Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:13 PM

Action Speaks Louder, Be Actionable In 2018 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Action Speaks Louder, Be Actionable In 2018 (575 Views)

Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video) / Improve Your Ict Skill In 2018 With Certification. / List Of The Best Online Jobs For Students In Nigeria That Pays In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Action Speaks Louder, Be Actionable In 2018 by Watsoneology: 6:52am On Jan 17, 2018
Today i just feel like writing about how fear prevents us from making decisions when appropriate and how you can give yourself power by taking action, rather than putting yourself at the mercy of your circumstances.

We’ve all been in that place. You have a pretty good idea what must be done, but you can’t do it. You know it is the appropriate thing to do, but you just can’t act.

You are stuck. You mull the circumstances over and over in your head, but still, you don’t do anything about it. You wait…wait for life to come along and work it out for you. life never gives you want you desires

Then you accept the outcome. There are times when this approach might be okay, perhaps even the best choice; but most of the time we just don’t have the courage to make a decision.

That’s what it boils down to, you know…courage. Well, I know that’s the case for me anyway. I have taken to examining myself at such times when I find it difficult to decide what best to do.

My discovery is that, even when it is abundantly clear that one action is for the greater good, fear stops me from acting on my own will.

I look at the “possible” consequences, and I can’t bear to move forward. What about the other action? Well, the fallout of that might also be unbearable, so I don’t take that action either.

I can’t stay where I am. I must do one of the other. Repeatedly I return back to the same fork in the road, and I don’t act on either one, hoping that the next time I return there would be more clarity. Sadly, clarity hardly comes.

Eventually, when I do act, a lot more damage has been done than was necessary...damage that could have been avoided if I only dared to act sooner.

Well, more damage isn’t always done, one could argue. It’s true. Still, at the very least, you take away your control of the situation by becoming a victim. Surely that’s wrong, you say. What if you rush into a decision that you later come to regret?

Wouldn’t it be better to consider things fully before you do something stupid? Once again, that’s correct. However, for most people, the consideration goes on for way longer than it should.

If there is something else that should happen first, then that’s fine; but this is not the case either, for most people. It’s just that they don’t want to do what is necessary.

Making decisions is a key activity in taking control of your life. It’s a skill in itself. Some people seem to have the ability to do it better than others. For these people, it seems to be an innate ability.

For others, well it requires development. You have to practice. You have to flex those “decision-making” muscles. You can’t
afford to wait around for things to happen. You have to confront your fear...fear of failure and of missed opportunities.

In order to develop the ability to act when the situation demands it, it’s ironic that the best ally is a more “passive” resource. It’s acceptance.

When you can learn to accept life, then you can do more without being paralyzed by fear. Think about it. You can’t control everything. This is a fact. You can’t see the future (unless you are psychic or something, in which case skip this); another fact. You will make mistakes in life, but you can recover and move on.

Accept all of this, and you’re well on your way to being able to make tough actionable decisions in 2018.

Acceptance is not so difficult. You do it all the time. Do you drive? Well, if you do, you have to take it for granted that the driver coming from the opposite direction is not a lunatic who is going to run into you.

If you’ve ever crossed the street at a Traffic Light or gotten in a car with someone else driving, then you’re doing a lot of accepting.

How do you do it? Well, you don’t have a choice. You have to get to where you’re going. You wouldn’t get there if you refuse to get in a car because you are afraid you might crash. It’s a risk you have to take because you are convinced that it there is almost no choice.

Well, how about applying that acceptance to your decision? There are no guarantees in life (generally speaking). You might have made a mistake, but at least you had the courage to choose.

And who’s to say you wouldn’t have gotten struck by lightning if you had taken the other path. You just can’t know that it would have been better if you hadn’t acted as you did. Accept this as well. It will give you confidence. Trust me, with confidence; you are already half-way to your destination.

So step up to the plate. Choose. Don’t be a victim of circumstance. You can do so much more knowing that you are responsible for the choices that have delivered you to where you are in life.

Make Actionable Decision in 2018, about 17 days gone, the new year is now getting old

From

Mbonu Watson C

University Of NairaLearn

Source https://nairalearn.com/

With Thanks and Love Guys

1 Like

Re: Action Speaks Louder, Be Actionable In 2018 by purem(m): 7:08am On Jan 17, 2018
Interesting smiley

Read something like this in the morning and have a positive view of life throughout the day wink
Re: Action Speaks Louder, Be Actionable In 2018 by purem(m): 7:09am On Jan 17, 2018
Interesting smiley

Read something like this in the morning and have a positive view of life throughout the day wink

All this yeye mods will never take this to FP
Re: Action Speaks Louder, Be Actionable In 2018 by AishaBuhari: 7:15am On Jan 17, 2018
Relaxing and Refreshing wink
Re: Action Speaks Louder, Be Actionable In 2018 by AishaBuhari: 7:16am On Jan 17, 2018
purem:
Interesting smiley

purem:
Interesting smiley

You must be a Glo subscriber
Re: Action Speaks Louder, Be Actionable In 2018 by AishaBuhari: 7:16am On Jan 17, 2018
Lalasticalala
Mynd44
Re: Action Speaks Louder, Be Actionable In 2018 by purem(m): 7:34am On Jan 17, 2018
AishaBuhari:

You must be a Glo subscriber

Airtel wink

I was suppose to modify my post wen I want to talk about the mods but I backward my browser, that's why it's get duplicated
Re: Action Speaks Louder, Be Actionable In 2018 by Watsoneology: 10:07am On Jan 17, 2018
Yes Bro

The New Year 2018 Is Now Growing Old

Every One Have To Be Actionable Now

Thanks
purem:
Interesting smiley

1 Like

Re: Action Speaks Louder, Be Actionable In 2018 by Futureschool(m): 11:32am On Jan 17, 2018
Love this. This is really a year of ACTION. We all need to STOP TALKING AND START ACTING; BECOME A CREATOR. You will love yourself for it.
Re: Action Speaks Louder, Be Actionable In 2018 by Watsoneology: 11:42am On Jan 17, 2018
You Are On Point
Futureschool:
Love this. This is really a year of ACTION. We all need to STOP TALKING AND START ACTING; BECOME A CREATOR. You will love yourself for it.

(1) (Reply)

Career Tips: The 5 Reasons People Give Up On Their Dreams / 10 Juicy Truths About Digital Art Illustration Business / Lexoft Media Limited Recruiting Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.