Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,578 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) (54535 Views)

Heaps Of Refuse Litter Onitsha Metropolis As Evacuators’ Strike Continues / Oba Akiolu's Son Of APC Wins Lagos Central Fed Seat / Governor Fayose Joins Muslims For Jumaat Prayers In Ekiti Mosque (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 2:24pm On Jan 16, 2018
IamPatriotic:
She should take a step further by packing the refuge, at least Madam Oby Ezekwuezile once embarked on such laudable exercise in the pass, internet ranting and photos may not clear the dirt

Yes. That's how it's done in normal societies. I agree with you. Private citizens go about collecting refuse for disposal. My question is; what is the job of the elected officials tasked to ensure this does not happen? Una go suffer die for that country no be swear.

1 Like

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by travelpoint: 2:24pm On Jan 16, 2018
Annnonymous:
Lagos nawa
When Trump called African countries shitholes....... people were angry. Look at this

1 Like

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Zirah: 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2018
You are traumatised? Go back to your village.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by egopersonified(f): 2:32pm On Jan 16, 2018
was expecting Lagos would start teaching it's people to separate refuse before dumping. we already re-circle papers, iron/aluminium and pet bottles
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by AceDomino(m): 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2018
Ambode is working
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Austinoiz(m): 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2018
Esseite:
Am sure this would be cleared in 24hrs... Ambode is cool like that.

One of Anbode's hypnotized zombies spotted.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by superlanny(m): 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2018
obiageIi:
Ambode the disaster
your looking for attention abi, am sure your not a Lagosian, so I can understand your frustration.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by XX01(f): 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2018
Okoyeebos:

I disagree.

The PSP franchise have been been discontinued and Visionscape is now in charge.

It's basically transition-related hutches.

This is not true. For the past 6 months, they have been transitioning. When will they finish transitioning? Smelly Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by lovetruth(m): 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2018
that how balogun is but 10 min that place will become clean and broad street they are many marketers there it better than throwing it in the lagoon
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by spartoo: 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2018
Esseite:
Am sure this would be cleared in 24hrs... Ambode is cool like that.

LAWMA has been slow to work of recent. if you move around Lagos State you'd notice heaps of dirt here and there.

in my area at Iyana-Ipaja, we have to call them on phone and promise them 'something' before they would come.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
Realdeals:
Ambode has failed in waste management.

He won't see money there, he is only focusing on where he will see enough money, which is Road constructions.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by IamPatriotic(m): 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
Bollinger:

Yes. That's how it's done in normal societies. I agree with you. Private citizens go about collecting refuse for disposal. My question is; what is the job of the elected officials tasked to ensure this does not happen? Una go suffer die for that country no be swear.

My friend, are still in Okoko, or now in Libya? whichever way, nothing stops the lady from being civil and patriotic.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 3:07pm On Jan 16, 2018
IamPatriotic:

My friend, are still in Okoko, or now in Libya? whichever way, nothing stops the lady from being civil and patriotic.

Where i am has nothing to do with common sense. And there is a difference between being civil/patriotic and ignorance. That is what is holding you all back and your elected representatives know this. Why should they do their jobs when they know you will do it for them. I wonder how you people think. I'm just glad i do not have to deal with you people ever again. What a people. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Martin0(m): 3:07pm On Jan 16, 2018
egopersonified:
was expecting Lagos would start teaching it's people to separate refuse before dumping. we already re-circle papers, iron/aluminium and pet bottles

E tire pesin oo!
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by temiflex01(m): 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
A lady known as Kyke Davies, has lamented about the bad and dirty state of Lagos Island after visiting the area yesterday. The lady who took pictures of the horrible area - revealed how displeased she was by the heap of refuse and stench which she said was an assault.

Below is what she wrote on Facebook;

I was in Lagos Island today and look what I found. Beside the Lagos central mosque was this eyesore and other parts of the market. People are already making business out of this by selling nose cover .

The heap of refuse, stench was an assault. I got home and could still smell this . WTH! On my way to the salon to take out my hair. I couldn’t get the smell out of my nose. I am traumatized!

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/lady-laments-visiting-area-lagos-island-see-saw.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLJFUIYJ2S4

Complainant, na transition, it takes little time for paperwork to be completed, we are rolling out now.
If you're not patient, kindly visit any LG nearest to you for transport fee back to your region East grin grin grin
Guess your governors are doing better. wink wink wink

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Yyeske(m): 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2018
Dirty Lagos
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by mascotafltd: 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2018
I'm perciving the odour as I'm washing the video and pictures.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by IamPatriotic(m): 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2018
Bollinger:

Where i am has nothing to do with common sense. And there is a difference between being civil/patriotic and ignorance. That is what is holding you all back and your elected representatives know this. Why should they do their jobs when they know you will do it for them. I wonder how you people think. I'm just glad i do not have to deal with you people ever again. What a people. Smh.

You can't be too certain you ain't ever having anything to do with Nigeria/Nigerians again, except you're in the world beyond.

Back on the matter, I'm not in anyway condoning Government nonchalant attitude, but there is nothing abysmal in the lady going a step further to help in performing a simple patriotic task, what has she gained by posting those filthy pictures on the internet, spite the Government right?
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by idealogical: 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2018
1shortblackboy:
for me Lagos was far more cleaner in Fashola's tenure than Ambode's..... this is even victoria Island o. what will u say if u go to the mainland. especially ijeshatedo area. the whole place seems abandoned

Lagos state is sliding back to pre 1999 Lagos state.

I miss Fashola for real. I'm very hopeful because eventually, the'll get it right.

1 Like

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2018
IamPatriotic:

You can't be too certain you ain't ever having anything to do with Nigeria/Nigerians again, except you're in the world beyond.

Back on the matter, I'm not in anyway condoning Government nonchalant attitude, but there is nothing abysmal in the lady going a step further to help in performing a simple patriotic task, what has she gained by posting those filthy pictures on the internet, spite the Government right?

No. To inform you of your society and the failures of government. Which is the right thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by adedayourt(m): 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2018
And they picked offence bcus Trump called Nig sh*thole, not knowing the man is speaking the blunt truth. undecided
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Fhemmmy: 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2018
And we wonder why many are mentally sick after sniffing this kinda waste on a daily basis?
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
welcome to yellowbar land grin grin
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Trexnemesis(m): 3:50pm On Jan 16, 2018
Shithole
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Nygma(m): 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2018
Concerning the second picture, how do I get over the garbage if I want to purchase something from the shop??
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by redsun(m): 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2018
This kind of thing is what trump refers to shithole.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2018
HORRIBLE
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by mechanics(m): 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
obiageIi:
Ambode the disaster
Ambode is really working, of recent they arrested some cart pushers for dumping refusing indiscriminately, so it simply means some people are sabotaging the effort of the state government.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by twinycharis6(f): 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
I passed through this area today and I was wondering if Lawma doesn't operate in this part of Lagos.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Alariiwo: 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
That Lagos Island especially is full of pigs.. They come from their states to mess up Lagos.

I blame Tinubu for the mess in Lagos. Lagos used to be very neat during Jakande and previous administrations.

The influx of outsiders is really taking its toll on Lagos
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by agabusta: 4:23pm On Jan 16, 2018
1shortblackboy:
for me Lagos was far more cleaner in Fashola's tenure than Ambode's..... this is even victoria Island o. what will u say if u go to the mainland. especially ijeshatedo area. the whole place seems abandoned

Victoria Island is different from Lagos Island.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 16, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
A lady known as Kyke Davies, has lamented about the bad and dirty state of Lagos Island after visiting the area yesterday. The lady who took pictures of the horrible area - revealed how displeased she was by the heap of refuse and stench which she said was an assault.

Below is what she wrote on Facebook;

I was in Lagos Island today and look what I found. Beside the Lagos central mosque was this eyesore and other parts of the market. People are already making business out of this by selling nose cover .

The heap of refuse, stench was an assault. I got home and could still smell this . WTH! On my way to the salon to take out my hair. I couldn’t get the smell out of my nose. I am traumatized!

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/lady-laments-visiting-area-lagos-island-see-saw.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLJFUIYJ2S4

Eko onibaje... Yeah fvcking right.. Eko is Fvcked up already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) / What Is President Buhari Telling Oshiomhole In This Picture With Lyon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.