Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,153 members, 7,807,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Rowdy Session As PDP Senators Prevent Colleague From Defecting To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rowdy Session As PDP Senators Prevent Colleague From Defecting To APC (697 Views)

Pastor Aimola John Slumps, Dies After Defecting To APC In Edo / Rowdy Session As Buhari Arrives National Assembly To Present The 2019 Budget / Ekweremadu: Atiku, Secondus’ Telephone Calls Pacified Him From Defecting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rowdy Session As PDP Senators Prevent Colleague From Defecting To APC by Ekiti360(m): 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2018
The Nigerian Senate, on Wednesday was thrown into a rowdy session as it was about recording the first official cross-carpeting for the year 2018.

Senator Sonni Ogbuoji (Ebonyi South) had come under order 43 of the rules of the Senate to announce his official defection from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Members of the PDP and APC didn’t allow Ogbuoji to finish when the floor was thrown into rowdiness, with the APC Senators dragging the new defector to their wing while PDP lawmakers scampered to rescue him to their wing.

Having brought the floor to decorum, Senator Ogbuoji, in a twist of event, announced that he was withdrawing his earlier announcement.

“I came under order 43 with the intention that I needed to make some declarations this morning. But my party, the PDP felt I had not consulted with them enough.

“So, because of the love they had shown to me in the past, I’m stepping down my decision to decamp”, Ogbuoji declared.

Responding, the President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki who presided over the plenary, did not object to the withdrawal of statement of defection.

He said, in line with our rules, we cannot debate on this. But, Senator Sonni, I’m going to keep the whole day for you, in case you wish to come under order 43 again and perfect your defection,” Saraki said jokingly.

http://fabinfos.com/breaking-rowdy-session-pdp-senators-prevent-colleague-defecting-apc/

Lalasticlala Dominique Ishilove Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Rowdy Session As PDP Senators Prevent Colleague From Defecting To APC by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
Useless Senators, You Would Think They Are Fighting For The Interest Of The Masses, Is All About Their Sinking Pockets...
Re: Rowdy Session As PDP Senators Prevent Colleague From Defecting To APC by magoo10(m): 1:10pm On Jan 17, 2018
Nollywood series
Re: Rowdy Session As PDP Senators Prevent Colleague From Defecting To APC by ican2020: 1:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
Nigeria politicians, especially the political office holders should for God's sake stop disgracing Nigeria
In Ghana, politicians stay put in their respective parties irrespective of the situation.
Re: Rowdy Session As PDP Senators Prevent Colleague From Defecting To APC by mikejj(m): 2:21pm On Jan 17, 2018
angry oh God give us new set of leaders
Re: Rowdy Session As PDP Senators Prevent Colleague From Defecting To APC by tashashiel(f): 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
I no do again na by force?? grin
Re: Rowdy Session As PDP Senators Prevent Colleague From Defecting To APC by GavelSlam: 5:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
Lol

grin

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Gov Sani-bello’s Convoy Saves Lives Of Injured Students / I’m Waiting On Nigerians To Decide 2019 Move, Says Buhari / Rep: We Have Idea Where Abducted Dapchi Girls Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.