Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,381 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom (43236 Views)

“You Lied!” – Jonathan Replies David Cameron Over Chibok Girls / You Lied’ — Amaechi Challenges Peter Obi To Public Debate / Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by Realsman405(m): 2:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Monday said he was shocked by media reports that quoted the Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, as saying that he (Osinbajo) was warned ahead of the January 1 killings in Logo and Guma Local Government areas of the state.

In a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande, the Vice-President described as “a terrible falsehood” to suggest that he was ever informed by the governor or any one else of the killings.

The statement read, “Governor Ortom wrote to the Vice President, then Acting President on 7th June 2017 protesting a newspaper publication where the leadership of Miyetti Allah was reported to have stated that it was opposed to the Open Grazing Prohibition law of the State and that they would mobilise to resist the law.

“The Miyetti Allah had written to the Vice President on the 5th of June 2017 on the same law protesting several sections of the law.

“The governor went on to say that the leadership of Miyetti Allah should be arrested because they used words such as ‘wicked, obnoxious and repressive,’ to describe the law, and because these were ‘utterances that are capable of undermining the peace…’

“The Vice President subsequently met with the governor, discussed the matter and the security situation in the state and then ordered law enforcement agencies to be on the alert to prevent any attacks or violence. This was in June 2017!”

The statement noted that in the said letter written by the governor, there was no mention of any threat to any specific one of the 23 local governments of Benue State.

It explained that the best the law enforcement agencies could do then was to await information or intelligence of an imminent attack and none of such came.

It added that since then, the Vice-President had held meetings with the Benue State Governor, including a visit to the state on September 6, 2017 at the instance of President Muhamamdu Buhari during the tragic floods in the state.

At all the meetings, according to the statement, the Vice-President discussed the security situation of the state with the governor.

It noted that the then Acting President also convened a major national security retreat which was attended by all state governors, service chiefs and heads of security agencies.

It added that the retreat featured detailed discussions on the herdsmen/ farmers’ clashes.
“To the best of our knowledge, neither Governor Ortom nor the Federal Government was aware of the imminence of the cowardly attack on Logo and Guma on the 1st of January, and therefore any suggestion that the President or the Vice President ignored the state governor’s warning is both absolutely false and certainly misleading,” the statement concluded.

http://punchng.com/benue-killings-you-lied-osinbajo-replied-ortom/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by AnodaIT(m): 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2018
We don't even know who is not lying anymore not even a Pastor

145 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by LessNoise: 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2018
Gov said He told pastor...Pastor said he acted buh no intelligence came regarding an imminent attack by his boss kinsmen.. Is there not a disconnect in our intelligence(DUMB) agencies

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2018
Dumb APC with incompetent leadership led by zombies dullardeens,n janjawi ids.

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2018
When it comes to lying,give it to APC. All of them from bubu to osibande to Ortom. All of una,the same people.

134 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 15, 2018
We are delibrating on who lied while the cause of the mayham is still roaming without fear..

26 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by JUSTICE4Nigeria: 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
Am 99.99%sure osubande is lying, just look at the gibberish he spat bla bla intelligent was not imminent

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by iamJ(m): 3:18pm On Jan 15, 2018
this mata i didnt want to talk b4 but lets be honest, fulani men are not the kind of people that go and start looking for trouble, they are peaceful people, i stay north small, benue people are the problem, their youths attacked the fulani men and the fulani men retaliated, all Northerners carry knife but unless u find their trouble, u wouldnt notice that they have knife

lets stop this hate of lies

ckmayoca , Esseite see my answer to what u asked

benue is a middle belt state, benue has arable land, they were carrying their cows there for grass, benue people were stealing their cows and i'm sure that the youths were warned but they continued because for their mind aboki no get sense, aboki attacked the way they know how to attack, abeg lets be honest even if u dont like buhari, Fulani people are peaceful people

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by JUSTICE4Nigeria: 3:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
iamJ:
this mata i didnt want to talk b4 but lets be honest, fulani men are not the kind of people that go and start looking for trouble, they are peaceful people, i stay north small, benue people are the problem, their youths attacked the fulani men and the fulani men retaliated, all Northerners carry knife but unless u find their trouble, u wouldnt notice that they have knife

ckmayoca , Esseite see the my answer to what u asked

benue is a middle belt state, benue has arable land, they were carrying their cows there for grass, benue people were stealing their cows and i'm sure that the youths were warned but they continued because for their mind aboki no get sense, aboki attacked the way they know how to attack, abeg lets be honest even if u dont like buhari, Fulani people are peaceful people
boko haram are peaceful people u won't know they have guns until they use it, agatu massacre, uzo uwani massacre they all steal fulani cow, u need brain even fowl brain is better

252 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by fabre4: 3:23pm On Jan 15, 2018
Hahaha APC are funny set of people

5 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by 7lives: 3:24pm On Jan 15, 2018
iamJ:

ckmayoca , Esseite see the my answer to what u asked

You are one in a million.
Watch as they descend on you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by iamJ(m): 3:24pm On Jan 15, 2018
JUSTICE4Nigeria:
boko haram are peaceful people u won't know they have guns until they use it
we no dey argue boko haram biko, read b4 mentioning people, dem no blow bomb for benue so this is not a boko haram matter

7 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by Firefire(m): 3:27pm On Jan 15, 2018
One of the professional liar and career rogue has spoken.

15 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by PointZerom: 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2018
They're playing Ten-Ten on top of the slained. Wicked souls.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by Okoroawusa: 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2018
Thank u Mr vice president

4 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by JUSTICE4Nigeria: 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2018
iamJ:
we no dey argue boko haram biko, read b4 mentioning people, dem no blow bomb for benue so this is not a boko haram matter
u need them to detonate bomb before u decide, so what of agatu, uzo uwani, oyo, ekiti did they also steal fulani cow?

48 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by zombieTRACKER: 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2018
So osibanjo is still in government....

Is that so

16 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by Evablizin(f): 4:49pm On Jan 15, 2018
shocked

APC government and lies made covenant,never to part ways till their mission is fulfilled.

17 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by AnotherZik: 5:01pm On Jan 15, 2018
Realsman405:
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

http://punchng.com/benue-killings-you-lied-osinbajo-replied-ortom/

Ekiti govt bars Fayemi, one other from occupying public office

The Governor Ayo Fayose-led government in Ekiti state has barred the state’s immediate past governor now minister of Mines and Steel Development, Dr. Kayode Fayemi from holding any public office in Ekiti state for 10 years.

This was announced in a White Paper released by Ekiti government on Monday which also barred Mr. Dapo Kolawole, who served under Fayemi as commissioner for Finance, for the same number of years.

Read more: https://newsworth.ng/ekiti-govt-bars-fayemi-one-occupying-public-office/

6 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by pussypounder(m): 5:02pm On Jan 15, 2018
Shut up Mr osibanjo!!!!
You are weak and did not represent we Southerners well!!! Killings of innocent civilians in Aba by our 'soldiers' and no one gave a fvvck!!! Another massacre of Benue civilians by Fulani blood sucking herds men!!!! Still every body is silent!!!!

We want south Nigeria!!!!
We want Igbo president as our ruler!!!
We want Yoruba president as our ruler!!!
No to Hausa/Fulani rulers!!!
No to PDP/APC!!!!

Coming from a Yoruba guy!!! Because some foools have started saying shitttt just because I said the plain truth!!!
angry

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2018
Pastor haba...its still early in the year btw your church is still fasting, yet u have the guts to lie. Fear God baba

4 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by asdfjklhaha(f): 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2018
So whose telling the truth?
Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by neutrotoba(m): 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2018
Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by kelechi17(m): 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2018
[quote author=iamJ post=64221132]this mata i didnt want to talk b4 but lets be honest, fulani men are not the kind of people that go and start looking for trouble, they are peaceful people, i stay north small, benue people are the problem, their youths attacked the fulani men and the fulani men retaliated, all Northerners carry knife but unless u find their trouble, u wouldnt notice that they have knife

ckmayoca , Esseite see my answer to what u asked

benue is a middle belt state, benue has arable land, they were carrying their cows there for grass, benue people were stealing their cows and i'm sure that the youths were warned but they continued because for their mind aboki no get sense, aboki attacked the way they know how to attack, abeg lets be honest even if u dont like buhari, Fulani people are peaceful people [/quoteyou must be a herdsman]

4 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by Peter262: 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2018
embarassed embarassed undecided lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by Felixalex(m): 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2018
You are all liars, even u oga pastor

7 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by yungcyrus(m): 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2018
SH*T REPUBLIC

So I still get vice president

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by ehinorlive: 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2018
sorry dis is d only channel to get to mod
pls mod move dis to fp https://www.nairaland.com/4289979/video-p-square-rudeboy-nkenji-keke
Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by mvem(m): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2018
JUSTICE4Nigeria:
boko haram are peaceful people u won't know they have guns until they use it, agatu massacre, uzo uwani massacre they all steal fulani cow, u need brain even fowl brain is better
...bokoharam no be Fulani na

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2018
Pastor Osibade is being used by Fulani to cover their atrocities.

Oga Osibade should mind his business and leave Buhari to defend his brothers - after all he's their life patron.

8 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom by potent5(m): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2018
Ortom to Osinbajo: YOU LIED THAT I LIED.
APC is a band of liers.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of Illegal Gold Mining In Kano Emerges / Obaseki Pays A Thank You Visit To Diri, Bayelsa Governor (Photos) / Amina Mohammed Watch Keenly As Buhari Delivers His Speech At UN General Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.