Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:15 PM

Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High (6177 Views)

After Record Loss, Nigeria’s Equities Market Rebounds / Nigerian Equities Drop To One-year Low After 1.29% Loss Thursday / Nigerian Equities Lose N467b Friday As Panic Selling Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by lastempero: 8:11am On Jan 17, 2018
Good news that is yet to reflect on the populace, they are just white washing everything.i know all this rallying around is just because of the increase in crude oil price which will soon go down again and we will come back to square one.
Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by buchai: 8:22am On Jan 17, 2018
and the prices of commodities keep soaring high. demutualization of nonsense it's only in papers that this government performs. "culminated in a new corporate strategy for the year 2018 - 2021" this government of APC is not culminated anywhere pass 2019 for your information. change have started occurring in the papers and overnight because of election insight.
Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by Dammyjeez(m): 8:35am On Jan 17, 2018
omonnakoda:
This claim is like taking a single piece of meat and cutting it into two and saying you now have more.
Is it at an all time high in dollar terms or in terms of a Naira that has lost 50% value in 3 years.
The reality is that the NSE has not yet recovered totally from the Naira woes though it is recovering
You are very correct!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by larryUG(m): 8:37am On Jan 17, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:
like your other educated illiterates, you are lame upstairs.

During GEJ, naira was devalued twice.

Because the government decided not to devalue, means the figures are wrong, right?

The only thing that will make the naira strong is if you are able to export more and import less.

You will all open teeth like roasted rodents and be talking rubbish!
You could have just made ur point without saying he is lame upstairs.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by omonnakoda: 8:38am On Jan 17, 2018
The bourses are not the economy. There is no correlation.
The market crashed and is recovering.
In real terms it has not recovered fully since the Naira has lost more than half its value.
Of course it is good news and hopefully portentous for the future.

But the reality is clear.
The stock markets of poor countries will remain vulnerable to pump and dump tactics .

What is of greater interest to genuine investors is yield/dividends while speculators focus on share price ignoring fundamentals.
Quite how anyone can argue that share prices reflect economic strength is baffling ,especially when unemployment is at an ALL TIME HIGH

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by omonnakoda: 8:39am On Jan 17, 2018
larryUG:

You could have just made ur point without saying he is lame upstairs.
Guy leave the baboon he chose the wrong person to bully.
His mother will die a slow and painful cancerous death.
Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by 1wolex85: 8:42am On Jan 17, 2018
omonnakoda:
This claim is like taking a single piece of meat and cutting it into two and saying you now have more.
Is it at an all time high in dollar terms or in terms of a Naira that has lost 50% value in 3 years.
The reality is that the NSE has not yet recovered totally from the Naira woes though it is recovering

But the NSE trades in naira, I really dont get your point. What brought dollar into this matter?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by larryUG(m): 8:43am On Jan 17, 2018
omonnakoda:

He is a cyber bully alright, buh for the sake of sanctity of life, don't wish his mother death. Two wrongs don't make a right. You fit ignore him

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by omonnakoda: 8:54am On Jan 17, 2018
larryUG:

He is a cyber bully alright, buh for the sake of sanctity of life, don't wish his mother death. Two wrongs don't make a right. You fit ignore him
That is when your it is your turn.
Put your advice to good personal use I do not need it.
She will die painfully that is my own.
Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by omonnakoda: 8:56am On Jan 17, 2018
1wolex85:

But the NSE trades in naira, I really dont get your point. What brought dollar into this matter?
My message is not for everyone, sorry. Those who understand know.
Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 17, 2018
Really naira was devalued?

...you can take your money to Zimbabwe Na @ least 1$ will fetch you 1m Zimbabwe dollars, then you can invest in their stock market.

The way common sense eludes some of you is becoming alarming!

naijapips04:
Trash. Two things, Naira was devalued and Our stock market is recovering from recession. These kind of bursts are expected just as they happened during the last stock market depression 2008 - 2012.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:32am On Jan 17, 2018
omonnakoda:

Your epileptic mother will cough to death.
She will never stop coughing
you see hwy I said you are lame, upstairs?

My Mom is healthy, she is not even epileptic.

The truth is, you are more than lame upstairs, you are dead there.

You're worthless, though

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by omonnakoda: 9:35am On Jan 17, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:
you see hwy I said you are lame, upstairs?

My Mom is healthy, she is not even epileptic.

The truth is, you are more than lame upstairs, you are dead there.

You're worthless, though
She is dying
Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:36am On Jan 17, 2018
omonnakoda:

larryUG:

grin grin he shldnt wish my mother dead?

Like, how does he wishing my mom dead actually means anything to her health?

They wished buhari dead and he is healthy...

The same mouth he dey use to pray for himself wey never still better for am, na im he go take curse wey go come come to pass?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:38am On Jan 17, 2018
omonnakoda:

She is dying
everyone is dying as they age. You are right. You are also dying. We all are..

Oya, talk another one

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by omonnakoda: 9:41am On Jan 17, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:
everyone is dying as they age. You are right. You are also dying. We all are..

Oya, talk another one
Your mother specifically will cough to death so you can tell yourself everyone is dying to ease your angst but she will die a painful cancerous death like a dog
Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:51am On Jan 17, 2018
omonnakoda:

Your mother specifically will cough to death so you can tell yourself everyone is dying to ease your angst but she will die a painful cancerous death like a dog
I can see that you still don't get it, right? grin grin grin

I don't believe in curses. Especially from someone as bitter as you. Since you believed so much in it, I hope it works well on any of your dearest family... Amen

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by omonnakoda: 9:56am On Jan 17, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:

I don't believe in curses. Especially from someone as bitter as you. Since you believed so much in it, I hope it works well on any of your dearest family... Amen
Who ask you story?
The epileptic bitch will die a painful death
Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by omonnakoda: 9:58am On Jan 17, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:

She will choke to death
Omonnakoda says so
Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by coachee247: 10:26am On Jan 17, 2018
this will really make sense if the general public can see the positive effects in their day to day activities and daily bread
Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by Bolster(m): 10:27am On Jan 17, 2018
omonnakoda:

That's so dumb.

When did Nigeria start spending dollar as local currency? When have ever heard the NSE in its 57 years, ever used dollar to express the results of daily trading?

You can only apply dollar through conversion if you're comparing our Stock Exchange with another country's Stock Exchange, say JSE.

When you're reporting local results for local consumption you use the local currency.

How hard could that be to understand?

Learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by Bolster(m): 10:35am On Jan 17, 2018
lastempero:
Good news that is yet to reflect on the populace, they are just white washing everything.i know all this rallying around is just because of the increase in crude oil price which will soon go down again and we will come back to square one.

Really?

How does the NYSE rally in the US affects the homeless people sleeping around the streets?

How does the LSE rally in the UK affects the price a jeans at Primark?

How does the JSE rally in SA affects the price an average South African pay for DSTV subscription?

Y'all should try to be in the know before criticising every good news about the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by Adagba1: 10:39am On Jan 17, 2018
If the statistics shows that it has reached all time low they will blame Buhari even though according to them it has nothing to do with their lives but now that the reverse is the case he should not take the credit.Double standard indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by BALLOSKI: 10:55am On Jan 17, 2018
omonnakoda:
grin grin grin

Because you hate good news doesn't mean you should show ignorance.

Read more and you'd see NSE has done better than most across the world in this early days of the year. It's now best in 2 weeks of the new Year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by BALLOSKI: 10:55am On Jan 17, 2018
Adagba1:
If the statistics shows that it has reached all time low they will blame Buhari even though according to them it has nothing to do with their lives but now that the reverse is the case he should not take the credit.Double standard indeed.
you de mind them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by SladeWilson(m): 11:06am On Jan 17, 2018
Benekruku:
Flat-Headed Dwarfs will be disappointed this morning

What a bad news to start the day
Check the views, it's not even upto 4k. They're only interested in bad news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by Benekruku(m): 11:08am On Jan 17, 2018
SladeWilson:

Check the views, it's not even upto 4k. They're only interested in bad news.

Very true!

2019 will humble them!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by ashjay001(m): 11:32am On Jan 17, 2018
wristbangle:
This is a good news. By now, this positive economic remarks ought to have reflected in commodity price and exchange rate but some evil element who are out to make exorbitant profit would rather want things to maintain its current status quo.

The naira value ought to have appreciated to atleast N280 per dollars. Though we don't know how long oil price will remain high but other non oil sector commodities we export had increased of recent.

Too much appreciation of d naira, without commiserate improvement in diversification, will lead us back to square-one. Imports will become cheaper to buy. Who will buy aba made, when I can get Italian made, relatively cheaper?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by deji17: 2:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
Swisscoinng:
Really naira was devalued?

...you can take your money to Zimbabwe Na @ least 1$ will fetch you 1m Zimbabwe dollars, then you can invest in their stock market.

The way common sense eludes some of you is becoming alarming!

That is how one of the wailers was arguing with me that Nigeria stock is performing better than the rest of the world because of oil price and xmas. I then asked him if Nigeria is the only oil producing country or the only place where xmas was celebrated on earth last year? He went dumb after that. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by wristbangle: 3:50pm On Jan 17, 2018
ashjay001:

Too much appreciation of d naira, without commiserate improvement in diversification, will lead us back to square-one. Imports will become cheaper to buy. Who will buy aba made, when I can get Italian made, relatively cheaper?

Hmm much meaning in your statement. With the current status quo, one of the things that will aid better standard of living is increment in workers wage and availability to basic amenities to cut expense cost at domestic and industrial level

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by Dollabiz: 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
Gud

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Equities Hit All-time N15.78tr High by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
Pope22:
Buhari is not working, there is nothing you people will say that will make it look like buhari is working, he is not working, he is not working, he is not working, he is not working, he is not working, he is not working, he is not working, BUHARI is not working.
o lawd! dis guy is angry. pope, drink water small

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Report Says Kuwait, Nigeria Will Be LNG Industry Growth Engines / Do You Have A Domicillary Account? / How Do Users Of Myus.com Receive Their Goods?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.