Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:37 AM

Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara (25895 Views)

35 Killed As Herdsmen Burn Tse Umenger, Benue Village / Police Knows The Sponsors Of Herdsmen But Can’t Arrest Them – Former Naval Chief / Herdsmen Burn Ayodele Adigun's Palm Plantation In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by Islie: 4:38am On Jan 18, 2018
Posted By: Adekunle Jimoh, Ilorin

A former Chief of Naval Staff, Vice-Admiral Samuel Afolayan (retd), claimed on Wednesday that herdsmen burnt 20 hectares of orange plantation, 20 hectares of cassava farm and five hectares of palm plantation in his farm.

He said the farm is about 500 hectares.
The ex- naval chief put the loss at over N200 million.

Speaking with journalists in Ibbo-Ile, Ekiti local government area of Kwara State, Afolayan said the herdsmen had been destroying his plantations for over 10 years.

He said: “The destruction and burning of my farmland has become an annual routine. This will be the first time of letting people know what has been happening in the last 10 years.

It is the cow-rearers that have been damaging my things and right now there about three cases in court. Every year, my farm is burnt and we believed that it is not deliberate when it first started.

They will go and arrest them, they will go to the local chiefs and friends and beg them.

“When I looked at the people that were engaged in this act, I found that they are people of low means. I will release them.

But as times went on, I discovered that these boys are being sponsored by people of means and outside Kwara State. I have of recent somebody who is put in detention who is from Zamfara State.

The one that is in court is from Niger State. So most of the damages I continued to have are from the north. They carry their cows, mindless of the size of what you have or get, they destroyed it with impunity.

“No less than 20 hectares of oranges, five hectares of palm trees and 20 hectares of cassava had been burnt or destroyed this year. I am not an expert or a valuer but my estimation is that the current loss is over N200m.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/herdsmen-burn-ex-naval-chiefs-farms-kwara/

1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by Firefire(m): 4:39am On Jan 18, 2018
No be today...

It did not take long for United Nation to accept Fulani Herdsmen as global Terrorists after the proscription by Global Terrorism Index.

Wondering why Nigerian government still fails to follow this global best practice?

I challange Mohomodu Buhary to labeled this vampire terrorist and see how peace would spread across Nigeria.

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by Nobody: 4:42am On Jan 18, 2018
Buhari just they start, una never see anything

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by dahunsy(f): 4:44am On Jan 18, 2018
Hehehehehe grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by LionDeLeo: 4:47am On Jan 18, 2018
HsLBroker:

These are the same people shouting "zone-b" everywhere.

"This will be the first time of letting people know what has been happening in the last 10 years."

Watch how he or any of his likes shamelessly do this

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by usba: 4:58am On Jan 18, 2018
LionDeLeo:

"This will be the first time of letting people know what has been happening in the last 10 years."

grin grin I have discovered that in nairaland the only useful criteria for being a Buhari critique is to be proudly an ignorant fool.

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by SOFTENGR: 5:02am On Jan 18, 2018
Vote Bubu in 2019 and see more of that.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by LionDeLeo: 5:03am On Jan 18, 2018
usba:

grin grin I have discovered that in nairaland the only useful criteria for being a Buhari critique is to be proudly an ignorant fool.
They are coming for you very soon. grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by emmie14: 5:06am On Jan 18, 2018
What is wrong with these barbarians? When will they be tired of troubles? Maybe Allah instructed them to destroy and kill for nonexistent Seven heavenly virgins . I wounder what shall be retirement rewards of there females counter-parts, seven virgin guys? Hmmm .
Shallow rooted laws and teachings.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by FarahAideed: 5:11am On Jan 18, 2018
LionDeLeo:

Has Buhari not been championing Herdsmen recklessness for more than 20 years , it has only gotten more brazen as he is in Aso Rock

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by usba: 5:12am On Jan 18, 2018
LionDeLeo:

They are coming for you very soon. grin
grin grin It is a truth I am willing to defend.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by usba: 5:13am On Jan 18, 2018
[s]
FarahAideed:

Has Buhari not been championing Herdsmen recklessness for more than 20 years , it has only gotten more brazen as he is in Aso Rock
[/s]

Start from .... It has been happening for the past 10 years .....

Hate can never be the foundation of sensible comments.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by usba: 5:16am On Jan 18, 2018
[s]
emmie14:
What is wrong with these barbarians? When will they be tired of troubles? Maybe Allah instructed them to destroy and kill for nonexistent Seven heavenly virgins . I wounder what shall be retirement rewards of there females counter-parts, seven virgin guys? Hmmm .
Shallow rooted laws and teachings.
[/s]

After lying he would still pretend to be religious and God fearing... grin grin grin the story of sad hateful ignorance

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by LionDeLeo: 5:17am On Jan 18, 2018
[s]
FarahAideed:

[/s]

The other one said Bubu is just starting, this one said he had started 20 yrs back. Which one na?

SalamRushdie, give us examples. grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by onatisi(m): 5:19am On Jan 18, 2018
HsLBroker:
God bless you for this comment.
Now we can see who the real wailers are. When some of us were raising early alarm signals about bihari before the election and immediately he assumed power ,Nigerians were making jest of us and calling us wailers. No one should complain ,they should rather keep shouting SAI BABA

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by Nobody: 5:23am On Jan 18, 2018
onatisi:

God bless you for this comment.
Now we can see who the real wailers are. When some of us were raising early alarm signals about bihari before the election and immediately he assumed power ,Nigerians were making jest of us and calling us wailers. No one should complain ,they should rather keep shouting SAI BABA
no mind them, we now shouting sai baba, they shouting shit baba

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by Haganah: 5:27am On Jan 18, 2018
ANd Westwards the wind blows!

SouthWest enjoy your change!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by aolawale025: 5:28am On Jan 18, 2018
He should find out how idiagbon dealt with a similar issue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by Lionhearted: 5:28am On Jan 18, 2018
Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gun powder, and somebody/some people playing with matches so close.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by xreal: 5:45am On Jan 18, 2018
Soldier turn farmer.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by Warship: 6:16am On Jan 18, 2018
If Buhari returns back in 2019, I see SW being invaded by Fulani herdsmen terrorists with the open support of Buhari asking for Colonies all over the West for peace to reign.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by fiizznation: 6:52am On Jan 18, 2018
funny nation.... Fulani herdsmen is thé latest propaganda. Everything is now attributed to fulani herdsmen. Smh

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by anibirelawal(m): 7:01am On Jan 18, 2018
Warship:
If Buhari returns back in 2019, I see SW being invaded by Fulani herdsmen terrorists with the open support of Buhari asking for Colonies all over the West for peace to reign.

SEE NO EVIL!

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by onatisi(m): 7:06am On Jan 18, 2018
Lionhearted:
Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gun powder, and somebody/some people playing with matches so close.
Buhari will not listen to anybody. He has eyes but can't see what everyone is seeing he only sees through the eyes of his Fulani and Islamic fanatics. As far as buhari is concerned the herdsmen have done nothing wrong and are doing nothing wrong ,to him it is either every other Nigerian succumbs to the dictates of his Fulani brothers or face his wrath

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by ckmayoca: 7:07am On Jan 18, 2018
they should kuku burn the ex naval officer.
Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by seunmsg(m): 7:07am On Jan 18, 2018
Lawmakers from the south and middle belt should come together and pass a law to ban open grazing nationwide. This madness has been going on for too long and must stop.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by smulti(m): 7:11am On Jan 18, 2018
fiizznation:
funny nation.... Fulani herdsmen is thé latest propaganda. Everything is now attributed to fulani herdsmen. Smh

that was how northern elders shielded book haram until it started consuming them

war against bookharam is war against the north.. buhari

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by OutOfTheAshes(m): 7:40am On Jan 18, 2018
Sai Baba, Buhari till 3099! wink cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by proeast(m): 8:42am On Jan 18, 2018
Another Middle East has been created in the Middle Belt of the sh!thole, I see no end to this, its a war without end! Yet the terrorist in aso rock said there is an agricultural revolution going on, or was he reffering to herdsmen revolution?? Well, Nigerians asked for what they are getting from these vampires. Twice, the Igbos through Ojukwu & Kanu wanted to change things so we could have a normal and just country yet twice both the conquered people of the sh!thole and their slave masters ganged up against the Igbo nation and till today, they are still making sure we continue to pay price. TO ALL IGBOS, LET US BE ON THE FENCE FOR ONCE & ALLOW OTHERS TO FIGHT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by victorazy(m): 8:42am On Jan 18, 2018
After having glimpse of the Headline, I was optimistic the former officer is a Christian and I was not disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara by BeijinDossier: 8:42am On Jan 18, 2018
HsLBroker:

Hehehehehe

Do we still have a president in this country? It is now free for all. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down / Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' / Police Officers Beat Nursing Mother To Stupour In Abuja

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.