Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) (54534 Views)

Heaps Of Refuse Litter Onitsha Metropolis As Evacuators’ Strike Continues / Oba Akiolu's Son Of APC Wins Lagos Central Fed Seat / Governor Fayose Joins Muslims For Jumaat Prayers In Ekiti Mosque (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by agabusta: 4:29pm On Jan 16, 2018
Okoyeebos:

I disagree.

The PSP franchise have been been discontinued and Visionscape is now in charge.

It's basically transition-related hutches.

Does this Visionscape have the capacity to cover the entire length and breadth of the state?

I have not seen any trace of Visionscape in my neighborhood this year, and refuse is mounting up.

The PSPs were disengaged and the govt of the day did not even think it necessary to withdraw them systematically.

Everywhere is messed up now.

Ambode is really not getting it right as regards maintenance. Same story with the roads. The speed at which Public works were maintaining the roads in the days of Fashola has greatly reduced. Bad portion of the road takes ages to be attended to, if they even ever get attended to.

As regards waste management, presently, everywhere is almost covered in waste because they want to bring their own persons into the business.

1 Like

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by olmoRoc: 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2018
Naija! Elsewhere, the heads of the council chairman and/or governor would be demanded by concerned citizens.

1 Like

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Sagay212: 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2018
itesiwaju eko lo jewon run...lol...
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by sirgalahad26(m): 5:19pm On Jan 16, 2018
what do u expect since dat big head stopped lawma's work

1 Like

Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by seunfape(m): 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
nigeria is poo village is better than lag
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by fastjet001(f): 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
Anyone that speaks against Ambode is obviously not staying in Lagos & thus we wont honour you with a comment cos you don't know what is happening in Lagos...
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by bedfordng(m): 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
hmm
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by jonadaft: 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2018
[quote author=ChangeIsCostant post=64242640]A lady known as Kyke Davies, has lamented about the bad and dirty state of Lagos Island after visiting the area yesterday. The lady who took pictures of the horrible area - revealed how displeased she was by the heap of refuse and stench which she said was an assault.

Below is what she wrote on Facebook;

I was in Lagos Island today and look what I found. Beside the Lagos central mosque was this eyesore and other parts of the market. People are already making business out of this by selling nose cover .

The heap of refuse, stench was an assault. I got home and could still smell this . WTH! On my way to the salon to take out my hair. I couldn’t get the smell out of my nose. I am traumatized!

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/lady-laments-visiting-area-lagos-island-see-saw.html

As much as I detest this act, the lad should go to hell. Worse is in Aba, Anambra and Imo
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by 1shortblackboy: 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2018
agabusta:

Victoria Island is different from Lagos Island.
yes sir
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Iceberg3: 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
Coneheads say its the centre of excellencegrin

If Lagos is like this what about Ogbomosho Oshogbo Ibadan ijebu etc?

grin
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Iceberg3: 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
I can help but someone should first help me with that girl on jeans numbergrin
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by agabusta: 7:26pm On Jan 16, 2018
fastjet001:
Anyone that speaks against Ambode is obviously not staying in Lagos & thus we wont honour you with a comment cos you don't know what is happening in Lagos...

Oga I stay in Lagos. Ambode is not getting it right as regards waste management and road maintenance. There is no need for hypocrisy.

He'll be given credit for what he does well and criticism in areas he is falling behind. Its not a big deal.

Fine, he is coming up with some sound novel ideas, but he needs to up his game in some other areas.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Bsingle(m): 7:29pm On Jan 16, 2018
I don't think some nigerians can change their useless behaviour. That's naija for you. Their houses MAY worst than this.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by olukenny: 7:46pm On Jan 16, 2018
Walk around Lagos and tell me where is not dirtyi was surprise with I saw today too from ikorodu to Ketu,if you get to obalande .....oh know,no comment every where is so dirty
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by olukenny: 7:53pm On Jan 16, 2018
idealogical:

Lagos state is sliding back to pre 1999 Lagos state.

I miss Fashola for real. I'm very hopeful because eventually, the'll get it right.
...........you are on point
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Ttipsy(f): 7:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
Nigeria is a daft country. imagine? Lagos island of all places!!
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by oluwasegun007(m): 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2018
1shortblackboy:
for me Lagos was far more cleaner in Fashola's tenure than Ambode's..... this is even victoria Island o. what will u say if u go to the mainland. especially ijeshatedo area. the whole place seems abandoned

God bless you....ijesha resemble shiithoe.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:57pm On Jan 16, 2018
withing 48 hrs it will be cleared.....Lagos cleaner initiative to the rescue!
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by NovusHomo(m): 12:09am On Jan 17, 2018
Annnonymous:
Lagos nawa

Eko o ni b'aje o. grin grin grin
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by brownlolly(m): 5:17am On Jan 17, 2018
anibirelawal:

You are very right!

Many Peoples seems not to be aware of the current change in events, of waste management in Lagos State.

All this refuse will be dealt with soonest.

Eko O Ni Baje o!

There's obviously a transition but I must say that they haven't handled this refuse problem well. The whole state is looking like a huge mess and I'm certain that this will soon cause a serious health problem for the public.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 11:47am On Jan 17, 2018
this is a business opportunity to be leveraged upon..recycling of waste is a huge business with a huge ROI
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by 1shortblackboy: 9:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
oluwasegun007:

God bless you....ijesha resemble shiithoe.
shithole lol
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Nobody: 2:21am On Jan 18, 2018
Yuck! Nigerians are such filthy people.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 07, 2018
Pavore9:
I went past there in November when I went to Balogun market and what was going through my mind was......this is a huge "resource" generated everyday which can be sorted, some end up in biodigesters that would generate cooking gas then slurry for crops then the pet bottles and cellophane recycled into irrigation pipes, sign posts etc as Ecopost Kenya and some other SMEs are doing here in Nairobi.

These are all products of Ecopost made from waste plastics.
So what do you think is the solution to Lagos waste crisis?
Re: Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) by Ayobami7(m): 1:21pm On Feb 25, 2019
hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki / "Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.