Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh (21463 Views)

Buhari Condemns Killing Of 37 Villagers By Cattle Rustlers / Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG / Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Be Warned! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by nwakibie3(m): 10:26am On Jan 15, 2018
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Audu Ogbeh, has explained what he meant by the term ‘cattle colony’ as the only solution to the protracted clash between Fulani herdsmen and farmers.

The minister insisted that cattle colonies being suggested by his ministry remained the only panacea in sight to ending the recurring war.

Ogbeh had on Monday said Federal Government had resolved to establish cattle colonies in a bid to put an end to the persistent Fulani herdsmen, farmers’ crisis across the country.

According to the minister, facilities such as grass and water will be provided to take care of herdsmen and their cattle.

Speaking with DAILY POST yesterday in his Abuja home, Ogbeh said Nigerians had largely misunderstood the concept of cattle colonies thereby, misinterpreting it with sensational reportage in the media as extending Fulani colonialism.

He revealed that the cattle colonies being talked about does not transfer land ownership to Fulanis and was not a new concept since the British had in 1942 proposed same even before Nigeria became an independent nation.

He said this was why the Obudu Cattle Ranch was established, a gesture that made founding fathers like Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello to set up ranches in Akunu and Mokwa and most recently Governor Mimiko in Anuga.

“In biology, you have animal colonies, you have bees, snake colonies and in some places crocodiles. Once there is a large concentration of any species of animals whether artificial or natural you call them colonies.

“A colony is much larger and viable, cheaper and safer because the colonies will have several ranches in them where the government is ready to provide water and feed at subsidized rates for the herds with the view to increasing their yields.

“We have chosen to embark on cattle colonies because we want to supply water to cows, because the grass they eat is not just any kind of grass. Cows are very selective about the grasses they eat, even if they are not, the quality of grass they eat determines the quality of beef and milk you get”

“For the purpose of succeeding in this project, seeds of grasses have been gotten from Argentina, Brasil and the US and domesticated on a large scale”, he said.

Chief Ogbeh further explained that the government was not forcing any State to donate lands for the project but that those who understood the concept were donating lands for the takeoff.

“One third of the cows moving in the bush have Bovine TB and they can transmit same to human beings.

“In Holland one cow in the summer consumes one hundred litres of water per day so when a cow is heading from Maiduguri to Lagos on foot and doesn’t have access to ten litres of water in a week, that’s torture and explains why we have the lowest yield of milk in West Africa.” He added.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/15/fulani-herdsmen-nigerians-misunderstood-meant-cattle-colonies-audu-ogbeh/

2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by aolawale025: 10:28am On Jan 15, 2018
Set up the colonies in the Fulani states

248 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by odave: 10:32am On Jan 15, 2018
Fool...

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by baralatie(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2018
angry
I believe your people have started talking with you don't worry you know how e go be

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by PapaBrowne(m): 10:33am On Jan 15, 2018
All I can say is Buhari assembled a team that is as dumb as himself.
He sent out his messengers to go accross the country to search for a team as dumb as himself.

Listen to this guy. When you are through, go and listen to Akinwunmi Adesina, Jonathan’s minister of Agriculture who is now AfDB chairman. You will understand why Nigeria is undergoing the mess it is in currently.

185 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by princechurchill(m): 10:37am On Jan 15, 2018
I heard the northern Nigeria has the largest land mass establish cow colonies their naa we don't understand ur cattle colonies English here in south east maybe alhamajiris will.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Evablizin(f): 10:38am On Jan 15, 2018
shocked

Just listen to yourself Mr Ogbeh, you missunderstood yourself. Give them 1% of your land and watch them take the remaining 99%

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Paperwhite(m): 10:39am On Jan 15, 2018
APC appointees are all liars that constantly say and denied @ same time.Meanwhile the marauding & killer herdsmen should relocate to Sambisa forest. angry

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by ettybaba(m): 10:42am On Jan 15, 2018
And to say this useless man is from Benue state.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Desyner: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2018
This man is proving to be one hell of a Buhari & core northern henchman.
He was the same man who suggested that farmers should pay for special security arrangement when the herdsmens killing in edo state and the SE was at its peak some 2 years ago.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by RZArecta2(m): 10:45am On Jan 15, 2018
Fücking möron, if pigs, fish and poultry "colonies" aren't going to be established at the same time and rate with the cattle whatever then forget about it. The herdsmen are business men not rétards, they should negotiate with landlords directly instead of FG supporting their criminality and rewarding them for such again

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by SalamRushdie: 10:45am On Jan 15, 2018
No we did not misunderstand you Sir , we got you loud and clear that Buhari wants to use illegal state powers to colonize middelbelt state for his blood thirsty and evil tribe

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Desyner: 10:48am On Jan 15, 2018
Paperwhite:
APC appointees are all liars that constantly say and denied @ same time.Meanwhile the marauding & killer herdsmen should relocate to Sambisa forest.
Save for aunty Kemi and a few others men, the APC appointees are largely cocky fellas always testing the waters with dumb statements before imposing clueless ideas on the populace.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by TheFreeOne: 10:51am On Jan 15, 2018
We've got fools and criminals in high places running the affairs of this country...SMH

Is Fulani cattle business now government owned business?

This fulani agenda is DOA no matter what the jihadists in power does and it will be better they create their colonies up north cos any southern governor that tries such nonsense will have his people to contend with.

Ranching is the only sensible and acceptable way for cattle owners across the globe. And it's high time middle beltans and southerners goes into ranching since the blood thirsty Fulanis aren't ready to follow a sane method of cattle business.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by kenic(m): 11:27am On Jan 15, 2018
Please how's the fg benefiting from all these
...since these guys don't pay taxes? Proscribe these guys as terrorists n watch how they adopt modern ways of doing business....besides oga minister u 've not said anything different from what the people are completely against.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:38am On Jan 15, 2018
aolawale025:
Set up the colonies in the Fulani states
In fact, you took the words from my mouth!

Audu Ogbeh, you are not getting Nigerians! We don't want Fulani Herdsmen in Middlebelt or South!

Why is FG particular about rearing of cattle

Audu Ogbeh May the blood of those killed by these herds men fall you!

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by fuckpro: 11:46am On Jan 15, 2018
...the Israeli setup vast agricultural estates in a desert so has the Saudi's and most Arab nation, so why is it a problem with the Nigerian fulanis,go meet them and let them set up your ranches on your vast land
...after all you guys control funds of the nation so funding would not be an issue

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 15, 2018
Buhari don turn his ministers to dullardeens..

See as this one dey misyarn, while na him no dey understand Nigerians .

We don't want Fulani herdsmen anywia from N.c to south.
North have Rivers, lake,stream .. they should start looking north and thinking north..no be only evil ideas dem go dey drive go south.

Meanwhile tell em to develop the better south.. dem go the yarn dust.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by PrinceMario(m): 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
We don't care what you mean, say anything that suites you... All we care for is that the Daura vegetation terrorist will be sent packing next year.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Oxalic(m): 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2018
No. We understand. You are conniving with your brothers to help them colonize the whole Nigeria. From colony, they will colonize.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by yanshDoctor: 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2018
no, the solution is for them to rent ranches, then set bole hole and buy grass. or they go back to the north where they came from. no need to colonize any land. they are pushing gradually down south.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Okoyeebos: 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2018
We don't need explanations from Mr Buhari or his ministers, their actions speak louder than their voices.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by zombieTRACKER: 12:25pm On Jan 15, 2018
Fulani cattle cannot colonize Nigerians grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 15, 2018
Please i need you all to pray for my son yusuf for quick recovery. thanks

the cannibalism going on between the fulani herdsmen will soon be ended. it's a matter of time.. Nigerians have nothing to worry about
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Newpride(m): 12:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
Fulani herdsmen attack are methods and strategies by some powerful northerners to depopulate xtians. It's one of the agendas to Islamise nigeria.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Firefire(m): 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2018
Old fool!

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 15, 2018
nwakibie3:
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Audu Ogbeh, has explained what he meant by the term ‘cattle colony’ as the only solution to the protracted clash between Fulani herdsmen and farmers.

The minister insisted that cattle colonies being suggested by his ministry remained the only panacea in sight to ending the recurring war.

Ogbeh had on Monday said Federal Government had resolved to establish cattle colonies in a bid to put an end to the persistent Fulani herdsmen, farmers’ crisis across the country.

According to the minister, facilities such as grass and water will be provided to take care of herdsmen and their cattle.

Speaking with DAILY POST yesterday in his Abuja home, Ogbeh said Nigerians had largely misunderstood the concept of cattle colonies thereby, misinterpreting it with sensational reportage in the media as extending Fulani colonialism.

He revealed that the cattle colonies being talked about does not transfer land ownership to Fulanis and was not a new concept since the British had in 1942 proposed same even before Nigeria became an independent nation.

He said this was why the Obudu Cattle Ranch was established, a gesture that made founding fathers like Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello to set up ranches in Akunu and Mokwa and most recently Governor Mimiko in Anuga.

“In biology, you have animal colonies, you have bees, snake colonies and in some places crocodiles. Once there is a large concentration of any species of animals whether artificial or natural you call them colonies.

“A colony is much larger and viable, cheaper and safer because the colonies will have several ranches in them where the government is ready to provide water and feed at subsidized rates for the herds with the view to increasing their yields.

“We have chosen to embark on cattle colonies because we want to supply water to cows, because the grass they eat is not just any kind of grass. Cows are very selective about the grasses they eat, even if they are not, the quality of grass they eat determines the quality of beef and milk you get”

“For the purpose of succeeding in this project, seeds of grasses have been gotten from Argentina, Brasil and the US and domesticated on a large scale”, he said.

Chief Ogbeh further explained that the government was not forcing any State to donate lands for the project but that those who understood the concept were donating lands for the takeoff.

“One third of the cows moving in the bush have Bovine TB and they can transmit same to human beings.

“In Holland one cow in the summer consumes one hundred litres of water per day so when a cow is heading from Maiduguri to Lagos on foot and doesn’t have access to ten litres of water in a week, that’s torture and explains why we have the lowest yield of milk in West Africa.” He added.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/15/fulani-herdsmen-nigerians-misunderstood-meant-cattle-colonies-audu-ogbeh/

Let the Hausa fulani build those cattle colonies in northern Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by musicwriter(m): 12:28pm On Jan 15, 2018

The above shows the man don't even know what he's doing. Referencing Britain doing same during colonialism as a reason we should do the same today? That's exactly how Britain originated most of the problems we're still dealing with today as a nation!.

What a mad man!!.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2018
Sambisa forest is large enough for that..So they should use it for cattle colonies.....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2018
Ert
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh by Reference(m): 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2018
Hmmm.....oga, the english langueage is full of synonymous words that can be used in place of that crap you spent. It only takes wisdom to apply the right ones at the right time and coming from someone whose home state is under siege and whose brothers are slaughtered like poultry, is most insensitive. At times like these just let your Minister of State talk. You are in no position to support whatever intentions the government has. Remember after this assignment you go home....to what...

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Buhari, APC Governors Meet In Crucial Meeting / Lagos Won’t Submit EndSARS Report To FG - Femi Adesina / Buhari & Saraki Attend Special Prayer For Nigerian 56th Independence Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.