Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon (35877 Views)

Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? / How Christians Can Make Their Tithes And Offerings Bring The Desired Results / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 16, 2018
Hair has been an essential part of us as humans and taking care of them has always been our priority no matter the sex, of course who doesn't wanna look good or attractive.
Taking care of hair over the years has always ranged from washing of one's hair, applying whatsoever needs to be applied on it to keep it going, trimming or barbing (which is peculiar to males), plaiting or fixing of hair (which is peculiar to women) etc.
In this article, I will be focusing on plaiting or fixing of hair in women. For fixing or plaiting of hair to occur, certain primary materials has to be used, some which includes threads, wool, attachments (as they are fondly called in Nigeria), weavon (artificial hair) etc.
In our contemporary world of today, some of this materials most especially the weavon and attachments have and is still been criticized and kicked against by some churches today, thus preventing or discouraging their female members from using them when making or plaiting their hairs siting that whosever does that will be condemn to hell. when asked why they say or claim so, their scriptural back up is always 1 Timothy 2:9-10.
Well not all churches agrees to that, as some actually propose that their is nothing wrong with making ones hair with attachment or weavon.
But the question still remains:
IS IT WRONG OR RIGHT FOR WOMEN TO MAKE THEIR HAIR USING ATTACHMENT OR WEAVON?
To find out, let's visit the Bible. The Bible in 1 Timothy 2:9-10 (KJV) says:

"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array
But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works."

Mark the bolded word BRAIDED Because that's going to be our primary focus.
Before we proceed, let's find out the meaning of braiding. I will be giving it's meaning in English, Greek and Hebrew (which is the original language the Bible was written in).
In English according to the English dictionary, braiding simply means "A weave of three or more strands of fibers, ribbons, cords or hair often for decoration" While in Greek and Hebrew, it simply means "To plait or make one's hair.
The English definition of braiding isn't related to our opening scripture, since it has to do with weaving strands of hairs together which is actually one of the hair styles we have today, so we won't be using that.
We will be making use of the Hebrew and Greek definition since it is related to our opening scripture since it has to do with plaiting or making one's hair.

The churches or groups that opposes the use of attachment and weavon by women always lay emphasis on the word "BRAIDING" in our opening passage (which is 1 Timothy 2:9-10), and when asked they meaning of braiding, their replies are always any of the two below;

1.) Braiding has to do with fixing of hair and it likes.
2.) Braiding has to do with adding of artificial materials/stuffs to one's hair which they claim/say is wrong stating that one is trying to tell GOD, that she doesn't appreciate the way she was created, and that GOD should have given her so so and so kind of hair which they now try to get by fixing attachment or weavon.

Those are really good points up there, I must say.
The above points pushed me, thanks to my curious nature, to research and find out the meaning of braiding in English, Hebrew and Greek, and thankfully the already given definitions were discovered.

Okay, let's assume braiding actually means adding of artificial materials/stuffs to one's hair. The threads and wool been used by women ( women of the groups and churches that opposes women using attachment or weavon on their hair), are they not artificial? or are they natural? of course those threads and wool are artificial.
So why do they condemn a set of artificial materials (attachments and weavon) used in making/plaiting hairs while accepting another set of artificial materials (threads and wool) used in making/plaiting hairs also. So tell me, is that not HYPOCRISY?

So now, here is the thing, the Hebrew definition of braiding from my research didn't have to do with adding of artificial materials/stuff to one's hair rather it means to plait.
If the Bible says women shouldn't braid, that means it is saying that women shouldn't plait their hair. And if that be the case that means all females including those that opposes or that belongs to the group or churches that opposes women using attachment and weavon on their hair are commiting sin, since they are disobeying and contradicting the word of GOD which is the Bible by plaiting their hair (be it with thread, wool, attachment or weavon or just the normal weaving) when the Bible clearly States that women shouldn't braid which when translated means plaiting.

I have a question, and I want everyone to ponder on it sincerely:

1.) According to 1 Timothy 2:9-10, the Bible also says "not with costly array (clothes)", does that mean a rich christian most particularly the rich christian women can't and shouldn't put on or buy expensive clothes he/she likes from his/her hard earned money even if he/she likes it and can afford it?
2.) According also to that same passage, does that also means that all rich Christians including the pastors who puts on costly attires are commitng sin since the passage in 1 Timothy 2:9-10 says so?

Of course the answer is NO, because the Bible in 1 Timothy 2:9-10 didn't say so.
The passage didn't say Women shouldn't braid (plait) their hair neither does it say Christians shouldn't put on expensive arrays (clothes) neither is it also saying that women shouldn't put on or adorn themselves with gold or pearls (which represents jeweleries) rather what it is saying is Christians particularly women shouldn't lay more emphasis or priorities on expensive clothes, hairs and jeweleries rather they should place more emphasis and priorities on modesty, decency and godliness. They should appear like women professing and promoting godliness.

So in summary, The bible does not condemn the using of weavon or attachment in making/plaiting hair neither
does it support or approves the use of threads or wool in making/plaiting of hair because when the Bible mentions braiding (plaiting) in 1 Timothy 2:9, it didn't mention what material (e.g thread, wool, attachment and weavon) were to be used or that were approved and what materials were not to be use or that were condemned for making/plaiting hair.
But what it says is whatever you choose to put on i.e clothes (be it trousers, skirt, gowns or wrapper etc whether expensive or cheap), make your hair with ( be it with thread, wool, attachment or weavon or just the normal weaving), adorn your body with (jeweleries), or choose to appear (Either by putting on make ups, fixing of nails or eyelashes, painting of lips or nails or choosing to appear natural), your appearance should be that of one professing and promoting godliness, modesty, decency, righteousness and holiness and not like a prostitue, slut, tout, gangster or someone professing and promoting ungodliness. That is what GOD through his word (the Bible) wants the Christians to have at the back of their mind irrespective of appearance or how he/she chooses to appear.

The most funny and confusing thing is that some churches will come and condemn attachment, weavon and wool stating that they are wrong while approving thread. Then another set of churches will come and condemn attachment and weavon stating that they are wrong while approving thread and wool. Another set of churches will come and condemn weavon stating that it is wrong while approving thread, wool and attachment. Finally another set of churches will come approve weavon, attachment, wool and thread condemning none. Thereby causing confusion in the Christendom. Well i call the above scenarios, church doctrines.

NOTE: I'm not condemning or opposing those churches, groups or individuals that opposes the use of weavon and attachment by women on their hair. So if you are a woman and your church condemns the use of attachment, weavon and wool but approves the use of thread in making/plaiting hair, please obey and don't rebel but if your church condemns the use of attachment and weavon but approves the use of thread and wool in making/plaiting hair please obey and don't rebel. Likewise also if your church condemns the use of weavon but approves the use of thread, wool and attachment in making/plaiting hair, please obey and don't rebel but if your church approves the use of attachment, weavon, wool and threads in making/plaiting hair, without condemning any, then you are free to use them.

In Conclusion, all I'm trying to say is, the use of attachment or weavon by women in making/plaiting their hair is not wrong. So we should stop labeling women that use them as candidates of Hell Fire.

THANK YOU.

#XAVIER.

#I'M_A_GOD.

Cc seun, lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by magicalBae(f): 9:50pm On Jan 16, 2018
When the pastors are only preaching what will put money into their pockets.

I wonder if these parts of the Bible are not in that one they read.

Hell fire is waiting for this men patiently.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2018
magicalBae:
When the pastors are only preaching what will put money into their pockets.

and please can you tell me how that is related to this topic please.

please don't derail this thread. Stick to it's purpose and topic. thank you.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by magicalBae(f): 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
preciousuweh:

How's it not related?

They don't preach verses that will let members stop going to their churches but always emphasising on tithe.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2018
Old news if you like use,if you like don't use.The world has gone past this stage.Anyways nice analysis.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 16, 2018
magicalBae:

How's it not related?

They don't preach verses that will let members stop going to their churches but always emphasising on tithe.

say some, not all. Don't stereotype dear.

Besides as I said before, stick to the topic, don't try to derail this thread by bring in another line of argument. THANKS.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 16, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Old news if you like use,if you like don't use.The world has gone past this stage.Anyways nice analysis.

OKAY.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by internationalman(m): 10:39pm On Jan 16, 2018
preciousuweh:

Nothing can be gotten from a thread that's not derailed.

Without derailing and opposing comments won't b much.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 16, 2018
Braiding the hair isn't right be it attachment, wool or weavon. A Christian lady should go natural the way she was created not adding an extension. The women of old in the Bible didn't braid their hair at all. They never wore make up except Jezebel.You all are wonderfully and fearfully made by God.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 17, 2018
internationalman:
Nothing can be gotten from a thread that's not derailed.
Without derailing and opposing comments won't b much.
Not in my thread bro, and beside that's against the rule of Nairaland.
so please.............
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Braiding the hair isn't right be it attachment, wool or weavon. A Christian lady should go natural the way she was created not adding an extension. The women of old in the Bible didn't braid their hair at all. They never wore make up except Jezebel.You all are wonderfully and fearfully made by God.

Please can you support your assumption with a Bible verse, and please don't bring up 1 Timothy 2:9-10, because that's my opening passage, okay.

Also, can you show me where it is written in the Bible that the ancient women didn't braid their hair. Where you there?

And also, are you trying to compare women of this modern era to women of the ancient era. No dear.
Because if I'm to go by your logic that means women or men of this era shouldn't be using the gadgets, tech, softwares, appliances, engines and tools of the 21st Century since the ancient men and women didn't use them, that means you are committing sin according to your logic since you use them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 17, 2018
preciousuweh:

Please can you support your assumption with a Bible verse, and please don't bring up 1 Timothy 2:9-10, because that's my opening passage, okay.

Also, can you show me where it is written in the Bible that the ancient women didn't braid their hair. Where you there?

And also, are you trying to compare women of this modern era to women of the ancient era. No dear.
Because if I'm to go by your logic that means women or men of this era shouldn't be using the gadgets, tech, softwares, appliances, engines and tools of the 21st Century since the ancient men and women didn't use them, that means you are committing sin according to your logic since you use them.
Don't put on weavon,attachment or anything that changes the nature God gave you.
1 Peter 3:3-5 ,
1 Timothy 2:9-10. These doesn't glorify God but Satan. Do not attach anything artificial to your body because your body is the temple of thy living God.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 17, 2018
THE DANGER OF ARTIFICIAL HAIR
Whenever you indulge into artificial hair dressing or attachment; you have intentionally erased off your name from the book of life because God isn’t a counterfeit creator and he wouldn’t permit any counterfeit being to enter his golden book of life.
Whenever you portrayed in artificial hair dressing or attachment; your spiritual virginity and dignity will be defiled by marine covenant associated with artificial hair and you will becomes unworthy of making Heaven despite your anointing and years spend in the ministry.
Whenever you give-into artificial hair or attachment you will certainly experience set-back in life, either marital, academics or finances; either now or after repentance. Hence, for this cause, there is an urgent need to under-goes deliverance prayers after repentance because God may forgives but the Earth can’t forget any degree or covenant.
Whenever you soul-ties yourself into artificial hair dressing or attachment; your are likely going to experienced spiritual manipulations in your dream life. The marine spirits and spiritual husband will tend to frustrate your spiritual life, prayers and ministry life.

The women of old never put on those things ( Eve,Deborah, Sarah, Hannah e.t.c)
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by internationalman(m): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
preciousuweh:

Not in my thread bro, and beside that's against the rule of Nairaland.
so please.............
OK if you say so
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Don't put on weavon,attachment or anything that changes the nature God gave you.
1 Peter 3:3-5 ,
1 Timothy 2:9-10. These doesn't glorify God but Satan. Do not attach anything artificial to your body because your body is the temple of thy living God.

1 Peter 3:3-5 says

Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

The above passage is saying the same thing with 1 Timothy 2:9-10, which is what I'm trying explaining here.

The above passage along with 1 Timothy 2:9-10 (which is my opening passage) said Women shouldn't plait and braid which means going by that, plaiting of hair by women in general is a sin no matter the material used in doing it (be it weavon, attachment, wool, thread or just the normal weaving) or manner by which it is done. That passage didn't say women should not use weavon or attachment but it said clearly "DO NOT PLAIT" and "DO NOT BRAID" and BRAIDING in Hebrew means PLAITING. So if the bible says do not braid it is simply saying that women shouldn't plait their hair no matter the materials been used, and all that do it are commiting sin.

Those passages also made mention of apparel (clothes). Does that mean women or Christians in general shouldn't put on clothes? if that is so, that means we have all sinned for doing such.

Ask yourself, the wool and thread, been used are they not artificial?

The bible in 1 Peter 3:3-5 and 1 Timothy 2:9-10 didn't say women shouldn't braid or plait their hair neither does it say Christians (most especially women) shouldn't put on apparels (clothes) neither is it also saying that women shouldn't putting on or adorn themselves with gold or pearls (which represents jeweleries) rather what it is saying is Christians particularly women shouldn't lay more emphasis or priorities on apparels (clothes), hairs and jeweleries rather they should place more emphasis and priorities on modesty, decency and godliness. They should appear like women professing and promoting godliness, possessing a GOD like attitude of holiness and righteous, a meek, sinless and incorruptible spirit, attitude and personality.

That's what the bible says and not the other way round.

THANK, PEACE.

#XAVIER.

#I'M_A_GOD.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:
THE DANGER OF ARTIFICIAL HAIR
Whenever you indulge into artificial hair dressing or attachment; you have intentionally erased off your name from the book of life because God isn’t a counterfeit creator and he wouldn’t permit any counterfeit being to enter his golden book of life.
Whenever you portrayed in artificial hair dressing or attachment; your spiritual virginity and dignity will be defiled by marine covenant associated with artificial hair and you will becomes unworthy of making Heaven despite your anointing and years spend in the ministry.
Whenever you give-into artificial hair or attachment you will certainly experience set-back in life, either marital, academics or finances; either now or after repentance. Hence, for this cause, there is an urgent need to under-goes deliverance prayers after repentance because God may forgives but the Earth can’t forget any degree or covenant.
Whenever you soul-ties yourself into artificial hair dressing or attachment; your are likely going to experienced spiritual manipulations in your dream life. The marine spirits and spiritual husband will tend to frustrate your spiritual life, prayers and ministry life.

The women of old never put on those things ( Eve,Deborah, Sarah, Hannah e.t.c)

REALLY!!!!!!!!.

Are you trying to tell me that women that make their hair with weavon or attachment aren't successful including in the aspect of their spiritual life? because I have and is still seeing lots of them, millions of them for that matter.

The wool and thread, are they not artificial?
Why do weavon and attachment criticizers exclude those.
Are you trying to tell me that the marine kingdom can't possess those also?
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 17, 2018
preciousuweh:

REALLY!!!!!!!!.

Are you trying to tell me that women that make their hair with weavon or attachment aren't successful including in the aspect of their spiritual life? because I have and is still seeing lots of them, millions of them for that matter.

The wool and thread, are they not artificial?
Why do weavon and attachment criticizers exclude those.
Are you trying to tell me that the marine kingdom can't possess those also?
Yes attachment are satanic properties that include wool and thread. Women shouldn't add any extension to their hair as they were not created that way.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
preciousuweh:

1 Peter 3:3-5 says

Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

The above passage is saying the same thing with 1 Timothy 2:9-10, which is what I'm trying explaining here.

The above passage along with 1 Timothy 2:9-10 (which is my opening passage) said Women shouldn't plait and braid which means going by that, plaiting of hair by women in general is a sin no matter the material used in doing it (be it weavon, attachment, wool, thread or just the normal weaving) or manner by which it is done. That passage didn't say women should not use weavon or attachment but it said clearly "DO NOT PLAIT" and "DO NOT BRAID" and BRAIDING in Hebrew means PLAITING. So if the bible says do not braid it is simply saying that women shouldn't plait their hair no matter the materials been used, and all that do it are commiting sin.

Those passages also made mention of apparel (clothes). Does that mean women or Christians in general shouldn't put on clothes? if that is so, that means we have all sinned for doing such.

Ask yourself, the wool and thread, been used are they not artificial?

The bible in 1 Peter 3:3-5 and 1 Timothy 2:9-10 didn't say women shouldn't braid or plait their hair neither does it say Christians (most especially women) shouldn't put on apparels (clothes) neither is it also saying that women shouldn't putting on or adorn themselves with gold or pearls (which represents jeweleries) rather what it is saying is Christians particularly women shouldn't lay more emphasis or priorities on apparels (clothes), hairs and jeweleries rather they should place more emphasis and priorities on modesty, decency and godliness. They should appear like women professing and promoting godliness, possessing a GOD like attitude of holiness and righteous, a meek, sinless and incorruptible spirit, attitude and personality.

That's what the bible says and not the other way round.

THANK, PEACE.

#XAVIER.

#I'M_A_GOD.
Wool and thread are artificial hence it shouldn't be put on in the first place
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by MrBottle: 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
The emphasis shouldn't be on artificial hair dressings alone ...what about artificial cloths we wear. I mean we were born naked same as our hair. It isn't good that you will adorn your piece of skeleton with clothes and leave the hair natural. If you want to move arou d natural you may as well go about naked thats all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
MrBottle:
The emphasis shouldn't be on artificial hair dressings alone ...what about artificial cloths we wear. I mean we were born naked same as our hair. It isn't good that you will adorn your piece of skeleton with clothes and leave the hair natural. If you want to move arou d natural you may as well go about naked thats all.
The emphasis is on holiness and righteousness. In and out of you. No need to add artificial things to your body because it is the temple of the holy spirit ( ROM 12:1-2).
No need to copy the world system of dressing because we ought not to love the world ( 1 John 2:15-17).
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
Christian women are to do away with worldly dressing.
You are to stop putting on gold,necklaces, ear rings, make up,attachment ( wool,thread,weavon e.t.c).
If you want to make heaven,you are to do away with all this if not your service to God will be in vain. Yahweh keeps his word and can never change it for anyone.
The accuser of the brethren( Satan) usually points at these scriptures :Deuteronomy 7:25-26,John 1:1-4, John 1:12-14, Numbers 23:19, Hebrews 13:8, Rev 1:8, 1 John 2:15, Isaiah 3:18-24, 1 Peter 3:1-4, 1 Timothy 2:9-10, Genesis 35:1-5, Exodus 33:5, Deuteronomy 22:5, Phi 3:19.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
MrBottle:

My brother tell them oh, even the bible says "NOT WITH APPARELS (CLOTHES)". grin grin grin
1 peter 3:3-5, 1 Timothy 2:9-10.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Yes attachment are satanic properties that include wool and thread. Women shouldn't add any extension to their hair as they were not created that way.

Including apparels (clothes) also, since the bible says "NOT WITH APPARELS" grin grin grin
1 peter 3:3-5, 1 Timothy 2:9-10.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Christian women are to do away with worldly dressing.
You are to stop putting on gold,necklaces, ear rings, make up,attachment ( wool,thread,weavon e.t.c).
If you want to make heaven,you are to do away with all this if not your service to God will be in vain. Yahweh keeps his word and can never change it for anyone.
The accuser of the brethren( Satan) usually points at these scriptures :Deuteronomy 7:25-26,John 1:1-4, John 1:12-14, Numbers 23:19, Hebrews 13:8, Rev 1:8, 1 John 2:15, Isaiah 3:18-24, 1 Peter 3:1-4, 1 Timothy 2:9-10, Genesis 35:1-5, Exodus 33:5, Deuteronomy 22:5, Phi 3:19.

In summary what the bible says in 1 Peter 3:3-5, 1 Timothy 2:9-10 is whatever you choose to put on i.e clothes (be it trousers, skirt, gowns or wrapper etc whether expensive or cheap), make your hair with ( be it with thread, wool, attachment or weavon or just the normal weaving), adorn your body with (jeweleries), or choose to appear (Either by putting on make ups, fixing of nails or eyelashes, painting of lips or nails or choosing to appear natural), your appearance should be that of one professing and promoting godliness, modesty, decency, righteousness and holiness and not like a prostitue, slut, tout, gangster or someone professing and promoting ungodliness. That is what GOD through his word (the Bible) wants the Christians to have at the back of their mind irrespective of appearance or how he/she chooses to appear.

THANK, PEACE.

#XAVIER.

#I'M_A_GOD.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by MrBottle: 8:22pm On Jan 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:

The emphasis is on holiness and righteousness. In and out of you. No need to add artificial things to your body because it is the temple of the holy spirit ( ROM 12:1-2).
No need to copy the world system of dressing because we ought not to love the world ( 1 John 2:15-17).
Exactly..We all should go about our businesses nAkeD as day....like how we were born. Anything short of this is selective hypocrisy.
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
MrBottle:
Exactly..We all should go about our businesses nAkeD as day....like how we were born. Anything short of this is selective hypocrisy.

Ride on sir grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
MrBottle:
Were we not born unclad before? Wouldn't we die unclad
( Job 1:21). There is nothing in this wicked world
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
MrBottle:

Were we not born unclad before? Wouldn't we die unclad
( Job 1:21). There is nothing in this wicked world
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
preciousuweh:

In summary what the bible says in 1 Peter 3:3-5, 1 Timothy 2:9-10 is whatever you choose to put on i.e clothes (be it trousers, skirt, gowns or wrapper etc whether expensive or cheap), make your hair with ( be it with thread, wool, attachment or weavon or just the normal weaving), adorn your body with (jeweleries), or choose to appear (Either by putting on make ups, fixing of nails or eyelashes, painting of lips or nails or choosing to appear natural), your appearance should be that of one professing and promoting godliness, modesty, decency, righteousness and holiness and not like a prostitue, slut, tout, gangster or someone professing and promoting ungodliness. That is what GOD through his word (the Bible) wants the Christians to have at the back of their mind irrespective of appearance or how he/she chooses to appear.

THANK, PEACE.

#XAVIER.

#I'M_A_GOD.
What makes a Christian is that you are different from the world. The way they dress,talk and behave.
Christian women shouldn't dress like prostitute. Prostitute go about painting their faces,wearing of men's clothing, putting weavon, necklaces e.t.c. You should be different from them

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
preciousuweh:

THANK, PEACE.

#XAVIER.

#I'M_A_GOD.

What makes a Christian is that you are different from the world. The way they dress,talk and behave.
Christian women shouldn't dress like prostitute. Prostitute go about painting their faces,wearing of men's clothing, putting weavon, necklaces e.t.c. You should be different from them
Re: Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon by Rosemary001: 10:15am On Jan 11, 2019
It is high time we came out of doctines and traditions of men
God himself takes delight in our outward appearance, he always wants us to be exceedingly beautiful (Ezekiel 16:13a& b), God derived joy in decking his people with Jewel's of gold and silver.....but at the end of the day Ahola(Samaria) and Aholiba(Jerusalem) turned that which God has used to beautify them into images which they bowed to, and they turned the beauty God has given them into whoredom, killings & fornication according to vs 17,19,21,25,26,28,38...
Also, God commanded the people of Isreal to go and borrow from their neighbor's jewels of gold and silver and they should use it to decorate their sons and daughters according to Exodus 11:2, 3:22..........
So if God had seen seen beautifying your outward appearance as a sin he would not have put jewels of gold and silver upon us, and even commanded us to get from the Egyptians...... so therefore God is expecting us to value and appreciate his creation, by beautifying ourselves......but mind us, we should never turn anything we use into gods, and never value them above God,
Hadn't been beautifying ourselves is sin the book of Ezekiel16:19 records that ,"these people God beautified did not only furnicate, did not only perform whoredom, did not only slain their children, did not only turn their jewels into gods but they also used the fine flour, oil, and honey to serve their small gods.....does that now mean that we using oil, honey, and flour to make our Chin chins, cakes, bread, has now become sin? ....even when flour was used to make leavened and unleavened bread unto God then, ....even Jesus Christ used bread to feed the 5000 men, in which flour has been used to serve these idols then...so how come its the use of jewel's that's a sin and not oil, honey and flour.

So also concerning braided hair or whatsoever I peter 3:3(AMP) says,"whose adornment is not merely external adorning....." I.e you should not only be concerned about your outward looks alone, but you should also possess inner beauty......So it is not as if the beautification of oneself that is crime, but its when you lack inner beauty as explained further as good character, meekness and submission......haven't you come to think of it that If outward beautification was a sin before God he would not have commanded the istrealites to go and borrow of the Egyptian jewels of gold and of silver or even himself clothe us with them as recorded in all the passages below.......So in summary, everything you do should be to the glory of God and not to devil.

Furthermore, as regards to (I John 2:15-16) which Say's
Vs15KJV:Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Vs16(KJV):For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world
Vs16(AMP):For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh [craving for sensual gratification] and the lust of the eyes [greedy longings of the mind] and the pride of life [assurance in one’s own resources or in the stability of earthly things]—these do not come from the Father but are from the world [itself]..
From the above passage, the thing of the world was listed as;
I) Lust of the flesh(sensual gratification) which are pushes or urges that are not birthed by the spirit of God in us, but are just limited to what the carnal flesh wants which may include pornographies, formication, adultery, stealing e.t.c, but lust of the flesh was never in anyway related to glorifying God in your physical appearances.....
So it is until you value your appearances than God or you're not moderate in anything you do that you are now a sinner/a candidate of the lust of the flesh.
II) List of the eyes( which may include covetousness, chasing after another mans wife e.t.c)
III) Pride of life( which include assurance in one's own resources, business, riches, wealth e.t.c) without knowing that your assurance over theses things should be in God...
For instance, as I am now, I don't trust anybody or anything, but I'll always say I trust God in peoples life, i trust God in my business.....such that by his grace he'll not let allow my business never to crash land not minding how stable the business is, also such that I trust God in so so persons life, that he'll not disappoint me e.t.c.

SO IT IS HIGH TIME WE STOP MISQUOTING THE SCIPTURES.
THANKS AND GOD BLESS US ALL AS WE DIGEST THE VERSES BELOW.

Exodus 3:22
KJV:But every woman shall borrow of her neighbour, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and ye shall put them upon your sons, and upon your daughters; and ye shall spoil the Egyptians
Exodus 11:2
KJV:Speak now in the ears of the people, and let every man borrow of his neighbour, and every woman of her neighbour, jewels of silver and jewels of gold.
Exodus 12: 35
KJV:And the children of Israel did according to the word of Moses; and they borrowed of the Egyptians jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment:
Ezekiel 16:6-26, majorly vs 13
KJV:And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.
Vs7
KJV:I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.
Vs8
KJV:Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy unclothedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.
Vs9
KJV:Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.
Vs10
KJV:I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk.
Vs11
KJV:I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck.
Vs12
KJV:And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.
Vs13
KJV:Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.
Vs14
KJV:And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord God.
Vs15
KJV:But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.
Vs16
KJV:And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so.
Vs17
KJV:Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them,
Vs18
KJV:And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set mine oil and mine incense before them.
Vs19
KJV:My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord God.
Vs20
KJV:Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter,

Vs21
KJV:That thou hast slain my children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them?
Vs22
KJV:And in all thine abominations and thy whoredoms thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, when thou wast naked and bare, and wast polluted in thy blood.
Vs23
KJV:And it came to pass after all thy wickedness, (woe, woe unto thee! saith the Lord Godwink
Vs24
KJV:That thou hast also built unto thee an eminent place, and hast made thee an high place in every street.
Vs25
KJV:Thou hast built thy high place at every head of the way, and hast made thy beauty to be abhorred, and hast opened thy feet to every one that passed by, and multiplied thy whoredoms.
Vs26
KJV:Thou hast also committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours, great of flesh; and hast increased thy whoredoms, to provoke me to anger.
I Timothy 2:9
AMP:Also [I desire] that women should adorn themselves modestly and appropriately and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with [elaborate] hair arrangement or gold or pearls or expensive clothing
Vs11
KJV:Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
AMP:Let a woman learn in quietness, in entire submissiveness.
Vs12
KJV:But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
AMP:I allow no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to remain in quietness and keep silence [in religious assemblies].
I peter 3:3
AMP:Let not yours be the [merely] external adorning with [elaborate] interweaving and knotting of the hair, the wearing of jewelry, or changes of clothes;
(I John 2:15-16)
Vs15KJV:Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Vs16(KJV):For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world
Vs16(AMP):For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh [craving for sensual gratification] and the lust of the eyes [greedy longings of the mind] and the pride of life
I peter 3:3
AMP:Let not yours be the [merely] external adorning with [elaborate] interweaving and knotting of the hair, the wearing of jewelry, or changes of clothes;

(1) (Reply)

7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting / Dressing Modestly Pays / Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.