Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,452 members, 7,781,306 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:09 PM

IGP Gets 14 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Benue Killer Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Gets 14 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Benue Killer Herdsmen (408 Views)

Uwaila Omozuwa Rape: President Buhari Reacts, Directs Police To Fish Out Rapists / Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River / I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

IGP Gets 14 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Benue Killer Herdsmen by sharpden: 12:21am On Jan 17, 2018
THE Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has been given 14 days ultimatum to fish out the perpetrators of the killings in Benue State.

The Senate issued the ultimatum on Tuesday rising from over six hours consideration of the worsening security situation in the country.

It also asked its presiding officers to convey the resolutions to President Muhammadu Buhari for immediate implementation.

“We took almost six hours to deliberate. It shows that it is goes beyond religion and ethnicity. It shows that there is breakdown of law and order. If we fail to act, it will be an indictment. We want immediate action. One of the issues is justice. Without justice, there can be no peace.

“I think that we owe to the President to tell him what we have discussed. This is a wake- up call on the President and on all of us. We must be seen to be doing something.

“The President must act. Those responsible must be held accountable. Military all the time cannot be the solution. The military is being over stretched. That is not good for us. Most importantly action must begin to happen to show Nigerians that we are not just talking. We need to ensure that this never happens again. We need to restore hope,” Senate President, Bukola Saraki, said.

He added that the IGP must act on the resolution while the Benue State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice must be prepared to prosecute the masterminds of the mayhem.

Also, Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, urged the Senate to prevail on President Buhari to the declare a nationwide state of emergency to safe the country from drifting into anarchy.

https://www.headlineng.com/igp-gets-ultimatum-fish-benue-killer-herdsmen/

lalasticlala
Re: IGP Gets 14 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Benue Killer Herdsmen by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:33am On Jan 17, 2018
Senate, Senate, Senate...what will they do....the IGP will not be move by their empty threats...

2 Likes

Re: IGP Gets 14 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Benue Killer Herdsmen by Sunnymatey(m): 1:27am On Jan 17, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
Senate, Senate, Senate...what will they do....the IGP will not be move by their empty threats...
Pls wat's the purnishment meted to the killers of a female lbo trader in Kano and a female Evangelist in Abuja? this matter will die same way not untill the southerners and middle beltan become wise. not even a piece of land should be sole for ranching of cows cus that too will bring another problem. the best is rent or lease out land to them and if they misbehave, sent them parking.
Re: IGP Gets 14 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Benue Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 17, 2018
I still stand by my word.. nothing will go unhidden as I'll make sure justice is served
Re: IGP Gets 14 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Benue Killer Herdsmen by awakeupcall4all(m): 2:31am On Jan 17, 2018
You dont go about giving lame ultimatum to an IGP who is freely doing the bidding of the president to shield the killer fulani marauder while they go about with there vicious killing spree,maiming and causing carnage.
I am already doing the counting here and these 14 days will surely end with no fulani herdsman arrested and the spurious circle of excuses with talk and no action continues...But the ultimate judge of heaven and earth will surely dish out justice to all of them in no distant time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Gets 14 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Benue Killer Herdsmen by Ken4Christ: 2:35am On Jan 17, 2018
Sunnymatey:
Pls wat's the purnishment meted to the killers of a female lbo trader in Kano and a female Evangelist in Abuja? this matter will die same way not untill the southerners and middle beltan become wise. not even a piece of land should be sole for ranching of cows cus that too will bring another problem. the best is rent or lease out land to them and if they misbehave, sent them parking.

Those arrayed in court for the Kano case where all discharged and acquitted. I am not sure of the second case.
Re: IGP Gets 14 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Benue Killer Herdsmen by Mynd44: 5:31am On Jan 17, 2018

(1)

Happy Valentines Day Wishes For Husband / Don’t Contest In 2019, Bishop Chukwuma Tells Buhari / Ike Abonyi Appointed Media Adviser To PDP Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.