Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos (71528 Views)

Snake-swallower Dies After Viper Bites His Tongue And Throat( Pics, Video) / Snake Seen Trying To Mate With Garden Hose After Mistaking It For Another Snake / Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by neutrotoba(m): 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2018
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by Ishilove: 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2018
From the mightiest to the most insignificant, mothers are priceless and will go to any length to protect their young.

2 Likes

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by ChappyChase: 10:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
RSVP:
RIP chicken.
grin
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by luvme0702: 10:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
Where is Gov. Okorocha? This hen deserves to be moulded in IMO state!

2 Likes

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by teemswest(m): 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2018
No video of the fight mbok

1 Like

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by adejaresalami1(m): 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2018
Nutase:
For some of you dumb NLs who have made comments like "the only thing a woman has to offer is sex". This is one of the sacrifices women make that go unnoticed. Besides check your mother before making such dumb statements.
What have you offered to a man apart from sex?

Tell us make we hear

2 Likes

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by ladygudhead(f): 10:09pm On Jan 16, 2018
and this made front page! shocked shocked So this has became our Hero Chicken?! hmmm nairaland i hey thee.
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by mrkings84(m): 10:10pm On Jan 16, 2018
The battle survival is everywhere, just that it's worse in Nigeria. Soon I see all Nigerians fighting with their last blood against fulanuos snakes....
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by Honestagbons(m): 10:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
Rest in perfect peace
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by afbstrategies: 10:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
That's why motherhood is supreme. There's nothing a real mother will not do for her children. undecided

1 Like

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by Bantino(m): 10:15pm On Jan 16, 2018
Coyotejack:

the meme
burst my head , maaaaddddd grin grin grin

No be only you... hahahahahaaaa
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by eyoniggar(m): 10:16pm On Jan 16, 2018
Buhari must personally lay this chicken to rest. More than some dead heroes.
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by dont8(m): 10:17pm On Jan 16, 2018
benjamin007:
Am I the only person feeling a fabricated story..Chicken kill snake Sounds more like Buhari loves the south
Yes you're the only one. If you have ever seen where hen that just hatched her chicks chased human or an eagle, you'll know they can kill a snake cos they're always furious and dangerous and that applied to other animals as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:17pm On Jan 16, 2018
Even chicken can protect his own from snake but Buhari no fit protect Benue people from herdsmen

1 Like

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by Foodforthought: 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
Nutase:
For some of you dumb NLs who have made comments like "the only thing a woman has to offer is sex". This is one of the sacrifices women make that go unnoticed. Besides check your mother before making such dumb statements.
My mother can never post her nudes on social media
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by busjeep: 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
How many like for this brave chicken grin
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by Constantiney: 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2018
Nutase:
Remember always, that this place is full of kids and morons.
Take nothing serious.
I saw some of the comments too,
it wasn't worth my reply.

1 Like

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by imagefixer: 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
This is what real motherhood is about, something rare in humans

1 Like

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by FTBOY: 10:21pm On Jan 16, 2018
there's no way a chicken can kill a snake that big. if you say it was a hawk or a kite i'd understand. but not a mere chicken...a local one at that.

anyway, the effort spent in protecting her chicks paid off. i can see them peeping from their dead mom's wings. how i wish buhari is half as smart as this animal.

2 Likes

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by ajufinz(m): 10:21pm On Jan 16, 2018
Chickens now have babies angry
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:21pm On Jan 16, 2018
RIP good chicken she fought gallantly, not like our soldiers that will run when Big prey to their match attack them, the little chickens will now be without mother... abeg where is their father
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by McINoWell: 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2018
anything now makes front page on nairaland this days buhari yyyyy
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by Troublemaker007(m): 10:23pm On Jan 16, 2018
Nutase:

What you didn’t know is even Fowl better so many gals of this generation. Mind you! I said this generation and I have no sister, only brothers grin

2 Likes

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by dokJ: 10:23pm On Jan 16, 2018
Gallant mother ....she must hv died from toxic effects of d snake venom yl usin her beak to fight d snake real hard. RIP
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by kazzy4u(m): 10:23pm On Jan 16, 2018
Eeyah! battlefield to de end. 50/50
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 16, 2018
As in...will my people still eat that chicken?
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by Follygunners: 10:28pm On Jan 16, 2018
Nairalane:
Someone should just move this thread to joke section....

Some reporters can develop stories sha! I'll just be trying to imagine how they come up with newsfictions at times...

Was he there when the chicken was fighting the snake....
How can the chicken wait for you to snap this pics...
Chicken can't dare to wait for a snake... I don't believe the news...

You sure don't know much about the long past battle for supremacy btw 'Aves' and 'reptiles'. Raptor Aves (Carnivorous birds) are known to be natural predators to reptiles. This snake was even lucky it wasn't a raptor bird (Hawk, Eagle, Falcon, owl etc..) else, it'd been a meal. Domestic fowls don't naturally hunt snakes but, would battle them for supremacy and space.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by Lordave: 10:29pm On Jan 16, 2018
dont8:
Yes you're the only one. If you have ever seen where an hen that just hatched her egg chased human or an eagle, you'll know they can kill a snake cos they're always furious and dangerous and that applied to other animals as well.
Hen chase an eagle?

You must be kidding bro!

That hen didn't kill that snake, it's impossible.
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by ReLaTE(m): 10:29pm On Jan 16, 2018
FTBOY:
there's no way a chicken can kill a snake that big. if you say it was a hawk or a kite i'd understand. but not a mere chicken...a local one at that.

anyway, the effort spent in protecting her chicks paid off. i can see them peeping from their dead mom's wings. how i wish buhari is half as smart as this animal.
Local chicken are stronger than those white agric ones if u don't know. May be u haven't seen where a small local chicken is chasing a grown white agric one.

2 Likes

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by mightyhaze: 10:31pm On Jan 16, 2018
dokJ:
Gallant mother ....she must hv died from toxic effects of d snake venom yl usin her beak to fight d snake real hard. RIP
the snake obviously bit her severally, while she pecked furiously at the snake upper torso,.. puncturing several blood vessels and even organs like the brains..

snake died of internal injuries, the hen, from neurotoxins,..much later, as it had time to go back and cuddle its chics b4 paralysis, death and den rigor mortis finally set in,..

1 Like

Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by luwabrooklyn(m): 10:32pm On Jan 16, 2018
Oma307:
the hen died as a hero
hero nko nakamura ni
Re: Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos by Cardozzo(m): 10:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
FRESHG:
embarassed POOR CHICKEN cry

Rich Chicken dey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mysterious Mammoth Bone Circles Could Explain How Man Survived The Last Ice Age / Why Do Caribbean Lizards Look Better Looking Than African Lizards / Boy From 16th Century Found Buried With Pot On His Head In Siberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.