Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? (8099 Views)

Blogging Or Vlogging: Which Is More Advisable? / How Much Do U Make From Your Blog? Be Honest / How Much Can I Make From MGID With 5 To 7k Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
Hello people,

Please i need sincere opinion from vlogers.

Recently after vlogging became very popular in nigeria, most nigerians have dived into it with many niches ranging fron comedy to entertainment and news.

I plan on starting a comedy channel, i have nicely written scripts and a means to a digital camera.

But my question is, can vlogging make one rich?
Like averagely rich?
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by webincomeplus(m): 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2018
Don't expect a clear-cut answer.

Those who are making money from it would tell you that it can make you rich. And those who are yet to make a dime from it after months to years of struggling would tell you that it's a no-go area.

But from my personal experience, most Nigerians don't have the patience to watch video ads. Once an ad loads before any video they want to watch, they close it immediately, which means no money for you from that ad.

Just like Adsense content ads, you'll need to have lots of videos and views before you can start making something decent from vlogging. But if you have some creative touches to your videos, you might be able to attract sponsors and direct advertisers (of course, those pay more than video ads do, you'll be in for an inconsistent stream of income).

15 Likes

Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2018
I will be glad to get responses from you guys please.
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2018
webincomeplus:

Bros how far you nah?

Na 4G network u dey use?

Meanwhile i still await good responses.
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by webincomeplus(m): 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2018
vowsng:

Bros how far you nah?

Na 4G network u dey use?

Meanwhile i still await good responses.
smiley I just put up a fairly detailed answer there. But wait for more insights from others.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2018
webincomeplus:

smiley I just put up a fairly detailed answer there. But wait for more insights from others.

Thats a great response boss, thank you!

1 Like

Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by vlogger: 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2018
millions per month. am a vlogger and am talking from experience. tho, am not yet earning millions but vlogging takes time, money and determination.just choose the right niche, make quality videos, use filmora video editor for a start and download all the extra effects pack to make good quality videos. and if i may ask, what niche do you wanna go into?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by dHustle: 1:16am On Jan 16, 2018
Join our whatsapp group here if you wanna learn blogging, seo tips, internet marketing and so much more

https://chat(.)whatsapp.com/6ZszePShuaL8WPOj0DFdIO
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
vlogger:
millions per month. am a vlogger and am talking from experience. tho, am not yet earning millions but vlogging takes time, money and determination.just choose the right niche, make quality videos, use filmora video editor for a start and download all the extra effects pack to make good quality videos. and if i may ask, what niche do you wanna go into?

Sorry have not replied since, i want to start comedy channel, can i connect with you for more info?
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2018
dHustle:
Join our whatsapp group here if you wanna learn blogging, seo tips, internet marketing and so much more

https://chat....whatsapp.com/6ZszePShuaL8WPOj0DFdIO

Bros that link is not going
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by dHustle: 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
vowsng:

I've edited the link, remove the brackets.

Nairaland doesn't allow posting of whatsapp group links
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Amirullaha(m): 6:57am On Jan 19, 2018
It depends...
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Darkseid(m): 7:07am On Jan 19, 2018
Only those you do it as a hobby actually make money from it, if you start with the hope of becoming a billionaire from it, you'll be very disappointed. Ask guys KingBach and MKBHD, those guys are balling and they started vlogging as a hobby.
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Richardabbey(m): 7:08am On Jan 19, 2018
#istandwithsexdoll
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Meajor(m): 7:13am On Jan 19, 2018
My brother, you wan make money shebi? And you fit get camera ko? When you buy camera begin visit wedding events, dress clean... And also if higher institution dey close to you, begin go der and become a photographer.... When you just see a guy and a girl, quickly go sweet mouth then and next dem go smile and market don start bedat oh.... Buh I know OP wan wetin him fit dey use form.... Hey, girl I'm a video producer and a director....

3 Likes

Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by dHustle: 7:15am On Jan 19, 2018
vowsng:

Here it is, Remove the brackets

https://chat.() whatsapp.com/6ZszePShuaL8WPOj0DFdIO
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by bewla(m): 7:16am On Jan 19, 2018
ah han
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by eezeribe(m): 7:17am On Jan 19, 2018
vowsng:
Hello people,

Recently after vlogging became very popular in nigeria, most nigerians have dived into it with many niches ranging fron comedy to entertainment and news.

I plan on starting a comedy channel, i have nicely written scripts and a means to a digital camera.

Like averagely rich?
Try and build your vlog to attract direct advertisement from corporate brands and others,as well as paid subscription...
But this might take longer time and harder work... Good luck
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by pauljumbo: 7:31am On Jan 19, 2018
vowsng:
Hello people,

Like averagely rich?

Hi

You Can make money from anything the only thing you need to do at the beginning is not to focus on money but impact.

If you focus on money you will give up vlogging easily

So back to your question you will make decent money from vlogging

What vlogging does mainly is it will make you become a Brand and well known person once you are known for anything meaningful making money becomes easy.

For me as a person I have 60 plus videos that rank on YouTube and Google it brings sales to my online store

And I make minimum of 100$ daily on my store alone in less than two years of blogging plus other opportunities.

Am doing it full time now traveling taking care of my self wife and three kids.

Finally note that NOTHING GOOD COMES QUICK

you will succeed if you start now

2 Likes

Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Elparaiso(m): 7:34am On Jan 19, 2018
Darkseid:
Only those you do it as a hobby actually make money from it, if you start with the hope of becoming a billionaire from it, you'll be very disappointed. Ask guys KingBach and MKBHD, those guys are balling and they started vlogging as a hobby.

You're right about Marquees, but I think Bach started with Vine. He left for YouTube after Vine for shut down.
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by richlifeclub: 7:35am On Jan 19, 2018
Pewdiepie makes over a million dollars monthly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC3P-m8Nziw
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by tosinjay(m): 7:44am On Jan 19, 2018
Interested in taking my e-commerce to blogging, is it advisable on a blog or website pls? I'm a passionate person at what i do so, would like to know how about this area, blogging, vlogging about fashion products etc, if it is viable. To direct traffic to products and then income via views etc.

As for normal blogging, i hate fake news/ungodly ones and would never come up wit one to push so never considered it. If u get any info kindly share abeg no look d side wey u no like e.g "ungodly"!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by hostkobo(m): 7:51am On Jan 19, 2018
vowsng:
Hello people,

Like averagely rich?

You can ONLY become rich by doing something you are passionate about.

Blogging, Vlogging, Logging, Jogging, it doesnt matter what.

regards
HK
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 19, 2018
Sure you can make money from vlogging but it takes time.

But then you must be either an editor or cinematographer to reduce cost of production else you'd pay for everything from camera to editing

Then you must have quality videos as in genuine content, promote your videos and get subscribers and views.

With youtube new policy of 4000hrs and 1000 subscribers it can be difficult but surely you will pull through.

With good subscriber base, and views then you can source for other income besides adsense. You want to know how your videos gives you money besides adsense then contact me
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by bestspoke: 7:59am On Jan 19, 2018
Op forget about .money first so you don't get disappointed and give up along the line,build your platform and get active subscribers first (you need 1000 to monetise your channel now).
You can think of money later.

Good luck
www.letterlayout.com
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by millionboi2: 8:00am On Jan 19, 2018
What is vlogging
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by 3millionia: 8:05am On Jan 19, 2018
millionboi2:
What is vlogging

Nairaland moderators

Thy only know hw to remove ppl.

Vlogging is video blogging just like on YouTube

Download your latest naija and foreign DJ Mixtapes on Mixtapes.ng
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by phemmyfour: 8:05am On Jan 19, 2018
Talk2bella how much you dey make
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Zdoh(m): 8:14am On Jan 19, 2018
Zidohexchange®

BUYING AND SELLING

PAYONEER

PAYPAL

SKRILL

BITCOIN

NETELLER

For instant exchange to
Naira...instant payment guarantee.

Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer and iwriter withdrawal services available @attractive rate

Call/Whatsap....08088759163.

OUR CUSTOMER'S REVEIW HERE

https://www.nairaland.com/3525491/buying-selling-paypal-skrill-bitcoin
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 19, 2018
vowsng:

Sorry have not replied since, i want to start comedy channel, can i connect with you for more info?

If its YouTube you're thinking of better read their rules very well because if you break a SINGLE one of them, your channel is gone for good. Speaking from experience.

And it takes a very long time before you even qualify to start earning from your videos. I now hear you need to have 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of views before your channel will be REVIEWED for monetisation. And that's if they even approve it. YouTube is no longer as rosy as it used to be. Its just too overcrowded and it seems they are tightening their rules and requirements now because of the influx. Goodluck

Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Darkseid(m): 8:26am On Jan 19, 2018
Elparaiso:

You're right about Marquees, but I think Bach started with Vine. He left for YouTube after Vine for shut down.
Yeah that's true. Bach started from vines as just a hobby. By 2016, he had made over 16 million dollars.
Re: How Much Can One Make From Vlogging? by Barywhyte(m): 8:40am On Jan 19, 2018
This is our problem in Nigeria. All our goals and objectives centered around money. Nothing but money. This is why we are not really excellent at what we do. Majority of youths don't have career-oriented plan. We do things not because we love them but because we believe it will yield money. Once it is not producing money, we abandon it. How then can we grow and develop? OP I challenge you to look beyond money and lay your hands on things that you love. If you love a particular job or career, you will be happy to do it even if you are not getting paid or if the pay is very small. In the course of doing that everyday and happily too,you acquire skills and expertise. It is these skills that fetch you money in both short and long run.

Love your job, be excellent at it, and people find and pay you even if you live under the rock.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Need Web Designers Urgently / Shorte.st is A Scam And Fraud Beaware! / Read This If You Are A Blogger Or Want To Be A Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.