Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Literature - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature (327 Views)

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) / What's The Best Story You've Ever Read Here On Literature Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Literature by Tonieokey(m): 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
It happened so fast, a loud bang shattering the little calm I was experiencing since our last encounter with the police. It was frantic and clamorous, almost ripping into my soul to murder the inner peace I had groomed throughout my adult life.
For me, there was not enough time to say a little prayer, asking God to receive my soul, not that he would listen seeing as I had just untangled coitally from amaka a few short hours ago. In a split second, everyone were screaming, calling the spirit being by so many names making me wonder which he would respond to. I even heard the stout Hausa man bellowing on his version of the spirit being to come save him, but to me there was simply not enough time.
Then came the inevitable cries of agony as our bus stood still after the heavy collision. I turned to my right and the young beautiful lady I had flirted with earlier was almost unrecognizable as blood trickled down from her forehead and nose, she must have hit hard. The Hausa man was groaning in pain and I couldn't tell if it was from the red blob on his stoic face where his right eye used to be, or from his leg that was caught between the now crushed metal that used to be a seat. I was afraid to think about the damage done to my own body, not bringing myself to poke into the pain my brain was already sending all over me.
Afraid of the spill over from my little escapade seeing as nobody knew of my whereabouts and as I was lifted up a and placed in an ambulance a few hours later, without any sort of weight on my legs, I imagined how my lovely wife would take this. I knew she would nurse me back to health, then make the rest of my life hell literally. Hello Lucifer.

(1) (Reply)

Best Novel You Have Read / Redundancy In The Use Of Prepositions / Latest Zimbabwean Poet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.