Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari (43654 Views)

Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari / My Dad Prepared Me Well For What I’m Doing — Oby Ezekwesili / ''Senate Rejected Me Because I’m Doing My Job Well'' - Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Konze70: 12:03am On Jan 17, 2018
See your brown teeth
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by syncACE(m): 12:06am On Jan 17, 2018
ocelot2006:

Please tell us what's happening. Seriously some of you are actually brain-dead yet you just don't know it. How can any sane person still support this disastrous calamity called PMB?
happy wailing brother...wish you more painment in advance

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by lexy2014: 12:06am On Jan 17, 2018
GavelSlam:

Tell that to the Npower beneficiaries.

If you are not lying to yourself would you not conclude that power supply has improved?

Am I to pretend as if Boko Haram does not predate him?

Are you all forgetting how radio and TV stations were shutting down before 8 pm whilst the last government was in power?

Are we so forgetful that we can't remember NO I borrowing to pay salaries whilst asking the nation to brace for impact , even as oil sold at above 70 dollars per barrel?

If only you would bury your hate you would find that he has done a good job indeed.
pls oh oga which TV and radio stations were closing b4 8pm during d last administration?who was borrowing 2 pay salaries?
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by cooltola(m): 12:12am On Jan 17, 2018
Buhari make Abacha look like Saint

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by lexy2014: 12:14am On Jan 17, 2018
GavelSlam:
Insult him all you want he is your president and has done better than who he took over from.

Even the visually impaired are aware electricity supply has improved. The rail lines in the south west are coming on nicely.

Npower has given succour to the youth who would have been asked to queue up in a jam packed stadium for a non-existent job, that would make billionaires of the government officials behind it.

Insecurity is still a problem but it has been so for the greater part of a decade now.

The president can do better but indeed he has done well.
what was wrong with d rail lines in d SW? which areas in d SW are u referring to?
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by lexy2014: 12:14am On Jan 17, 2018
GavelSlam:
Insult him all you want he is your president and has done better than who he took over from.

Even the visually impaired are aware electricity supply has improved. The rail lines in the south west are coming on nicely.

Npower has given succour to the youth who would have been asked to queue up in a jam packed stadium for a non-existent job, that would make billionaires of the government officials behind it.

Insecurity is still a problem but it has been so for the greater part of a decade now.

This is ur quote below:

"Insecurity is still a problem but it has been so for the greater part of a decade now".

That's y he was voted in to CHANGE things. So that's not an excuse.

This is what d constitution says:
D security and welfare of d people is d primary purpose of govt

That's d yardstick along with apc manifesto 4 measuring if he has done well or not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by deji17: 12:16am On Jan 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:

There was severe fuel scarcity last Christmas. The price of fuel is still high.This should be the 3 time this regime is increasing fuel price in disguise. As I speak the price of things had gone up in many locations. For the case of electricity ,it is nothing but the truth. 7,000 mw can not go round the whole country. That some areas are experiencing improved power supply doesn't mean the whole is as you try to paint it. Nothing seems to work in this country. Things had turn from bad to worst. During corruption regime as this government call it, a bag of rice was about N9,000 but in change regime it is about 16k.The worst Christmas holiday is from this regime

The last xmas fuel scarcity was not as severe as the ones experienced under Jonathan. Prices of goods has gone up because Nigeria major source of foreign exchange is the oil. Nigeria being an import consuming Nation and with the drop in oil revenue, prices of goods and foreign exchange are bound to shoot up. This is simple economics of demand and supply. Things can only get better from now on. We have exited recession and the economic index are beginning to look upward. Emphasis is on producing locally what we consume and the Govt has demonstrated this in may ways. Example is the purchase of equipment by the Nigeria Army from Innosson Motors.
Prices of food will further crash if more youths gets into Agriculture.
A situation whereby we sell crude oil, then use the money to import food that we consume, including refined fuel is not a good economy policy.
Yes 7.000 MW of electricity is still little for a country the size of Nigeria. But you have to start from somewhere. The Admin inherited about 3,700 MW and they have almost double that number. That is a good sign of many good things to come. If we have seen that kind of increase in the past, then we will not be where we are now. With our little resources, this Govt is doing a great job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by hedonistical: 12:16am On Jan 17, 2018
GavelSlam:

If I catch you, with a gavel in my hands, I will slam it viciously on your head with intent to kill and you will die, and I would have no regrets. Bloody animal. Only animals would see anything good in Buhari. Anybody still saying anything good about Buhari and his band of bastards in power does not deserve to be accorded the dignity reserved for normal human beings.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Solorrman(m): 12:18am On Jan 17, 2018
I wonder why the haters of buhari are christians and most especially igbos,does that means he does good only to muslims ? Can he actually separate a bunch of muslims to spent alot on them ? No they hate buhari bkos he is a muslim and mind u,most of the cartoons here that hate buhari were not the ones that voted for him so it doesnt matter if 2019 come,we the majority gonna vote again and let see how u will disqualify grade of wining and acheivement. We like buhari to rule till he die,thats what going to happen,u said north are hungry but u have abundant foodstuff yet u become the complainants. Buhari forever,even if u reply me that means u gonna waste ur precious time bkos i never read replies since 2012 on nairaland and naijapals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by deji17: 12:19am On Jan 17, 2018
lexy2014:
so Nigerians are lazy?are u a Nigerian?

Yes, I am. I'm referring to those who will shun farming and will be complaining of hunger.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by famzynet: 12:26am On Jan 17, 2018
Useless man called president. Shithole president.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Daejoyoung: 12:28am On Jan 17, 2018
Solorrman:
I wonder why the haters of buhari are christians and most especially igbos,does that means he does good only to muslims ? Can he actually separate a bunch of muslims to spent alot on them ? No they hate buhari bkos he is a muslim and mind u,most of the cartoons here that hate buhari were not the ones that voted for him so it doesnt matter if 2019 come,we the majority gonna vote again and let see how u will disqualify grade of wining and acheivement. We like buhari to rule till he die,thats what going to happen,u said north are hungry but u have abundant foodstuff yet u become the complainants. Buhari forever,even if u reply me that means u gonna waste ur precious time bkos i never read replies since 2012 on nairaland and naijapals
Are you also one of those Herdsmen? Even if you are a Muslim or from the north, pray the Herdsmen do not approach your family, or don't you realize this Government must take a decisive stand on the issue? Also Buhari contributed to the recession by staying 6 months without a cabinet, so he can't blame it solely on Jonathan(who was also clueless).
These issues abound and many more but you are only interested in petty things like religion and tribe, what a pity? l hope I'm writing to an adult though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by nero69: 12:29am On Jan 17, 2018
Imagine
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 17, 2018
deji17:

The last xmas fuel scarcity was not as severe as the ones experienced under Jonathan. Prices of goods has gone up because Nigeria major source of foreign exchange is the oil. Nigeria being an import consuming Nation and with the drop in oil revenue, prices of goods are bound to shoot up. This is simple economics of demand and supply. Things can only get better from now on. We have exited recession and the economic index are beginning to look upward. Emphasis is on producing locally what we consume and the Govt has demonstrated this in may ways. Example is the purchase of equipment by the Nigeria Army from Innosson Motors.
A situation whereby we sell crude oil, then use the money to import food that we consume, including refined fuel is not a good economy policy.
Yes 7.000 MW of electricity is still little for a country the size of Nigeria. But you have to start from somewhere. The Admin inherited about 3,700 MW and they have almost double that number. That is a good sign of many good things to come. If we have seen that kind of increase in the past, then we will not be where we are now. With our little resources, this Govt is doing a great job.
How can say it wasn't severe? Didn't you see long queues in many filling stations? How much is fuel presently? Didn't this regime said there was no subsidy yet they were subsidizing in disguise?. You don't ban essential food materials because you want to encourage local production. To encourage local production, high tariffs are imposed on foreign goods to encourage infant industries. The effect is that smuggling will reduce while foreign consumption reduces. But what did this regime do? They banned importation of rice whereas the local rice were not enough. Go to the market today and ask how many persons consume local rice compare to foreign ones? They are few numbers as they still smuggle foreign rice to the country. Talking about youths engaging in farming, how would they when the government is silent on the havoc committed by disgruntled herdsmen. People are scared to farm because they are afraid. Let's tell yourself the truth for once, this government has failed woefully and needs to seat up or watch being dethroned like the former regime.
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by King44(m): 12:44am On Jan 17, 2018
GabrielAganyi:

Pls is this guy in Nigeria or is he just being sentiment in the face of truth.. ... .. no time to waste arguing
I just realized he has a point, the problem Buhari has is his lopsided appointment, impartiality etc among other weakness also he another problem he has is dat he can lie for Africa

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Deathlezz: 12:47am On Jan 17, 2018
GavelSlam:

You would be the last person I would respond to on this thread.

Do you even know the meaning of inflation?

Let us assume you meant to say recession.

Please don't take my word for it. Google "recession Nigeria 1983" and find out if Nigeria was not in recession before Buhari took over. Bear in mind, he got into office on the 31st of December 1983.

The problem with most Nigerians is that they do not research, they take what people tell them hook, line and sinker and at the end repeat the same mistakes they should have learnt from already.

Taking about divisiveness, the likes of Peter Obi, Patience Jonathan and FFK and of course Nnamdi Kanu are the reason the entire nation is heated up .

Until you walk down memory lane, do proper research you would continue down the path of hate and agitation.

As an itsekiri man I have never gained anything from Being one and I dislike the successive governments of Delta state.

I am more inclined towards the South West states, Lagos especially because I can see how they are building.

Delta state is dead and would continue to be so until the people become completely radical and go for visionaries.

Problem with visionaries is that they are usually misunderstood and with their methods often come pain.

But they always make progress.

You’re true to your type: an all consuming hypocrite.

So Buhari who divided this country into 5% and 96% , and openly said he would not treat the 5% as he would treat the 96% has done less harm than Kanu?

Mind you, the actions and words of a president carry more moral authority than the words of a renegade like Kalu.

Buhari who declared an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the north?

Buhari who sent military men in battalions into the Niger delta and military brutes into the south east over agitation of their fundamental rights but had not addressed Fulani herdsmen who are the fourth deadliest killing machine in the world?

Your head must be leaking brain cells like a bad engine leaks oil!!

The same Kalu who had no prominence during JEG regime shot into the limelight because a tactless, tribalistic and illiterate Buhari lacks the tact to handle noise makers.

Ogbeni, tell us what Buhari has achieved so far apart from eating his own vomit and blaming pdp for all his failures.

Fuel
Economy
Security
Naira/dollar
Human rights all have gone from bad to worse.

As a delta boy I will tell you some of your tribes men are renowned for kissing up to Abuja for protection against your Neighbors in delta central.

And what has delta state got to do with Buhari and APC or your Yoruba asslicking for that matter?

You can’t even stay on topic any better than Buhari could address national issues without looking to point the blame on someone else.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by 2016v2017: 12:49am On Jan 17, 2018
Letslive:
Shithole president
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by 2016v2017: 12:50am On Jan 17, 2018
lastmessenger:
This is exactly how dullards talk. Buhari is a dullard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by DMathematical: 1:00am On Jan 17, 2018
Stop celebrating mediocrty! APC, PDP are all failures damñ. . .

GavelSlam:

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by franudi: 1:06am On Jan 17, 2018
If this is Buhari's best, oh! boy escalate dey ooo.
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by goodnews777: 1:07am On Jan 17, 2018
Demons speak through Buhari . Cursed man

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by biggie73(m): 1:44am On Jan 17, 2018
Old boy, your best is worse than Jonathan's. I voted Buhari, but that is my greatest regret.
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Kissup(f): 1:46am On Jan 17, 2018
L for Local
IllegalMoney:

L
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by suremanpatriot: 1:47am On Jan 17, 2018
...this Baba should do quick and handover to igbo man.
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by myproperty(m): 2:55am On Jan 17, 2018
GavelSlam:

Yet many are stealing neighbours food, committing suicide, un-precedent hatred in the country, free to kill license to fulani herdsmen, cost of living un-bearable, once a buoyant economy now a dyeing economy, president of a divided country(95percent and 5percent, Christian and muslim)government of hate(religion and sectional appointment, operation python dance, operation crocodile, operation protect herdsmen and cattle from rustlers, operation allow the herdsmen commit genocide.) Operation billions stolen -NIA,lawal yet nothing,completing projects that are almost 90percent completed and claiming performance. Succeed in solving some of last administration misdemeanour and creating the worst one( hatred every where)

A better president indeed!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by seguno2: 3:48am On Jan 17, 2018
GavelSlam:

Done better has a different meaning in Zombie-ville ‘shithole’
A rogue who returned 48 mansions seized by EFCC to Sylva after making him their party’ Governorship candidate?
A thief who reinstated and promoted a man sacked by the previous administration for stealing pensions?
Abeg, I need to fart! Mo fe so ejoor!!!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by lovingyouhun: 3:57am On Jan 17, 2018
Benekruku:

Statement of a pained wailer...

Better start adapting to pains cos he will be there till 2023

Why are you so sure my dear? I'm sure you are one of his Hausa rams that trekked for him, why not wait and see if your vote will count this time, after all pre. Jonathan was voted out for this mugu to come in
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by Validated: 5:08am On Jan 17, 2018
GavelSlam:

If you are not lying to yourself would you not conclude that power supply has improved?

Are you all forgetting how radio and TV stations were shutting down before 8 pm whilst the last government was in power?

Are we so forgetful that we can't remember NO I borrowing to pay salaries whilst asking the nation to brace for impact , even as oil sold at above 70 dollars per barrel?

If only you would bury your hate you would find that he has done a good job indeed.

Please sir, just check all comments. If everyone else is wrong and you are the only one seeing Buhari's achievements, it is either of two things. Either you are confused or just not telling yourself the truth. Check again! Pèlè!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by ighodalonosa(m): 5:18am On Jan 17, 2018
GavelSlam:

Point at any foodstuff and tell me what the price was before PDP took over.

Same for fuel.

Security oh security. Before PDP did we have Boko Haram? Were Fulani Herdsmen killing and maiming?

Are you expecting a magic wand to stop this carnage overnight?

You guys who have been screaming a brilliant minister of agriculture under Jonathan forget that it is also his responsibility (in conjunction with the environment minister) to fight against desertification, especially as it affects animal husbandry, food security and migration.

I always say the average Nigerian youth just swallows whatever he is told without doing an assessment.
You hv done no assessment yourself Mr Man. If you have actually, you would have noticed that the previous administration of the previous administration had 55%, the present one is still on 5%. No apologies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by igirabata123(m): 5:28am On Jan 17, 2018
Your best is not enough for Nigeria. It has brought total hardship on the citizens of this country.
Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by new2012: 5:29am On Jan 17, 2018
deji17:

The last xmas fuel scarcity was not as severe as the ones experienced under Jonathan. Prices of goods has gone up because Nigeria major source of foreign exchange is the oil. Nigeria being an import consuming Nation and with the drop in oil revenue, prices of goods and foreign exchange are bound to shoot up. This is simple economics of demand and supply. Things can only get better from now on. We have exited recession and the economic index are beginning to look upward. Emphasis is on producing locally what we consume and the Govt has demonstrated this in may ways. Example is the purchase of equipment by the Nigeria Army from Innosson Motors.

I see youre arguing and quoting facts-howbeit, wrong data.

If this government pay you for this, I'll understand because in Africa, its a crime to talk while eating.

However, determining whether a person has failed or succeeded is dependent on set goals. Success is a measure based on what you set for yourself. Aint it ridiculous measuring his success with the previous administration-a failure? So whether buhari succeeds or fail, does it depend on how d previous administration fared?

Back to ur metrics

Tax: some firms tax u to hell in Nigeria, not because they are cruel, but because theyre doing the right thing while majority dont.
Fuel scarcity: if you'll be true to yourself, fuel scarcity during GEJ was at the end of his tenor, we both know what caused it, do u realize oil companies made exceptional profits when PMB increased to 145 when the actual cost was abt 82Naira? Research it. At that time he could have fully deregulated for he had the goodwill of the people, now the govt pay subsidy and is scared of increasing the amount frm 145
Electricity: as always, some areas always have light, regardless of who is in power. However, can u direct me to which substation, generating station PMB has added since he became president? I could point u to GEJ's.. Saying the govt inherited 3.7MW and doubled it, please lies are wrong.. Do u realize it got to 0 at one point under this govt? So can a new govt in future say it inherited 0MW from PMB? Most importantly, what did he built that doubled it? You think body language or some ridiculous virtual imaginations suffice?
NPower: the biggest deservice to man is to pay him to do nothing when he is capable of doing something. Npower is as useless as Sure-P. Only difference is N power has more beneficiaries. If u know guys who got surep and see how happy they bcame eventhough a fool is soon separated from his money...

What else? You know even in GEJ's failure, it is said that he build Almajiri schools, set up some federal universities, built and patched some roads, etc.. It is yet impossible to point at something PMB has done other than assumed and imaginable feats.

You assume Electricity has improved, what mechanism backs it? You assume boko haram had been decimated, im in NE so thats a lie, however the govt needs1Billion dollars for the defeated boko haram. The govt is silence in the face of the fulani herdsmen for so it seems, remember they crush IPOB as fast as they could. What else is there to assume?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari by donbrowser(m): 5:33am On Jan 17, 2018
GavelSlam:

You need to sit and think of how many people have lost their jobs due to economic hardship, increase in fuel price and food commodities.
You keep shouting Npower like you as a person can pick up a 30k job after 4-5 years in University.
Buhari hasn't done so well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari Plans To Bomb And Destroy The Niger-delta, Says IYC / Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd / Fayose Kneels On The Alter, Prays For Nigeria With Apostle Suleman. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.