Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) (43527 Views)

Lagos Gas Tanker Explosion, Many Injured (Very Graphic Photos, Video) / Gas Explosion In Surulere Burns Down Building, Cars (Photos, Videos) / Man Electrocuted During Demolition Of Pen Cinema Lagos (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by dfrost: 9:38pm On Jan 15, 2018
lipsrsealed embarassed cry

Safety should be emphasized greatly. Most Nigerians don't take safety seriously. 99.99% of Nigerians don't have 3kg fire extinguisher in their homes.

1 Like

Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by highchief1: 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2018
Harrynight:
Blood Of Buharri!!!
buhari blood na cow blood no call am next time
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by popoolaadewale(m): 9:41pm On Jan 15, 2018
Are you sure this graphic image it from scene?
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
RentedReality:
Tragedy

May their souls find rest

Government should immediately ensure that all Gas stations have HSE personnel on ground to monitor safety

It should be part of the requirements for accreditation plus it also creates jobs

Regardless of your faith, please say a prayer for Nigeria

There's never been this many number of deaths at the start of the year

remember ikeja cantonment explosions? Jan 27

1 Like

Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Orpe7(m): 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2018
LASG needs to make an enquiry of how the explosion happened. Cus i know the company took some precautionary methods to avoid an explosion.
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by dcutey: 10:02pm On Jan 15, 2018
Orpe7:
LASG needs to make an enquiry of how the explosion happened. Cus i know the company took some precautionary methods to avoid an explosion.

From reports of people that went through the plant early this morning before fire occurred,there was a strong smell of gas leakage probably over the night and the staff of the plant resumed early to deal with it although they didn't do enough to prevent the fire in my opinion. The source and cause of the leakage is what is unknown for now.

2 Likes

Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by id4sho(m): 10:03pm On Jan 15, 2018
[quote author=samyyoung1 post=64225532]While am sick n hospitalised for a year plus wishing to give up at some point,can't count d number of able bodied men who av passed out there, I begin to wonder, is death really for d sick or for d healthy?[/quote
God is with you
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by wellmax(m): 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2018
megrimor post[hr:
=64225511]Buhari is a bastard

So says a brainless f00l

1 Like

Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Daboomb: 10:11pm On Jan 15, 2018
wyqay:
rip to the dead,govt should please ensre that every gas plant station are well equipped and continue monitoring their activities.

It is criminal to site a Gas Plant within a residential area, the risks are just too much but our Govt officials will tkae bribe and approve the location of the plant there.
Even the owners of the plant will undercut safety measures at will.

Until we start taking those responsible for such "safety and approvals" to task and making them to face the stifffest punishment, then we will continue to waste lives.

Go and try this in China and see if you will see the next daybreak. undecided

2 Likes

Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Mintayo(m): 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:19pm On Jan 15, 2018
megrimor:
Buhari is a bastard

This is Ambode's area of responsibility not Buhari.
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Orpe7(m): 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2018
dcutey:

From reports of people that went through the plant early this morning before fire occurred,there was a strong smell of gas leakage probably over the night and the staff of the plant resumed early to deal with it although they didn't do enough to prevent the fire in my opinion. The source and cause of the leakage is what is unknown for now.

Make God no allow make person waka for morning carry himself put for death hand o
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by UncleJudax(m): 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2018
balash:

You people are gettinv kolo eachday, so na Buhari na hin cause the fire incident again?
Lol. I think Buhari is akin to Oh My God...for anything Bad.
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:28pm On Jan 15, 2018
chidichuddo:

remember ikeja cantonment explosions? Jan 27

Ikeja cantonment explosions started in the armory. Probably a case of sabotage.
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by kbzee11(m): 10:44pm On Jan 15, 2018
megrimor:
Buhari is a bastard

Wetin Buhari do u wey u dey call am bastard naw?....in short na you be the bastard

1 Like

Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by maybachstarboy(m): 10:48pm On Jan 15, 2018
this is so pathetic, have been to this second coming times without number. RIp to the late ones
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Obakare: 10:56pm On Jan 15, 2018
Not only gas stations should have HSE personnel but oil and gas coy, all petrol statons should have them. It is ridiculous that Nigerian government give license without safety personnels. I am not surprise, do they through right channel? Ask me they bribe their way through. You can see the result.

I sympatised with the bereved.

1 Like

Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Rozaytee: 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2018
Hmmmmmm.....may God save us
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by 1stladdy(f): 11:06pm On Jan 15, 2018
GogobiriLalas:
IPOB people mouth don dey water tongue
phool! You Shouldn't Joke With Everything
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 15, 2018
megrimor:
Buhari is a bastard
buhari is clueless quite alright, but what has he got todo with this?
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Harrynight(m): 11:10pm On Jan 15, 2018
highchief1:
buhari blood na cow blood no call am next time

grin
ok Sir!
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by tsolution: 11:14pm On Jan 15, 2018
According to one of the workers who managed to escape, a gas tank leaked and the fire service department were already on ground. The fire started when someone was trying to run away with his car when gas smell filled the air. The fire erupted when he ignited his car engine
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Trexnemesis(m): 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
babalonshee:
May God have mercy and save us from untimely death

AMEN
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Ikeja cantonment explosions started in the armory. Probably a case of sabotage.

sabotage or not, a lot of innocent lives were lost
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by MONITZ: 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2018
Gas filling stations ought to be at the outskirts of cities/towns,it's not safe having them around or in residential/commercial areas because when the unexpected happens the casualty is always horrifying but less when without a city, will our safety officials heed this advice?
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by SalamRushdie: 11:52pm On Jan 15, 2018
500NLaccounts:
shocked
Remember this is where we used to buy gas back then when we lived on the mainland
Can’t still believe such a tragedy would befall Second Coming
I wonder what triggered that explosion: fire? Vibrations from a cellular phone? Lighter?
In saner climes, and investigation would be carried out to find the cause of this tragedy
But I trust the zoo would just sweep the whole thing under the carpet
RIP to the dead

A car"s exhaust
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by harriet412(f): 1:45am On Jan 16, 2018
samyyoung1:
While am sick n hospitalised for a year plus wishing to give up at some point,can't count d number of able bodied men who av passed out there, I begin to wonder, is death really for d sick or for d healthy?

God knows best..

get well soon..
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by ahamonyeka(m): 2:05am On Jan 16, 2018
Shithole country with shithole leaders.
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Adeagbo77: 4:17am On Jan 16, 2018
megrimor:
Buhari is a bastard
And what is your father? Obviously, your fa**her is an animal for given birth to animal like you

1 Like

Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by phabulux: 5:56am On Jan 16, 2018
RentedReality:
Tragedy

May their souls find rest

Government should immediately ensure that all Gas stations have HSE personnel on ground to monitor safety

It should be part of the requirements for accreditation plus it also creates jobs

Regardless of your faith, please say a prayer for Nigeria

There's never been this many number of deaths at the start of the year

God bless you, sir.
Re: People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by phabulux: 5:59am On Jan 16, 2018
Harrynight:
Blood Of Buharri!!!

In the extremity of terror, there will always be foolishness.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos / CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! / How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.