Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,465 members, 7,801,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis (16782 Views)

Xenophobia Attack: FG Wants Compensation For Nigerians – Dabiri-erewa / Benue Massacre: Doyin Okupe Provides Shocking Revelations / Benue’s Anti-open Grazing Law: Miyetti Allah Wants FG, NASS To Intervene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by maasoap(m): 10:37am On Jan 15, 2018
PointZerom:

His tenure as the military head of state was catastrophic. I remember how we were queueing to buy salt and pepper due to recession. His blame game didn't start today.
I don't see blame game but fact that I couldn't convince myself to be untrue. Buhari is not borrowing to pay salaries when he was receiving below what was obtainable during Jona's administration. That's a fact.
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by PointZerom: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2018
maasoap:

I don't see blame game but fact that I couldn't convince myself to be untrue. Buhari is not borrowing to pay salaries when he was receiving below what was obtainable during Jona's administration. That's a fact.

Tell me that he's not borrowing at all.

Borrow is Borrow
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by DonBobes(m): 10:51am On Jan 15, 2018
Dis man must b crazy
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by iammolise(m): 10:58am On Jan 15, 2018
Mtcheeewww!!! Nonsense!!!!
Then how about justice for people u brutally masercered and killed, u damn wasted 73 innocent live out of the country's population all in D name of ur campaign for anti grazing bill...and u still promised to do more killings ..., If the justice system is not bias y'all should be tried and sentenced accordingly.

Rubbish!!! angry
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by KrystosCJ(m): 11:03am On Jan 15, 2018
This is what happens when a fellow cattlerearer is the president of this country. The MACBAN [rhymes with Taliban] are asking for compensation because their kinsman is the number one sitting citizen of Nigeria. Such impunity is not alien to Buhari.
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by Reference(m): 11:06am On Jan 15, 2018
This herdsmenace has exposed the soft underbelly of the Nigerian state and calls once more the question of the structure of this country. Here we have the herdsmen now appealing to the Federal Government for compensation. The first question is:
On what grounds.
Is Miyetti Allah a business organisation, a socio-cultural organisation or a movement (non affiliated, NGO type). What is and what should be their relationship with the various federating units of the country. How is it that they are appealing to the Federal Government and not the state governments where they desire to operate and where these unfortunate incidents have happened. Apart from the FCT does the Federal Government superintended over any other land in Nigeria. These are the questions which will define the Nigerian state going forward.

What exactly are the powers of the Federal Government in determining these sort of cases. We had recently the Okpella mines in contention between Dangote and BUA. One of the parties actually dismissed any role the Edo state government had in determining the case. Few years back it was the Rivers state government (under Amaechi) initially refusing to offer Indorama a C of O after the sale of the Fertilizer plant. Oku Iboku in Akwa Ibom was another. In general the oil indusry and the Niger Delta has borne the brunt of Federal over reach on behalf of private concerns against the wishes of indigenes, local and state governments.

Now the herdsmen want the same leverage given to the likes of Shell, Agip, Chevron, etc to operate where they want, how they want with little or scant regards for indigenous interests.

But what happened on the other end of Nigeria during the sharia inquisitions of the Obasanjo years where a lot of businesses owned by 'foreigners' trading in items and services considered inappropriate were openly violated, destroyed and the owners chased out of such states as Kano, Jigawa, Zamfara, etc. Why did these interests not associate and then appeal to the government to be allowed to conduct their business whenever and whereever they pleased.....

Are there rules, laws, inclinations and tendencies for some and not for all. The debate is on and we have to define how this country works moving on. Miyetti Allah, a group openly and brazenly known for horrifc violence is upping the ante and we wish to see how the government and peoples of Nigeria react. Let us test the 'state of the nation'.

1 Like

Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by kishbee41(m): 11:12am On Jan 15, 2018
God punish devil.na this country we go dey wey person go rob and if you call police dem go sue you why you call dem,why you no allow the thief steal wetin him come steal...compensate them? how? why? nigeria is a joke
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by godofuck231: 11:24am On Jan 15, 2018
Come take, but remember to leave your head at home
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by Rockyrascal(m): 12:09pm On Jan 15, 2018
The politicians are the ones who supply the arms then.
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by autonomous22: 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2018
ruggedised:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/benue-massacre-miyetti-allah-want-compensation-herdsmen-affected-crisis/

Accepted. Buhari will do all dat within a short time... You ppl will b compensated for killing innocent citizens.
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by tonquendo4u(m): 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
You mean gratuities for d lives u massacred? This association is a terrorist organization.
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 15, 2018
maasoap:

They are victims too. Fulanis herdsmen attacks are always reprisals.
...story for the gods...those dirty ragheads go about terrorizing farmers especially during dry seasons.

NEXTsD:
do u mean immediate disarmament of Fulani Herdsmen? The last time I checked Mr National secretary, your people are armed. you want the disarmament of others so that you can attack unopposed later? They want to turn the game to their side, the people that give threats are now readjusting their statements.
You didnt get sanusi's memo? Himself, the sultan of sokoto and lamido of yola are their grand patrons. He personally called the gov of taraba or benue to refrain from promulgating the anti-opengrazing law so herdsmen would go on doing their thing but the gov didnt listen, now he has got pic evidence and names of 1000 herdsmen and their families butchered in one night...as their patron I wld have loved him to provide pic evidence and the names of herdsmen who have been involved in communal clashes that has resulted in the burning down of villages and taken the lives of 10,000s others from plateau, southern kaduna, benue, adamawa from early as 2012 for fairness sake. Evil souls who know nothing but blackmail, oppression and bloodshed.
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by dfrost: 1:33pm On Jan 15, 2018
obiageIi:

I'm glad they did the right thing by closing that thread. The admin needs to be careful with what they put on the front page, he need to keep a close watch on his mods too. We used to really enjoy this forum, I don't know they are letting Nairaland slide

It's really sliding. I used to enjoy modath's post those days but now she no longer posts. Who knows if she too is fed up with the system or too busy with her vocation. Funny enough how people think that they are invisible and can post rubbish. I got to know modath through an acquaintance of mine.

Just imagine that her posts were derogatory or she used a wrong word or statement on my moniker (or person), tracing her would have been easy. All of us need to watch it honestly.
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by Snow02: 1:47pm On Jan 15, 2018
imagine the guts this Man needs to be killed for this
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by modath(f): 2:20pm On Jan 15, 2018
dfrost:

It's really sliding. I used to enjoy modath's post those days but now she no longer posts. Who knows if she too is fed up with the system or too busy with her vocation. Funny enough how people think that they are invisible and can post rubbish. I got to know modath through an acquaintance of mine.

Awwwh... Thanks for the props, So sweet of you... smiley

Sometimes I do post when the topic is compelling but cos hustle has really taken over & the level of arguments just nor make am, hence woman just look from the sidelines..

Just imagine that her posts were derogatory or she used a wrong word or statement on my moniker (or person), tracing her would have been easy. All of us need to watch it honestly.

Most of the people that misbehave here most likely won't act that way when they are off the internet... Cos what's there to gain in iwa ibaje beyond bad name?

Good name & rep dey very key to life....... Hauz is you doing? I'd say hi to D... Take care & stay blessed..
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by blackbeau1(f): 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
Wonderful. And those who lost families, biko how will they be compensated ?
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by greypencils: 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2018
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by paix(m): 3:33pm On Jan 15, 2018
They will use the money to buy more Ak-47s to perpetrate more havoc on innocent citizens.
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by precious1967(m): 3:35pm On Jan 15, 2018
i don't blame them because they are products of boko haram.
Re: Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis by dfrost: 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2018
modath:

Awwwh... Thanks for the props, So sweet of you... smiley

Sometimes I do post when the topic is compelling but cos hustle has really taken over & the level of arguments just nor make am, hence woman just look from the sidelines..

Most of the people that misbehave here most likely won't act that way when they are off the internet... Cos what's there to gain in iwa ibaje beyond bad name?

Good name & rep dey very key to life....... Hauz is you doing? I'd say hi to D... Take care & stay blessed..

I'm fine mo. Okay please do. Remain bless too sis. wink smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Speakers Emerge In Bauchi Assembly / Army Hands Over 3 Rescued Chibok School Girls, 4 Other Children To Borno Govt / Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.