Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food (60710 Views)

Photos Of Pregnant Animals / Many Animals Are Way Bigger Than We Think (Photos) / Photos Of The Snake Man Of Lagos And His Over 30 Different Animals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food by Iseoluwani: 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2018
Tomoyayi:

A lot of factors are involved
*Your metabolism
*The environment
*The will to live

A human cannot survive 5 days without water, the organs start to shutdown but can survive longer without food provided water is taken.

Did u ever read the bible where Elijah ate a meal n it carried him for 40days. Jesus even fasted for 40days too
Re: Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food by Dafreeguy(m): 8:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
Tomoyayi:

A lot of factors are involved
*Your metabolism
*The environment
*The will to live

A human cannot survive 5 days without water, the organs start to shutdown but can survive longer without food provided water is taken.

you are on point..human body system ain't d same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food by Tomoyayi(m): 8:22pm On Jan 17, 2018
Iseoluwani:

Did u ever read the bible where Elijah ate a meal n it carried him for 40days. Jesus even fasted for 40days too

Read and understand my comment.
Re: Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food by tosyne2much(m): 10:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
This is very informative but I disagree with that of a dog.

If you don't feed a dog for just a day, you can see discomfort from the way it acts. I personally believe that human can adapt to hunger that dogs
Re: Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food by snipernigga(m): 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2018
You forgot to add Nigerians in this Buhari presidency. angry
Re: Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food by nelszx: 12:33am On Jan 18, 2018
PapalsBull:

[s]
1. Olm

Time without food: 10 years

Olms are amphibians that live in water in underground caves throughout Italy, Croatia and Slovenia. They have no pigment in their skin, eyes that don’t work properly (it’s blind), fantastic hearing and smell, little feet with toes and gills. It’s also known as a cave salamander.
They prey on small crabs and snails and are extremely good at storing food in their body as lipids and glycogen. When there isn’t much food around they lower their metabolic rate and become inactive, living from their nutrient reserves.
Documented trials have demonstrated that these creatures can live for up to 10 years without food. [/s]

1. Ticks
Ticks can live more than 10 years without food
Re: Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food by kenNeth05(m): 4:00am On Jan 18, 2018
Is ıt the dog ı know or another specıe of dog? Because mıne almost bıte me after three days of no food.
Re: Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 18, 2018
Are you sure about the 1 year for a snake. Hope you are not counting the period it takes to digest a swallowed animal meal.
Re: Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food by olowobaba10: 10:05am On Jan 18, 2018
THAT IS, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO COPY AND PASTE, ALWAYS CROSS-CHECK YOUR FACTS BEFORE POSTING
PapalsBull:

I didn't do the research. I got it from here...http://www.top10listland.com/top-10-animals-that-can-survive-without-food/
Re: Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food by xjiggy: 7:28pm On Jan 18, 2018
Bed bug can live 365 days without feeding. If u think u have rid ur home of bed bugs... Think again. It may be patiently biding it's time till u let down it guard

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NASA Announces It Has Found Water On The Moon For The First Time (Photos) / 5-Seater Helicopter Built By A Boy In Kogi With Local Materials. Photos / Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.