Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic (3180 Views)

My Visit To The Ancient Cave Of Ashes... Isarun In Ondo State. (pictures) / My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). / Woman Prays For Grandson In Rivers, Washes His Head, Feet Ahead Of Visit To Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 4:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
Okay, so in December, 2017, we visited Benin Republic.

Quidah (pronounced Weedah) is the town after Cotonou. Lovely quiet little town with lots of slave routes and other tourist attractions.

We left Lagos on the 1st of December and returned on the 3rd December. 2017. I will be sharing the pictures of our adventure with you...

5 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 4:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
This is the team that went to quidah from Lagos. So we got on a bus... We had chartered this bus to be with us throughout the whole journey...

4 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
Had a border stop for about an hour in Some. After crossing, we got sim cards and entered Cotonou.

We decided to have an amala stop as it is our norm to eat local.

3 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2018
We departed Lagos around 6:15am and finally arrived Quidah past 3. Mind you we had delays at the border, tire issues and amala detour.

We got to quidah and we lodged in Hotel Du Diaspora, cheaper than Casa de Papa. That's where most tourist go but the hotel we were was equally good with serene environment.

After resting for few hours in our hotel rooms, we had our dinner under the watchful eyes of the moon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2018
We had games that night and retired to bed at 1:30am

At dawn, we took to light exercises and had breakfast by the beach.

4 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by tessytessy(f): 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
Quidah is very nice. Went there once. The rooms in those beach houses are made of wood. One guy next to our room almost kill his girl with bleep, come and see shouting. It lasted for over an hour. I think the guy was on tramadol or something.

Nice place to go.

6 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by chukxie(m): 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
Nice.
Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2018
After the breakfast, we began the tour of the beautiful city.

Visited slaves routes and some ancient Dahomey kingdoms.

Saw different crafts and artifacts.

6 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
Some more places we visited

1 Like

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 4:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
We had an unforgettable three course meal as lunch at a local restaurant for a value of less than 2000 Naira

2 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2018
We went back to the hotel and had some rest.

In the evening, we swam in their beautiful pool

Did I mention we visited the python temple... Wow... You need to see the snakes...

4 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2018
Then we started preparing for the main activity of the night which is the burn fire...

We had barbecue, drinks and games.

5 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 4:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
More preparations

2 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
And then we had a wonderful burn fire...

Perfect end to a wonderful journey...

We left in the morning on the 3rd of December after having breakfast and arrived Lagos around 4pm.

To join us for such adventure, follow us on facebook.com/backpackerslagos and instagram.com/backpackerslagos

4 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
tessytessy:
Quidah is very nice. Went there once. The rooms in those beach houses are made of wood. One guy next to our room almost kill his girl with bleep, come and see shouting. It lasted for over an hour. I think the guy was on tramadol or something.

Nice place to go.

hahahaahaha
Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by Bigbeard(m): 8:32am On Jan 18, 2018
աօա!

ռɨċɛ tɦʀɛaɖ.

ɖɨɖ ʏօʊ ɢօ աɨtɦ a tօʊʀ ɢʀօʊք @ օք ?
Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 9:41am On Jan 18, 2018
Bigbeard:
աօա!

ռɨċɛ tɦʀɛaɖ.

ɖɨɖ ʏօʊ ɢօ աɨtɦ a tօʊʀ ɢʀօʊք @ օք ?

No, we are an adventure group! There is a difference! Tour groups wants to make money, adventure group are low budget travelers...

8 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by tellwisdom: 10:26am On Jan 18, 2018
Op, How much was the contribution per head? You didn't show us where you slept and what you slept with.

Did u yansh?? sad

2 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by tessytessy(f): 11:32am On Jan 18, 2018
grin grin grin grin
tellwisdom:
Op, How much was the contribution per head? You didn't show us where you slept and what you slept with.

Did u yansh?? sad
Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by tellwisdom: 11:42am On Jan 18, 2018
tessytessy:
grin grin grin grin

I read where u said u visited this republic. Pls can u take me there.?? What's ur schedule like??
Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by olashas(f): 11:51am On Jan 18, 2018
Very nice. I was in Quidah in December 2016. Cool place.

Found you on fb. Following...

4 Likes

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by suyamasta(m): 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
Good stuff, that permanent erection got me laffing real hard!
Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by Franky826: 12:39pm On Jan 18, 2018
Hmmmm looks cool what's the contribution per head?

Looks like a nice group to be in for future getaway wink

Don't do Facebook and Instagram, y'all on Twitter?
Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
tellwisdom:

Did u yansh?? sad

you'd be surprised if i tell you...

Well it was 40k per person (minimum, some people opted for bigger rooms)....That covers transport, hotel accommodation, transportation within quidah, breakfast and dinner for the whole 3 days, 2 night.

1 Like

Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2018
suyamasta:
Good stuff, that permanent erection got me laffing real hard!

it is a sight to behold...lol
Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
olashas:
Very nice. I was in Quidah in December 2016. Cool place.

Found you on fb. Following...

thank you...i hope you like what you have seen so far
Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by zillonnair(m): 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
Franky826:
Hmmmm looks cool what's the contribution per head?

Looks like a nice group to be in for future getaway wink

Don't do Facebook and Instagram, y'all on Twitter?

but scarcely put any update in there...
Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by MrGreenMavro: 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
nice
Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by suyamasta(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2018
zillonnair:

it is a sight to behold...lol
Lol for d ladies the most, i like how calm and peaceful the whole experience was for u guys!
Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by gnykelly(m): 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2018
God this is the way I love to live life. not destroying ones liver with alcohol and women
Re: Our Visit To Quidah, Benin Republic by gnykelly(m): 6:46pm On Jan 18, 2018
zillonnair:
More preparations
what was the exchange rate like. and how did you go about it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brazilian Girls Show Me Salvador, Bahia, Brazil (pix) / Relocating Abroad With Family / How Much Is Nigerian International Passport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.