Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued (25599 Views)

Lanre Gentry Responds To Mercy Aigbe's Father's Day Post / Maryiam Elisha Rikaotobyme Who Gave Bride's Dress To Mercy Aigbe Reacts / Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe For Her 40th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Chydo63(m): 7:55am On Jan 16, 2018
Joshmodest:
Mercy is just trying to shift blame away form her head and sue the tailor to court...after all dis yeyebrities don enter yawa..d next thing is to blame it on somebody and sue to court..
you sure say you dey follow this story??
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by samdon12(m): 7:58am On Jan 16, 2018
anochuko01:
that's too harsh.
simply ask for a refund naa
what's harsh in teaching someone what she doesn't know?

2 Likes

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by ireneidiva(f): 7:59am On Jan 16, 2018
Ekiseme:
She should let it go.
For what? The designer has been doing this rubbish since.

1 Like

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by samdon12(m): 8:00am On Jan 16, 2018
Joshmodest:
Mercy is just trying to shift blame away form her head and sue the tailor to court...after all dis yeyebrities don enter yawa..d next thing is to blame it on somebody and sue to court..
I'm really worried about you
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by MrMcJay(m): 8:02am On Jan 16, 2018
Enoquin:
The tailor is not being sued yet, this is a letter asking her to settle, the amount for settlement was not stated; both parties will have to come to an agreement on what's suitable.

What I don't understand though is trying to join Mercy in this breach of contract, I might not be a Mercy fan but asides from sentiments I do not see why she should be called out. Even if Mercy coerced the designer to give her the dress, as long as the said designer had an agreement to fulfill a contract with another party and failed; it is on her head. Mercy entered into no agreement with the bride and should be allowed to breathe.

The fabric used in making the dress found on Mercy belongs to someone else. That person alleged her clothes were fraudulently converted and Mercy is a beneficiary of that fraudulent conversion.

Mercy wore a stolen cloth. She's either going to be a Claimant's witness or 2nd Defendant. No hiding from this wahala.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by samdon12(m): 8:07am On Jan 16, 2018
Joshmodest:

to be sincere initially I didn't read to know it was.d bride sueing her...but Mercy must have incited the arrest of d tailor one way or the other, cos she spoke about contacting the bride as well as speaking to her own lawyers on Instagram sometime last week...she must have encouraged d bride to take legal action..cos d bride didn't seem interested before..it's almost 15 days since Mercy's birthday na...
please always read and comprehend before attempting to answer or comment, both here on nairaland, every other place online and especially in exams because you just got an F or at most an E from both your first and second post, you are just writing off point

1 Like

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by samdon12(m): 8:13am On Jan 16, 2018
ignis:
Please let the sleeping dog lie.
dogs that should be awake and alert should be left to sleep for things to continue to go bad abi. This kind of mentality and attitude has not helped us as a nation at all, please let's learn to do things right and take responsibility for our mistakes and misdeeds

3 Likes

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by ignis: 8:13am On Jan 16, 2018
Tomoyayi:

Would you say this if it had happened to you?

Sure
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by samdon12(m): 8:25am On Jan 16, 2018
Ekiseme:
She should let it go.
No she shouldn't, that is a mark of irresponsibility and indiscipline, we shouldn't continue to allow such ugly and despicable trends thrive. We have suffered so much for this ' let it go' attitude

2 Likes

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by bethyz(m): 8:49am On Jan 16, 2018
If it like that . I should sue the Tailor that collected 5k from me to sew my dress returned the cloth without sewing it and didn't return my money
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by bernard1000001(m): 8:57am On Jan 16, 2018
See grammar
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by ewizard1: 9:00am On Jan 16, 2018
Me I no dey do like so ooo! grin
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by texazzpete(m): 9:29am On Jan 16, 2018
ignis:
Please let the sleeping dog lie.

Ekiseme:
She should let it go.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves for these disgraceful posts.
People are standing up for themselves and you people are trying to encourage impunity and sow the seed of cowardice.

Pathetic
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by otabuko(m): 9:38am On Jan 16, 2018
anochuko01:
that's too harsh.
simply ask for a refund naa
See how easy it is for you to say!
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by jabbo(m): 9:38am On Jan 16, 2018
Joshmodest:
Just read what you wrote again. SMH, you either read and didn't understand or you didn't read the story at all.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by dfrost: 9:45am On Jan 16, 2018
CelebrityP:

Did u read d post at all?

cheesy grin as in the matter tire me. People will never seize to amaze me.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by durasome(m): 10:37am On Jan 16, 2018
free2ryhme:
The aggrieved bride @rettypety, whose wedding was scheduled for 29th December 2017 has institute a court action against Maryam Elisha (@rikaotobyme) and all involved. The long and short is that she is seeking compensation for the breach by the designer.

See picture of court action documents

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd_DoT9H3sB86dJ4NtThxqOGZVCux339Skb6pI0/?taken-by=jagbajantis_vines
.serves her right.she wanted to be smart.dishonest people everywhere.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Mryacks: 10:58am On Jan 16, 2018
Ordinarily I would say why go through all the trouble because of a dress, but reading this has made me see the "trauma" that woman must have passed through waiting for her dress to arrive and especially for her wedding. Not a good experience....so case on I guess grin

1 Like

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by opribo(m): 11:19am On Jan 16, 2018
That's the way to go, always do the right thing.

Whatever money or arrangement she and the 'olojukiokoro' had they will go and tell the court.

Mercy cannot say she didn't know her material she gave to the tailor. She have seen the finished dress on display and she was tempted to use it for publicity now ended in disgrace.

The owner must use them as scape goats let face the music in court as a deterrent to others.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by SSAwhistleblowe: 12:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
joinnow:
All this write up for just one dress
Women and dress
Serve the tailor well.
Next time the tailor go think twice b4 subleasing pesin dress.
Corruption everywhere

It’s about one person’s injustice to another.. I am so happy this is happening people should learn not to take others for granted.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Tomoyayi(m): 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2018
ignis:

Sure

Be deceiving yasef o
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Gemc3(f): 12:51pm On Jan 16, 2018
Joshmodest:

She isn't the one suing.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by anochuko01(m): 12:56pm On Jan 16, 2018
kennygee:

I am neither o. The signature keeps perverts at bay.
I like it too.
grin
very truegrin But wait ooo, do you really do as you wrote there? what if someone has something really important to discuss?
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Apina(m): 1:28pm On Jan 16, 2018
That's what my dad will call "Stealing by tricks". This is long overdue, I was expecting the bride to have picked her up with some mobile police men the day after getting to see those pics online before instituting a court case.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
dominique:
SMH at the people saying that the bride should let it go. Nigerians are fond of leaving matter to God, that's the mentality this irresponsible tailor was hoping to take advantage of. She deserves to be arrested for fraud and sued for breech of contract, causing emotional distress to the bride by ruining her big day. Mercy should also sue her for an attempt at defamation of her person. We have to put a stop to this 'leave matter to God' mentality. A lot of people are capitalizing on it to get away with bad behaviour

Madam de madam! I hail you oooooooooooooooooo

Seriously, I'm so pissed at the leave it to God/let it go mentality of Nigerians.

No wonder Indians, Chinese, Lebanese and the likes treat Nigerians like thrash in their own country with such a mentality.

I'm happy the designer is being sued. It will serve as a lesson to others in her profession to always honour contracts.

1 Like

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by CioAngels(f): 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2018
But, wasn't Mercy told the dress belongs to somebody else? It is a situation were we are never contented with wait what we have. False life that is known with the so called self styled celebrities. The designer should drag Mercy along with her to court to pay part of the fine. This should teach oloju kokoro,s lessons.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by sofigail(f): 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2018
free2ryhme:
grin grin

Kasala don burst on dodgy and greedy designer regarding the Mercy Aigbe's birthday
Mercy Aigbe the vanity Queen.always in the news.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2018
anochuko01:

very truegrin
But wait ooo, do you really do as you wrote there?
what if someone has something really important to discuss?

I do o. Its also a tool for evangelism

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stephanie Okereke Shares New Stunning Photos / Munachi Abii Stuns On SEE THROUGH Dress. Sexy Babe!!! / Adaeze And Joseph Yobo Cover La Mode Magazine's Latest Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.