Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! (3681 Views)

Between Baguda's Rice Pyramid And Fayose's Stomach Infrastructure / Wal-Wanne Rice Pyramid Maiduguri: Buhari To Visit Borno / Giant Tilapias, Huge Cows, Rice Pyramid & Others Shown To Osinbajo In Kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by engineerboat(m): 8:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
All in the name of what?

This is APC propaganda taken tooo faaaar

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by akinszz: 8:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
breeze don blow, fowl yansh don open

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:48pm On Jan 15, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by yanshDoctor: 9:21pm On Jan 15, 2018
Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by freeze001(f): 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
Choi! Why all these lies and subterfuge by APC officials? Is there no truth in them? Must u feel among?

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by yanshDoctor: 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2018
Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by yanshDoctor: 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2018
Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by ikeyman00(m): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2018
Before the end of 2017 Boko harem Buhari told his zombies

We will publish the name of corrupt people - Mallam Buhari

in the presence of Osibajor

Today Osibajor is telling us he wake up this morning to read that what Benue governor stated in the National papers is a lie

and you are seriously telling us this place is not a zoo

my goodness me!

APC government for manipulators, thieves, looters, zombies and liars

ndi ara

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by able20(m): 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2018
freeze001:
Choi! Why all these lies and subterfuge by APC officials? Is there no truth in them? Must u feel among?
Fear the SW, they will tell you that Their IGR is bigger than California and New york

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by abokibuhari: 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2018
able20:

Fear the SW, they will tell you that Their IGR is bigger than California and New york
grin

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by obailala(m): 11:06pm On Jan 15, 2018
grin grin
Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by engineerboat(m): 11:07pm On Jan 15, 2018
Thursday, 21st December, 2017 was another red-letter day in Ogun State. In one iconic gesture, unprecedented in the annals of the state, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, the governor of Ogun State, unveiled the MITROS Rice Processing Factory and MITROS Rice.

Against the backdrop of the role rice plays in the lives of the overwhelming majority of Nigerians and that close to one trillion naira (N1 trillion) of our money is expended annually on importation of the commodity, one cannot but agree with Governor Amosun that the inauguration of MITROS Rice Mill and MITROS Rice was a “watershed”.

This water should now flow over the arable land across the country with rice pyramids levitating in every nook and cranny till we the nation achieves zero rice importation.

Rice is like water in Nigeria. To appropriate the inimitable Fela Anikulapo Kuti, “Raisi, e no get enemy!” (Rice has no enemy). Tell me one house where rice is not a staple food and I will tell you no such home exists in Nigeria. It’s quite possible, but I’m yet to encounter a child who does not like rice. Fried, jollof or white, rice it is for millions of Nigerians!

Ogun Rice Pyramid

How rice became a staple food, attained a larger than life image in our country, is outside the scope of this exercise. It suffices to emphasize that a situation where humongous part of our scarce Forex is expended on importation of rice is not sustainable.

The current Minister of Agriculture, Chief Audu Ogbeh, once lamented the culture of rice importation: “We cannot afford $5m a day for rice shipments in this country. It has gone on for 40 years. And I assure you that it is our reckless policy of importation that has brought Nigeria down to where she is now. Those who keep talking of imports either do not mean Nigeria well or simply refuse to recognise the fact that we cannot afford the imports.”

It is even more embarrassing that we import this staple from the strategic reserves of developing countries. Most of the imports are of doubtful nutritional value, some of the grains having been stored for upward of ten years.

Why should Nigeria with unemployment problem continue to create millions of jobs for other countries through mindless imports?

Why should we continue to put pressure on our foreign exchange by expending two billion dollars ($2 billion) yearly on rice importation? Can’t we eat what we grow? Can’t we grow what we eat? What about the vast hectares of God-given arable land to this country?

President Muhammadu Buhari would no longer stomach the abnormal situation, hence the setting up of Anchor Borrowers’ Programme (ABP) on November 17, 2015 and later Presidential Task Force on Agricultural Commodities and Production. Governor Amosun as well recoils at this gargantuan amount of money used to fund the economies of other nations, hence his indefatigable commitment to break the jinx and ensure we plant, process and package what we consume.

According to Amosun, “Our past efforts at tackling poverty in all ramifications will amount to nothing if concerted efforts are not taken to ensure food security to people at all income levels. This is why today is a significant day, not just for Ogun State, but for Nigeria as well. The MITROS Rice Mill, the first of its kind in Ogun State, will create jobs for our farmers. From now on they will no longer need to travel far and wide in search of milling facilities.”

The MITROS Rice, especially the popular Ofada rice, is of better quality, hygienic and fresh in comparison to imports of contentious nutritional value. The MITROS rice, apart from creating thousands of direct and indirect jobs, costs less than the imported ones and has been bagged for the benefit of every segment of the society – 1kg, 5kg, 10kg, 25kg and 50kg.

“Ladies and Gentlemen,” enthused Amosun at the landmark event, “this is a day of great pride for our State. Today, Ogun State joins the proud league of rice-producing States in Nigeria, and MITROS Rice becomes part and parcel of the unfolding story of Nigeria’s rice revolution. The journey of a thousand miles, it is said, begins with a single step.

Today, we take that step, confident that the journey ahead of us will yield results and impact our people beyond our most ambitious expectations. We will be keen learners, and strive to get better with each passing day, and each planting season. And, we are extending our hand of partnership to the private sector; we welcome you to take the lead in this agricultural revolution that is unfolding in Ogun State.”

The Amosun administration has now blazed a trail in rice revolution. Big (and small businesses) should now take advantage of the enabling environment created by the current government by investing massively in rice plantation, processing and packaging in Ogun State.

The Governor of the Central Bank, Mr Godwin Emefiele, said the apex bank would give credit facility to farmers at five per cent interest rate as part of the Muhammadu Buhari government’s strategy to increase food production and self-sufficiency in the country.

We congratulate Senator Ibikunle Amosun for another feather in his cap. President Muhammadu Buhari deserves all plaudits for walking the talk in agriculture. Things can only get better in Ogun State and Nigeria at large.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/ogun-rice-revolution/

1 Like

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by darfay: 11:10pm On Jan 15, 2018
Nigeria is a shithole country

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by ChimaAgbalajob: 11:13pm On Jan 15, 2018
APC and lies !

This is why Trump call Africa a Shithole!

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by doctokwus: 11:24pm On Jan 15, 2018
grin grin
Goverment of liars,for liars and by liars,headed by a clannish,lying,incompetent,monstrous,bigot.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by powerkey: 12:15am On Jan 16, 2018
Kai APC, e never do una?
This is an insult to the suffisticated brown roof region.
Haba, this people don't have conscience.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by hotspec(m): 12:22am On Jan 16, 2018
Ogun is a shithole state governed by a shithole party full of deceit

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by LibertyRep: 12:38am On Jan 16, 2018
Methinks the structure above is just the skeleton for the pyramid to stand firm.

I initially thought the rice were rebaged as alleged to have been done in Kogi until I saw the the video of the factory on a program on TV.

Majority of our politicians are deceitful though and one cannot imagine how low they can sink just to score cheap political points.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by debaj10: 12:47am On Jan 16, 2018
this beggars belief...
how can intelligent people be part of such atrocities?!
Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by awakeupcall4all(m): 12:54am On Jan 16, 2018
Na wa ooooo..So much for this satanic hardship inflicting change of propaganda, lies and deceit..But for how long will they continue to use lies to cover up for lies just to deceive the people??...Shame!
Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:14am On Jan 16, 2018
See sophistication.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by Guestlander: 4:03am On Jan 16, 2018
hotspec:
Ogun is a shithole state governed by a shithole party full of deceit

He should have said Biafra is a shithole. It is not what people call you that matters but what you answer to.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by Yyeske(m): 4:22am On Jan 16, 2018
able20:

Don't mind them, ordinary rice Anambra produces and it's in every shop in the state, they can't produce.
All we see is IGR and GDP phantom figures
Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by babacletus: 4:27am On Jan 16, 2018
I guess you can call that a pyramid scheme
Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by Alejoa(f): 4:28am On Jan 16, 2018
Jesus Christ! Menh....these people keep hitting a low on many fronts.... Ridiculous to say the least!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by Ratello: 5:08am On Jan 16, 2018
APC is a party built on lies

1 Like

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:27am On Jan 16, 2018
You igbos and your funny propaganda grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

You were able to knw that they were sands but no pictures of the one that you actually opened to reveal the sands, right?

The same rice that people bought during the launch and is still available at farmers market throughout the state!

grin grin grin

I bought mine at the farmers market at Asero Abeokuta.
This is funny, I swear

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by adeolakemi: 7:41am On Jan 16, 2018
imagine if this WS done by an Igbo governor ,cltaltdel,ipobarecriminals,,laudate,omenka,superstar1,kn3h and other Yoruba Muslims would have opened a dozen thread on how igboland is barren and not go for business...REPUBLIC OF SAND(RICE)PYRAMID

1 Like

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by ipobarecriminals: 8:12am On Jan 16, 2018
i
Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by Balkan(m): 8:36am On Jan 16, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:

You were able to knw that they were sands but no pictures of the one that you actually opened to reveal the sands, right?

The same rice that people bought during the launch and is still available at farmers market throughout the state!

grin grin grin

This is funny, I swear

Afonja shithole, fela called you Zone_B. Your brainwashed sense will not let you see the bag of sands there that were not branded.

Afonja save yourselves from the hands of Fulanis. Be proud of yourselves. Fulanis are human beings like you. You cant see the fake pyramid constructed with wood. Was that how the groundnut pyramids were built in the north?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! by engineerboat(m): 8:57am On Jan 16, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:

grin grin grin

This is funny, I swear

Arakunrin eyi kin se aroye tabi awawi asan

Pinsure-or-i don't believe your epistle above

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hameed Ali CG Of Customs Knelt Down To Greet Mother In-law-photo / Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot / Caption This Photo Of Ganduje Looking At The Back Of Tunubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.