Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Why You Shouldn't Break Your Relationships - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why You Shouldn't Break Your Relationships (275 Views)

What Happens If You Break Your Wudu During Umrah? / 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. / Break Your Alabaster Jar (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Break Your Relationships by nonfab22: 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2018
Yesterday was really a busy one for me. I stopped by at the nearest ICT hub in my neighbourhood, and I ran into a number of buddies. We spent a large chunk of time having fun. We talked about a whole lot of stuff like career, family, business, faith, the society and a bunch of other stuff. What inspired this article was my time with those amazing guys.

One of them worships with the House On The Rock, Lekki, which is led by Pst. Paul Adefarasin. He narrated a scenario the pastor painted for them sometime ago. The pastor stopped by at a popular mall to pick up a couple of things. On seeing him, some of his church members who were in the mall, ran towards him and took loads of selfies with him. He happily posed for the shots with them before he continued with his shopping.

Pst. Adefarasin is a renowned preacher in the Christian circles and I wouldn’t have failed to have a shot with him too, but the minister showed us a flaw in that mentality. In as much as he was happy he saw members of his congregation, he expected more from them. They don’t have a personal relationship with him beyond the regular “pastor-congregation” connection and they’ve not had a time with him outside the confines of the church. So he was expecting that the occasion was a rare opportunity to establish a better relationship with those youths. Though, he is their pastor, but he hoped that they would have asked for something more challenging than a selfie, perhaps a question regarding career, family, academics or just anything impactful.

Mark Zuckerberg was in Lagos last year, many entrepreneurs got inspired, Andela (a tech startup) got a whooping $24 million investment from his foundation. A host of young application developers got sponsorships for heightened trainings, yet some other persons after struggling through the traffic in Lagos, got close enough just to take selfies with him that were eventually uploaded on Facebook.

We were thought in elementary science that one of the ways of making a new magnet is by continuously rubbing a metal against the poles of a magnet. Gradually, the metal starts to gain the magnetic properties. A metal that chooses to take a selfie with a magnet, will only have the picture as a souvenir of an encounter that would have transformed him into a king in the dynasty of magnetism.

Please follow the link to read more

http://notemast.com/secure-that-relationship-and-dont-break-up/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeriatop20 Most Searched Topics On The Internet On 17/1/18 / Convenient Banking / Adikachiwriteup On Personal Finances Vol 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.