Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,851 members, 7,806,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari (43647 Views)

Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari / My Dad Prepared Me Well For What I’m Doing — Oby Ezekwesili / ''Senate Rejected Me Because I’m Doing My Job Well'' - Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by vislabraye(m): 11:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

Point at any foodstuff and tell me what the price was before PDP took over.

Same for fuel.

Security oh security. Before PDP did we have Boko Haram? Were Fulani Herdsmen killing and maiming?

Are you expecting a magic wand to stop this carnage overnight?

You guys who have been screaming a brilliant minister of agriculture under Jonathan forget that it is also his responsibility (in conjunction with the environment minister) to fight against desertification, especially as it affects animal husbandry, food security and migration.

I always say the average Nigerian youth just swallows whatever he is told without doing an assessment.

SMH. Must u always compare with Pdp? In other words, keep justifying the killings of the herdsmen. Compare it to Pdp. Afterall people died under Gejs admin therefore they need to die now.
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Bollinger(m): 11:02pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:
Insult him all you want he is your president and has done better than who he took over from.

Even the visually impaired are aware electricity supply has improved. The rail lines in the south west are coming on nicely.

Npower has given succour to the youth who would have been asked to queue up in a jam packed stadium for a non-existent job, that would make billionaires of the government officials behind it.

Insecurity is still a problem but it has been so for the greater part of a decade now.

The president can do better but indeed he has done well.

Just because you think he has done better than GEJ does not mean he is a good president. Nigerians have poor standards which is why you think he has done a good job.
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Dee60: 11:03pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:
Insult him all you want he is your president and has done better than who he took over from.

Even the visually impaired are aware electricity supply has improved. The rail lines in the south west are coming on nicely.

Npower has given succour to the youth who would have been asked to queue up in a jam packed stadium for a non-existent job, that would make billionaires of the government officials behind it.

Insecurity is still a problem but it has been so for the greater part of a decade now.

I fully agree with you.

And Nigerian youth must stop the abuse culture. It is terrible.

Back to PMB, the problem I have with him is the herdsmen issue. This is another 'BH' and he is not seen to be up to it. This is a problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Bollinger(m): 11:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
syncACE:

Brother you have spoken well jare...
The problem with most guys on nairaland is that, they dont understand what is happening,
How recession came they dont know, how we got out of recession they dont know,
some are worse to the extent that they dont know nigeria's source of income...
So tell me, why wont they wail?...
Leave em wailers jare, its what they do best...
And watch as they vote for buhari come 2019, afterall they only know how to follow thw crowd

Do you know? Guy, Nigeria has always been and is still in a recession. Since the early 80's as a matter of fact. The only reason it was not as pronounced was because of oil. Now that the price of oil has dropped foul yansh don open. And it does not matter if Buhari is voted out in 2019 because Nigerians are still going to face hard times till 2090. Why do i know this? Because you all have not learn't your lesson. And how do I know you have not learn't your lesson? Because you all keep blaming Buhari for your woes. Ask yourself this question; Is this the first bad government Nigeria has had? Let me help you answer this question. Go on youtube and play any of Fela's songs and i promise you, you'll think he was still alive and had just released those songs. Remember a lot of his songs were released in the late 70's and early 80's.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

Please lie a little abeg
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

Tell that to the Npower beneficiaries.

If you are not lying to yourself would you not conclude that power supply has improved?

Am I to pretend as if Boko Haram does not predate him?

Are you all forgetting how radio and TV stations were shutting down before 8 pm whilst the last government was in power?

Are we so forgetful that we can't remember NO I borrowing to pay salaries whilst asking the nation to brace for impact , even as oil sold at above 70 dollars per barrel?

If only you would bury your hate you would find that he has done a good job indeed.
Stop lying.
Electricity hasn't improved a bit.
Nothing like shutting of TV station by 8p.m during last regime
The good thing is Npower.
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by deji17: 11:16pm On Jan 16, 2018
emmaitive:
Abeg wea d light improve go

Nigerian Govt Lauded For Improving Electricity Transmission Network

Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN)
Mr Sunday Makinde, an expert in the power sector, on Wednesday lauded Federal Government’s effort at improving electricity transmission network across the country.

Makinde, a former Chairman, Nigerian Institution of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (NIEEE), gave the commendation in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

He said that prior to this development; the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) did not have the capacity to evacuate energy generated by Generation Companies (GENCOs).

President Muhammadu Buhari in his New Year address to the nation said generation of electricity had now reached 7,000Megawatts (MW).

Buhari said that as at Dec. 8, 2017, the country had achieved 5,155MW of power delivered to its consumers, the highest level ever recorded.

According to the President, TCN can now distribute all the 7,000MW that can be generated.

“TCN and the Niger Delta Holding Company have added 1,950MVA of 330 down to 132KV transformer capacity from 10 transmission stations.

“Also, it has added 2,930MVA of 132 down to 33KV transformer capacity from 42 sub-stations that include: Ikot Ekpene, Aba, Alagbon, Ajah, Ejigbo, Funtua and Zaria.

“This administration is working with the Distribution Companies (DISCOs) to overcome the continuing challenges of distribution,” he said.

The former chairman said that the government had succeeded in solving the problem of energy evacuation from GENCOs to DISCOs with the improved transmission network.

“Over time, we have witnessed a situation in which when GENCOs generate above 4,000mw, it will be difficult for TCN to evacuate them.

“But from the President’s speech, I am delighted to hear that our TCN has the capacity to evacuate all the energy generated.

“This is a big plus to the present administration.

“This has shown that the government is aware of the challenges in the power sector,” he said.
Makinde also commended the present administration in resolving the litigation involving some power plant projects.

According to him, if the power plant project is completed, it will contribute more megawatts to what the country is currently generating.

He, however, pleaded with the Federal Government to compel DISCOs to carry out an up to date maintenance of their equipment.

“Consumers are having challenges of getting improved power supply if the DISCOs’ cables and transformers are faulty.

“If all these loopholes can be plugged, consumers will enjoy improved power generation,” he said.

Makinde also urged Federal Government to embrace the use of renewable energy, adding that many countries were generating energy through solar and wind energies.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2018/01/03/nigerian-govt-lauded-improving-electricity-transmission-network/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by ocelot2006(m): 11:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

Is this a joke? Please do tell how he as done better than his predecessor. Go on.
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by deji17: 11:21pm On Jan 16, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Stop lying.
Electricity hasn't improved a bit.
Nothing like shutting of TV station by 8p.m during last regime
The good thing is Npower.

Oby Ezekwesili Commends FG, Fashola On Improved Power Supply, Nigerians React

http://thejuicyblog.com/oby-ezekwesili-commends-fg-fashola-improved-power-supply-nigerians-react/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32873349

http://dailypost.ng/2015/05/24/fuel-scarcity-beat-fm-shuts-station/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Maydfourth: 11:22pm On Jan 16, 2018
Go back home jooo..
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 16, 2018
PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI IS A MAD MAN
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by ocelot2006(m): 11:26pm On Jan 16, 2018
deji17:

That price of food you mention is an indictment on Nigerians lazy attitude to work. How can you have high youth unemployment, yet you are importing things you consume including Agriculture that does not require a Govt permit or a licence?

And how has the PMB administration aided local manufacturing businesses that are being taxed to death after managing to survive the disastrous recession instigated by PMB's incompetence. Last I checked, more businesses are closing shop.

But hey blame it on Nigerians, just like this useless administration.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Promzyunique(m): 11:27pm On Jan 16, 2018
y not??.doing well...in order to.islamize Nigeria...via strategic means...but it won't work.....Jesus must reign 4reva
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by molas02: 11:27pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

go see ur doctor
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by GavelSlam: 11:30pm On Jan 16, 2018
hidhrhis:

I give u 3 days to apologise to me and to beg God to forgive u for calling out my entire family
if u don't do as I say I swear by Allah I will use u to proof a point
go and ask ur pastor if he sees vision and ask him d person u are dealing with
u won't die oooo but u will learn a lesson not to call out an entire family

I'll be here in 3 days.

Make sure you are here to display your tomfoolery.

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

Indeed he has done well for YOU by appeasing hungry cows with d heads of 75 Benue souls
Keeping quiet after several slaughter campaigns by fulani animals
Pls what is d use of raolway lines and improved electricity to dead Nigerians?
Let me tell you something youngman, in 2019, no religious fanatic cum cattle colony dreamer is coming back to aso rock
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by hidhrhis(m): 11:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

I'll be here in 3 days.

Make sure you are here to display your tomfoolery.

apologise for what u said
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

If you are not lying to yourself would you not conclude that power supply has improved?

Are you all forgetting how radio and TV stations were shutting down before 8 pm whilst the last government was in power?

Are we so forgetful that we can't remember NO I borrowing to pay salaries whilst asking the nation to brace for impact , even as oil sold at above 70 dollars per barrel?

If only you would bury your hate you would find that he has done a good job indeed.
Just wait till he kills everybody in your village with his killer kinsmen Fulani hrrdsmen).

I know you are as insane as your Buhari
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by ocelot2006(m): 11:35pm On Jan 16, 2018
syncACE:

Brother you have spoken well jare...
The problem with most guys on nairaland is that, they dont understand what is happening,
How recession came they dont know, how we got out of recession they dont know,
some are worse to the extent that they dont know nigeria's source of income...
So tell me, why wont they wail?...
Leave em wailers jare, its what they do best...
And watch as they vote for buhari come 2019, afterall they only know how to follow thw crowd

Please tell us what's happening. Seriously some of you are actually brain-dead yet you just don't know it. How can any sane person still support this disastrous calamity called PMB?
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by SalamRushdie: 11:36pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

after all the goodwill spent to educate you ...SMH please stop lying to yourself about electricity because its far worse off. There is life beyond 30k you know

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 16, 2018
deji17:

Oby Ezekwesili Commends FG, Fashola On Improved Power Supply, Nigerians React

http://thejuicyblog.com/oby-ezekwesili-commends-fg-fashola-improved-power-supply-nigerians-react/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32873349

http://dailypost.ng/2015/05/24/fuel-scarcity-beat-fm-shuts-station/
Electricity hasn't improved. That oby Ezekwesili said so doesn't mean it has improved. As I speak now, many areas are cut off from power supply, so where is the improvement? Is it on paper or mouth.
Those stations were in Lagos I suppose whereas many stations were not shut down. How can few stations be used to judge ? Channels TV,Tvc, nta and other stations didn't shut down either.
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by GavelSlam: 11:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
hidhrhis:

apologise for what u said

Are you ok?

Do your worst.

Let us use this as the opportunity to test African technology.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Daejoyoung: 11:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

Please are you expecting the government of a country to employ approximately 50 million people ?

Please tell me where in the world this has been done.

Does this sound realistic or achievable?

You ask what happens after 2 years? A graduate who has an electronic device and a skill in the area of education, agriculture or health , who is university educated that cannot figure out a solution is simply not employable.

No apologies.
l may not agree with you on all of your arguments(because l believe Buhari is clueless and this Government only specializes in the blame game) but l agree with this particular post. The Npower initiative was clearly misunderstood by the person you quoted. Nevertheless if l were to be the president, l would take it a step further by either scrapping the useless NYSC or converting it into a skill acquisition center for fresh graduates alone with funds for start ups to outstanding participants, while the Npower would be strictly for others especially non graduates.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by hidhrhis(m): 11:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

Are you ok?

Do your worst.

Let us use this as the opportunity to test African technology.

Nonsense.
no probs
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by deji17: 11:39pm On Jan 16, 2018
ocelot2006:

And how has the PMB administration aided local manufacturing businesses that are being taxed to death after managing to survive the disastrous recession instigated by PMB's incompetence. Last I checked, more businesses are closing shop.

But hey blame it on Nigerians, just like this useless administration.

Nigeria has one of the lowest Tax to GDP ratio in the world at 6%. So who is being taxed to death?

Nigeria stock market has been adjudged as one of the best performers in the world last year and in fact the best this year. That does not just happen by accident.
FDI on the rise, inflation rate going down etc. Which company is folding up?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by deji17: 11:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Electricity hasn't improved. That oby Ezekwesili said so doesn't mean it has improved. As I speak now, many areas are cut off from power supply, so where is the improvement? Is it on paper or mouth.
Those stations were in Lagos I suppose whereas many stations were not shut down. How can few stations be used to judge ? Channels TV,Tvc, nta and other stations didn't shut down either.
You will speak for yourself. It has not improved for you, but it has improved for many. If you go through that thread, you will see many people confirming what Oby said.
Whether small station or big station o, what we know is that we are not returning to that era of severe fuel scarcity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by MISTAICEY02288(m): 11:47pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

You said electricity has improved?
Did you see the just released list of countries with poor electricity supply in last year 2017? Out of about 140 countries or thereabouts that are in that list, Nigeria ranked number 2 while Yemen ranked 1st position. So what do you have to say about that?

You telling someone here to tell you How much food items were sold in GEJ's regime compared to now?
Please, is a bag of rice now the same amount it was being sold during GEJ regime?
Do you buy beverages the same amount you bought them during the GEJ regime?
What about bread, gaari and other things, are they the same prices they were sold for then?

You shouting Npower upandan, please out of about 120 million unemployed youths in the country, how many people have benefited from the Npower scam?
Just some few thousands....
Also, how much are the participants being paid for the useless Npower thingy?
Even a person who owns his personal business will be able to boast of better amount than that ridiculous amount the Npower beneficiaries are being paid...

You see and know the truth buh you prefer not to say it and keep talking craps just to make yourself feel good.

Better free yourself from this chains of ignorance you've locked yourself in. SMH

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Ibegtodiffer: 11:49pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

At first, I honestly thought you were seeking attention. After your third response, I understood you were convinced about what you're saying. But from the way you write, you're a young man who's getting stipends from Sure-P. I will assume you're a graduate. How many of your class mates from influential home are doing "Sure-P "? Did you notice that since Buhari came to power, no Federal Agency has advertised? yet NNPC, CBN, NDIC, EFCC, DSS, NIA, SEC and DPR have all recruited? who do you think got those jobs? I leave that to your innocent mind to judge.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by GavelSlam: 11:51pm On Jan 16, 2018
Ibegtodiffer:

At first, I honestly thought you were seeking attention. After your third response, I understood you were convinced about what you're saying. But from the way you write, you're a young man who's getting stipends from Sure-P. I will assume you're a graduate. How many of your class mates from influential home are doing "Sure-P "? Did you notice that since Buhari came to power, no Federal Agency has advertised? yet NNPC, CBN, NDIC, EFCC, DSS, NIA, SEC and DPR have all recruited? who do you think got those jobs? I leave that to your innocent mind to judge.

I don't make money from government in any way, shape or form.

Believe me not even NNPC could pay me.
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 16, 2018
deji17:

You will speak for yourself. It has not improved for you, but it has improved for many. If you go through that thread, you will see many people confirming what Oby said.
Whether small station or big station o, what we know is that we are not returning to that era of severe fuel scarcity.
There was severe fuel scarcity last Christmas. The price of fuel is still high.This should be the 3 time this regime is increasing fuel price in disguise. As I speak the price of things had gone up in many locations. For the case of electricity ,it is nothing but the truth. 7,000 mw can not go round the whole country. That some areas are experiencing improved power supply doesn't mean the whole is as you try to paint it. Nothing seems to work in this country. Things had turn from bad to worst. During corruption regime as this government call it, a bag of rice was about N9,000 but in change regime it is about 16k.The worst Christmas holiday is from this regime
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by pefosa(m): 11:58pm On Jan 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

Point at any foodstuff and tell me what the price was before PDP took over.

Same for fuel.

Security oh security. Before PDP did we have Boko Haram? Were Fulani Herdsmen killing and maiming?

Are you expecting a magic wand to stop this carnage overnight?

You guys who have been screaming a brilliant minister of agriculture under Jonathan forget that it is also his responsibility (in conjunction with the environment minister) to fight against desertification, especially as it affects animal husbandry, food security and migration.

I always say the average Nigerian youth just swallows whatever he is told without doing an assessment.
you are the most stupid person on to say something like that....in fact may God punish ....idiot
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by lexy2014: 12:03am On Jan 17, 2018
deji17:

That price of food you mention is an indictment on Nigerians lazy attitude to work. How can you have high youth unemployment, yet you are importing things you consume including Agriculture that does not require a Govt permit or a licence?
so Nigerians are lazy?are u a Nigerian?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lagos Shuts Down All State Owned Broadcast Stations / Buhari Plans To Bomb And Destroy The Niger-delta, Says IYC / Fayose, Nigerians React As INEC Postponed General Elections Till February 23rd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.