soith south they are conflicting with than the Igbos. typical Igbo man with long throat.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by ernieboy(m): 3:19am On Jan 15, 2018
justuschi50:
I leave in Delta ijaw are been deprive of their property and resources
the fact that u live in delta now makes u an authority in the history and culture of the indigenous people there? ode.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 15, 2018
your so called ijaw brothers stole your land after or during the civil war. Keep standing by them untill they still enugu.
freedomchild:
As an Igbo man, I stand with my ijaw brothers... All the same I ask for peace

2 Likes

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by Nobody: 5:17am On Jan 15, 2018
godofuck231:
You don't even know your history if not you can fault that your weak geography ,the Benin Empire once spread past dahomey almost the whole of west Africa, kotunu was called kutunu meaning empty snail shell used for playing spinning games by kids,ikoyi means a war camp, so let's me school u about ur geography again, ovonramwen the Benin Emperor was from where? Didn't think so
Oga, if you don't believe both links I dropped then we can't take your half-baked geography serious. With a moniker as yours "godofuck" , I don't think NLders should take you seriously. Please try not to derail the thread, create a new thread for Geography in Education section. Thank you.
Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 15, 2018
ernieboy:

when did the ijaws become brothers to the Igbo's? abi na because of oyel money? culturally the ijaws are even closer to the other ethnic groups in the soith south they are conflicting with than the Igbos. typical Igbo man with long throat.

Haha
Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by ANOWEDGREAT: 5:23am On Jan 15, 2018
AxxeMan:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/ijaw-itsekiri-youths-plan-five-million-man-march/

The itsekiris have been using the law courts to grab lands that doesn't belong to them due to their educational advantage over the ijaws so the ijaws don't have any other choice than to resort to violence to be heard.
Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by Nobody: 5:26am On Jan 15, 2018
April4th:

My friend keep quiet if you only believe what you were told and what you came to meet in the world. The place is known as Okerenghigo until 1991 when Ijaws ransacked the land and turned it to Okerenkoko. It shows you were born in the 90s that's why you don't know. It is for this reason we (Itsekiris) won their (Ijaws) forefathers in the Supreme Court and, if you look at any world map earlier than 1991, you'll see Okerenghigo boldly. Look at the bottom of the map I shared (it is a Midwestern region map).

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 15, 2018
So basically, the ijaws are right because they are uneducated and violent ?!
So laws don't matter anymore, once you are uneducated enough and have access to firearms, you can make your own laws ?
You guys should go to school and stop using your lack of education as an excuse to laying claim to what has been proven to not belong to you.
The Itsikeri are right because they proved their case before a court of law, the same with the Edo.
You guys (ijaw) are just too uneducated to understand this.

ANOWEDGREAT:

The itsekiris have been using the law courts to grab lands that doesn't belong to them due to their educational advantage over the ijaws so the ijaws don't have any other choice than to resort to violence to be heard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by April4th(m): 6:52am On Jan 15, 2018
Datazone:

My friend keep quiet if you only believe what you were told and what you came to meet in the world. The place is known as Okerenghigo until 1991 when Ijaws ransacked the land and turned it to Okerenkoko. It shows you were born in the 90s that's why you don't know. It is for this reason we (Itsekiris) won their (Ijaws) forefathers in the Supreme Court and, if you look at any world map earlier than 1991, you'll see Okerenghigo boldly. Look at the bottom of the map I shared (it is a Midwestern region map).

You sounded like a fool. By 1991 I was in my second year in the university, so get your facts right You're not talking to a kid. I was born and raised in warri, there was never a time the name of that place is called Okerenghigo. From birth till date, that place has always been called okerenkoko so I don't know where you are getting your facts from. I know you troublesome Itshekiri people, you people like manufacturing evidence where there Is none. Why is it that only your map is showing Okerenghigo and other earlier maps doesn't?

1 Like

Re: Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! by April4th(m): 6:58am On Jan 15, 2018
Datazone:

Mind you I wasn't even born in the 80's, you people keep fanning the embers of war. We will give you a repeat of what happened previously in warri, only this time we will chase you all to your ancestral home Igbesen in Edo state. Mofo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amotekun Will Metamorphose To State Police - Akeredolu / VAT: Lagos Applies To Join Rivers As Respondents In FIRS Appeal / Aisha Buhari Receives Ambassador Of China, Zhou Pingjian(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.