Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,084 members, 7,807,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) (54533 Views)

Heaps Of Refuse Litter Onitsha Metropolis As Evacuators’ Strike Continues / Oba Akiolu's Son Of APC Wins Lagos Central Fed Seat / Governor Fayose Joins Muslims For Jumaat Prayers In Ekiti Mosque (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by ChangeIsCostant: 10:01am On Jan 16, 2018
A lady known as Kyke Davies, has lamented about the bad and dirty state of Lagos Island after visiting the area yesterday. The lady who took pictures of the horrible area - revealed how displeased she was by the heap of refuse and stench which she said was an assault.

Below is what she wrote on Facebook;

I was in Lagos Island today and look what I found. Beside the Lagos central mosque was this eyesore and other parts of the market. People are already making business out of this by selling nose cover .

The heap of refuse, stench was an assault. I got home and could still smell this . WTH! On my way to the salon to take out my hair. I couldn’t get the smell out of my nose. I am traumatized!

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/lady-laments-visiting-area-lagos-island-see-saw.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLJFUIYJ2S4

2 Likes

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Annnonymous: 10:02am On Jan 16, 2018
Lagos nawa

10 Likes

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:10am On Jan 16, 2018
That is Nigeria for you.The people don't seem to care.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by instaTUBE: 10:10am On Jan 16, 2018

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Papanwamaikpe: 10:13am On Jan 16, 2018
Ambode is working. This picture is to deceive those that have not been to Lagos recently

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by obiageIi(f): 10:16am On Jan 16, 2018
Ambode the disaster

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2018
this Aba nah grin angry cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by IamPatriotic(m): 10:20am On Jan 16, 2018
She should take a step further by packing the refuge, at least Madam Oby Ezekwuezile once embarked on such laudable exercise in the pass, internet ranting and photos may not clear the dirt

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by thesicilian: 10:24am On Jan 16, 2018
Every thrash is now taken online, specifically Nairaland (pun intended).

3 Likes

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:25am On Jan 16, 2018
I think ambode isnt really strict about sanitation unlike fashola. It all boils down to the fact that the cleaner lagos vision havent really started working this year since the contract termination of the former contractor.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Pavore9: 10:28am On Jan 16, 2018
I went past there in November when I went to Balogun market and what was going through my mind was......this is a huge "resource" generated everyday which can be sorted, some end up in biodigesters that would generate cooking gas then slurry for crops then the pet bottles and cellophane recycled into irrigation pipes, sign posts etc as Ecopost Kenya and some other SMEs are doing here in Nairobi.

These are all products of Ecopost made from waste plastics.

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 16, 2018
Am sure this would be cleared in 24hrs... Ambode is cool like that.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by AfonjaSlayer(f): 10:48am On Jan 16, 2018
Ebe obu na Island di otua kedu kwanu ka Oshodi ga adi

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Realdeals(m): 10:50am On Jan 16, 2018
Ambode has failed in waste management.

18 Likes

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 10:54am On Jan 16, 2018
We are currently transiting from LAWMA PSPs to VisionSCape so there are a lot of teething issues as expected but they will be surmounted in the coming days ..#TEAMAMBODE...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by anibirelawal(m): 11:03am On Jan 16, 2018
SalamRushdie:
We are currently transiting from LAWMA PSPs to VisionSCape so there are a lot of teething issues as expected but they will be surmounted in the coming days ..#TEAMAMBODE...

You are very right!

Many Peoples seems not to be aware of the current change in events, of waste management in Lagos State.

All this refuse will be dealt with soonest.

Eko O Ni Baje o!

8 Likes

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by joinnow: 11:23am On Jan 16, 2018
Now that cart pusher has been ban im Eko the dirty go jabarata.

6 Likes

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Blackfire(m): 11:27am On Jan 16, 2018
For me lagos has always been over hyped..

Eko to ti baje tipe tipe

8 Likes

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Blackfire(m): 11:33am On Jan 16, 2018
joinnow:
Now that cart pusher has been ban im Eko the dirty go jabarata.

Confused govt.... Destroying everything in there path...

Tears sorrows and blood

3 Likes

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Blackfire(m): 11:35am On Jan 16, 2018
Esseite:
Am sure this would be cleared in 24hrs... Ambode is cool like that.

Lets have a bet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by 1shortblackboy: 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
for me Lagos was far more cleaner in Fashola's tenure than Ambode's..... this is even victoria Island o. what will u say if u go to the mainland. especially ijeshatedo area. the whole place seems abandoned

12 Likes

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by chillychill(f): 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2018
shocked
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Xtopher123(m): 1:29pm On Jan 16, 2018
Jeeezzzz shocked shocked shocked shocked

Anyways go to Douglas Road in Owerri, you'll see more...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Siddeek: 1:30pm On Jan 16, 2018
E
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by eddieguru(m): 1:30pm On Jan 16, 2018
cool cool cool cool
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by ignis: 1:30pm On Jan 16, 2018
hi
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by phemgoldok: 1:30pm On Jan 16, 2018
Govt should do something asap
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by robosky02(m): 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2018
ok

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Okoyeebos: 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2018
obiageIi:
Ambode the disaster

Mention one Governor in the entire history of your region who has achieved one-tenth of what Ambode has achieved.

You clowns elect the worst possible human beings as your Governors but run by Lagos to be ruled by sensible people.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by nairavsdollars(f): 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2018
In a saner clime, the refuse in Lagos is enough reason why that Godzilla of a Lagos governor will not be reelected
He banned PSP, he is arresting cart pushers, yet the state has turned to 'Centre of Refuse'
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Okoyeebos: 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2018
Realdeals:
Ambode has failed in waste management.

I disagree.

The PSP franchise have been been discontinued and Visionscape is now in charge.

It's basically transition-related hitches.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) / Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki / What Is President Buhari Telling Oshiomhole In This Picture With Lyon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.