Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins (16534 Views)

Whatsapp Group Admins Can Now Delete Messages For Everyone (Photo) / FG Warns Nigerians On Whatsapp New Rule / Whatsapp Now Allow You To Demote Or Dismiss Group Admins, See How (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by Damoxy(m): 8:00am On Jan 15, 2018
Oluwatipsy:

After demoting him, who are you you planning to put there?

#feeling_curious
So far its not Buhari Cant you see this Guy is Clueless.

Presently there is no good Candidate but we just need to get this Nigga out.
Nigerians are Suffering.
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by slapandfall(m): 8:02am On Jan 15, 2018
BB Users dont update ooooooooo.. If you update, No more access to Whatsapp!

This one na scope.. Na so dem do me before those days.

Who demote admin epp!
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by ripbubu: 8:02am On Jan 15, 2018
WhatsApp is dead
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by Tintinnoty(m): 8:10am On Jan 15, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Ever heard of Telegram?

can't remember number of times I've installed and uninstalled that scrap of an app.

I doubt if telegram can give whatsapp a run for it money.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by Iseoluwani: 8:16am On Jan 15, 2018
Techpaded:
Popular instant messenger—WhatsApp is testing a new feature called “Demote as admin” which will be enable a group administrator to dismiss other administrators without completely kicking or removing them from the group.

If you want to stop someone from being an admin in your group when this feature wasn't available, I.e before, you must first remove he/she from the group, then re-add him/her, where the person will now be a normal participants.

Now, you won't go through this stress anymore with the new demote as admin feature, as you can dismiss an admin without removing the person from the group.

Currently available on WhatsApp version 2.18.12 for iOS and Android devices.

source: https://www.techpaded.com.ng/2018/01/whatsapp-new-feature-to-allow-you.html

I just updated my WhatsApp n couldn't find such feature
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by airsaylongcon: 8:26am On Jan 15, 2018
Tintinnoty:

can't remember number of times I've installed and uninstalled that scrap of an app.

I doubt if telegram can give whatsapp a run for it money.

They actually are. All the new innovation on WhatsApp already exist on Telegram.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by chinwezdasilva: 8:35am On Jan 15, 2018
They should think of adding conference call rather than this demoting or promoting
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by dayowunmi(m): 8:41am On Jan 15, 2018
Nairaland also needs this feature.
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by Bondesniger(m): 8:47am On Jan 15, 2018
I see smileyI see
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by Mamadee28(f): 8:50am On Jan 15, 2018
Techpaded:
Popular instant messenger—WhatsApp is testing a new feature called “Demote as admin” which will be enable a group administrator to dismiss other administrators without completely kicking or removing them from the group.

If you want to stop someone from being an admin in your group when this feature wasn't available, I.e before, you must first remove he/she from the group, then re-add him/her, where the person will now be a normal participants.

Now, you won't go through this stress anymore with the new demote as admin feature, as you can dismiss an admin without removing the person from the group.

source: https://www.techpaded.com.ng/2018/01/whatsapp-new-feature-to-allow-you.html

they should remove that yeye delete feature announcement anytime I delete a message..
I so much hate that stuff
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by ambs50: 9:17am On Jan 15, 2018
sincere22k:
Install Google Play store on your BB10 OS
Then Install WhatsApp Android from Play store

Follow this guide

http://playstoreblackberry.com/

This should work on any BB10 device

Thanks.
But I can't download google account manager. the one's I download don't install. Pls any link?
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by kissly007: 9:46am On Jan 15, 2018
pls someone shld help me. my watsapp stop working dis morning. am using BlackBerry classic Q20. wat do I do!!!!
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by sincere22k(m): 10:06am On Jan 15, 2018
Make sure your bb10 device is up to 10.3

ambs50:

Thanks.
But I can't download google account manager. the one's I download don't install. Pls any link?
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by agrovick(m): 10:25am On Jan 15, 2018
Lmao! Power to the people
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by IYANGBALI: 11:50am On Jan 15, 2018
Techpaded:
Lalasticlala, Seun.
walahi I'm going to demote the two of them
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by Folxy91(m): 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2018
it remains the 'retract message' feature
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by kissly007: 3:10pm On Jan 15, 2018
ambs50:

Thanks.

bro I ve done d Google play store download and I ve even installed watsapp but still not opening. wat else do I do
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by ambs50: 3:14pm On Jan 15, 2018
kissly007:

bro I ve done d Google play store download and I ve even installed watsapp but still not opening. wat else do I do

Follow dat link. Scroll down u will see d link to download d latest app store.
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by Ennyholar: 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2018
Can't wait to update the WhatsApp on my Phantom 8
Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by Konquest: 3:24am On Jan 25, 2018
Techpaded:

Re: Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins by Nobody: 3:59am On Jan 25, 2018
Tintinnoty:
whatsapp keep improving, is whatsapp in competition with another app?

just asking though
Yes.Telegram is giving them headache. They had copied virtually all the features of telegram. IMO was a threat but their video call feature has sent that app to the village. Now bbm had to copy them with the screenshot below

(1) (2) (Reply)

Youtube Mobile App (official) Hits Java-capable Phones / Easiest Way To Schedule Text Messages To Send At A Later Date / Download ZAIN MMS Prov file for Nokia S40

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.