Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood (1327 Views)

BBNaija: Shocking Makeup Photo Of Bambam / The Most Shocking Real Footage Of Shark Attack Human Recorded On Camera / The Most Shocking Real Footage Of Shark Attack Human Recorded On Camera (2) (3) (4)

Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by fredpaul: 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hollywood Accounting
Harry porter and the Order of Phoenix grossed to $1 billion dollars but account showed it lost $167 million. Similarly, Return of the Jedi hadn't made a profit, but made $500 million on a budget of $40 million. This is Hollywood accounting and it sees studios invent companies that are paid bogus fees to reduce a movies profit so they don't have to pay out a share of profit to talents. David Prowse who played the role of Darth Vader and Stan Lee has to sue to get his share of spider man Profit.

The Cancer Film.
The Conqueror, a movie staring John Wayne as Genghis Khan was filmed in Utah's valley. The shooting location was 240km downwind from US nuclear facility and a year before shooting, 11 nukes has been tested in the area. After 3 month filming on locations in contaminated air and water, The producers has 60 tons radioactive soil shipped back to the studio to produce authenticity. Within 25 years, almost half the cast and crew has been diagnosed with cancer. Although not conclusively proven one doctor commented that so many cancer cases could be classed as an epidemic.

Fake movie Critics
Sony invented a fake film reviewer called David Manning to give good reviews and trick people into going to see their films. The movies include the Animal and a Knight Tale which hadn't been reviewed by actual critics. When the deception was uncovered, Sony was sued by a couple who claimed that they had been misled by the fake reviews.They won the case and Sony had to pay out $1.5 million in damages to those who have been duped.This worked out at $5 for each person tricked.

Animals where harmed
The disclaimer no animal were harmed during production doesn't mean much and has been used in movies where animals has been injured or actually killed. Over 25 animals including sheep and goats died of dehydration and exhaustion on the Hobbit.But the film received a disclaimer because the animal had died during a production hiatus. The Tiger from Life of Pi almost drowned and a chipmunk was squashed during the production of Failure to Launch and dozens of fish were killed on pirates of the Caribbean. I injuries weren't intentional or serious, then the movie could still recieve the disclaimer

The blacklist
In the 1950 hundreds of actors, directors and crews were barred from working in Hollywood because of suspected communist sympathies - even though there was often no evidence. Orsen Welles and Chalie Chaplin were among those blacklisted by studios. Chaplin was even banned from the USA and had his permit canceled in 1952. He only made two films after. The blacklist wasn't just to suspected communist though. When actor Cliff Roberston reveled an embezzlement scandal by the head of Columbia pictures he was blacklisted for whistle blowing.

Criminal Actors
Some of Hollywood's biggest actors have committed awful crimes.
At age 16 Mark Wahlberg once beat a middle aged Vietnamese man unconscious while calling him "Vietnamese F*king Shit". He served his 45 days for attempted murder. Sean Penn hit wife Madonna in the head with a baseball bat and allegedly broke into her house and tied her to a chair for 9 hours so he can assault her. Even Will Smith was once connect with an assault that left one man blind in one eye. Although the charges were latter dropped.

The Coogan Bill
1920s child star Jackie Coogan had his $60 million dollars fortune stollen by his parents. His mother and father spent Coohans earning on fur coats, diamonds and luxury cars. His step father said" every dollar a kid earns before he is 21 belongs to his parents, Jackie will not get a cent of his earning". Although he sued for the money, he only got $2.1 million. The Coogan Bill was passed in 1939 to prevent this from happening but even today only 15% of child s earning are protected

Sexism
In holly wood, the gender gap is huge with the world highest paid actor earning up to 2.5 times as much as the top actresses. To make matters worse, male leads nets twice as much screen time as their female counterparts and only 15% of movies star female characters.But the bias doesn't stop there. Based on film released in 2012 only 28.4% of onscreen speaking characters are female and of the top 100 grossing movies only 16.7$ had female directors, writers or producers

A deadly business
Since 1980 over 50 people have died making movies. Most of them are stuntmen. Death has occurred in films including Top Guns, XX and The Expendables II. Perhaps the most tragic occurred on the set of 1983 Twilight Zone. Apologetic explosion caused a helicopter to crash killing three actors. Two were decapitated including a child aged 7. The children had been hired illegally but everyone involved were cleared of criminal charges.

Nazi Censorship
Historian Ben Urwand claims Hollywood collaborated with Nazis so their films wouldn't be banned in German cinemas. Studios are thought to have censored films that might have damaged German prestige and cancelled movies that are pro democracy or highlighted the plight of German Jews. The biggest studio at the time MGM is even reported to have in German rearmament. On advise from the German propaganda Ministry one of its executive even divorced his Jewish wife to help maintain good relations. She later died in a concentration cam

http://news.obiaks.com/180113030320/Most-Shocking-Facts-about-Hollywood
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by Leverageisback(m): 7:18pm On Jan 14, 2018
grin say no to plagiarism op
Dead blogger
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by fredpaul: 8:08pm On Jan 14, 2018
Leverageisback:
grin say no to plagiarism op
Dead blogger

I doubt you know the meaning of plagiarism
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by IdeyFindWife: 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2018
Film producers, directors and movie industry movers are almost the same, the world over. Nasty pieces of work, many of them are, nasty pieces of work indeed!

If not sexual molestation, na another thing e go be!
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by Leverageisback(m): 8:32pm On Jan 14, 2018
fredpaul:

Yinmu so you came up with all that on your own?
Who you think say you dey lie for?
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by fredpaul: 11:15pm On Jan 14, 2018
Leverageisback:

Yinmu so you came up with all that on your own?
Who you think say you dey lie for?

The source of the article was included in the post and besides did i say i wrote the article?
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by Mrleverage: 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2018
fredpaul:

The source of the article was included in the post and besides did i say i wrote the article?

That's why I said stop plagiarism just cause you mentioned source doesn't change the fact that you stole it
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by fredpaul: 7:35am On Jan 15, 2018
Mrleverage:

That's why I said stop plagiarism just cause you mentioned source doesn't change the fact that you stole it

Stole it from where? Who is the original author? State your case clearly. Let me enlighten you a little There is what we call PLR (Private Label Right). It gives you right to an article as long as certain conditions are met. Buzzfeed, Metro, TMZ make lots of money selling PLR to bloggers. Am not a blogger and i don't subscribe much to PLR either. But its very unfair you see an article online and the first thing you do is accuse the "OP" of plagiarism and even went further to call the "OP" a dead blogger. Maybe you should check my profile and see stuffs i have posted, they are mainly from one source http://news.obiaks.com contents from Obiaks News get featured in Google news, Bing News, Apple news and a times Yahoo News. Now theses are news platforms whose policies conform with standard journalism practice and they have zero tolerance for plagiarism. Please stop criticizing what or whom you know nothing about.
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by Mrleverage: 7:38am On Jan 15, 2018
fredpaul:

Stole it from where? Who is the original author? State your case clearly. Let me enlighten you a little There is what we call PLR (Private Label Right). It gives you right to an article as long as certain conditions are met. Buzzfeed, Metro, TMZ make lots of money selling PLR to bloggers. Am not a blogger and i don't subscribe much to PLR either. But its very unfair you see an article online and the first thing you do is accuse the "OP" of plagiarism and even went further to call the "OP" a dead blogger. Maybe you should check my profile and see stuffs i have posted, they are mainly from one source http://news.obiaks.com contents from Obiaks News get featured in Google news, Bing News, Apple news and a times Yahoo News. Now theses are news platforms whose policies conform with standard journalism practice and they have zero tolerance for plagiarism. Please stop criticizing what or whom you know nothing about.

undecided Mr Thief simple question shei na you develop content or not? Before you go dey quote upandan to defend your thiefery
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by fredpaul: 9:42am On Jan 15, 2018
Mrleverage:

undecided Mr Thief simple question shei na you develop content or not? Before you go dey quote upandan to defend your thiefery

Exactly what most Nigerians are known for. When you know your argument is baseless or you cant make a constrictive criticism, next thing is insult. We develop contents and all contents on the website is 100% free of plagiarism. Whats your next line of insult? Am waiting.
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by Mrleverage: 10:03am On Jan 15, 2018
fredpaul:

Exactly what most Nigerians are known for. When you know your argument is baseless or you cant make a constrictive criticism, next thing is insult. We develop contents and all contents on the website is 100% free of plagiarism. Whats your next line of insult? Am waiting.

Yinmu dey lie for your papa there just because you changed the words does not stop it from being stolen you know that right?
Mr.thief grin
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by fredpaul: 10:42am On Jan 15, 2018
Mrleverage:

Yinmu dey lie for your papa there just because you changed the words does not stop it from being stolen you know that right?
Mr.thief grin

You are funny. I guess abusing people is all you know how to do. At first you said its a stolen content now you say the words were changed. If the words were changed that means the contents are plagiarism free right? that means they aren't stolen right? or perhaps you cant comprehend either. Your next line of abuse please a waiting.
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by sgtleverage(m): 10:44am On Jan 15, 2018
fredpaul:

You are funny. I guess abusing people is all you know how to do. At first you said its a stolen content now you say the words were changed. If the words were changed that means the contents are plagiarism free right? that means they aren't stolen right? or perhaps you cant comprehend either. Your next line of abuse please a waiting.

nope still means they are stolen mr thief grin
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by fredpaul: 10:51am On Jan 15, 2018
sgtleverage:

nope still means they are stolen mr thief grin

Well that you said they were stolen doesn't make it stolen. Prove your point. Next line of abuse please.
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by sgtleverage(m): 1:23pm On Jan 15, 2018
fredpaul:

Well that you said they were stolen doesn't make it stolen. Prove your point. Next line of abuse please.

But when you were defending your thievery, you indicated that the content didn't have padlock on it so you stole it, why you come dey change mouth now Mr. Thief grin that name always cracks me up
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by fredpaul: 1:54pm On Jan 15, 2018
sgtleverage:

But when you were defending your thievery, you indicated that the content didn't have padlock on it so you stole it, why you come dey change mouth now Mr. Thief grin that name always cracks me up

Its obvious you lack the ability to comprehend. Why am i not surprise?
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by sgtleverage(m): 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2018
fredpaul:

Its obvious you lack the ability to comprehend. Why am i not surprise?
Ah ah you want to join the insult game don't change the dynamic its usually you spew bullsh!t and I call it out don't change character Mr thief grin
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by Friedyokes: 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2018
fredpaul:

read his posts and you'll see his not worth the argument.
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by sgtleverage(m): 5:31pm On Jan 15, 2018
Friedyokes:
read his posts and you'll see his not worth the argument.

angry jealousy go and find your own toy to play with
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by fredpaul: 7:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
sgtleverage:

angry jealousy go and find your own toy to play with
Are you tired, Don't deviate from the topic I have all your time. Next line of insult abuse please, Am waiting
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by sgtleverage(m): 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2018
fredpaul:

Are you tired, Don't deviate from the topic I have all your time. Next line of insult abuse please, Am waiting
Oh yea there you are c'mon mr thief
You know the routine, you are supposed to spew bullsh!t and I'm supposed to call it oya 1...2...begin
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by fredpaul: 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
sgtleverage:

Oh yea there you are c'mon mr thief
You know the routine, you are supposed to spew bullsh!t and I'm supposed to call it oya 1...2...begin
Am better than that, i would never abuse you, sorry to disappoint. Just in case you have forgotten, i shared an article and you called me a thief and a plagiarist. You are yet to buttress your point. But no, you have no point all you can do is rain abuses and insult. You cant prove the article was plagiarized , you cant prove it was stolen, you cant prove nothing. I viewed your profile and i saw you love abusing people online that's the only reason i keep replying post. Am keeping you busy and at the same time giving you someone to abuse online. I know it makes you happy, am also happy too. At least am able to make a total stranger happy. So go ahead call me thief and abuse me more. Make your self happy.
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by sgtleverage(m): 11:47pm On Jan 15, 2018
fredpaul:

Am better than that, i would never abuse you, sorry to disappoint. Just in case you have forgotten, i shared an article and you called me a thief and a plagiarist. You are yet to buttress your point. But no, you have no point all you can do is rain abuses and insult. You cant prove the article was plagiarized , you cant prove it was stolen, you cant prove nothing. I viewed your profile and i saw you love abusing people online that's the only reason i keep replying post. Am keeping you busy and at the same time giving you someone to abuse online. I know it makes you happy, am also happy too. At least am able to make a total stranger happy. So go ahead call me thief and abuse me more. Make your self happy.

Did I ask you to insult me? Simple English don dey hard for some people, You know now I understand you perhaps your poor understanding of english is what makes you think that stealing someone elses work and changing a few words automatically makes it yours, with reasoning like yours you should work for gej if he ever comes back into power.......... Mr thief grin
Welcome back it feels good calling you by your nickname
Re: Most Shocking Facts About Hollywood by fredpaul: 4:40am On Jan 16, 2018
is that all you have to say?

Top 10 Highest Grossing Movies In Nigeria (nollywood) / Please Who Else Thinks 50 Shades Of Grey Is Over Hyped / Multi-award Winning Journalist Lara Owoeye Resigns From AIT

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51