Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,100 members, 7,807,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce (4083 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) / Nigeria Law For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by domwas2(m): 11:44am On Mar 02, 2007
Obasanjo's son files for divorce, "My wife can't cook" - Gbenga

Gbenga Obasanjo, the first son of President Olusegun Obasanjo, is proving that he is every inch a chip off the old block. That was the reaction of many Nigerians to the story broken by P.M.News that the President’s first son has filed a divorce suit against his wife of six years, Mojisola, daughter of distinguished businessman, Chief Alex Onabanjo.

Though the couple have been living apart for some time now, the suit was filed last year, precisely on Tuesday, 28 December, at the Ikeja High Court. Gbenga cited incompatibility as one of the grounds for the divorce. The first son of the first citizen also did not spare his father in-law in an interview with TheNEWS magazine.

“I can’t stay in the same room with my father in-law. I am divorcing my wife. You know I would have loved to show you the papers, but I don’t want you to know my house,” Gbenga said in the interview. Ironically, the engagement ceremony which preceded the wedding of Gbenga and Moji Alex-Onabanjo, was the talk of the town when it took place in 2000.

Virtually all the serving ministers, state governors, captains of industry and notable personalities graced the occasion .

P.M.News gathered that the immediate reason for the twist in the relationship of the former love birds was Moji's inability to cook her husband's meal. Gbenga, it was gathered, had insisted that rather than the househelp, Moji should be the one to prepare his meals.

The president’s son, it was gathered, consequently sent the househelp packing, but helpless Moji recalled her. Gbenga, it was learned, became infuriated and sent the maid packing the second time. The medical doctor was also said to have been disappointed in his father in-law, who took sides with his daughter and failed to admonish her to return to her matrimonial home to prepare simple meals.

Gbenga seems to have taken after his father who has a penchant of living separately from many of his women. Remi, the mother of Gbenga and Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello, the incumbent Commissioner of Health in Ogun State, was the first wife of the President. But President Obasanjo and the woman have been living separately for many years.

Some of the president's estranged wives are Major Moji Obasanjo (retd.), Taiwo Martins, the twin sister of top politician, Kenny Martins, etc. As a result of the president's penchant for using women and dumping them, there has been no legitimate wife in his life since the death of Chief (Mrs.) Stella Obasanjo on October 23 last year.

Divorce seems to run in the family as Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello has also divorced her husband for allegedly using her father’s name to engage in fraudulent activities abroad.

http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=252&Itemid=90
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by Seun(m): 11:46am On Mar 02, 2007
Divorcing your educated wife because you want her to cook your meals. How disgusting.
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by LadyT(f): 12:02pm On Mar 02, 2007
Seun please just because someone is educated doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to cook!  I blame him if he wanted an educated wife would could cook he should of married one!  Shes has obobviouslyas never had any reason to cook so where he thought she would get these skills from I don't know.
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by ikamefa(f): 7:39pm On Mar 02, 2007
* yawn*   grin  LMAO!  grin

suprising enough! i watched  a yoruba movie recently where (bukky wright) the wife could not cook to save her life ! she was a spoilt brat in that movie  grin

when they tell all this rich /famous guys  to marry ajepako gals  grin nahhhhhhhhhhhh na ajebutter like them they will go for!  grin

methinks there is more to this story of Gbenga obasanjo and his wife, ordinary  cooking!  shocked nahhhhhhhhhhhhh! there is more to it!  smiley
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by Seun(m): 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2007
There may be more to it, but many Nigerian marriage can be dissolved for such reasons.
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by ikamefa(f): 7:49pm On Mar 02, 2007
Seun:

There may be more to it, but many Nigerian marriage can be dissolved for such reasons.

what happened to them when they were dating? did she not cook for him then?
what happened to the undying love he declared for her during the wedding? what about teaching his wife how to cook? what about sending her to a cooking school? smiley

nahhh! there is more to this like i said! smiley
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by 4Play(m): 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2007
Isn't the Gbenga fella the one with mental issues?
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by rikkyjen(m): 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2007
Abeg this na story!, almost a year ago
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by domwas2(m): 8:28pm On Mar 02, 2007
it's not all about time but the issue itself.
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by Nobody: 2:54am On Mar 05, 2007
Enough is enough for these Obasanjo kids. They hold nothing back with the way they talk. Like father like children. Very uncultured kids. Why bringing dirty laundry outside. They just talk like they owned the world. What a shame?
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by domwas2(m): 12:34pm On Mar 05, 2007
they r not their for ever undecided
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by GNature(m): 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2007
I agree with ikamefa, I think there's more to this story than the food issue.

Don't worry, I trust Sun News will clarify things for us. Just give them some time   grin
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by sisimose(f): 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2007
I don't even know this son of his, anyone with a picture please? smiley
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by domwas2(m): 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2007
sisimose:

I don't even know this son of his, anyone with a picture please? smiley
nevermind, i'd get you one or two pic soon. . .
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by domwas2(m): 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2007
a look like his father

Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by domwas2(m): 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2007
Like papa like pilkin,

Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by sisimose(f): 2:18pm On Mar 09, 2007
Domwas2 thank you smiley
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by switosman(m): 10:53am On Mar 10, 2007
like papa like pikin my ass. a man is ascerting what he wants and people are not comfortable with it. both him and his wife have problem. other issues abound that we dont know but if she want to save her marriage , maggi kitchen can help
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by Seun(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2007
Why should any woman want to 'save her marriage' with such a man? I'd rather be single, if I was his wife!
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by Aproko(f): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2007
serves him right. i hope he ate plenty of meat pie from mr. biggs those 7 years. when he left better well brought up girls and went to marry aje butter, please what did he expect?that she would pound yam?or cook with firewood?he had better go to the village and pick a wife if food is his reason for getting married. grin
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by 9ja4eva: 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2007
lmao.He never start
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by stellose(f): 10:06am On May 09, 2007
THE GUY IS A STUPID FELLOW, HIM NO SEE SAY THE LADY NO SABI COOK WHEN THEM DEY FRIEND?
FOR THE LADY, WHY IS IT THAT THIS SO CALLED RICH MEN CHILDREN DONT KNOW HOW TO DO ANYTHING?
NA WOOOO, ABI THE LADY THINKS GBENGA WILL EAT FROM MR BIGGS EACH DAY. SERVES HER RIGHT.
LET HER GIVE WAY FOR HOMELY GIRL TO COME IN ABEG
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by Beline(f): 4:23pm On May 09, 2007
Why today? Why after seven years before he realize that his wife can't cook, I believe there is more to this story because can't be a reason for divorce when there are solutions around, for instance sending her to catering school.

When the marriage was contracted years ago i said that this is certainly out of love but passion for wealth. Lesson for those that are seeking for money in marriage instead of love
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by elbeyah(f): 8:52am On May 10, 2007
is it really any of y'alls biz what happs in Objs farm, sorry family & what Gbenga wants to do with his wife?

really, this shows that what the upper class does "marrying family name, class or family money" is crap!
abi dem think say we wey our family no too hold no wan marry into a rich family grin

To gbenga or anyone who knows him personally,if its food that is your prob, i have MANY cousins and realtiions that will happily feeed you crazy grin
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by 9ja4eva: 6:21am On May 12, 2007
lmao
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by BIKINI(f): 4:27pm On May 13, 2007
THE GUY WAS JUST FED UP .THE FOOD THING WAS JUST AN EXCUSE,
AFTERALL CAN HIS SISTERS EVEN COOK? WITH ALL THAT AJEBUTTER TRAINING .IF HE WERE TO BE A GIRL, I'M SURE HE WULD'T HAVE KNOWN HOW TO PUT ON THE GAS. AFTERALL THE MAIDS ARE THER TO DO IT. NOW HE WANTS TO CRUCIFY ANOTHER MAN'S DAUGTHER WHEN THEY BASICALLLY HAD SIMILAR UPBRINGING.

HE WAS ALREADY TIRED OF THE MARRIAGE. PERIOD
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by 9ja4eva: 3:17am On May 14, 2007
Probably bt den who cares abt him?
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by chykk(f): 4:30pm On Dec 13, 2009
dont mean to b a wet blanket people but apparently the wifey is not overly interested in the marriage.tell me how many of u guys would like some housegirl to prepare ur meals while ur wife powders her maybe not even fine nose?this is enough reason for divorce pple ,in the real world!
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by mamagee3(f): 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2009
Can Gbenga cook himself?
He's such an idiot
. angry
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by Outstrip(f): 10:52pm On Dec 13, 2009
chykk:

dont mean to b a wet blanket people but apparently the wifey is not overly interested in the marriage.tell me how many of u guys would like some housegirl to prepare your meals while your wife powders her maybe not even fine nose?this is enough reason for divorce pple ,in the real world!

oh please mechi onu. mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by MCLOVIN: 2:27pm On Dec 17, 2009
Re: Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce by ekoboy: 10:53am On Dec 18, 2009
[size=8pt][size=8pt][/size][/size]Food is an important part any married man's life! In marriage there are responsibilities/expectations. Unfortunately or fortunately for a woman,running the kitchen is part(if not the most of her responsibility)atleast in Africa. Not been able to cook,on its own may not push a man to ask for divorce, but am sure a woman who cannot cook, cannot also manage the home. I take it that woman lazy! What does it take to cook(NOTHING). if any woman really wants to cook, a few lessons is all it would take. I take it Gbenga's wife was too lazy and the man just couldn't take it. Most men i know(myself inclusive) cannot handle a lazy woman in the house. Just as there are expectations for the woman, there are also some for men, and i would not subscribe to the man not doing his part, so do see me as been bias. Everybody should just play his/her part to make a marriage work.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Interested In Moderating This Section? / How I Was Scammed By A Babalawo And A Pastor / Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.