Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,167 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:08 AM

Never Forget Where You Came From - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Never Forget Where You Came From (446 Views)

Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? / Shoemaker Cries After Getting Gift From Old Customer Who Came From Abroad (video / Kufre Nnah: Meet Millionaire Barber Who Came To Lagos With Only N5000 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Never Forget Where You Came From by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 16, 2018
NEVER FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM
Last month, I was in a WhatsApp class to lecture on a business group.

What I thought would be a normal class with sharing some business tips, turned into a mini pep talk.

Today, I want to share the same advice with you because I know it can help you as we start 2018.

That advice is this; Never forget where you came from.

WE ALL START SOMEWHERE
On the WhatsApp class, I told the story of my online journey and how I was transiting from one online business to another before I met my first client Oluwaseun.

Through a series of conversation, I started as a freelance web writer writing for him for ₦250 for a 700 words blog post. This was so important to me because I have always loved writing.

Before I knew it, webmasters started contacting me to also write for them. First it was Chinedu, the owner of one of the top business blogs in Nigeria, and then Arize and others I can’t mention also came (and my client base increased with better offer compare with my first client).

But, upon all the offers, I still put Oluwaseun’s work at the center of everything.

Why?

Because if not him that gave me the opportunity to start, I would not be where I am today.

Without being grateful for the good fortune you have been given, you’d become someone who thinks they did it all on their own.

None of us did it alone, we all had help whether we admit it or not.

Without Oluwaseun's help, maybe I would have still be a Mathematics teacher and be inspiring nobody. That is why every online class I host or being invited as a guest, I never forget where I came from.

The secrets to every successful person is they never forget where they came from.
They never forget what it was like to be broke. They never forget how bad their talent was in the beginning.

By not forgetting where you came from, you ensure you never go backward. You ensure you always remain grateful and humble so you can keep doing what you love.

Sure, I have had many opportunities to forget where I came from. I could decide to write for any website I want yet I still remain loyal to the cause, and the people who helped me.

Loyalty is never forgotten!

The opportunities you are missing maybe caused by the fact that you are not building in-depth, loyal relationships with people who’ve helped and mentored you.

Remembering where you came from is not enough. Once you reach some level of success, you must pay it forward. Great leaders have taught me that leaders breed more inspirational leaders.

If you have had your chance in the spotlight, help others get theirs. You don’t need to spend that much of your free time either.

There are a few people I mentor and it is mostly done through WhatsApp. It takes me no time at all. The growth these mentees have received has impressed me.

When you share where you have come from, you show others how incredibly straightforward it can be.

Success looks complicated until we see where our heroes started!

Your beginning has more golden nuggets than you could possibly ever imagine and it is your duty to share them with others. It is your duty to duplicate your success in others, and that was why I joined this platform.

So, if you want to learn the art of entrepreneurship, starting an online business and some life and finance nuggets, then WhatsApp me via +2347037569338 so I can add you to my private WhatsApp group (FREE) where you can meet and network with success driven individuals.

Enjoy your day!
Okon Joseph
Content Consultant and Founder of Weebo Media

(1) (Reply)

Do These Routines Every Day, It Can Help Change Your Life For Better / PLC PROGRAMMING ||industrial Automation Training / Great Discounted Cqi/irca Iso 45001:2018 Auditor Ohsms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.